Great Feature-Rich Software

There are a ton of great features. I really like how I'm able to integrate directly into my website.

[Gist] takes some getting used to …

Gist Review

We are using Gist as a livechat feature on our website. It helps us help our customers on the go as soon as they have any sort of questions.

So glad I've found Gist!

A fine contender

Professional

per month

Premium

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://getgist.com/pricing

What is Gist?

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform that helps organizations engage and lead their audience through the entire journey from website visitor to happy customer.

The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is an affordable product on the market that ties live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more into one easy-to-use tool.

Gist Features

• Supported: Event Tracking

Gist Screenshots

Live ChatEmail MarketingMarketing Automation WorkflowsKnowledge BaseMeetings

Gist Video

Engage and Lead your Audience through the Entire Customer Lifecycle with a Single Source of Truth.

Gist Integrations

Gist Competitors

Gist Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Alternatives

What is Gist?

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform. It includes live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more.

What is Gist's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.4.

Who uses Gist?

The most common users of Gist are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Matthew Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Gist on a WordPress site that runs on BuddyBoss, LearnDash and WP Fusion.
It is dual purpose in that we use it for customer support, but we also use it as a CRM to use with WP Fusion so that we can tag users when they purchase products and gate content based on those tags with WP Fusion.
I have been using Gist's set of tools for two years now on a few different business websites and have really been loving all the different functions. I especially liked how easy it was to install and set up the Gist chatbox on my sites. The chatbox is far better for communicating with potential clients than over email.
I'm just getting started with Gist, but I'm really impressed. Having access to not only live chat but marketing automation features on the same platform is a huge win. This really helps streamline the communication process and cut costs. I'm also really looking forward to the CRM. It has been released but is still in its early stages. This will be huge for tracking customer journeys.
Laszlo Csukas | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using it as an all in one marketing communication package. The advanced email automation (that just got a new function of graphical campaign builder) is very handy. Also, my subscription includes a live chat and a chatbot and both works well with my sites. Also, we are using the knowledge base as an internal knowledge sharing tool. It's a good alternative for other Saas solutions.
Jonathan Teixeira | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Gist to chat with customers in real-time on our website and manage customer service. Our whole organization uses it and it helps streamline our communication. Our customers really appreciate that they're able to reach us easily and get a response quickly. It's easy to use and we're very happy with it.
Michael Storzieri | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist helps keep the bulk of our marketing in one location and easy to work with WordPress to set up the system.
The WordPress Gist plugin supports the popular form plugins like Gravity Forms, MailChimp Forms, Ninja Forms, WPForms, Contact Form 7, and more making it great for client sites.
There are a lot of ways you can customize Gist to suit your client needs along with your own marketing and growing your list of prospects.
Arpad Szucs | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our main use of Gist is for customer support via the Live Chat functionality on our corporate website. This was the strongest selling point when they released the service and still is the main reason we use it. It also functions as a lightweight CRM and has many lead generation tools.
Christopher Maselli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is used by my company both on my services website, on a web hosting website. Anytime we create a new venture, we include the Gist messenger bot as well as connect its email hosting throughout all forms. It connects easily with Elementor, WordPress, and other online services through Zapier.

[Gist] takes some getting used to setting up and using the product. But that's to be expected from such a feature-rich software.

It's hard finding a single software that can do as much as Gist goes. Usually, you have to use multiple software.

