Great Feature-Rich Software

There are a ton of great features. I really like how I'm able to integrate directly into my website.

[Gist] takes some getting used to …

Gist Review

We are using Gist as a livechat feature on our website. It helps us help our customers on the go as soon as they have any sort of questions.

So glad I've found Gist!

I have been with Gist since the days when it was called Convertfox. I use it on all my sites to communicate with potential as well as …

A fine contender

I used Gist last year to manage my email newsletter program, and also tested it for live chat. Ultimately, I decided not to offer live …

Professional

per month

Premium

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://getgist.com/pricing

What is Gist?

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform that helps organizations engage and lead their audience through the entire journey from website visitor to happy customer.

The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is an affordable product on the market that ties live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more into one easy-to-use tool.

Gist Features

• Supported: Event Tracking

Gist Screenshots

Live ChatEmail MarketingMarketing Automation WorkflowsKnowledge BaseMeetings

Gist Video

Engage and Lead your Audience through the Entire Customer Lifecycle with a Single Source of Truth.

Gist Integrations

Gist Competitors

Gist Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Alternatives

What is Gist?

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform. It includes live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more.

What is Gist's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.4.

Who uses Gist?

The most common users of Gist are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Matthew Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think that if you are looking for a live chat solution, Gist is one of the best on the market. It doesn't necessarily provide the best solution for email support if someone is looking for a Shared Inbox, though it does provide that.

What it also provides is Marketing Automation and Emails, so it is able to handle customer support requests, as well as launch marketing campaigns based on the user data in its CRM.
Gist is a full-featured email marketing/live chat platform at a fraction of the cost of their competitors. If you run a small business or are looking to consolidate your tool set into a single dashboard, then it's worth looking at.

If you need a feature-rich CRM, its not quite there yet.
Laszlo Csukas | TrustRadius Reviewer
It definitely works great for email marketing campaigns with automation and emails. These are the basic features and if you are looking for excellent service, then it's a great tool. If you're only looking for knowledge base software, then this service is a bit overkill.

I like I got almost all the must have tools in one pack for communication. Advanced email automation that is just got a new function of graphical campaign builder. Also, my subscription is include a live chat and a chat bot and both works well with my sites. No slowing down or other script issues that are not common in this kind of services.
If I had an issue the team was super responsive and helpful, that is essential for every business. The email delivery is great, so virtually no email has landed into spam folder.
Finally, the knowledge base is an excellent alternative for other Saas solutions. We just started to use this feature and our team is very satisfied with the results.
Interface: I like the UI that is modern, simple but highly usable. The developer is keeping taking care of it and the user experience is constantly evolving.
Jonathan Teixeira | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is very well suited if you want to add chat functionality to your website. I know it can do emails, tracking, and combine all that into some really powerful automation, but I can't speak into that since I haven't used those features yet. The chat is rock-solid, however. We're very happy with it.
Michael Storzieri | TrustRadius Reviewer
There are a lot of ways you can customize Gist to suit your client needs along with your own marketing and growing your list of prospects.
Using the Chatbot is easy when out and about on your mobile phone to keep visitors/prospects to your website informed fast in real-time.
Arpad Szucs | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's a great platform. We have been using Gist for customer support for about a year now. This is the first chat app we tried and works well so far. It has numerous handy features, like email automation, chatbots, live event tracker, knowledgebase, behavioral email marketing, and even drip campaigns, and so on. Gist's feature list is growing very fast, they seem to listen to their customers very well!
Christopher Maselli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist's messenger is especially powerful and I love that I can embed it on not only my website but other subdomains on my site. Makes it so my visitors can get ahold of me on the fly--and I get notifications by email and on my phone. I can also set up automations so the bot asks questions to try and help the visitor before they need human interaction. Really nice! I also like that Gist has full email marketing, automations, tags, etc.
[It's well suited] If you have a website and want to collect info from visitors and/or e-mail visitors and/or provide chat facility on your site and/or run popups and/or build a contacts database and/or build a knowledge base and/or set up automatic triggers and events when visitors perform certain actions.

