Well Priced

We use GoDaddy for all our domain purchases for our clients. We do not use GoDaddy to host websites.

Come Daddy

GoDaddy for Domains

Well it works...kinda

Basic

Standard

Premium

What is GoDaddy?

GoDaddy offers more than just a platform to build a website. The vendor states they offer everything needed to create an effective, memorable online presence. For existing sites, GoDaddy offers hosting plans designed to keep it fast, secure and online. GoDaddy also offers professional email, and online marketing tools to enable entrepreneurs to get online with an SEO-friendly website. GoDaddy is offered as an all-in-one solution provider to get online, backed with personalized support from GoDaddy Guides.

GoDaddy Video

How to build a website for your business | GoDaddy

GoDaddy Competitors

GoDaddy Technical Details

Alternatives

What is GoDaddy?

GoDaddy Web Hosting provides users with storage, email addresses, and unlimited bandwith.

What are GoDaddy's top competitors?

Wix, Weebly, and Shopify are common alternatives for GoDaddy.

What is GoDaddy's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses GoDaddy?

The most common users of GoDaddy are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

I have been a Godaddy's customer for many years. I pay them for hosting, backups, and many more products. I host my clients' websites and emails with Godaddy. A week ago I reached out to Goddady support to troubleshoot a webmail issue and while they fixed the issue they deleted my client's emails contacts by mistake. I called them back to report the contact issue, and since then they have not been able to recover the email contacts of my client. [I believe] Godaddy's negligence has cost me to lose a client. Godaddy just said they can't recover the data they deleted. This is ridiculous, [I believe] THEY JUST DONT CARE ABOUT A CLIENT BECAUSE THEY HAVE SO MANY. GODADDY, I NEED THAT FIX WHAT YOU BROKE AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!!
  • Nothing.
  • Negligence.
  • Dont Take Responsability.
  • Customer Services.
  • Resolve problems.
  • Fix things that they broke.
[I believe] Godaddy has jeopardized my business and never take responsibility.
Rohith Dilip | TrustRadius Reviewer
1.GoDaddy is used by our organization from past four year to host our websites.
2.We use hosting provided by GoDaddy.
3. We are able to manage multiple Domains and Hosting of different websites at one place which is an excellent feature of GoDaddy.
4. The down time we have experienced is almost nil which is indeed great !
  • Domain maintenance
  • Website Hosting
  • Quality Support
  • Transfer of Domain
  • Website Performance
  • High End Security
  • The restoration cost in GoDaddy is quite expensive needs to lower it.
  • GoDaddy has limited customized website templates.
  • Hosting is slow sometimes.
1.GoDaddy is well suited to host the websites and make them run smoothly, it is helpful for large scale organizations and as well as small scale organizations or for an individual.
2. GoDaddy is simple in User Interface and easy for a beginner to buy domain, create website, host the website at one place.
3. GoDaddy has good uptime when compared to their competitors.
4. GoDaddy has 24/7/365 days excellent support service.
Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used GoDaddy to manage websites and domains. We utilized the website designer tools for some of our multifamily properties that showcased floorplans, amenities, photos, etc. We also utilized forms on the website for potential renters to express their interest in our property and request tours. We managed almost 20 domains through GoDaddy for all of our properties, residential and commercial.
  • Organizes multiple domains
  • Simple Interface
  • Customer Service
  • Website Designer
  • Clear renewals/Calendar Feature
  • Integrations with website design sites
GoDaddy is great for managing a large number of domains in one place and makes it very easy to manage subscriptions and renewals from one interface. I think this is especially good for property management companies, how we were using it, or possibly an umbrella company that manages a variety of different brands. It is also very helpful in suggesting alternative domains to purchase to avoid someone unaffiliated from purchasing.
Samuel [SAM] John, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Godaddy is an amazing tool. Our firm is using Godaddy to host our websites, improve the deliverability of our email campaigns, etc. We have added 12 websites to Godaddy. Out of these 12 websites, 7 are e-commerce websites and intended for leads generation and sales. All our websites have images, videos, lead generation plugins, and social media plugins. We do not worry about the performance of our websites as Godaddy ensures 100% website performance and provides top-notch customer support. We have added tracking codes( MX records, SPF, DKIM) to our site's DNS directory using Godaddy to improve the deliverability of our email campaigns. In our firm, Godaddy is used by Marketing & IT Department. Godaddy is allowing us to easily manage our web presence and achieve our business goals.
  • Allows Linux, Windows hosting
  • Hosts unlimited Websites
  • Helps to improve the deliverability of email campaigns
  • Has its own state-of-the-art Website builder platform
  • Ready-to-launch websites templates
  • Frequent offers and discounts
  • Provides top-notch Customer Support
  • Limited Live chat support
  • Some offers are expensive for short term
  • Lac of good tutorials
Godaddy is a good choice for Small and Medium Scale enterprises. Godaddy can be found easily on the internet as it is a popular choice. It has affordable pricing plans and bundles. Godaddy is not a complicated tool. Anyone with basic knowledge can set up websites in Godaddy. Godaddy is one of the fastest web hosting services in the market. Godaddy has an intuitive dashboard. It has a template collection, a domain search tool, and a domain name generator tool, etc, for the untrained eye to kick start an online business. Godaddy's website design tool or its template collection etc are not suited for a professional website developer.

