Gong.io Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

alim mukhida profile photo
November 13, 2019

Gong.io Review

Gong.io is being used in our commercial and field sales teams. It is only being used within the sales arm of the organization, however, there is a plan of extending it to the customer success, support, and launch teams to give them more insight into the customer's buying journey. It allows us to keep track of calls with our customers and identify key insights throughout the buying process.
  • Recording your calls and provides an easy interface to skip throughout the call
  • Provides actionable insights into the calls
  • Archives all of the calls allowing you to access them whenever you need
  • Instead of saying certain stats are against industry-standard, giving some sort of deviation to the industry standard as it relates to call statistics
  • Transcribe text better. I often find words completely out of context
  • Stop sending me an email about my recorded calls every morning
Gong.io is very well suited for anybody who has to relate to the sales function of an organization. This includes but is not limited to Customer Success i.e. when a closed-won is being passed over to support, they can hear the call a sales rep has had with them and pass it over or a launch specialist so they have a firm understanding of the vision that was painted for the client.

It is not well suited for marketing based organizations that don't put as much stock into sales or quarterly targets.
Read alim mukhida's full review
Kelly Wasden profile photo
October 07, 2019

Gong.io - Just use it.

Gong.io was initially introduced to the Sales org. We found this solution to be the most efficient and effective platform out there for getting feedback, diving into specific calls without the hassle of downloading, sharing, time stamping and creating unnecessary space on your computers which could then be a security risk depending on what is being discussed. Gong.io provided a slick platform for constant feedback/coaching on calls that allows teams and individuals the chance to listen with a fresh perspective and learn what is working and what isn't and the adjust accordingly saving managers 2-3 meetings a week!
  • Simple
  • Easy
  • Effective
  • Intuitive
  • Cost
  • Adoption
  • Training
Gong.io is PERFECT for sales teams and even for CS/ADM teams looking to understand what is working to get appointments and help make customers happy. The platform can analyze calls and determine tone and how it impacts the overall conversation leading to a new appointment being scheduled or a deal closed.
Read Kelly Wasden's full review
Gong.io is being used by our SMB sales department, which is composed of a team of 20. Right now all our calls are recorded in Gong.io, in which the team and our managers use it to track and monitor performance metrics in relation to our business goals.
  • Gong.io does a great job of transcribing your call into notes and identifying key components of your conversation, ie. Business need discovery, Next steps, Products.
  • Does a good job of pooling all your teams calls into one place so you can see everyone's call activity.
  • Does great screen recordings.
  • Not good at hopping or joining calls that are scheduled last-minute.
  • The UI is not the best.
  • Some of the metrics are not relatable.
Gong.io is well suited in a call-heavy sales cycle where it can be used as a transcriber, and for customer success to identify trends in tone and conversation.
October 17, 2019

Gong.io Review

It is used by the sales team. Managers use it for coaching and to be able to get insights into rep's calls. Reps use it to analyze their calls to keep track of and have a recorded record of what they are doing and also to learn from past calls and insights provided by Gong.
  • Recording calls.
  • Feedback.
  • Easy to use.
  • Transcripts of calls.
  • Deeper insights into how to improve calls.
  • Some industry metrics and comparisons.
Gong.io is great for managers and leaders to help assist in coaching, and it is fantastic for reps who need to record calls as well as those who want to learn and improve skills.
Gong.io is just being used by our sales team. We're using it to record calls, better understand what top reps are saying, and benchmark our conversations against others on our teams.
  • Recording - automatically enters all of our conversations on SalesLoft, Google Hangouts, or GoToMeeting
  • Transcripts calls - breaks down important topics that were discussed
  • Identifies when the prospect is taking VS sales representatives and gives us insight into how to improve our calls
  • Coaching can be a little confusing
Best for a junior sales team with little guidance.
Gong.io is being used in our organization by our sales teams to help dissect our discovery calls and demos. We also use it as a recorder to share our demos with prospects. Sales reps use it to listen back to calls and Gong.io very nicely transcribes the entire conversation making it easy to find certain parts of the call with keywords searches. Our managers use it for sales enablements for our reps.
  • Gong.io transcribes conversations very nicely so that you can see word by word the entire conversation you had with a prospect
  • Gong.io connects to our GoToMeeting and Google Hangouts calls and is always recording in the background
  • Gong.io makes it easy to search for certain keywords like when pricing is mentioned or when a competitor is mentioned
  • Gong.io at times does not connect right away to our video conferencing software
  • Gong.io's analytics are useful but a bit limited in terms of sentiment analysis
  • Gong.io's transcribed calls are not always perfect which can lead to a bit of confusion unless you remember the context around that part of the conversation
Gong.io is very well suited for organizations who are in low to middle-maturity and are looking to perfect their sales teams discovery and demo calls. It is very helpful for reps who want to study their calls and for managers to have a granular look into their reps' calls. Managers can easily look for calls by tags applied via Gong.io, like when a competitor is mentioned or pricing negotiations to pinpoint certain aspects of the sales process.

