GoDaddy Reviews

page V | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 10, 2020

GoDaddy: Great for small businesses; Larger ones - Just use their domain / hosting / email.

GoDaddy offers a full range of digital business services from domain purchase and management through their small business suite - website hosting, website building (WYSIWYG/drag and drop website builder), email marketing/newsletters, google listing management and more. We use GoDaddy to purchase our domains, manage them, and to purchase and manage our email services for our employees.
  • Technical support
  • Small Business solutions
  • Pricing for domains
  • Data Tracking - Facebook/Instagram compatible websites (for running conversion campaigns).
GoDaddy is a good solution for:
  • first-time, non-techy, local service business owner (not eCom) to manage their business all in one place (looking to build their website, send emails, manage their listings and web presence all in one place
    • The user dashboard for their small business suite is pretty user-friendly. Someone could probably build their site in about three hours.
    • A decent place to keep all business solutions in one easy place and have someone to help them troubleshoot with support.
  • More technically savvy business owners - any field
    • Buy and manage their domains all in one place
    • Get technical support for issues (ex: troubleshooting with CNAME and ANAME records) when redirecting traffic to new pages
    • Buy domains in bulk
I would not recommend GoDaddy's website builder:
  • For eCommerce - the tracking and capabilities are better on Shopify. There are drag and drop themes just the same as with GoDaddy.
  • For people who love to tweak - There are limitations on the WYSIWYG editor.
  • For people who are running a lot of Facebook ad campaigns / socially driven campaigns - It's harder to track conversions and give Facebook the information it needs to prove purchases (any field). We've driven traffic and proved $45k in sales from some of the campaigns that we've done. We had to do it in a roundabout way.
Read page V's full review
June Burchfield - LION | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 29, 2020

Good value for money.

Use GoDaddy for myself and two clients. Have used Website Builder (current and classic) along with Financial App and GoDaddy Pro. Makes it easy to create websites and edit/update. Pro makes it easier to manage clients I assist. Used Financial App for about a year. It was simple and cheap, just not very robust.
  • Website builder is easy to use and has a lot of features.
  • Website builders is easy to make edits with quickly and publishes almost instantly for updates.
  • Customer service is pretty good. Responded quickly any time I had a challenge.
  • Pro makes it easier to assist clients without having to log in as them. Also allows me to upgrade/make changes to packages if needed.
  • Website builder does have restraints on fonts, colors, layouts. Sometimes you have to get creative to make things work.
  • Banners can be tricky on Website builder as there are background requirements that aren't shown that can add a lot of blank space to your photos/artwork.
GoDaddy is great for entrepreneurs specifically in my opinion. It's cost-effective, has good customer service, and is pretty easy to use. It also works with several platforms well. Many of my clients needed help building a website they could manage and GoDaddy [is] definitely good for that. There are restrictions on fonts, colors, and layouts. Sometimes you have to get creative to make something [work] but sometimes you just have to give up and work around a certain desired color or layout.
Read June Burchfield - LION's full review
Carter Durham | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

An adequate place for web hosting

We use GoDaddy to host our corporate website(s). It's used by a few select people to that end. We have two websites specifically—our main one, and then a Spanish language version because we do a lot of business in Latin America. We use GoDaddy to build, host, maintain, etc both of those sites.
  • The UI is nice.
  • The site editing tools are good.
  • I've had login issues repeatedly.
  • Not a huge fan of certain aspects of billing.
It's generally well known and so you can trust it to get the job done, but there are a few areas where I've been frustrated and feel compelled to contemplate alternatives.
Read Carter Durham's full review
Meredith Brough | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 30, 2019

GoDaddy fools professionals! Everyone always thinks that I hired someone to create my website.

