Reviews (1-25 of 26)
- Easy to schedule meetings, webinar, and video conferencing around with other global offices. Normally we do team meeting and webinar to discuss about on-going projects and share presentation output.
- GlobalMeet sends detailed report at the end of each meeting and the report can be used as reference for the minutes of meeting in future.
- Features such as enabling recording and screen sharing enables easy for walk through presentation slides during the meeting.
- Often times the speaker would not functions. I need exit the meeting and enter the meeting again.
- Sometimes it is hard to mute the speaker as this will disable the voice from other user as well.
- Sometimes the system hangs especially when dealing with overseas clients and team meeting.
Global Meet hangs quite often recently during webinar and video conferencing. Sometimes the microphone of the other speaker will be inaudible. Need to exit and return to the meeting again.
- Good quality audio.
- Majority of toll-free global numbers available.
- Sometimes calls disconnect.
- Seamless integration with the web.
- Audio/web conference recordings should be easier to do and more automatic - Very non-user friendly in an era where recordings are always needed.
- Great for sharing content online
- Options to connect via online or through cellphone. The call me feature is great.
- Ease of use. Very easy to use and to share.
- It would be nice to have a gallery of recorded calls.
- It would be nice to get a notice if the software needs to be updated. Getting a notice 5 minutes before a call that software needs to be updated is very frustrating.
- Maybe a notification for when chats are happening.
Allows for everyone to be on the same page.
Not so great for face to face meetings.
In my department, we use it to facilitate meetings that review the EMR build and workflow use. The screenshare feature is an important component of GlobalMeet to help ensure clarity during discussions and decisions. I use it 2-3 times a day running a meeting. My meetings have anywhere from 5-60 attendees.
My team additionally leverages it to hold educational webinars. Those also range in attendance, anywhere from 5-35 attendees, but are run multiple times a day.
- With the updated version, it makes it easy for anyone to screen share during very helpful meetings. This is because a lot of my attendees are clinicians and not very familiar with global meet and they would get confused when you tried to promote them
- The connect me feature is also a favorite of mine. I never manually dial in, I always have the meeting call me.
- At one point, I was having major issues with the screenshare feature, to the point it was dropping 3-4 times a meeting. This was very challenging as the meetings had around 60 attendees. One of GlobalMeet's technicians worked with me and my technical department to get it working quickly. After that I no longer had any issues.
- Right now, the main thing I would like to see is the message playing after connecting via phone be turned off or tell me how to turn it off.
- Remove the option for the computer to call into the meeting. This always leads to challenges with sound during the meeting. People who do not readily join these meetings often choose this option.
- no other recommendations, their recent upgrade dramatically improved the tool for me.
- GlobalMeet Collaboration is cheap.
- The screen share recordings are always high quality and ready quickly in an easy to use format.
- Customer support is very quick to declare a problem resolved.
- Customer Support needs to actually resolve issues before declaring them resolved and ignoring them if they even acknowledge your request for support.
- Multiple times customer support's solution has been to have over 100 people on a nationwide call disconnect from the call and log back in. This is neither practical nor acceptable in the middle of a call.
- Screen share randomly stops sharing for no reason and there is no way to know this unless someone on the other end says something. Everything on the presenter's screen shows as the share is continuing.
- With the most recent upgrade, several key pieces of functionality were removed so a new, non-user friendly interface could be added. No longer are presenters allowed to share documents via GlobalMeet. Also no longer are presenters allowed to poll the audience. These are key pieces of functionality that were available in the previous version and are available in just about all of the competition. When asked about it support said they would try to bring it back in a future release, but isn't the new design pretty.
- Had a local call-in number for people in different cities in MX. Unfortunately 1/2 of the time those numbers never worked.
- When we started out with them we had a pay per use service that allowed us to work it into our budget as a smaller growing company. But they have since dropped that plan.
- Expensive options compared to other products in the market.
- They try to hide renewal options in a link that is not even part of the contract. Do not have cancellation terms without paying out the contract in full.
- Better customer service as I never received return calls when issues arose.
- When connecting through Internet Explorer, the product works really well and is easy to connect.
- Transferring presenter permissions is very easy through Internet Explorer.
- The desktop version is terrible. It disconnects frequently, and it is hard to make someone else the presenter.
- When Sharing your screen when the meeting is online, the screen capture of your shared screen on your end is too small to read.