For very large organizations that are very mature, Gong.io is not as applicable.
June 21, 2019

A look at Gong

We use Gong for the tracking and review of all customer and prospect discussions. Multiple departments have access in order to share raw information. The biggest issue it solves is reserving information that was not originally extracted from a call that can be reviewed at a later time. Great for poor note takers.
  • Transcription allows for targeted searching within call
  • Counts certain words for analysis
  • Shows when individuals are talking at points in the call to allow skipping
  • Occasionally it does not record...unsure why
  • API to calendar can sometimes act up
  • I would like to see an integration with Salesforce
Gong is great for when you would like to record a phone call. Having the information on hand afterwards allows you to review the call again and make sure that nothing has been missed. Without this I personally wouldn't be able to focus as needed on the call at hand while it is happening.
Gong is being used primarily by sales. Our company also uses it across our customer success/account management team. With Gong, we are making sure the company's message is being portrayed accurately and also helping us with training.
  • Mobile App. The mobile app is extremely convenient because you can listen to calls on the go. For me, I listen to calls on my commute and it makes life much easier.
  • It automatically translates calls to text. You can quickly search calls by words, phrases, or anything mentioned during the call.
  • Gong still blows me away with how fast and accurate they translate calls and make them available after the call. I can't think of a single thing that Gong doesn't address.
I think it's best suited to large growing sales teams. It is so useful for training and onboarding new reps. They can listen to sales calls on their own time and get up to speed with the messaging and how to pitch or objection handle. It might not be best for smaller teams as the investment may be too much for the benefit. I still think everyone can benefit from Gong because you can listen to yourself on all your sales calls and critique and improve your pitch.
We used Gong not only as a call recording software, but also for call sharing, coaching, transcripts, enablement, and resource library. We used it only in the sales department and used it as a replacement for a similar product with less functionality. The feedback functionality was the best feature of the product.
  • Feedback with analytics and team comparisons.
  • Accuracy of transcripts
  • Ease of sharing functionality
  • I didn’t care for how Gong was displayed as a participant in each call.
This is a dream feedback platform for managers and sales teams alike! Businesses where demos and high call volumes from their reps would benefit the most from this platform. Of course, analytics are only as good as you use them, so it’s important to review them regularly to maximize the benefit of this product.
Lisa Wyse profile photo
April 05, 2019

Gong.io Life

Gong.io is being used across the whole sales department. I am new to my company and Gong.io has been a real game changer. I love listening to demos/calls on my commute to work from top performers. I also love that I can tag my manager in parts of my calls and have her give me feedback. Gong.io has helped me ramp up a lot quicker, with the ability to search for all of our product offerings and listen to specific parts of those calls where reps are pitching that product line. This has allowed me to resort to Gong.io for a lot of my sales related questions versus asking people on my team what they would say in certain situations.
  • Gong.io has helped me ramp up a lot quicker with the ability to search for all of our product offerings and listen to specific parts of those calls where reps are pitching that product line.
  • Gong has allowed me to easily get feedback from my manager and track my progress.
  • I love the app and the ability the listen to Gong.io on my commute and prep for calls on the way to work.
  • I wish I could easily move the date on calls I schedule in Gong.io without having to delete them and reschedule them.
  • I wish the call recording warning pop up would be a little shorter.
  • I wish I could delete recorded calls that were never calls at all.
I think Gong.io is great for any sales team, especially when you don't have managers that can give 100% of their time to teach you everything. It is also super helpful for learning different industries, competitors, and product lines by listening to other calls. I can't think of where it might not be appropriate. Maybe for sales organizations that are very transnational, one call closes, and don't do any type of demo.
Read Lisa Wyse's full review
Andy Chu profile photo
January 23, 2019

Gong.io is Good!