It's less appropriate if you're not prepared to invest the time in building it so it works for your site.
Austin Dwight | TrustRadius Reviewer
If your marketing model is selling products, services, or SAAS where you are doing inbound marketing and your website will do most of the lead generation and conversion, this is a great product. From live chat, support, event tracking, and automation, you could almost put your entire business on autopilot.

If your marketing model is mostly outreach to cold leads and conversion, this software currently does not have any type of sales stages or task generation. I would still use Gist for website inbound but use another software for outreach and cold leads then when they become a lead put them into Gist for marketing automation.
Alvaro Asprilla | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is well suited to build relationships with leads and customers, to offer better support. And because of its marketing automation features could be very handy for improving collaboration in, as an example, the provision of educational services. We have worked with the companion iOS App and it is great for both the customer service team and the support team.
Kejda Gjermani | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is perfect for SaaS I'd say, and perfect for long sales cycles with lots of lead nurturing involved, and for scenarios where you re-market via FB ads, because there's FB custom audience integration built into the workflows. Perfect for customer service and support. Really outstanding there.

It's a little less suited to ecom but they're hammering out the finishing touches to make ecom cart recovery easier.
This is a solid email autoresponder system with amazing chat capability and wonderful responsive support. Ideal for entrepreneurs and SMEs that are looking to grow and scale-up. A large multinational company would not be the target audience for this system. They are saving me time with automated emails that are triggered by tags and that drip out to customers and prospects. They provide the capability that means when you send out emails they are branded correctly and come from your own company's domain. The chat widget on my website looks very professional.
As an early user of Gist, I've been impressed by how they have developed the interface and system showing REAL contacts and presenting that information as a priority. It's also a great way to sort through the noise and get relevant, targeted social media updates from Twitter and Facebook because, once again, Gist highlights the people I interact with most as a priority. A positive side effect of the service is the merging of my duplicate contact information.
For SaaS companies that need a complete and integrated customer contact solution, Gist is perfect. Rather than trying to blend together multiple chat + email + help desk, Gist provides all three modules in a well-integrated app.
If your business depends on customer interactions such as support or sales please do yourself a favor and get Gist. This tool will not only save you time but also help you get things done. One of the best things that my team and I enjoy the most with Gist is how fun it is to work with anything. In just a couple of clicks, you know where everything is located and how to use it.
Donald Chan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is good for email marketing, live chat and customer support for marketing agencies, ecommerce stores and SaaS companies. It works pretty well out of the box and we're happy with the value we are getting from it so far. Gist might not be suitable for businesses that are primarily conducted in-person e.g. field sales, retail outlets.
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
For the price, Gist is one of the best and feature rich tools you will find. If you are a smaller business and looking for value then Gist is a great choice. The feature set is great and the price is right. They have also made their various applications much more reliable over the past year. If you are a mature business with a bigger budget then you may get frustrated with some of the smaller bugs and quirks in Gist, it is not as polished as some of the more mature companies in this category.
Viktor Beall | TrustRadius Reviewer
I would say for anyone looking for a tool that helps them pull leads and sends emails, it's a great solution. They have more lead-grabbing features than most other tools. They also have support features like a knowledge base, and it's even built into the chat but we don't use it for that purpose.
If you're looking for a tool for visual email creation, it seems to be lacking in those features, but typically for b2b email automation that's not what you'd use it for. You can create a template, but you wouldn't be able to edit visual templates, so I would argue that this is a better tool for b2b purposes even though it integrates with sites like WordPress, WooCommerce and a host of others via direct and indirect integrations.
Patrick Black, MAS | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is great for eCommerce sites for which you have many products because you can target a different form or popup for each product page and tailor your message specifically for that product. The live chat is also great for that purpose. Being able to see the behavior of the contacts is very helpful when manually contacting them because we know where they've been on the site and we can be more prepared.