- Easy to change the conference codes if someone leaves the company.
- Host features for muting, unmuting, etc. are easy to use and work without flaw.
- As the administrator, I get a lot of calls when there are issues with the system. However, it's mostly user error when we dig into it. That being said, I can't think of anything for improvement.
- Something that GlobalMeet does well is distributing a meeting to users. The system integrates well with our Outlook system and allows easy meeting distributions.
- GlobalMeet is good at providing an easy way to record web meetings. The feature works well and is easy to download after.
- GlobalMeet as a system seems to be lacking in a few areas. Particularly, I wish there was a better way to track meeting attendees. There is an email that goes out after the meeting of the attendees, but often this list is incomplete, or is not an accurate reflection of the attendees.
- GlobalMeet often does not work when we need it to. Even though I have the app installed on my computer, whenever I try to pull up a meeting it works only half the time. Other times it will go straight to the web version even though I have the app.
- GlobalMeet is not very user-friendly. It is clunky, and does not make the life of the presenter or "host" easier.
- I like the screen sharing features.
- I like the audio features such as muting and recording options.
- Integration with Outlook to create calendar appointments and add additional people to the meeting.
- Sometimes there is a lag when I'm presenting in a meeting. I have also experienced lags when sharing my screen.
- As far as I know, this isn't available on mobile devices.
- Sometimes the quality is bad and we have had people who were unable to join or were not able to hear other participants.
- Easy to use system for business conference calls
- Recording feature useful to playback information from the meeting
- Accessibility of domestic and international call in numbers make it possible for participants to call in no matter where they are traveling or located.
- Recording available for 90 days
- Easy to use - just dial-in with your 800 number, enter a passcode or host-code and you are connected to your conference call.
- Easy way of recording the conference call.
- We like the email confirmation that includes the participants and the number of minutes they were connected that is sent at the end of a conference call.
- The web interface could be easier to navigate.
- Showing who is talking. This takes away any confusion you may have and prevents users to have to ask who is talking and when.
- Mobile application. So simple to use and easy to go from mobile to web. I don't think I've ever seen another application that do that. This is a strength because it allows me to have a little more flexibility with my meetings.
- Sharing documents. You can upload your file online and access it from anywhere at anytime. I am no longer having to remember to bring a flash drive with me to every meeting or email the document to the administrative assistant.
- Joining the meeting. Oh I can't say enough about this. When joining the meeting is a hassle, it doesn't make people too fond of coming in the first place. GlobalMeet has made it so easy by just calling you directly. Seriously, another one of my favorite feature. People are more on time and less frustrated.
- Sometimes, I felt that the quizzes/polls froze on me and that definitely made it easier to keep the flow of the meeting as sometimes I've had to restart completely. I haven't used these features in a while and there has been several updates since then so that may be better now.
Less Appropriate: I wouldn't recommend using GlobalMeet for interviews or anything that would require face-to-face connections. While they do offer a nice camera feature, for me it's just not a strength and wouldn't be as good for job interviews or more of that one-on-one setting.
- the connect-me function is outstanding! I never have to dial into a conference call.
- It works as soon as it loads. As the company standard, we're not waiting to download plugins or anything else in order to get going.
- The share a file option is great for collaboration
- The option to take over screen sharing is kind of slow. That could be a bit quicker
- The whiteboard could be a little nicer. Reminds me of Paint on old computers.
- I wish it were easier to gather your recorded meetings. I don't like having to login and wait for a download.
- It is easy to upload files and share immediately.
- The ability to record meetings and have them available for everyone to review quickly.
- Being able to promote participants so that they can control presentations with the shared screen option.
- Connection issues at times
- I would like to be able to get some sort of reports at the end of the call maybe showing attendance
- GlobalMeet is a great way for sharing screens when you are not able to meet in person.
- GlobalMeet has a chat system so that questions can be answered while you are in the meeting.
- When lots of people are on GlobalMeet is tends to disconnect or people have a hard time getting on.
- Sometimes when you are not on a hardwire internet source, the participant has a hard time connecting.
- GlobalMeet is great at being able to have a meeting which everyone can attend since we all work outside of an office around the country.
- This tool also is very useful since you can share your screen to let everyone see a presentation or how to do something etc.
- There is also a chat option on the left hand side of the screen which is very useful to ask questions during a meeting or presentation.
