Gong.io Reviews

Daniel Sale | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 20, 2020

Ring the Gong! Great tool for internal business call recording and review.

Our company uses Gong to ensure quality of sales calls, and provides feedback from Department Manager - Account Manager for training and to ensure consistency across the company. Gong is vital to allowing managers to review calls and address issues in real-time and to identify trends across accounts to make adjustments to align with our company's overall mission statement.
  • Identifies which user is speaking, tools to skip to next speaker easily.
  • Easy scoring tools for managers to review calls and provide feedback to users.
  • Auto-generated text transcripts which can be searched to identify key points in a conversation.
  • Recorded call quality can sometimes be poor. (Difficult to understand.)
Gong has been great for our business, which requires regular screening of calls to ensure we are consistent across our messaging with clients. Managers can provide feedback to users through a 1-10 and 5 Star rating system, and invite feedback and questions directly in the interface. Gong works great for this purpose!
Read Daniel Sale's full review
Simon Bardrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 10, 2020

Let there be light on what Sales are saying

Gong conversations are listened to, analyzed, then resulting actions taken across our organization. The Product team wants to know what functions customers are asking for or emphasized by sales and how the market reacts to releases. Marketing observes to see if their messages and campaigns are working and well-positioned for our audiences. And of course, Sales can ensure that they are following best practices, psychology and hence their training is practical to sell.
  • Listening out for keywords used by customers and sales reps.
  • Share customer perspectives across the organisation.
  • Making sure our people are on-message and consistent with our services value.
  • The time for Gong to analyze calls could be faster.
  • The timing of the "this call is being recorded" message.
  • The quality of call transcriptions needs to improve & learn better.
Ensuring by monitoring conversations with customers, that all disciplines and stakeholders of product campaigns are aligned and thus speaking the same language.
Read Simon Bardrick's full review
Tavi Carvajal | TrustRadius Reviewer

Excellent Tool

I use Gong.io mainly to help, assist and train my team on their call performance. I also use it for any call that requires escalation as I personally use this tool also. I find the snippets and track words to look into the information that I need. It helps me to save time and work more efficiently.
  • Training calls.
  • Provide feedback.
  • Transcript documentation.
  • Escalation calls.
  • New deals.
  • Library.
  • Stats.
The best feature that Gong has is the ability to look at trackers and to look at specific words that we are trying to identify. (Like Cancelation, Refund, Bug, etc.) They have a Deals tab that I assume is in beta because it's practically useless. Also, their library can be simplified, is a little hard to get trained in all the platform features.
Read Tavi Carvajal's full review
Ben Butler | TrustRadius Reviewer

I love Gong

The entire sales org uses it to record client conversations to help new reps ramp and current reps improve. It helps speed up the sales cycle and make follow-ups more relevant.
  • Easy to use.
  • Good reporting.
  • Transcribes call notes for easy review.
  • Link to SFDC accounts better.
  • Better mobile app.
  • Make easier to add to last minute calls.
It is well suited for every call and is a must-have. I get upset when I don't have a call recorded.
Read Ben Butler's full review
Cristina Pretto | TrustRadius Reviewer

Sales Rep lovin Gong.io

We use Gong.io in Sales and Go To Market teams but many parts of the organization have access upon request. We use it to address how our team is presenting our products and to work on sales rep workshops on a weekly/daily basis.
  • Reporting success to management through tangible proof.
  • Helping remember what happened in calls.
  • Showing where you could be improving and being compared to market standard.
  • No ability to delete a section of a call (with valid reason: didn't know camera was on, 20 minutes waiting for someone to show up).
  • Sometimes Gong will show and display my screen even when I don't make a screen share.
  • Inconsistent when it introduces itself.
I think it's a great tool and gives me transparency with my director.
Read Cristina Pretto's full review
David Harris (DJ) | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Great for improving coach sessions

We use Gong to monitor our sales calls and through 1 on 1 coaching, provide in-depth details on our sales performance—call quality and where we can improve and where we are doing great. It greatly helps me to look at how much I'm talking while on a sales call and how I could to improve the conversation.
  • Analytics
  • In depth observations
  • Great for managers
  • Not always the best call playback
  • Would be nice if it could make suggestions rather than just present data.
Well suited for managers to analyze their team's calls and improve coaching sessions.
Read David Harris (DJ)'s full review
Ariel Ezekiel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Business Development Manager