While I don't use Gong.io personally, I am the admin for the software at my company and I provide support to the users. Recording calls with Gong.io has given us a lot of benefits, most notably the ability for the CRO and Head of Sales to listen to the Account Executives' calls. This gives them an opportunity to coach the sellers on very specific things with concrete evidence, as opposed to simply reading email conversations. The transparency Gong.io provides makes our sellers more accountable, which results in improved pitches/performance.
  • Quality of recording is good
  • The speech to text could be more accurate
Gong.io is good for recording calls so that others can replay them later. It also does a good job of segmenting the recording so that the listener can skim through, knowing which parts are important. For example, if the Head of Sales is only curious about where the price is going to land, he can skip ahead to the exact moment when pricing is being discussed.
Read Andy Chu's full review
Brad Wilkerson profile photo
January 07, 2019

Gong.io is the best

Our sales team uses Gong.io (both Account Executives and Sales Development Reps). We use it to record all our calls so that we can go back and listen to them for coaching, reviewing previous calls in the sales process, training, SDRs tracking opportunities they set up, and remembering action items.
  • Picking out topics addressed in calls.
  • Pulling out action items discussed.
  • Tracking talk time %.
  • Topics discussed are not always accurate.
Gong.io is great for any organization that wants to have sales or support calls recorded and cataloged for future reference. We use it for coaching as well as for reps reviewing their own calls to remember things that they had discussed. It helps me prepare for future calls with companies I haven't talked to in a while.
Read Brad Wilkerson's full review
Michelle Nguyen profile photo
March 26, 2019

Gong review

It is being used throughout all organization. The problems it address is feedback. So we can see what terminology and techniques can be said during a call. It can detect specific topics and guide the listening and user throughout the entirety of the call. It is very user friendly!
  • Pinpoints specific target words
  • You can see the talk time ratio
  • You can search specific words
  • Sometimes the name of the account is wrong
It is absolutely well suited in a sales setting. Listening to other representatives during the Gong calls makes it easy to learn about weaknesses and or strengths.
Read Michelle Nguyen's full review
Gong.io is being utilized across all departments in our organization. It is invaluable to our sales team, as it provides insights that would otherwise be nearly impossible to analyze as easily as Gong.io makes it. Instead of having to be right there listening to the sales team make pitches and taking notes on where to improve, Gong.io calculates that already and provides user-friendly analytics that have increased our procedure exponentially. In other internal meetings the recordings provide a way to reference specific topics without having to search through each call frame by frame, second by second. I would recommend Gong.io to anyone who would like to grow and organize their business.
  • Insights into speaking patterns. Being able to see if you need to be more patient or ask more questions is necessary for our sales department.
  • Capturing different topics of conversation. No one wants to have to listen to a 45 minute meeting just to find the snippet of conversation wherein a particular topic came up for just a few moments.
  • Being able to then clip a recording in order to send only the pertinent information to either the client or internally.
  • The ability to organize by team so that only the proper people are able to view their analytics at any given time. It allows for specialized improvements and more exact analytics for each department.
  • The only thing that was a bit of an issue for me and my team was that currently if the client is speaking and the person on my team holding the meeting says so much as an "mhm" during the dialogue, it is calculated as cutting off the original speaker, thus lowering their patience percentage calculated.
If you have a sales team and do not use Gong.io you are doing yourself a disservice. The analytics are a necessary tool, and I'm honestly not sure how we were able to do comprehensive and ongoing training prior to our utilization of Gong.io. It would only be less appropriate if your business does not hold meetings online.
April 05, 2019

Gong.io for the win!