My website is the window into my business. It is an incredibly important tool for my clients to learn about me, my services, and find out why I am the best fit for them!
  • Low cost.
  • Easy to use.
  • Looks great.
  • Lots of features and add-ons.
  • Great customer service.
  • I would like to see a little more versatility on the web pages. I am kind of limited at times. Customized features would be nice.
GoDaddy is well suited to any small business! It’s amazing to be able to design and manage my own website since I do not know how to do anything technological. It’s convenient to update, change or add anything on my phone or the computer. I don’t think that someone who has or can afford a web site designer needs the GoDaddy web builder.
Read Meredith Brough's full review
February 27, 2020

Come Daddy

The whole organization is dependent on GoDaddy hosting - not everyone accesses the admin panel, but we need it to be functional, so we can work on the WordPress sites, the backbone of our organization.
The cost-value ratio of GoDaddy seemed to be the best at the time we chose it and it still is a strong competitor. We need hosting, so it's a must.
  • Cost is very favorable.
  • Easy to use.
  • A lot of undefined (HTML 500) errors occur.
  • Some intermediate level WordPress plugins can wreck an entire site.
If asked by a colleague whether I would recommend GoDaddy, I would probably ask them if they had a better recommendation. It works and is very good when you want to start out - they are big, they are easy to access, and it is generally a good idea to start out with GoDaddy, but at the moment, we could probably use a more personalized approach, that fits individual needs of a company.
January 17, 2020

A great all in one solution to all your web presence needs.

GoDaddy is probably one of the best places to go to if you want to get started on building a web presence. I like how it's basically an all in one solution that let me get all the pieces in place to set up a website. I could get a domain, set up hosting, set up emails and everything else all from one single place. So a big upside of using Godaddy is that is you can get everything you need at once and get up and running really fast. The downside is some of the components of setting up your web presence can probably be acquired for cheaper (or for free in some cases) if you are willing to look around. I still like and would definitely recommend GoDaddy though, their customer service was exceptional. I have used their service to set up two different websites (along with hosting, mail etc) and it has always been really simple and painless.
  • It can take care of almost all of your web hosting needs in one single place. Which means you don't have to bounce around to get support from different places for different things.
  • Their customer service is really good. Their response time was excellent and the people I get through to on the other hand are very helpful and knowledgeable.
  • Their user interface is really simple to use.
  • I feel like their pricing could be more competitive. A lot of add-ons they offer can be had for cheaper (or free) in other places.
It is really great if you are looking to get a website up and running quickly. Also its great that you can get all the components in one place. What that means is if you are a bit of a novice at things you don't have to chase down different companies for support related queries. All your problems can be solved by one dedicated (and really good) support team.
December 20, 2019

GoDaddy: quick, easy and affordable. Rich suite of offerings and options.

We're currently using GoDaddy for managing some of our domains, in addition to hosting our Wordpress websites. For these hosted sites, we also purchase our SSL certificates and manage them on GoDaddy. It's a cost-competitive and easy to use solution for these needs. We've also found the support excellent as well.
  • Competitive and easy domain purchase and management service.
  • Easy and affordable web hosting, security, website building tools, etc.
  • The website builder can be more powerful. Some competitors may be overtaking them in that regard.
  • I did not find the Wordpress set-up the most straightforward.
GoDaddy is straightforward to use and quite price competitive. It is easy to set yourself up quickly with a domain, build a site, get security, and manage the whole affair. The customer service is out to delight you. They've always been very dependable and responsive. We use it for our Wordpress site hosting. But for our cloud hosting needs (for our cloud-based applications), we use another provider; that is not GoDaddy's space.
Kiara Elder | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Well it works...kinda

We use GoDaddy as the launch platform for our book and CD sells. We also use to gain donations and sell concert tickets. It is an easy platform for the consumer to use, though very lacking in its ease of use for us on the back end.
  • Easy for the end-user
  • Pays accurately and on time
  • Ease to collect funds
  • Hard to get signed in (hitting sign-in three times in three different places).
  • Difficult to get to the cart to print orders.
  • Has a tendency to be down on the back end at least once a month.
This is great for the consumer. Easy to use, simple to check out, but difficult and time consuming from the back end. It takes a while to get signed in. Takes a while to collect the funds once you hit capture payment. A lot of clicking back and forth to get to what you need. There newest upgrades have a moderate learning curve.
Read Kiara Elder's full review
Ray Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 28, 2019

User Friendly, Bargain Hosting and DNS control company had been found!