I have been using Gong for almost half a year and it has been very helpful. I use it to review calls made by my team of business development reps. It's used as a coaching tool as well as a way to share notes with the sales directors that we set calls up for.
  • Review calls
  • Pick up on notes that may have been missed.
  • Coaching
  • Process calls faster
It is perfect for call review sessions with my BDR team. I use it to coach my BDRs and allows me to give helpful suggestions to help them get better on the phones. It is also used to pick up on things that may have not have been written down as initial notes.
Read Ariel Ezekiel's full review
Rafay Khalid | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Gong: More than just a coaching tool!

Gong is being used by the complete Sales Team. It helps our agents in Sales to understand how they are on the calls and how they can stop making common mistakes commonly to achieve better results! I only started working with Gong last year and it has a very comprehensive database to analyze everything going on over the past few days or months. It shows what you have been emphasized, your talk ratio with your customer, and the best thing is it actually shows comparison via the team or the org.
  • In-depth analysis of keywords used during a call.
  • Talk ratio comparison between industry standards and peers.
  • Coaching provided on calls is amazing and multiple people can comment with a history to view what has been said.
  • Calls can be tagged and shared with team.
  • Updating calls in Gong quickly.
  • Ability to be able to see filters to view colleagues or agents which are not just bottom or top of particular strength.
  • An even better user-friendly Interface.
I have been a sales professional for 10+ years, and before using Gong I was not aware something like this existed with automated coaching. Sales professionals would spend time listening to their agent's calls and identifying their weak points and strengths. This would not only be time-consuming but monotonous at times. With Gong, it breaks your time in half by automatically showing you who needs improvement by viewing their talk ratio compared to others. Hence, making coaching easier and in a more educated approach which would show logical explanation. Love it!
Read Rafay Khalid's full review
Cassandra Liska | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Coaching Tool!

Gong.io is being used as a coaching tool across our SDR, AE, and AM teams. It's really helpful to review real-life customer conversations and easily provide feedback to the team.
  • Automatic recording of calls.
  • Tagging of keywords or phrases.
  • Highlighting percentage of listening time vs. talking time.
  • @mention feature to share notes and feedback.
  • I realize the recording announcement is necessary but it can be awkward on a customer call. Perhaps if it was quieter or didn't chime in immediately that would be better.
  • I would love it if it sent coaching emails and progress updates about how you're improving— listening more, not using filler words, etc.
  • More integrations
In any scenario where a manager has time to review calls and coach their team, I would recommend it.
It may be less appropriate when there isn't someone to own the review calls unless you're confident in your team's ability to self-review.
Read Cassandra Liska's full review
Chris Tripoli | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Gong increases the efficiency and effectiveness of my sales team

We are leveraging Gong to help build the skills and competencies of our direct sellers, and free up time for managers. Our sellers are learning to sell new products due to an acquisition. Reps can see how the top sellers run their sales cycles for the acquired offerings to learn quicker. We are also using the tool to help onboard new hirings, by providing a library of sales calls to learn from.

As a manager, Gong allows me to coach at my convenience. I can listen to my rep's calls on the way to work at 2x speed and provide feedback through the platform.

We also have a team selling motion, and often times bring in SME's in the later stages of sales cycles. Rather than the reps recapping what the prospect stated to SME's, we can send clips of the conversations so they can hear the background directly from the prospect.
  • Seamlessly integrates into our workflows.
  • Enables growth and development of sellers.
  • Maximizes productivity of sales managers.
  • Ensures no details get lost from conversations.
  • Our company has not turned on all features of Gong.
  • Enablement of sellers and front line sales managers.
  • Operational improvements by better understanding deal cycles.
  • Strategic decision making based on real-time data from prospects and customers.
Read Chris Tripoli's full review
Shaun Baram | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

A must-have for any enterprise SaaS sales team!

