Reviews (1-2 of 2)
At my company we utilize Global Shop Solutions to manage day-to-day business activities such as accounting, inventory, shipping, order placement and management, and sales. It is used by the whole organization. It helps manage the business for us in one system as opposed to using several different systems for managing our day-to-day needs.
- The CRM has really advanced and allows us to track the efforts of our sales staff, as well as identify trends. We are heavily using this system to track our sales team's progress and utilize the events, opportunities and to-do tasks as well as identifying the customer history all in one spot.
- Supply and Demand section is used by pretty much everyone. This allows us to identify what is on-hand and the history of the parts' use. It is easy to follow and make changes.
- Order Entry allows us to track all orders in an easy fashion. This is very straightforward and simple to use.
- The layout is dated and hard to navigate at times. You need to go into different sections to access functions of the system, which can be confusing - this is one of the largest frustrations we face because we need to search for sections that are not commonly used.
- Updates seem to cause issues with the overall system and it takes several attempts with customer service to get issues resolved. We are behind in our updates because of this. Each update push causes us to shut down because sections then don't work correctly due to patches needing support to completely update them. We were unable to access customer transactions for a good part of the day because of the last update.
- Errors happen more often than not. We have random errors pop up that cause us to have to close out the system in its entirety, losing any work we have done. We need to restart the system and hope other errors don't populate before we can move forward. Calling customer support is not helpful with this, we are told that these errors happen sometimes. There is not a fix.
- Part/Router numbers randomly disappear. The Router/Part number will need to be rebuilt before we can move forward. It's frustrating. Again, customer support can not tell us the root cause of the issue.
- Help section of Global Shop Solutions is not helpful - it has a lot of technical jargon and at times is not easily understood. There are many sections that look to be more IT-based than user-based. Also, there are out of date sections so you might not be able to find what you are looking for. Training modules available for an extra cost.
Read this authenticated review
We need an all-in-one ERP system, and it suits basic needs. If you are looking to utilize reporting or utilize the CRM you will have to learn to format the information you are able to pull to make it manageable and easier to read. This ERP uses a Crystal Reports system that needs to be converted into Excel or another software program to sort and identify anything. There are a lot of advantages and I am sure the issues we are having are because of how our staff is using this system or has set up this system for our needs.
It is being used by one store location because it is our only manufacturing facility and the other software we are required is not useful for a manufacturing business.
Because we use multiple systems, I do have to manually transfer the account balances to our main software at month end which reduces the amount of detail available in one system.
- We have recently upgraded to the latest version and it moves pretty quick going from screen to screen.
- It is able to capture labor dollars per work order as well as materials to each job well.
- You can track the flow of materials pretty easily.
- You are unable to match a debit and a credit on a customer or vendor account to remove it from the open ledger.
- Reports (and some processes) tend to change with little notification.
- Many of the company options are not "common sense." What you think they would mean, actually do something very different. This makes it difficult to get your settings correct without ample research and testing.
Read this authenticated review
Global Shop would work well for a manufacturing business or a simple stream-lined retail business.
Global Shop Solutions One-System ERP Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Global Shop Solutions One-System ERP
Global Shop Solutions ERP software is primarily focused on providing an ERP solution for manufacturing companies.
Categories: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)