Anne Theriault | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization uses GoDaddy for all of our websites and hosting services across the entire organization. We use GoDaddy to build websites and blogs to provide vital information to our clients and customers on a regular basis. We also use GoDaddy to build and host sites to see products.
  • Easy to use and inexpensive to set up.
  • Customer service is exceptional.
  • Reliable with fast loading times.
  • GoDaddy's back end server is a bit complicated.
  • First time users get great discounts, but price increases significantly after first year.
  • If you lose your website, they charge a high restoration fee.
GoDaddy is great for anyone looking to start a blog or build a website. You can have your site up and running quickly with GoDaddy's website builder. If you're looking to buy a domain name, create a site to sell products, or simply blog about things that interest you, GoDaddy is very well suited to fulfill these services.
May 15, 2021

Well Priced

• Keeps domains all in one place
  • Well priced domains
  • Decent customer service
  • Renewals could be more straight forward
  • Website hosting features are lacking which is why we don't use them for hosting
GoDaddy is well suited for domain purchasing. Keeps everything in one place and organized. I wouldn't recommend using GoDaddy to host a website.
May 10, 2021

Come Daddy

The whole organization is dependent on GoDaddy hosting - not everyone accesses the admin panel, but we need it to be functional, so we can work on the WordPress sites, the backbone of our organization.
The cost-value ratio of GoDaddy seemed to be the best at the time we chose it and it still is a strong competitor. We need hosting, so it's a must.
  • Cost is very favorable.
  • Easy to use.
  • A lot of undefined (HTML 500) errors occur.
  • Some intermediate level WordPress plugins can wreck an entire site.
  • Lately, entire sites crash and are partially responsive - making work impossible.
If asked by a colleague whether I would recommend GoDaddy, I would probably ask them if they had a better recommendation. It works and is very good when you want to start out - they are big, they are easy to access, and it is generally a good idea to start out with GoDaddy, but at the moment, we could probably use a more personalized approach, that fits individual needs of a company.
Also, SO UNRELIABLE.
July 14, 2021