Currently, we use Gong across most of the organization. Mainly within our sales and implementation team for call reviews, sending prospects demos, and also to record training sessions/webinars for prospects and clients. The rest of the company will use to get an idea of our calls and interactions with customers and learn more about our product from real demos.
  • Integrations with Zoom, Salesforce, Mobile, and more.
  • Detailed AI feedback.
  • Easy to use and learn (really no learning curve).
  • Recorded for Zoom will not always catch the call if you move the time.
  • Transcript is not always accurate.
Gong.io is great as a reference point to go back to calls and demos when you have a long sales cycle with a prospect.
Read Shaun Baram's full review
April Jenks | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Gong.io is a great add-on for sales coaching and insights

We use Gong for recording calls for the entire sales org to help elevate customer conversations. It is also used as one data point on if reps are using certain language, around events we promote or new positioning we are adopting. It is discussed in team and sales org-wide meetings to give kudos or have conversations around how we can talking about strategies differently.
  • Call stats.
  • Call transcription.
  • Integration with Highspot.
  • Your sales organization has to be committed to using it and looking at it, otherwise, it is shelf-ware.
  • The analytics could be more actionable.
  • The team stack rates on certain call features like patience/duration are great, but I want more.
Gong.io is a great add-on for sales coaching and training and checking for the stickiness of training and positioning. But it is one slice of the functionality needed for a sales team. You still need a conference bridge, CRM, CMS, and maybe LMS and a way to marry the analytics in Gong.io to things like quota attainment and the company-wide initiatives a company is driving towards.
Read April Jenks's full review
Kelley Ployhar | TrustRadius Reviewer

Account Executive Review

We record all of our customer calls with permission. We use the tool in many different ways. One of the best uses is for new hires. As a new hire, I was able to log in and listen to my peers call and learn from the best. I've also been able to use the tool to better my performance. My manager and team can listen back to calls and let me know where I can improve.
  • Areas of improvement.
  • Breaking down the call.
  • Analytics.
  • It can sometimes mishear things.
  • Searching calls can be a bit difficult.
  • Better organization with the call library.
I believe Gong is a great tool for all business sizes and industries. It's a tool where everything is recorded, but also capable to better yourself.
Read Kelley Ployhar's full review
Michael B. Craig | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Sales should be done with Gong.io as your close partner!

Our sales, marketing, product, and client success teams all love Gong.io - Each department has unique and specific reasons for using Gong and the value they derive. But one thing is certain - we are a much better organization for having Gong.io in our tech stack. Sales, marketing, and product teams use it - this is like watching a film. Our reps are onboarded and learn much quicker. They evaluate and "watch the tape" to improve. It's awesome. They don't have to join in on sales calls or attend numerous events. They can study up at their convenience.
  • Onboarding customer-facing employees and getting them up to speed with our clients and industries.
  • Improving close rates with sales teams at every stage of the sales process.
  • Data intelligence - It's just so easy to diagnose and troubleshoot client or prospect interactions with Gong.io.
  • I would love it to integrate into Outreach.io. It probably does, but we just haven't figured it out yet.
  • Extracting value is fast and wonderful, but there are so many other layers of value I feel like Gong.io could provide. The roadmap to getting there is a little daunting and our CSM isn't super proactive in helping us get there.
If you want to close more business -- make Gong.io part of your organizational DNA.
Read Michael B. Craig's full review
Jack Carlson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Gong.io Review

I work in the sales office. We use it to record all of our calls, and that is super helpful for me as a BDR who is new to calls. I like to listen to other people's calls for learning experiences, and also my manager can listen and coach me. It addresses the business problem of coaching and development, and also really helps you prepare for future calls/take notes.
  • The overall quality and sound is always pretty clear. It records pretty clear.
  • The overall platform is very user-friendly. I like the layout and the organization such as folders, your calls, and searching for others.
  • The transcripts are nice to look through.
  • Sometimes the transcripts are a little off, so it is hard to find words or phrases.
  • Sometimes I will search an old call I had with a person, and when I manually search it, it won't come up. I'll have to scroll through all my calls to the date it was and find it. That is really unfortunate because I cannot just search and find the call with key words sometimes.
Gong.io is well suited for sales, workshops with the sales team, personal use, CRM purposes (using for notes/takeaways), coaching, and development.
Read Jack Carlson's full review
Noah Singer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Gong, ga gong gong gong. It's as hot as the Sisqo hit from 1999