Being a GoDaddy Pro, I am able to gain access to users' accounts and have full control over their hosting plans and domains (obviously granted access by same). This access allows me to get and prepare all the needed information to get serious work done through development. Normally, inexperienced users are not quite sure what developers are talking about, so the "Delegate Access" control that GoDaddy provides its users, is very helpful for me.
  • Delegation of Account Access: full control over hosting and DNS
  • cPanel access for FTP/One-Click installs ( php scripts )
  • WordPress Staging setup and URL, with temp URL for pre-launch
  • GoDaddy does not have their own cache system, but could likely do a lot better in this area
  • They could also use some further support in CDN for images and storage
  • There is no access to full backend unless you upgrade to VPS
If you are looking for shared hosting, limited bandwidth and less access to the compute system, then GoDaddy is the right host for you. However, the price increases quite a bit after the first year, and they often lock you for two to three years. Domain registration is on the money though! So, if you are looking for a quality registrar and know what you are doing around DNS, GoDaddy is the perfect fit!
Read Ray Flores's full review
October 03, 2019

Clear, crisp, simple way to get online!

We use GoDaddy for making purchases of domains for various websites of our company. We also use its email server for hosting our email account. It helps us in managing our entire list of domains, which ones to renew, and which ones are about to expire. It also helps us in pointing our DNS to various servers where our websites are hosted.
  • Availability of domains
  • Management of DNS
  • Their customer support is great
  • The self-help kits are also quite exhaustive
  • Login Process. Why do we have to have 2 different logins? Just merge them, there is no need for customer ID/number and pin.
  • When buying new domains, if a specific domain is not available, it could offer name suggestion tools along with some logo options so that our job becomes easier.
  • The self-help kits could be more video tutorials, and please update them regularly!
GoDaddy is best positioned for domain name purchases.
Kirsten Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2018

Great, but could be better

We use GoDaddy as our website management as well as our email platform. Everyone in the company uses the email function, as we all have our own individual or department emails with the company name at the end. This is what I have the most experience with. The company website is also managed and run through GoDaddy's platform which helps us provide information to our customers.
  • Customer service has great hours of availability. When things go wrong, and they will, it is nice to have the ability to get in touch with someone.
  • Wide variety of services. GoDaddy can be a one stop shop if you are looking for marketing and email services. They offer more than just domains and email platforms.
  • Once set up, very easy to use.
  • Customer service is lacking. One agent will tell you one thing and you will call back and get a completely different answer.
  • Beware of upgrades. They did a huge system update a couple years ago and everything didn't switch exactly as it was supposed to.
  • The packages can be a bit confusing.
GoDaddy, in my experience, is very good for email platforms with a custom domain name. They use the Microsoft 365 platform for handling emails, which is nice, especially if you already use Outlook. It is also good for those inexperienced in website building. Their website builder is very easy to use, but doesn't offer too much if you are looking to do something completely custom.
Read Kirsten Rodriguez's full review
Ruby Javaid | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2019

Go to GoDaddy for basic service

GoDaddy is used by some of my clients to either purchase domain names or web hosting. Some have also chosen to utilize GoDaddy's email services as well when they want something a little bit more professional than Gmail. Overall, GoDaddy gets the job done—for those using the company for all of their services, everything is in one place, which is nice.
  • Customer service is pretty quick and can usually resolve any issues that crop up.
  • Web domain registration is quick and easy, so is searching for a domain to purchase.
  • Relatively low cost for most of its services.
  • The dashboard for domains is clunky and dated looking. Some of it is hard to navigate through and find what you're looking for. Definitely takes a learning curve and might be complicated for those that are not familiar or particularly tech-savvy.
  • Free private registration is not offered with domain purchases like it is with other companies I have purchased domains from. Privacy is important, especially as a WHOIS search will give you the registrar's home address, phone number, and email. I'd rather not have that info out there, for myself or clients.
  • Hosting services can be hit or miss. I've had clients get hacked on their servers whereas I haven't had that happen with other companies I've used. So perhaps they are less secure than others.
If you just need to purchase a domain and don't care about private registration and want to use a company that is well known like GoDaddy, then GoDaddy is a good place to start. Some of the email services seem decent too and my clients have not had any complaints about those. Hosting seems less secure so maybe I would veer away from that.
Read Ruby Javaid's full review
Heather McNulty | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 21, 2019

You go GoDaddy!