GoDaddy for Domains

I had used GoDaddy both at my workplace and also in the non-profit organization I volunteer at. At my workplace, we used GoDaddy for domain registration and also for the WordPress hosting of our company website. At the non-profit organization, we had used it for domain name registration. It’s easy to use and very convenient for both the above mentioned uses.
  • Communication with users/buyers
  • Plug-ins
It’s a well known platform for domain registration and is easy to use. However in the non-profit organization, when the executive committee had changed, we had a problem changing contact person details at GoDaddy. The registered phone number was a landline, and they were sending the otp to that number, and we couldn’t change the contact number easily.
page V | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoDaddy offers a full range of digital business services from domain purchase and management through their small business suite - website hosting, website building (WYSIWYG/drag and drop website builder), email marketing/newsletters, google listing management and more. We use GoDaddy to purchase our domains, manage them, and to purchase and manage our email services for our employees.
  • Technical support
  • Small Business solutions
  • Pricing for domains
  • Data Tracking - Facebook/Instagram compatible websites (for running conversion campaigns).
GoDaddy is a good solution for:
  • first-time, non-techy, local service business owner (not eCom) to manage their business all in one place (looking to build their website, send emails, manage their listings and web presence all in one place
    • The user dashboard for their small business suite is pretty user-friendly. Someone could probably build their site in about three hours.
    • A decent place to keep all business solutions in one easy place and have someone to help them troubleshoot with support.
  • More technically savvy business owners - any field
    • Buy and manage their domains all in one place
    • Get technical support for issues (ex: troubleshooting with CNAME and ANAME records) when redirecting traffic to new pages
    • Buy domains in bulk
I would not recommend GoDaddy's website builder:
  • For eCommerce - the tracking and capabilities are better on Shopify. There are drag and drop themes just the same as with GoDaddy.
  • For people who love to tweak - There are limitations on the WYSIWYG editor.
  • For people who are running a lot of Facebook ad campaigns / socially driven campaigns - It's harder to track conversions and give Facebook the information it needs to prove purchases (any field). We've driven traffic and proved $45k in sales from some of the campaigns that we've done. We had to do it in a roundabout way.
I think a lot of companies can learn from GoDaddy's support team. I have found:
  • Chat or phone support is almost always available.
  • Their agents are friendly and helpful.
  • Their agents seem to care and be knowledgeable about a wide range of issues.
  • I rarely have to escalate my problem to get the support that I need.
  • If they can't help me, then they can tell me why something is happening and direct me to resources that can fix my problem.
February 29, 2020

Good value for money.

June Burchfield - LION | TrustRadius Reviewer
Use GoDaddy for myself and two clients. Have used Website Builder (current and classic) along with Financial App and GoDaddy Pro. Makes it easy to create websites and edit/update. Pro makes it easier to manage clients I assist. Used Financial App for about a year. It was simple and cheap, just not very robust.
  • Website builder is easy to use and has a lot of features.
  • Website builders is easy to make edits with quickly and publishes almost instantly for updates.
  • Customer service is pretty good. Responded quickly any time I had a challenge.
  • Pro makes it easier to assist clients without having to log in as them. Also allows me to upgrade/make changes to packages if needed.
  • Website builder does have restraints on fonts, colors, layouts. Sometimes you have to get creative to make things work.
  • Banners can be tricky on Website builder as there are background requirements that aren't shown that can add a lot of blank space to your photos/artwork.
GoDaddy is great for entrepreneurs specifically in my opinion. It's cost-effective, has good customer service, and is pretty easy to use. It also works with several platforms well. Many of my clients needed help building a website they could manage and GoDaddy [is] definitely good for that. There are restrictions on fonts, colors, and layouts. Sometimes you have to get creative to make something [work] but sometimes you just have to give up and work around a certain desired color or layout.
Carter Durham | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GoDaddy to host our corporate website(s). It's used by a few select people to that end. We have two websites specifically—our main one, and then a Spanish language version because we do a lot of business in Latin America. We use GoDaddy to build, host, maintain, etc both of those sites.
  • The UI is nice.
  • The site editing tools are good.
  • I've had login issues repeatedly.
  • Not a huge fan of certain aspects of billing.
It's generally well known and so you can trust it to get the job done, but there are a few areas where I've been frustrated and feel compelled to contemplate alternatives.
Meredith Brough | TrustRadius Reviewer
My website is the window into my business. It is an incredibly important tool for my clients to learn about me, my services, and find out why I am the best fit for them!
  • Low cost.
  • Easy to use.
  • Looks great.
  • Lots of features and add-ons.
  • Great customer service.
  • I would like to see a little more versatility on the web pages. I am kind of limited at times. Customized features would be nice.
GoDaddy is well suited to any small business! It’s amazing to be able to design and manage my own website since I do not know how to do anything technological. It’s convenient to update, change or add anything on my phone or the computer. I don’t think that someone who has or can afford a web site designer needs the GoDaddy web builder.
I have called to ask questions about services and features and have always had a good experience with very friendly, helpful service people.
October 22, 2019

