GoDaddy Web Hosting provides users with storage, email addresses, and unlimited bandwith.Give GoDaddy a Go!I am currently using GoDaddy for a non-profit's website. I was able to completely re-do the non-profit's website using GoDaddy, taking the site from something boring and outdated to an amazing easy to use site. The new site has received lots of positive feedback from the foundation's donors. The site keeps the public and donors informed about what the foundation is doing in the community. Users can also make donations to the foundation through the site, and buy tickets to the foundation's events. The site was very easy to create, and making edits is a breeze.,Their customer service is outstanding. The website builder is very simple to use. The stock images included with the website builder are professional and beautiful. Social media integration is easy.,The pricing is higher than many other web design platforms. The emails are very expensive, in my opinion. I would like the ability to customize colors and fonts on the website.,9,The new GoDaddy site has lead to increased donations now that they can be made online Increased tickets sales with ease of use Optimized site for mobile,Wix,MailChimp, HubSpot, WordPress, Zoho Campaigns, Microsoft 365 Business,10,I was having trouble forwarding visitors from our old site to the new one and the rep walked me through it and solved my problem immediately.Awesome Domain Names by GoDaddyGoDaddy is used as the core name service provider for domain names purchased by my company. We also use some additional services such as Dedicated IP and Mail Add-on. We use it for web development and hosting.,A very interactive control panel Easy domain name transfer A warm and highly trained customer support team,Enabling SSL through Let's Encrypt,8,Positive - Provides a wide range of alternate name if the desire name is unavailable Positive - Easy and efficient domain name transfer process Negative - High cost of reseller domain name by third party vendors,InMotion Hosting, Google Domains and Namecheap,InMotion Hosting, Google Domains, NamecheapGoDaddy Hosting gives you nearly 100% uptime and Peace of MindGoDaddy is our "go to" hosting provider for our clients, as well as our own business sites. The up time is terrific, (I'd argue close to 99%), and the support is terrific as well. Website setup is easy (quite a bit easier over the last year, versus 8 years ago) when it comes to Wordpress website initiation. When our clients have email account needs, or SSL certificate needs, we can always call GoDaddy support to help us quickly set up those accounts. Once or twice over the last eight years, we have had a malware situation on our hands, and GoDaddy again was able to work with us to quickly assess the issue and offer a quick solution. I even have my specific GoDaddy specialist I can call when I need specific help.,Near 100% up time. 24 hour customer support. Great deals on hosting and domains (especially for new clients). Full range of services, including hosting, domains, email, SSL, Outlook, Microsoft.,The dashboard, revised for simplicity, is hard to navigate for folks like us that need to easily find DNS settings and be able to change specific aspects of hosting and domains. GoDaddy sends out emails to my clients telling them they are using up all the allotted memory for the site and suggests they up the hosting package. I am not sure this is true, as my client sites generally do not have considerable amounts of web traffic. I'd like to see a tier of GoDaddy representatives that are for professional questions and problems.,9,GoDaddy allows us to focus on the client's site, instead of hosting and domains. This has been a plus for our business. The negative impact, if any, is that clients sometimes feel like they can just handle things themselves because we make it look so easy to work with GoDaddy. Nearly 100% of our website clients are hosted on GoDaddy.,Namecheap,WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, WooCommerceDon't Go to "New & Shiny" Host Site, Stick with GoDaddyWe use GoDaddy.com for our hosting and to buy domains for our personal business and for all of our clients too. It is used across the whole organization. We need a host and domain search we can trust, and GoDaddy does just that. They are a trusted company to buy domains and add hosting.,Hosting - trusted and great customer service. Domain search Domain purchasing,Web Security - sometimes hackers can get through and they are a little late alerting us. Besides that, they're great! Long customer service wait times on occasion.,10,Positive ROI by having my website up without issues. Even when it goes down momentarily, GoDaddy gets right on it.,HostGator, Bluehost, Namecheap and DreamHost,HostGatorAlways In The Winner's Circle With GoDaddyWe use GoDaddy as registrar for many companies which I have consulted. They are my choice as far as registering a domain. It is super easy for the novice. I like to use GoDaddy because they are fast, easy to implement, and when passed along to my client, easy to work with support. Their support is unparalleled.,Support. Their customer support staff members are easy to understand and to communicate with. They are helpful and very knowledgeable with their platform. If they cannot handle your call directly, they do not waste your time. They will pass the call to someone who can handle it. Efficient. Everything is right there and easy to understand. Once again, you don't have to waste time to navigate through their platform. Helpfulness. They know what the customer needs and they deliver on their needs.,Up-selling. I would like to see a more clean interface when purchasing. Even with someone who has used GoDaddy for 15 years, at times, I have to watch closely so I make sure I am only getting what is needed at the time. Marketing. I would like to see more marketing done in my email not when I am purchasing. Make decision making easier. For the novice, I can see where they would easily buy a bunch of things they don't even know how to use.,10,The ROI has been positive considering how fast and efficient they are are domain registration. They offer the ability to back order a site if a domain you would like is already taken. GoDaddy will notify you the moment it becomes available if the current owner does not renew the domain. Hosting your own domain can be expensive and time consuming. You have much better things to do than learn all about hosting. Just let them do what they do best.,Host Gator and Network Solutions,Chrome Remote Desktop, Constant Contact, Canva, Dropbox, Eventbrite, Workplace by Facebook (Formerly Facebook at Work), Facebook for Business, Yotpo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, MailChimp, Moz, Skype, Slack, Square Invoices, Square POS, Calendly, Tumblr, Medium
GoDaddy