Austin Dwight | TrustRadius Reviewer
We launched a SAAS product numki.com and using Gist to help automate marketing and follow up to trial users of the platform to try and convert them into paying customers. We are also using the live chat feature to engage with potential customers and also as a support chat for existing customers. For leads that desire a service-based approach, we are using the booking feature to set appointments to educate people on the advantages of our platform.
Alvaro Asprilla | TrustRadius Reviewer
For us it's both a handy tool to be in touch with leads and customers and essential tool to broaden support channels. Our customers can now find us more easily. And it is great for both the customer service team and the support team. We like how easy it is to integrate with WordPress.
Kejda Gjermani | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Gist as a live chat, chat bot solution, unified inbox to handle inquiries through social media, lead generation tool, and email marketing and lead segmentation tool. Users can interact with my brand from my website to get any presale questions answered. I also track their interaction via my site from Gist and can send them targeted email marketing if they meet certain criteria and set off corresponding triggers.
The flexibility of sending automated emails and broadcast HTML emails that look great. They are always looking to develop the product. They have a ton of features including Automation Workflows, Email alerts, and importantly are GDPR compliant. They listen to their community and provide video training and a knowledge base. They do Time Zone Sending which is useful as I send to people outside my timezone. You can copy-paste images directly into your emails. The tags can be automated to alert when someone abandons a page or shopping cart. email count time timers, API integration, and did I mention the excellent form builder? The price is very reasonable for all the love, care and attention to development the Gist team put in. I use it across the whole company.
We are using Gist as our live chat software for our website. Gist has solved our problem of not having a customer support feature to engage site visitors. With the chat features of Gist, it's a perfect solution for our website needs. Highly recommend this tool for all businesses out there!
I have been with Gist since the days when it was called Convertfox. I use it on all my sites to communicate with potential as well as existing clients. Prior to this, I had used Intercom, Drift, and etc. I am so happy I have finally found a solution which is both high-quality and cost-efficient!! I am now able to stay in touch with everyone easily. I also use the service to send out a weekly newsletter to my community & engage in other promotional email campaigns.
We use Gist as our unified customer contact system. Customers can use integrated Gist chat in our app for immediate contact both before and after purchase. We use the strong email automation to drive our onboarding of customers and for ongoing customer engagement.
Daniele Renda | TrustRadius Reviewer
8 powerful tools to increase my business. Gist is the perfect tool to handle automation: marketing, support, knowledge base, forms, bots, tracking and much more. Your perfect ally!
We use Gist for customer support, integrated in our SaaS application. Furthermore we use GIST API to create many marketing automations based on customers' behaviours. That's great!
Gist is being used as our main support, marketing, and sales tool. The all-in-one platform allows us to provide a holistic approach to our customers. It is very important for us to have a macro view of everything that is going on in our business as much as at the micro-level. With Gist we can see where we need to focus in terms of handling customer support cases and also sales opportunities.
Donald Chan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're currently using Gist for email marketing and automation in our organisation. It's used by myself and the marketing team. We found the software to be easy to use and intuitive, and are pleased with the overall experience so far. The main problem it addresses for us is staying in touch with clients and prospects through email and chat.
February 25, 2020

A fine contender

Michael Kwan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Gist last year to manage my email newsletter program, and also tested it for live chat. Ultimately, I decided not to offer live chat at that point in time so we dropped Gist for the time being and switched to another program for email marketing. On the whole, I feel Gist is quite a good product for basic CRM, EDM, and live chat. It lacks the bells and whistles in mature products like HubSpot, but it also costs a fraction of the price so it's worth a try for small companies just starting out.
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Gist as part of our marketing and customer support software stack. We currently use it for live chat as well as a knowledgeable for customer support as well as some of the marketing automation services for new leads coming into our marketing funnel. Gist has helped us to consolidate several of the services we use and has streamlined our support and lead gen process. We used to have separate live chat and support tools which made it difficult to centralize information, Gist has allowed us to communicate via several different channels and keep the information streamlined across all of them.
Viktor Beall | TrustRadius Reviewer
For someone that needs user-friendly email automation for website visitors, especially if your website is built on WordPress, it works very well. Their simple and straight forward interface is critical for beginners and experts alike. However, do note like with any platform, that there is a learning curve, especially with some of the targeting features. We use the platform for website interactions on our website and it takes care of everything from emailing, collecting emails, chat, and tracking.
Patrick Black, MAS | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Gist to help guide our customers through the registration process and ultimately through the purchase process to answer questions along the way and make the process very easy. The easier we make the process for our customers, the better experience they have which leads to long-term and loyal customers. We also use Gist for product education to send prospects relative and timely emails with more details about products of interest that are triggered based upon their behavior.