Well it works...kinda

We use GoDaddy as the launch platform for our book and CD sells. We also use to gain donations and sell concert tickets. It is an easy platform for the consumer to use, though very lacking in its ease of use for us on the back end.
  • Easy for the end-user
  • Pays accurately and on time
  • Ease to collect funds
  • Hard to get signed in (hitting sign-in three times in three different places).
  • Difficult to get to the cart to print orders.
  • Has a tendency to be down on the back end at least once a month.
This is great for the consumer. Easy to use, simple to check out, but difficult and time consuming from the back end. It takes a while to get signed in. Takes a while to collect the funds once you hit capture payment. A lot of clicking back and forth to get to what you need. There newest upgrades have a moderate learning curve.
They do call and attempt to help troubleshoot but it's not usually helpful.
Ray Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer
Being a GoDaddy Pro, I am able to gain access to users' accounts and have full control over their hosting plans and domains (obviously granted access by same). This access allows me to get and prepare all the needed information to get serious work done through development. Normally, inexperienced users are not quite sure what developers are talking about, so the "Delegate Access" control that GoDaddy provides its users, is very helpful for me.
  • Delegation of Account Access: full control over hosting and DNS
  • cPanel access for FTP/One-Click installs ( php scripts )
  • WordPress Staging setup and URL, with temp URL for pre-launch
  • GoDaddy does not have their own cache system, but could likely do a lot better in this area
  • They could also use some further support in CDN for images and storage
  • There is no access to full backend unless you upgrade to VPS
If you are looking for shared hosting, limited bandwidth and less access to the compute system, then GoDaddy is the right host for you. However, the price increases quite a bit after the first year, and they often lock you for two to three years. Domain registration is on the money though! So, if you are looking for a quality registrar and know what you are doing around DNS, GoDaddy is the perfect fit!
GoDaddy support has been top notch through the times when I needed them most. However, you may have to go through levels of customer service in order to get to the right person that will definitely help you. If you are patient enough, I am more than sure your problem will be solved through their customer support. The fact that their support is 24/7, knowledgeable, and friendly allows me to lean on them when their might be an issue I am not sure how to solve.
Kirsten Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GoDaddy as our website management as well as our email platform. Everyone in the company uses the email function, as we all have our own individual or department emails with the company name at the end. This is what I have the most experience with. The company website is also managed and run through GoDaddy's platform which helps us provide information to our customers.
  • Customer service has great hours of availability. When things go wrong, and they will, it is nice to have the ability to get in touch with someone.
  • Wide variety of services. GoDaddy can be a one stop shop if you are looking for marketing and email services. They offer more than just domains and email platforms.
  • Once set up, very easy to use.
  • Customer service is lacking. One agent will tell you one thing and you will call back and get a completely different answer.
  • Beware of upgrades. They did a huge system update a couple years ago and everything didn't switch exactly as it was supposed to.
  • The packages can be a bit confusing.
GoDaddy, in my experience, is very good for email platforms with a custom domain name. They use the Microsoft 365 platform for handling emails, which is nice, especially if you already use Outlook. It is also good for those inexperienced in website building. Their website builder is very easy to use, but doesn't offer too much if you are looking to do something completely custom.
Ruby Javaid | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoDaddy is used by some of my clients to either purchase domain names or web hosting. Some have also chosen to utilize GoDaddy's email services as well when they want something a little bit more professional than Gmail. Overall, GoDaddy gets the job done—for those using the company for all of their services, everything is in one place, which is nice.
  • Customer service is pretty quick and can usually resolve any issues that crop up.
  • Web domain registration is quick and easy, so is searching for a domain to purchase.
  • Relatively low cost for most of its services.
  • The dashboard for domains is clunky and dated looking. Some of it is hard to navigate through and find what you're looking for. Definitely takes a learning curve and might be complicated for those that are not familiar or particularly tech-savvy.
  • Free private registration is not offered with domain purchases like it is with other companies I have purchased domains from. Privacy is important, especially as a WHOIS search will give you the registrar's home address, phone number, and email. I'd rather not have that info out there, for myself or clients.
  • Hosting services can be hit or miss. I've had clients get hacked on their servers whereas I haven't had that happen with other companies I've used. So perhaps they are less secure than others.
If you just need to purchase a domain and don't care about private registration and want to use a company that is well known like GoDaddy, then GoDaddy is a good place to start. Some of the email services seem decent too and my clients have not had any complaints about those. Hosting seems less secure so maybe I would veer away from that.
February 21, 2019