GoDaddy Reviews

GoDaddy
Filter 60 vetted GoDaddy reviews and ratings
Elise Woodard profile photo
November 28, 2018

User Review: "Give GoDaddy a Go!"

• Their customer service is outstanding.
  • The website builder is very simple to use.
  • The stock images included with the website builder are professional and beautiful.
  • Social media integration is easy.
  • The pricing is higher than many other web design platforms.
  • The emails are very expensive, in my opinion.
  • I would like the ability to customize colors and fonts on the website.
I would say that GoDaddy is suitable for anyone creating a website. If you are looking to do a blog, without a website, you may opt for a free or less expensive blog host.
Read Elise Woodard's full review
Anthoney Whyte profile photo
November 28, 2018

User Review: "Awesome Domain Names by GoDaddy"

• A very interactive control panel
  • Easy domain name transfer
  • A warm and highly trained customer support team
  • Enabling SSL through Let's Encrypt
They provide a reasonable price for domain name and the domain name search utility provides a wide range of options if the desired domain is unavailable. Reseller cost of domain names are really expensive.
Read Anthoney Whyte's full review
Tim Vahsholtz profile photo
June 26, 2018

Review: "GoDaddy Hosting gives you nearly 100% uptime and Peace of Mind"

GoDaddy is our "go to" hosting provider for our clients, as well as our own business sites. The up time is terrific, (I'd argue close to 99%), and the support is terrific as well. Website setup is easy (quite a bit easier over the last year, versus 8 years ago) when it comes to WordPress website initiation. When our clients have email account needs, or SSL certificate needs, we can always call GoDaddy support to help us quickly set up those accounts. Once or twice over the last eight years, we have had a malware situation on our hands, and GoDaddy again was able to work with us to quickly assess the issue and offer a quick solution. I even have my specific GoDaddy specialist I can call when I need specific help.
  • Near 100% up time.
  • 24 hour customer support.
  • Great deals on hosting and domains (especially for new clients).
  • Full range of services, including hosting, domains, email, SSL, Outlook, Microsoft.
  • The dashboard, revised for simplicity, is hard to navigate for folks like us that need to easily find DNS settings and be able to change specific aspects of hosting and domains.
  • GoDaddy sends out emails to my clients telling them they are using up all the allotted memory for the site and suggests they up the hosting package. I am not sure this is true, as my client sites generally do not have considerable amounts of web traffic.
  • I'd like to see a tier of GoDaddy representatives that are for professional questions and problems.
Overall, GoDaddy is great. Every time I have a client that is on another hosting provider, we have nothing but trouble. I know that if we have any issues, GoDaddy will take care of them. Sometimes it will take talking to more than one person, but once the issues are solved, we are good. And, the uptime is really close to 100%.
Read Tim Vahsholtz's full review
Erin Ruoff profile photo
August 29, 2018