Gong is used across departments. We had a problem with a game of telephone, via the Sales and Customer Support Team. "So and so said they need this feature. But really, after using Gong and the powerful features within it, the Product Team found out they wanted to solve a specific problem, and we're jumping to the solution. We found a much better way to solve their root problem, not just what they were asking for.
  • Transcribe calls, then trigger notifications of key words to the product team.
  • Run reports of how often a specific integration is mentioned.
  • When a trigger word is said automatically put that call in a specific folder.
It is a tool we can't work without. Well, we could, but our decision making wouldn't be nearly as good.
Read Noah Singer's full review
Allan Cepeda, MS, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Gong helps me close more business

We use Gong to record all of our demos via Zoom conference calls. It is mostly used in sales calls so we can review them later and get meaningful metrics on how we can improve our sales pitch, ask better questions and really focus on what's important to our prospects. When I review my calls, I always find places I can improve and close more business.
  • Transcribing calls.
  • Giving talk ratios so I talk less and listen more.
  • Allows me to forward to the important parts of the conversation.
  • Possibly a better overview of each call.
  • Historical trends to see where I can improve.
  • Reminders before each call on what to work on based on past calls.
I think the best part is my manager, who is stretched thin, can listen to my calls and give me detailed coaching points to improve.
Read Allan Cepeda, MS, MBA's full review
Daniel McCarthy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Initial thoughts from Sales Enablement

It is being used by the Enterprise Sales organization, but we're opening it up to the entire organization for listening purposes. We use it to understand what our customers ask during the sales process, career development and sales coaching opportunities, and org-wide initiatives.
  • Coaching - having the ability to give feedback directly on the call is very valuable.
  • Tracking questions and action items - Gong pulls the action items and questions asked during the conversation so simply.
  • Measuring performance - we're going to use Scorecards for identifying what looks good to increase the onboarding velocity.
  • There is some trickiness with getting the call set up so we're using the consent form. That process would ideally be seamless and takes the pressure off of the Sales person to say the call is being recorded.
Well, in my role having this data is fantastic, so people in this industry should absolutely use Gong, or something similar. If it is in another group, like Marketing, I wouldn't necessarily recommend. It depends on each team use case.
Read Daniel McCarthy's full review
Christopher Gomes | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Gong: Not just for sales teams

We use Gong across our entire organization to record customer and prospect calls. It helps us record, transcribe, and learn from key conversations. As a completely remote company that does everything over Zoom, it helps us build alignment.
  • Recording sales calls so we can coach sales team members after.
  • Transcribing calls so product team can search for keywords ("Who asked for that feature again?").
  • Highlighting who was speaking when so we can ensure we're asking open-ended discovery questions.
  • Minor, but sharing snippets of calls with team members can be a little clunky.
  • Minor, but finding calls in a library of thousands of calls is sometimes clunky - can't always find what i'm looking for.
Our sales team relies heavily on Gong. As a Product Manager for a B2B SaaS product, I also rely heavily on Gong to record customer discovery calls, listen to calls that I missed to better understand our customer, and to share snippets with team members to help everyone better understand our customer and the problems we're solving for them.

It's not perfectly suited for high-fidelity recording, sometimes I've used it to document bugs or create instructional recordings, but the videos are compressed so it can be hard to see the screen. Better to use QuickTime for that.
Read Christopher Gomes's full review
Ron Toth | TrustRadius Reviewer

Amazing Software - a must-have for anyone in sales

Our entire sales team uses Gong. It allows us to record every call and pass them on to the team. This allows us to hear good calls, bad calls and learn what we could have said differently moving forward. It also helps out immensely with training new staff. Instead of hearing one perspective they now have the ability to hear the entire back and forth.
  • It allows your team to be present on a call and not have to constantly stop to look down and take notes.
  • It allows you to share the call out to clients so they can pass it on to other stakeholders who weren't able to make the initial call. This helps in that you don't need multiple calls when before you did.
  • As a sales person, you know what you missed. We have an initial discovery call followed by the demo. We can prep for the demo by listening again and know what information we missed.
  • Nothing really. There is a feature that you can read the transcript and this isn't always exact. Would be nicer if it transcribed a little more effectively.
Anytime you are dealing with clients, it's useful. There is really no downside. Anyone who wants to learn to get better, or is a manager and wants to better manage their team should use Gong. After using it for almost two years, I can't imagine having sales calls that weren't recorded on Gong.
Read Ron Toth's full review
Alex Schofield | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Gong.io helping our sales team