You go GoDaddy!

Heather McNulty | TrustRadius Reviewer
I (the marketing department) use GoDaddy to host two websites for our company and our sister company. We use it for hosting, website building and SSL Certs. It is great for small companies who don't have time to deal with all the moving parts of a website and just want a professional site.
  • Keeping your information organized and at your fingertips
  • The website builder and templates are clean and professional
  • Upkeep made easy! I can sign in, change something, hit publish, then it's live!
  • I wish they had a few more options for plug-ins (timelines, carousels, etc.).
  • More connecting with CRM systems would be nice as well.
I believe GoDaddy is great for hosting any sites, but the website builder should probably only be used for hosting small to medium-sized businesses. It is also smart to have all your website needs based on GoDaddy rather than trying to manage who is holding the rights to your site, in my opinion.
November 29, 2018

Give GoDaddy a Go!

Elise Woodard | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am currently using GoDaddy for a non-profit's website. I was able to completely re-do the non-profit's website using GoDaddy, taking the site from something boring and outdated to an amazing easy to use site. The new site has received lots of positive feedback from the foundation's donors. The site keeps the public and donors informed about what the foundation is doing in the community. Users can also make donations to the foundation through the site, and buy tickets to the foundation's events. The site was very easy to create, and making edits is a breeze.
  • Their customer service is outstanding.
  • The website builder is very simple to use.
  • The stock images included with the website builder are professional and beautiful.
  • Social media integration is easy.
  • The pricing is higher than many other web design platforms.
  • The emails are very expensive, in my opinion.
  • I would like the ability to customize colors and fonts on the website.
I would say that GoDaddy is suitable for anyone creating a website. If you are looking to do a blog, without a website, you may opt for a free or less expensive blog host.
I love that I can get a real person on the phone or use the chat box. There is never a long wait time and the reps always know the answers!
Anthoney Whyte | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoDaddy is used as the core name service provider for domain names purchased by my company. We also use some additional services such as Dedicated IP and Mail Add-on. We use it for web development and hosting.
  • A very interactive control panel
  • Easy domain name transfer
  • A warm and highly trained customer support team
  • Enabling SSL through Let's Encrypt
They provide a reasonable price for domain name and the domain name search utility provides a wide range of options if the desired domain is unavailable. Reseller cost of domain names are really expensive.
Tim Vahsholtz | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoDaddy is our "go to" hosting provider for our clients, as well as our own business sites. The up time is terrific, (I'd argue close to 99%), and the support is terrific as well. Website setup is easy (quite a bit easier over the last year, versus 8 years ago) when it comes to WordPress website initiation. When our clients have email account needs, or SSL certificate needs, we can always call GoDaddy support to help us quickly set up those accounts. Once or twice over the last eight years, we have had a malware situation on our hands, and GoDaddy again was able to work with us to quickly assess the issue and offer a quick solution. I even have my specific GoDaddy specialist I can call when I need specific help.
  • Near 100% up time.
  • 24 hour customer support.
  • Great deals on hosting and domains (especially for new clients).
  • Full range of services, including hosting, domains, email, SSL, Outlook, Microsoft.
  • The dashboard, revised for simplicity, is hard to navigate for folks like us that need to easily find DNS settings and be able to change specific aspects of hosting and domains.
  • GoDaddy sends out emails to my clients telling them they are using up all the allotted memory for the site and suggests they up the hosting package. I am not sure this is true, as my client sites generally do not have considerable amounts of web traffic.