I (the marketing department) use GoDaddy to host two websites for our company and our sister company. We use it for hosting, website building and SSL Certs. It is great for small companies who don't have time to deal with all the moving parts of a website and just want a professional site.
  • Keeping your information organized and at your fingertips
  • The website builder and templates are clean and professional
  • Upkeep made easy! I can sign in, change something, hit publish, then it's live!
  • I wish they had a few more options for plug-ins (timelines, carousels, etc.).
  • More connecting with CRM systems would be nice as well.
I believe GoDaddy is great for hosting any sites, but the website builder should probably only be used for hosting small to medium-sized businesses. It is also smart to have all your website needs based on GoDaddy rather than trying to manage who is holding the rights to your site, in my opinion.
Read Heather McNulty's full review
Elise Woodard | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 28, 2018

Give GoDaddy a Go!

I am currently using GoDaddy for a non-profit's website. I was able to completely re-do the non-profit's website using GoDaddy, taking the site from something boring and outdated to an amazing easy to use site. The new site has received lots of positive feedback from the foundation's donors. The site keeps the public and donors informed about what the foundation is doing in the community. Users can also make donations to the foundation through the site, and buy tickets to the foundation's events. The site was very easy to create, and making edits is a breeze.
  • Their customer service is outstanding.
  • The website builder is very simple to use.
  • The stock images included with the website builder are professional and beautiful.
  • Social media integration is easy.
  • The pricing is higher than many other web design platforms.
  • The emails are very expensive, in my opinion.
  • I would like the ability to customize colors and fonts on the website.
I would say that GoDaddy is suitable for anyone creating a website. If you are looking to do a blog, without a website, you may opt for a free or less expensive blog host.
Read Elise Woodard's full review
Anthoney Whyte | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 28, 2018

Awesome Domain Names by GoDaddy

GoDaddy is used as the core name service provider for domain names purchased by my company. We also use some additional services such as Dedicated IP and Mail Add-on. We use it for web development and hosting.
  • A very interactive control panel
  • Easy domain name transfer
  • A warm and highly trained customer support team
  • Enabling SSL through Let's Encrypt
They provide a reasonable price for domain name and the domain name search utility provides a wide range of options if the desired domain is unavailable. Reseller cost of domain names are really expensive.
Read Anthoney Whyte's full review
Tim Vahsholtz | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 26, 2018

GoDaddy Hosting gives you nearly 100% uptime and Peace of Mind

GoDaddy is our "go to" hosting provider for our clients, as well as our own business sites. The up time is terrific, (I'd argue close to 99%), and the support is terrific as well. Website setup is easy (quite a bit easier over the last year, versus 8 years ago) when it comes to WordPress website initiation. When our clients have email account needs, or SSL certificate needs, we can always call GoDaddy support to help us quickly set up those accounts. Once or twice over the last eight years, we have had a malware situation on our hands, and GoDaddy again was able to work with us to quickly assess the issue and offer a quick solution. I even have my specific GoDaddy specialist I can call when I need specific help.
  • Near 100% up time.
  • 24 hour customer support.
  • Great deals on hosting and domains (especially for new clients).
  • Full range of services, including hosting, domains, email, SSL, Outlook, Microsoft.
  • The dashboard, revised for simplicity, is hard to navigate for folks like us that need to easily find DNS settings and be able to change specific aspects of hosting and domains.
  • GoDaddy sends out emails to my clients telling them they are using up all the allotted memory for the site and suggests they up the hosting package. I am not sure this is true, as my client sites generally do not have considerable amounts of web traffic.
  • I'd like to see a tier of GoDaddy representatives that are for professional questions and problems.
Overall, GoDaddy is great. Every time I have a client that is on another hosting provider, we have nothing but trouble. I know that if we have any issues, GoDaddy will take care of them. Sometimes it will take talking to more than one person, but once the issues are solved, we are good. And, the uptime is really close to 100%.
Read Tim Vahsholtz's full review
Erin Ruoff | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2018