Gong.io has been used by the sales team here, and is being used for coaching purposes. It helps us identify trends in our talk tracks, and how we can improve our process going forward. Also, it's been paramount in helping with follow-up with prospects, and the deal verification process.
  • Identify key words.
  • Improve questions.
  • Next steps outlined.
  • Sharing recordings.
  • More accurate transcriptions.
  • Listening to calls being recorded - the lag is pretty significant.
  • Different talk ratio recommendations based on the type of call (demo vs disco).
Gong.io is very well suited for demos and discovery calls. The reviews and insights are incredibly helpful when trying to learn and improve not only my own talk track, but coach my colleagues.
Read Alex Schofield's full review
Rob Culross | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Gong.io is a solid choice to record and review calls

We use Gong.io across multiple departments to capture calls with prospects and customers. With Gong.io auto-joining calls we know that we will never miss a recording or run out of space to store our recordings. It provides a great perspective on calls during the sales cycle as well as calls from implementation. Instead of just reading someone else's notes, you can listen to the exact context of a call.
  • Transcription.
  • Detailed playback with roles.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • Better tagging of calls.
  • Improved transcription.
  • Have AI tagging support more than just sales.
Gong.io has made my life easier when it comes to recording calls, looking for topics, and searching transcripts for keywords that guide me to important sections of a call. It is very easy to record a call as well as listening back to it. I can easily share a full call with a client or part of a call if privacy is needed. I would like to have more control over which future calls to record and what calls I am notified for. Additionally, the search feature could be improved.
Read Rob Culross's full review
Natalie Hiser | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Great tool for any sales professional

As a sales team we are using Gong. It is used as a coaching tool as well as a way to keep track of a note-taking tool. It's been able to help reps upskill faster given the coaching capabilities.
  • Track keywords, insights.
  • Provide benchmarking feedback for talk ratio.
  • Integration components make it really easy to use in your day-to-day.
  • It would be great to have a weekly report on top stats from your calls.
I think it's a great tool for new reps and tenured reps. It provides the ability to cross-collaborate and coach at scale. I personally find the insights tabs most beneficial, I'm able to review any filler words I use, questions I am asking and if I am speaking too quickly.
Read Natalie Hiser's full review
Emma Hilder | TrustRadius Reviewer

Upwork Account Manager Gong User

Gong is being used by our whole sales organization and has helped our entire team get better at pinpointing where we need to develop our skills when speaking with clients. It also allows us to teach others how to handle particular conversations, revisit past conversations prior to meetings, and analyze how we are speaking to better articulate.
  • Analyzing particular words on calls.
  • Integrates well with our internal systems.
  • Highlighting different points of interest on calls.
  • I wish it wouldn't pop up as another person in the Google Hangout - can be confusing to clients.
  • Being able to categorize types of calls automatically into folders.
It's great for any client call, the only time I wouldn't recommend it is during legal or finance meetings where the client would want the information to be confidential.
Read Emma Hilder's full review
Nathan Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer

An Easy Choice For Sales Teams

Our whole organization uses Gong. It is a great tool that allows us to better understand what we are doing well and where we need to improve when reaching out to prospects and clients.
  • Easy to Search by Keyword.
  • Locate specific interactions and calls.
  • Two clicks from call to printed transcript.
  • It's an additional page you have to log into.
  • It is very robust, which can be intimidating if you're looking for simple functionality.
For anyone who is contacting clients and prospects on the phone and wants to improve the quality of these interactions.
If your interaction is mostly face to face or email, it wouldn't be worth using. It really helps you dive deep into your calls and quantify what works and what doesn't.
Read Nathan Clark's full review

About Gong.io

Gong.io is described by the vendor as a revenue intelligence platform for B2B sales teams that captures sales conversations, understands the content of those conversations, and delivers insights to help businesses win its unfair share of the market.

Gong.io Integrations