  • I'd like to see a tier of GoDaddy representatives that are for professional questions and problems.
Overall, GoDaddy is great. Every time I have a client that is on another hosting provider, we have nothing but trouble. I know that if we have any issues, GoDaddy will take care of them. Sometimes it will take talking to more than one person, but once the issues are solved, we are good. And, the uptime is really close to 100%.
Erin Ruoff | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GoDaddy.com for our hosting and to buy domains for our personal business and for all of our clients too. It is used across the whole organization. We need a host and domain search we can trust, and GoDaddy does just that. They are a trusted company to buy domains and add hosting.
  • Hosting - trusted and great customer service.
  • Domain search
  • Domain purchasing
  • Web Security - sometimes hackers can get through and they are a little late alerting us. Besides that, they're great!
  • Long customer service wait times on occasion.
If you need to buy a domain then GoDaddy is the only option. Hosting is the same. We've had clients go to "new & shiny" hosting sites with reviews from affiliates but they are awful. Stick with a good, solid company like GoDaddy for hosting and to purchase your domain.
Renea Hanks | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GoDaddy as registrar for many companies which I have consulted. They are my choice as far as registering a domain.
It is super easy for the novice. I like to use GoDaddy because they are fast, easy to implement, and when passed along to my client,
easy to work with support. Their support is unparalleled.
  • Support. Their customer support staff members are easy to understand and to communicate with. They are helpful and very knowledgeable with their platform. If they cannot handle your call directly, they do not waste your time. They will pass the call to someone who can handle it.
  • Efficient. Everything is right there and easy to understand. Once again, you don't have to waste time to navigate through their platform.
  • Helpfulness. They know what the customer needs and they deliver on their needs.
  • Up-selling. I would like to see a more clean interface when purchasing. Even with someone who has used GoDaddy for 15 years, at times, I have to watch closely so I make sure I am only getting what is needed at the time.
  • Marketing. I would like to see more marketing done in my email not when I am purchasing.
  • Make decision making easier. For the novice, I can see where they would easily buy a bunch of things they don't even know how to use.
GoDaddy is very well suited for:

1. Registering a domain.
  2. First time business owners.
  3. Someone with little to no knowledge of online business/presence
  4. People looking to save money
  5. People with small budgets
  6. People that need cheap hosting and cannot afford to do it alone.
GoDaddy is not well suited for people that have a problem saying no or think they should purchase everything they are offered.
Swati Nagda | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used for my eCommerce website domain and hosting.
  • Product price
  • Security
  • Customer support
  • Earlier it was for customer support but they have improved now
Godaddy is an affordable and reliable source for domains and website hosting. Their customer support was weak earlier but now they are pretty good in customer support. They have good price and website building options. All of their products are strongly secured, and they update buyers whenever attention is required. We can confidently recommend Godaddy.
February 09, 2018

Stay away from GoDaddy!

Nikkii Kashub | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used GoDaddy as our primary website provider. It was used as our primary platform to reach out to all of our customers, bring in new customers, and educate people about our services.
  • GoDaddy offers name brand awareness
  • GoDaddy is difficult to use.
  • Does not look professional.
  • Customer services is lacking and very expensive.
  • It was very difficult to make simple changes on my own and I have a background in HTML.
I would never use GoDaddy again. It felt as if they were purposely making their product difficult to use so that people would call into support and pay their astronomical support fees to have a simple adjustment made.