Review: "Don't Go to "New & Shiny" Host Site, Stick with GoDaddy"

• Hosting - trusted and great customer service.
  • Domain search
  • Domain purchasing
  • Web Security - sometimes hackers can get through and they are a little late alerting us. Besides that, they're great!
  • Long customer service wait times on occasion.
If you need to buy a domain then GoDaddy is the only option. Hosting is the same. We've had clients go to "new & shiny" hosting sites with reviews from affiliates but they are awful. Stick with a good, solid company like GoDaddy for hosting and to purchase your domain.
Read Erin Ruoff's full review
Renea Hanks profile photo
April 17, 2018

Review: "Always In The Winner's Circle With GoDaddy"

easy to work with support. Their support is unparalleled.
  • Support. Their customer support staff members are easy to understand and to communicate with. They are helpful and very knowledgeable with their platform. If they cannot handle your call directly, they do not waste your time. They will pass the call to someone who can handle it.
  • Efficient. Everything is right there and easy to understand. Once again, you don't have to waste time to navigate through their platform.
  • Helpfulness. They know what the customer needs and they deliver on their needs.
  • Up-selling. I would like to see a more clean interface when purchasing. Even with someone who has used GoDaddy for 15 years, at times, I have to watch closely so I make sure I am only getting what is needed at the time.
  • Marketing. I would like to see more marketing done in my email not when I am purchasing.
  • Make decision making easier. For the novice, I can see where they would easily buy a bunch of things they don't even know how to use.
GoDaddy is very well suited for:

1. Registering a domain.
  2. First time business owners.
  3. Someone with little to no knowledge of online business/presence
  4. People looking to save money
  5. People with small budgets
  6. People that need cheap hosting and cannot afford to do it alone.
GoDaddy is not well suited for people that have a problem saying no or think they should purchase everything they are offered.
Read Renea Hanks's full review
Swati Nagda profile photo
March 29, 2018

Review: "Affordable and reliable! We can confidently recommend Godaddy!"

It is used for my eCommerce website domain and hosting.
  • Product price
  • Security
  • Customer support
  • Earlier it was for customer support but they have improved now
Godaddy is an affordable and reliable source for domains and website hosting. Their customer support was weak earlier but now they are pretty good in customer support. They have good price and website building options. All of their products are strongly secured, and they update buyers whenever attention is required. We can confidently recommend Godaddy.
Read Swati Nagda's full review
Nikkii Kashub profile photo
February 09, 2018

User Review: "Stay away from GoDaddy!"

We used GoDaddy as our primary website provider. It was used as our primary platform to reach out to all of our customers, bring in new customers, and educate people about our services.
  • GoDaddy offers name brand awareness
  • GoDaddy is difficult to use.
  • Does not look professional.
  • Customer services is lacking and very expensive.
  • It was very difficult to make simple changes on my own and I have a background in HTML.
I would never use GoDaddy again. It felt as if they were purposely making their product difficult to use so that people would call into support and pay their astronomical support fees to have a simple adjustment made.
Read Nikkii Kashub's full review
Chris Lenhart profile photo
September 18, 2017

GoDaddy Review: "Great hosting for a simple site or sandbox"

I have a GoDaddy hosting account which I previously used to host my own website. Splitting off subdomains allows me to use that account as a sort of sandbox for testing designs and prototypes, and for creating mini sites for communicating product changes.
  • Proactive customer service. GoDaddy will reach out to you if they think you might be having an issue based on your usage patterns.
  • Documentation. There is fairly robust documentation on how to do certain things with your hosting.
  • Up time. I've never had my site go down.
  • Navigation UI. It can be hard to know where you are and what you are working within.
  • Onboarding tutorials. With a variety of different skill levels using the tool, it might be helpful to offer some sort of getting started tutorial so users can make informed choices.
GoDaddy is great for beginning web developers who need basic hosting for a site or sandbox.
Read Chris Lenhart's full review
Justin Schroeder profile photo
September 11, 2017

GoDaddy Review: "Does what it says, but so does everyone else."