- Easily able to upload files and share.
- Able to record meetings and have them available for review quickly.
- Able to promote participants so that they can control presentations.
- Dropping participants when a large number of people hop on.
- Dropping participants who are not connected via hard wire.
- Integration with Outlook.
- Option for either web conference or audio only.
- Call in options make connecting easy from any device.
- Mobile app functionality.
- Have had issues with losing connection.
- Connecting via computer causes bad echo or issues with microphone.
- Sharing documents isn't straight forward and requires download of software which is inconvenient for those who do not use GlobalMeet as the primary conferencing source.
For the sales field, they don't have to worry about downloading software when they join. They simply click on the link provided to them and they join the meeting quickly. For me as a host, I love the toolbar with Outlook. I can easily set up meetings and can join a meeting in seconds. The meeting calls me and provides me detailed information as to who is on the call with me. I am able to quickly mute, record or end a meeting with a simple click of a button. My goal is to get the sale field to start using the GlobalMeet app on their smartphones or tablets. I just know they'll be amazed at the simplicity of using it!
- Outlook toolbar... manage your account, create meetings, join meetings. All can be done simply and quickly within the toolbar.
- Reports - after call reports can be downloaded providing detailed information of those attending and duration of attendance.
- Fantastic support... whether you're in the middle of a call, or any other time. They are available by chat or direct call and provide quick and efficient support.
- Reporting - I would like to have the capability of getting the attendance from my calls immediately. This way I can respond to them with follow-up information if needed.
- Noisy callers during a call - Even though GlobalMeet highlights the person talking, or in some cases making background noise, I wish there was a better way sometimes to find out who that was. The majority of the time I have at least 50 callers calling in to a training call. And in the case where someone's phone is making unnecessary noise, I would like to be able to manually mute them. However, sometimes, the noise doesn't last long enough for me to scroll through the list of names/numbers to determine who it was.
- Versatile software for Macs and PCs
- Has the ability to start a meeting in seconds
- Easy to learn tool for individuals of all experience levels
- Globalmeet isn't as robust as some of the larger digital conference platforms but that's not necessarily a bad thing
- Some features like drawing on the presentation aren't are smooth as some of the competitors
- I'd like to see GlobalMeet do something different instead of being "WebEx-Lite"
- Consistent dial-in and conference lines instead of these changing for each call you set up. Consistency makes the information easy to remember and quick to add to meeting invites.
- Post-conference recap emails help you collect data on who attended, how long they were dialed-in, and their phone # in case you need to reach out to them again for follow-up.
- Audio quality is excellent. We've never experienced connection issues or dropped calls like we have with other vendors.
- There are a lot of shortcuts that can be used on the line to mute/unmute lines, record the audio, request operator assistance, etc. However, these are difficult to memorize so we end up forgetting or relying on a print-out of the shortcuts that we keep near our desks. I wish there was an easier way to use these such as voice commands.
- In the post-conference email recaps you get the phone numbers of those who dialed in. However, it can be difficult to know who these numbers belong to unless you remember the direct #s for the participants. I wish there was a way to save contact info for certain phone numbers within the system and let GlobalMeet add the names to the numbers for all future post-conference emails.
GlobalMeet Collaboration Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About GlobalMeet Collaboration
GlobalMeet Collaboration is an audio, web and video conferencing solution that is designed to make global communication easy from anywhere using any device.
According to the vendor, GlobalMeet Collaboration delivers a superior meeting experience with support for one-on-one meetings, team check-ins and much more. Additionally, the vendor says their expansive audio network ensures a reliable, HD audio experience. Video conferencing capabilities allow you to connect with people face to face anywhere in the world. Join a web meeting to easily share your screen and content.
According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:
- Unlimited Meetings for up to 125 Participants
- HD Video
- Screen Share
- Local Dial-in Access
- Meeting Controls
- Desktop Integrations
- 24/7 Multi-Lingual Support
- Global Audio Network
- Cloud Recording Storage
GlobalMeet Collaboration Screenshots
GlobalMeet Collaboration Videos (2)
GlobalMeet Collaboration Downloadables
GlobalMeet Collaboration Competitors
Visit our website at https://www.pgi.com/plans-pricing/ for further pricing information.
GlobalMeet Collaboration Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
GlobalMeet Collaboration Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||North America, EMEA, APAC|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, German, Dutch|