Don't Go to "New & Shiny" Host Site, Stick with GoDaddy

We use GoDaddy.com for our hosting and to buy domains for our personal business and for all of our clients too. It is used across the whole organization. We need a host and domain search we can trust, and GoDaddy does just that. They are a trusted company to buy domains and add hosting.
  • Hosting - trusted and great customer service.
  • Domain search
  • Domain purchasing
  • Web Security - sometimes hackers can get through and they are a little late alerting us. Besides that, they're great!
  • Long customer service wait times on occasion.
If you need to buy a domain then GoDaddy is the only option. Hosting is the same. We've had clients go to "new & shiny" hosting sites with reviews from affiliates but they are awful. Stick with a good, solid company like GoDaddy for hosting and to purchase your domain.
Read Erin Ruoff's full review
Renea Hanks | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 17, 2018

Always In The Winner's Circle With GoDaddy

We use GoDaddy as registrar for many companies which I have consulted. They are my choice as far as registering a domain.
It is super easy for the novice. I like to use GoDaddy because they are fast, easy to implement, and when passed along to my client,
easy to work with support. Their support is unparalleled.
  • Support. Their customer support staff members are easy to understand and to communicate with. They are helpful and very knowledgeable with their platform. If they cannot handle your call directly, they do not waste your time. They will pass the call to someone who can handle it.
  • Efficient. Everything is right there and easy to understand. Once again, you don't have to waste time to navigate through their platform.
  • Helpfulness. They know what the customer needs and they deliver on their needs.
  • Up-selling. I would like to see a more clean interface when purchasing. Even with someone who has used GoDaddy for 15 years, at times, I have to watch closely so I make sure I am only getting what is needed at the time.
  • Marketing. I would like to see more marketing done in my email not when I am purchasing.
  • Make decision making easier. For the novice, I can see where they would easily buy a bunch of things they don't even know how to use.
GoDaddy is very well suited for:

1. Registering a domain.
  2. First time business owners.
  3. Someone with little to no knowledge of online business/presence
  4. People looking to save money
  5. People with small budgets
  6. People that need cheap hosting and cannot afford to do it alone.
GoDaddy is not well suited for people that have a problem saying no or think they should purchase everything they are offered.
Read Renea Hanks's full review
Swati Nagda | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 29, 2018

Affordable and reliable! We can confidently recommend Godaddy!

It is used for my eCommerce website domain and hosting.
  • Product price
  • Security
  • Customer support
  • Earlier it was for customer support but they have improved now
Godaddy is an affordable and reliable source for domains and website hosting. Their customer support was weak earlier but now they are pretty good in customer support. They have good price and website building options. All of their products are strongly secured, and they update buyers whenever attention is required. We can confidently recommend Godaddy.
Read Swati Nagda's full review
Nikkii Kashub | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 09, 2018

Stay away from GoDaddy!

We used GoDaddy as our primary website provider. It was used as our primary platform to reach out to all of our customers, bring in new customers, and educate people about our services.
  • GoDaddy offers name brand awareness
  • GoDaddy is difficult to use.
  • Does not look professional.
  • Customer services is lacking and very expensive.
  • It was very difficult to make simple changes on my own and I have a background in HTML.
I would never use GoDaddy again. It felt as if they were purposely making their product difficult to use so that people would call into support and pay their astronomical support fees to have a simple adjustment made.
Read Nikkii Kashub's full review
Chris Lenhart | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2017

Great hosting for a simple site or sandbox

I have a GoDaddy hosting account which I previously used to host my own website. Splitting off subdomains allows me to use that account as a sort of sandbox for testing designs and prototypes, and for creating mini sites for communicating product changes.
  • Proactive customer service. GoDaddy will reach out to you if they think you might be having an issue based on your usage patterns.
  • Documentation. There is fairly robust documentation on how to do certain things with your hosting.
  • Up time. I've never had my site go down.
  • Navigation UI. It can be hard to know where you are and what you are working within.
  • Onboarding tutorials. With a variety of different skill levels using the tool, it might be helpful to offer some sort of getting started tutorial so users can make informed choices.
GoDaddy is great for beginning web developers who need basic hosting for a site or sandbox.
Read Chris Lenhart's full review
Justin Schroeder | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2017

Does what it says, but so does everyone else.