We've used GoDaddy for several domain purchases, host records, and occasionally hosting a client site. Currently we use GoDaddy almost exclusively for foreign held domain names (for example .de), it gets a little complicated, but basically you need to have contacts in a given country in order to register a domain there and GoDaddy provides that service for you.
  • Low cost domains and hosting
  • Relatively easy to use hosting service
  • Allows easy purchase of foreign domains
  • While the user interface has improved dramatically, the services are still all disjointed and rather confusing how they fit together.
  • The domain transfer process has some totally self-imposed restrictions, like not allowing you to transfer for 90 days after certain actions are taken on the domain. Never seen anything like it, and it can be a huge pain.
  • Hosting services are quite poor quality for the price you pay. Low speed, terrible interface.
GoDaddy's best case scenario is a domain name and hosting package for a simple wordpress site or other easy to install and maintain CMS. The only issue is that puts them in direct competition with loads of other CPANEL based hosts which are, frankly, cheaper and often just as easy to use than GoDaddy's rather convoluted self-baked system.
Read Justin Schroeder's full review
Laura Carr profile photo
September 08, 2017

User Review: "GoDaddy works for small businesses"

I use GoDaddy to host my small business website and e-mail, and it enables me to have an online presence for my grant consulting work and accept online payments for workshops I teach. It also allows me to keep an e-mail list of previous customers and send them information about upcoming events that I'm holding. It has served me well.
  • GoDaddy has great customer service. Over the years, I've had to call the tech support line because of website problems, billing questions, or other technical issues. I'm not an IT professional, and the people who have taken my calls have gone above and beyond to provide truly great support and service. This is so critical because a website and e-mail are vital to operating a business, and I can't afford for them to be non-functional. I am grateful for quick, reliable, and friendly service.
  • Building a website using GoDaddy was super simple. I had never had any training in designing a website, and I didn't need it because they provide templates and guidance that make the process very user-friendly and intuitive. I was able to put mine together quickly, and I've never had any problems updating it when I need to.
  • As the owner of a small business, I'm grateful that the costs for simple services (website and e-mail) are reasonable and not prohibitively expensive. This made GoDaddy a natural choice when I was looking to create a website for my business, and it's the reason I've stuck with them over the years.
  • I use PayPal to accept payments on my GoDaddy website, and while I appreciate the ability to integrate that system into my website, there could be improvements in the functionality. For instance, being able to modify the appearance of the PayPal button on the website so it doesn't save "Buy Now" but, instead, could say "Register Here" or something else I choose since people are using it to pay for workshop registrations.
GoDaddy is a great solution for small businesses that need a web presence. Building a website and creating e-mail addresses are incredibly simple for anyone, thanks to their intuitive products.
Read Laura Carr's full review
Sergio Sandoval profile photo
September 07, 2017

User Review: "GoDaddy is a one stop shop!"

I came across GoDaddy about 8 years ago, I bought my first domain and hosting through them. Everything is easy and quick. Customer service is superb, they are really good and helpful.
  • Customer service.
  • Call center is really fast.
  • Zero call tree when you call them!
  • UI is dirty.
  • Hard to navigate at times.
  • They call you too much at times. If I go browsing for something on their site I'll get a call later...
They are great at calling you back and trying to do business, I do find this a little annoying but it's okay, they're not too pushy.
Read Sergio Sandoval's full review
Shelle Pourmanafzadehardabili profile photo
September 06, 2017

Review: "GoDaddy...you have not stayed current, maybe it is time to just go..."