Currently, Gong.io is being used with our sales and marketing department. I specifically use it to see what trends there are on calls, for self-training (by listening to other calls) as well as for tracking notes/actions. The analytics help us as a team see more as well -- understanding what the heavy topics are and which ones we're missing.
  • Trackers. This is super helpful. Provides insight quickly into points of interest, timing, etc.
  • Action Items. Being able to quickly compare what actions on the call vs. your notes make sure you don't miss anything.
  • Search. Being able to search for keywords, phrases, etc helps you get to the part of the call you're looking to review much faster.
  • Searching for calls is not always great -- it doesn't always tag the call with the correct company name.
Very well suited for sales teams. Might not be suited for support teams, but I could see maybe some analytics benefit from it.
We currently use Gong to: review sales calls and coach our reps, review training calls and coach our customer success team, and share prospect and customer feedback with the product team. Gong helps our sales team be more consistent with the way we consult with prospects and present our solution. It's been really helpful in onboarding new reps. New reps can listen to Gong recordings and hear how our top reps handle specific scenarios.
  • It's easy to use. Gong joins our calls automatically so we don't have to alter our process.
  • Gong provides coaching and guidance around metrics that matter—talk time, interactivity, longest rep monologues, etc.
  • Gong allows us to share call recordings with customers.
  • I can't think of any cons.
Gong is great for sales training. If you want to know why one rep is a high performer and why another rep is a low performer all you need to do is review their calls and stats. We even started reviewing the number of calls that reps are listening to as a way to evaluate if reps are doing the extra work required to improve their sales skills.
We use it for sales insight to transcribe and record calls to allow us additional insight into customer conversations.
  • Transcribes
  • Records
  • Searchability
  • There was a brief moment of downtime the other day.
Well suited for transcribing calls, listening to more experienced sales professionals, specific objection handling examples, searching calls for specific quotes.
Chris Hamborsky profile photo
Gong.io is used to record calls so we can take better notes and review our performance on the phone. It's primarily used by the sales department. The primary value of Gong is that it gives us the opportunity to better review our calls and really drill down into areas where we might need improvement. This has proven to be an invaluable part of our development as sales professionals. Furthermore, Gong allows us to listen to calls so we can go back, take more in-depth notes, and ultimately better relate to our prospects and fulfill customer needs. It's a great tool that I'd recommend to any organization that relies heavily on phone sales.
  • Usability - It integrates into our meeting software seamlessly and works in the background, not requiring any work or direction from the user. Makes it very simple and easy from a user perspective.
  • Functionality - Records calls in good quality and offers speech analysis which highlights certain key words or filler words.
  • I think they could make it a bit simpler to upload a recording made on another app or software to the Gong system. This is possible, but it isn't immediately clear how to do this.
  • Though it happens pretty quickly, having the completed and analyzed recording sooner after the call would be nice. It sometimes takes 20-30 minutes to get the email notification that your recording is ready for review. Again, not a big problem at all, but would be helpful.
Gong.io is great for any organization that has customer facing calls on a regular basis. It's an amazing tool for improved note-taking and overall customer-facing/sales skills. Very pleased that my organization decided to invest in Gong.io
Read Chris Hamborsky's full review
Gong.io is currently being used in all interactions with prospects and customers. Recently, the company started using Gong.io in a number of our internal meetings for sake of ease in distributing the recordings for those who may have been absent. We can easily transcribe calls, provide recordings to the customers, receive feedback from management, and improve our skill set by leveraging the technology.
  • Easy to use and implement for recurring calls.
  • Easy to distribute recordings. No more converting files or uploading to Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
  • Easy to solicit feedback internally and therefore improve skill set.
  • The transcribing can use a bit of work. I understand it's not easy to do, but occasionally there are paragraphs at a time that make little to no sense, unless you were on the call / in the meeting.
  • The video is often a bit grainy. Typically this isn't an issue if you understand the context of what's taking place on the call, but if you're attempting to read anything that's not size 28 font on a PowerPoint slide, then good luck.
  • The recordings typically reflect all of the individual lines that are dialed into the calls, but they do not differentiate between multiple people on the same line. Better voice recognition could likely identify how many folks are actually participating in the meeting, making it a bit easier to sift through the recordings for the bits of information that you're looking for from a particular individual.
Areas in which Gong.io is well suited:
  • Call coaching
  • Self-evaluations
  • Referencing calls retroactively
  • Creating a repository of internal meetings
  • Distributing calls across your client base
Brett Soucy profile photo
July 31, 2017

Hit the GONG more!

Used for Call Coaching by our Sales and Customer Success teams. This is what we need to help people get at least 1% better every day by making coaching easier and more strategic.
  • Ease of scheduling -- get alerts on specific types of calls and/or have reps send you calls to review.
  • Track when "competitors" or "price" issues are at hand and automate coaching for those calls.
  • Listen to the calls that matter the MOST vs finding the needle in the haystack.
  • Having an app vs the web version would be a big help.
  • Sometimes it's tough to track specific words like competitors or redundant words you may want to cut out.
Anytime that calling is in your culture and you are focused on trying to get better, there is a fit for Gong. I think the most important part is to leverage Gong to listen to the most relevant calls to help your team(s) progress.
Read Brett Soucy's full review
Mike Lambert profile photo
Today, we use Gong to record every scheduled conference call that a sales rep has each day for coaching and messaging review.
  • Converts the call into a transcript to better search for keywords.
  • Represents the call visually so you don't have to listen to the entire call.
  • Allows you to watch the WebEx as part of the call.
  • It's in the works, but the main thing missing is a native mobile app.
I think it could also be used in customer success and not only as a sales tool.
Read Mike Lambert's full review

About Gong.io

Gong.io is a revenue intelligence platform for B2B sales teams. The product captures every sales conversation, understands the content of those conversations, and deliver insights to help your business win its unfair share of the market.

Gong.io Integrations