We've used GoDaddy for several domain purchases, host records, and occasionally hosting a client site. Currently we use GoDaddy almost exclusively for foreign held domain names (for example .de), it gets a little complicated, but basically you need to have contacts in a given country in order to register a domain there and GoDaddy provides that service for you.
  • Low cost domains and hosting
  • Relatively easy to use hosting service
  • Allows easy purchase of foreign domains
  • While the user interface has improved dramatically, the services are still all disjointed and rather confusing how they fit together.
  • The domain transfer process has some totally self-imposed restrictions, like not allowing you to transfer for 90 days after certain actions are taken on the domain. Never seen anything like it, and it can be a huge pain.
  • Hosting services are quite poor quality for the price you pay. Low speed, terrible interface.
GoDaddy's best case scenario is a domain name and hosting package for a simple wordpress site or other easy to install and maintain CMS. The only issue is that puts them in direct competition with loads of other CPANEL based hosts which are, frankly, cheaper and often just as easy to use than GoDaddy's rather convoluted self-baked system.
Read Justin Schroeder's full review
Laura Carr | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 08, 2017

GoDaddy works for small businesses

I use GoDaddy to host my small business website and e-mail, and it enables me to have an online presence for my grant consulting work and accept online payments for workshops I teach. It also allows me to keep an e-mail list of previous customers and send them information about upcoming events that I'm holding. It has served me well.
  • GoDaddy has great customer service. Over the years, I've had to call the tech support line because of website problems, billing questions, or other technical issues. I'm not an IT professional, and the people who have taken my calls have gone above and beyond to provide truly great support and service. This is so critical because a website and e-mail are vital to operating a business, and I can't afford for them to be non-functional. I am grateful for quick, reliable, and friendly service.
  • Building a website using GoDaddy was super simple. I had never had any training in designing a website, and I didn't need it because they provide templates and guidance that make the process very user-friendly and intuitive. I was able to put mine together quickly, and I've never had any problems updating it when I need to.
  • As the owner of a small business, I'm grateful that the costs for simple services (website and e-mail) are reasonable and not prohibitively expensive. This made GoDaddy a natural choice when I was looking to create a website for my business, and it's the reason I've stuck with them over the years.
  • I use PayPal to accept payments on my GoDaddy website, and while I appreciate the ability to integrate that system into my website, there could be improvements in the functionality. For instance, being able to modify the appearance of the PayPal button on the website so it doesn't save "Buy Now" but, instead, could say "Register Here" or something else I choose since people are using it to pay for workshop registrations.
GoDaddy is a great solution for small businesses that need a web presence. Building a website and creating e-mail addresses are incredibly simple for anyone, thanks to their intuitive products.
Read Laura Carr's full review
Sergio Sandoval | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 07, 2017

GoDaddy is a one stop shop!

I came across GoDaddy about 8 years ago, I bought my first domain and hosting through them. Everything is easy and quick. Customer service is superb, they are really good and helpful.
  • Customer service.
  • Call center is really fast.
  • Zero call tree when you call them!
  • UI is dirty.
  • Hard to navigate at times.
  • They call you too much at times. If I go browsing for something on their site I'll get a call later...
They are great at calling you back and trying to do business, I do find this a little annoying but it's okay, they're not too pushy.
Read Sergio Sandoval's full review

About GoDaddy

GoDaddy offers more than just a platform to build a website. The vendor states they offer everything needed to create an effective, memorable online presence. For existing sites, GoDaddy offers hosting plans designed to keep it fast, secure and online. GoDaddy also offers professional email, and online marketing tools to enable entrepreneurs to get online with an SEO-friendly website. GoDaddy is offered as an all-in-one solution provider to get online, backed with personalized support from GoDaddy Guides.

GoDaddy Competitors