My company still has a few domains registered with GoDaddy. We have several clients that use GoDaddy for domain registration and/or web hosting. The business problems it addresses for our/our clients use is domain registration and hosting.
  • Domain registration/management interface is very user-friendly. It is easy to change nameservers, DNS, redirects, etc.
  • In my opinion, the above is the only real plus to GoDaddy.
  • GoDaddy's pricing for domain and privacy registration is not competitive.
  • GoDaddy's hosting is not great. The interface and connection to the control panel is not consistent across plans, the speed for shared hosting is slow and the security does not seem to be very good.
If someone is looking to house many domains that require a lot of changes to the records or redirects and does not have a lot of patience or tech knowledge, GoDaddy's interface is very clean and easy to use. However, if they are looking for the best pricing and want privacy on each of those domains, I would not recommend them. I would not recommend them for hosting and have actually recommended that clients move to other hosting solutions.
Read Shelle Pourmanafzadehardabili's full review
Jessica Mortvedt profile photo
September 06, 2017

GoDaddy Review: "Best Domain Registrar Out There"

We have several domain names that we manage for our company. GoDaddy makes it so easy to forward URLs. Some companies charge to forward a URL, that is not the case with GoDaddy. It's an easy to use website that allows me to point URLs and purchase URLs as needed. I'm not an IT person, but GoDaddy has enough FAQs to guide me through whatever I need done!
  • It's easy to purchase a domain.
  • It's easy to forward a domain.
  • It's easy to set up with Google email.
  • I don't have any negative things to say.
GoDaddy is perfect for companies needing to purchase and point multiple domains. I've used several different domain companies and always come back to GoDaddy. They have the easiest to use interface and offer domains at a perfect price. We have the Gmail business suite, and GoDaddy walks you through how to set up your domain!
Read Jessica Mortvedt's full review
Vishal Rao profile photo
August 22, 2017

GoDaddy Review: "Basic and well priced domain hosting service. Beware of add-ons."

I needed to build a website for a non-profit org I support. I picked GoDaddy because I had heard the most about them from colleagues, very widely supported (e.g. by Wix) and cheap. We use it to host our domain and connect it to the site we built on Wix. GoDaddy did try to upsell on many things like email support, site management, etc. We used Wix for managing the site which had way better capabilities, so didn't need that. We wanted to use the Google Suite for email (free for non-profits) so picked that option. The only option I wish I could have taken is hiding our address, which I thought was a very unfair and sneaky gimmick used by GoDaddy - you have to pay them to hide your information from the public?? I did get contacted by several agencies to help with SEO, etc. which I'm sure was caused by this unbought "feature" by GoDaddy.

I would renew and buy from GoDaddy again, but a little sore from the "hide information feature".
  • Site hosting
  • Pricing
  • Connecting to Wix
  • Hiding personal information
  • Site building and management
  • Pricing for email management
Great for hosting your own page if you're a small-mid size business. Great for connecting to Wix, Squarespace, etc. Not recommended for building your site content, managing email. Be careful in selecting the features you pay for, signing up for the offers. While they sound tempting, most of them are unneeded.
Read Vishal Rao's full review
Renee Hall profile photo
September 18, 2017

User Review: "Go with GoDaddy"

I administer GoDaddy sites for multiple non-profit clients. I use them for web hosting, email hosting and domain purchases.
  • short wait times
  • excellent customer service
  • quick problem resolution
  • not a local provider
  • email hosting does not support the iMAP email protocol
  • call often to "check in"
They are quick to help, very knowledgeable and able to easily move back and forth between all of the accounts I admininster.
Read Renee Hall's full review
Julia Gould profile photo
September 08, 2017

"GoDaddy Review"

At MORE, we use GoDaddy across the organization. We use it to purchase and maintain website domains as well as set up email address and accounts. GoDaddy is used for our clients as well as MORE. Often we use the GoDaddy domain search function to check the availability of website domains for clients.
  • The website is easy to use and navigate
  • Their online chat service is helpful if you are having a hard time figuring out what you need
  • The actual layout of the website could be cleaner.
GoDaddy is good if you are looking to secure a website domain, create email accounts or manage users for small organizations or businesses. You do not have to deal with a sales person which is nice. If you are looking for something to manage emails for a larger organization, i wouldn't recommend GoDaddy.
Read Julia Gould's full review
October 10, 2017

Review: "GoDaddy is the Daddy of customer service"

We use it for domain purchases for the company and sometimes hosting for clients that we have. It helps to use a single website for all domains so that it's all in one place. And when we have issues, it's nice to just call up GoDaddy since their customer service is 24/7 and very helpful. They also have an easy to navigate interface for their website, which is really good for people who aren't web savvy.
  • Customer service is definitely number one here. The fact that they are open for calls 24/7 and have a great support team is a really nice thing to have when you aren't fully versed in all things domains/cpanel/email etc. They also usually answer quickly.
  • Ease of use throughout the website. It's made for the non web savvy individual, clear and instructive for proper usage.
  • I think they know their target market well and it's nice to see that their website shows just that.
  • Better pricing for renewals. When I see the difference in pricing of purchasing a new domain versus renewing it, I get turned off with such a huge difference. I think it'd be better if they lowered their renewal pricing. Or just some more promotions, I feel like I never receive promotions from them. Another or could be a rewards program for being a loyal customer for x amount of years.
  • They can be a bit annoying/overwhelming with the product/service add-ons once you've gotten what you needed--I understand why they do it but it almost feels like they're trying to trick you into something which makes me feel less trusting of the company.
  • Though I said I liked the user interface for the non savvy person, I must say that their design/branding/ui could use some improvement. It has a lot going on and it doesn't look clean. A lot of things just look like they were thrown together.
Well suited for someone who's just starting out with their first website and needs to get a domain, hosting and an email set up.

Less suited for someone who is more advanced and needs a better, faster hosting company.
December 14, 2017

GoDaddy Review: "A So So Hosting Company"

GoDaddy was being used by a couple of small businesses I was working with to manage their websites and social media accounts. We used GoDaddy to purchase their web hosting and domain packages and we used it to install Wordpress. It is simple to use GoDaddy and it's great to have reliable products all in one place.
  • The websites I have managed and used very rarely go down. GoDaddy is great at keeping their servers online.
  • Installing a platform like Wordpress is super simple.
  • I think that the pricing system is both fair and it's nice to have so much in one spot.
  • The platform can be a little cumbersome and I have had issues with not being able to get the site itself to load or being able to login to check my account.
  • The support can be good but it is a little hit and miss. Depends on the day and time and who you will get.
  • I am not a fan of their webmail platform, I would rather just either forward all the mail or use gmail.
GoDaddy is a great place for people who are new to websites and getting their site off the ground. Wordpress is easy to install and their site builder is OK. They also are consistent with their servers. Larger companies or more experienced ones may be better to look somewhere else just because of the platform and support.
October 10, 2017

GoDaddy Review: "Domain Registrar Number One for a Reason"

We have used Godaddy mainly for domain names. We mostly use Godaddy across the whole business to register and manage domain names with different TLDs, Manage customer's delegated accounts and brainstorm for domain ideas
  • GoDaddy offers domain names at a great price, $.99 .com domains are a steal.
  • GoDaddy's website is user friendly, searching, ordering and managing domains is very simple even for beginners.
  • One stop shop, you can get a domain name, email service, hosting and even SSL certificates installed in few simple clicks.
  • Hosting service could be improved, comparing to the industry standard. GoDaddy's hosting is OUTDATED in terms of: plans/pricing, user interface and features.
  • Pricing is little bit tricky, you have to spend sometime looking for coupons, renewal coupons, otherwise you will pay much higher.
  • Customer service can be slow sometimes, and often not very helpful. Particularly for hosting related issues.
GoDaddy is well suited for registering and managing domain names, email service.

I wouldn't recommend using GoDaddy's hosting, from personal experience: GoDaddy's used custom control panel is really a pain to deal with; the service was slow and the customer service is not impressive at all.
September 15, 2017

GoDaddy Review: "Simple: Like it should be"

GoDaddy is used for our whole organization for purchasing domains. We use Godaddy to register domains and direct the nameservers to our host. That way if we ever need to switch hosts, we don't need to transfer the domains between host to host. It also is the fastest way to see if a domain is taken or not when researching for new websites.
  • GoDaddy is great for purchasing domains and keeping them registered in a place separate from your website host.
  • GoDaddy offers the best search function (that I've found) for seeing if domains are taken.
  • The layout is constantly changing. I feel like every time I log in, something is in a different place than it was before.
If you are purchasing just one domain for your business, you probably don't need to go through Godaddy. You should get a free domain when you sign up for web hosting. But if you have multiple domains for either your own business, or for your clients, GoDaddy is a no-brainer.
October 16, 2017

User Review: "GoDaddy at a glance"

Godaddy is used for our website only. We use it to host our wordpress site so that our customers can view our services.
  • Offers quality WordPress auto-install
  • GoDaddy is affordable
  • Great customer phone support
  • Uses the latest technology
  • GoDaddy explicitly limits Your databases, email addresses & memory
GoDaddy is well suited for anyone that wants to purchase a domain name and hosting. From small businesses to enterprise. GoDaddy is one of if not the largest domain name registrar so they are reliable, affordable, and they have great customer service.
August 31, 2017

GoDaddy Review: "Okay to get started with basic domain service"

GoDaddy is being used for domain hosting and email hosting.
  • Branding
  • Support
  • Marketing
  • Bring back the catch-all domain feature
  • Simplifying site organization
  • Making site more user-friendly
GoDaddy is okay for domains and for email hosting. It could be more competitive for web hosting.
Leilani Chin profile photo
March 10, 2017

Review: "Think Twice Before Signing Up with GoDaddy!"

Everyone at the brokerage has their business email set up through GoDaddy. It is simply just our email host.
  • Ability to manage everyone's email.
  • Able to gain access to any employee's email. Helpful for after terminations.
  • Constantly get logged out of webmail.
  • Outages.
  • Seems to be glitchy and unreliable.
Honestly, I just wouldn't recommend GoDaddy. I would much rather switch to a Google business email server that is more reliable and offers other helpful tools.
Read Leilani Chin's full review
Robert Allen profile photo
September 16, 2016

Review: "GoDaddy is the spatula which scrapes the bottom of the barrel."

We use GoDaddy whenever a client comes to us with a GoDaddy account and refuses to change hosts. This is more frequent than it should be, but we're happy to comply with clients' wishes. This is a sort of edge case and the service is not used by anyone else in the agency.
  • GoDaddy has readily available add-ons for anything you want to do.
  • Their site hosting isn't terrible, although it is slow.
  • They nickel & dime like crazy! What other services provide as part of a basic package, GoDaddy charges piecemeal for.
  • Their servers are extremely slow. Page load times would be laughable if it weren't so tragic.
  • Their account management is opaque, settings menus rely on buggy modals, nothing is where it should be, and to access the WordPress management screen users have to type in a separate URL - there's no link in context menus!
  • Their customer service segments are difficult to reach. I've seen their 'WordPress Service Reps' marked as Offline for over a week! This means when I call I'm stuck with a generalist or a rep who is in over his head, so I end up advising the rep on what he needs to do to fix my problem.
  • I only need to GoDaddy technicians because their interface is so obfuscative. Their attempt to make everything novice-centric has cost them tremendously in functionality.
If a person has a $15/yr budget and knows a bit of how to set up their own site, GoDaddy is perfect. Their service offering is the spatula which scrapes against the bottom of the barrel.
Read Robert Allen's full review