Foleon review

What is Gong.io?

Gong.io is described by the vendor as a revenue intelligence platform for B2B sales teams that captures sales conversations, understands the content of those conversations, and delivers insights to help businesses win its unfair share of the market.

5 people want pricing too

What is Tableau CRM (formerly Einstein Analytics)?

Tableau CRM (formerly Einstein Analytics) from Salesforce is a cloud-based business intelligence solutions and analytics software. It provides users with automated data discovery, CRM-connected analytics, top-down views of data, augmented analytics, predictive insights, and customizable data…

What is Dialpad Talk?

Dialpad Talk is a cloud communications UCaaS platform that provides users with integrated voice, video, and messaging capabilities from one unified interface. It integrates with the vendor's web conferencing product, UberConference, as well as with G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce,…

What is Gong.io?

Gong.io Video

Introducing Gong.io

Gong.io Integrations

Gong.io Competitors

Gong.io Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

Alternatives

What is Gong.io's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses Gong.io?

The most common users of Gong.io are from Mid-size Companies and the Computer Software industry.

William (Matt) Wood | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Gong.io] is primarily used for our Go To Market team (Sales+Customer Success). It allows us to get granularity on the quality and content of the calls we have with our existing clients as well as prospects. The beautiful thing about [Gong.io] from a selling perspective, aside from all of the valuable metrics and information, is that it allows us to further hone in on our selling approaches so that our message resonates with our prospects.
  • Excellent call analytics
  • Organization and categorization of calls
  • Ability to drill down in call content
  • Automated reporting functionality and distribution to stakeholders
  • Enhanced AI functionality around building out workflows
  • Scheduling follow ups and reminders
[Gong.io] is well suited for the entire Go To Market (GTM) team(s). It is an excellent asset within our quiver of sales tools that empower us to be more effective sellers into todays digital age. Due to the paradigm shift as a result of COVID, we were looking for new and exiting ways to qualify engagement with our prospects and this was an excellent tool to accomplish that.
Samantha Nolte | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Gong.io] has been so helpful for our Customer Success Team! As a CSM it is so much easier to remember what action items I promised the customer. It has been super helpful for training and collaboration across the team. Lastly, it has also helped cross-departmental collaboration because I can use it to listen to sales call to make the transition smoother, to send the product team feature requests, and the support team bugs.
  • Summarizing action items
  • Reminds me of my calls for the day
  • Detects mentions of important words like competitors
  • It will not work in a last minute meeting
  • Search across the transcript could be improved
[Gong.io is] very helpful for all customer calls whether its onboarding, check-ins, renewals, etc[.]
A.J. Guedouar | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Gong.io] is being used within our sales unit. Originally, we onboarded the platform to help with coaching. We used to download zoom recordings and listen to the entire session for each rep. [Gong.io] helped us save hours and hours each week with being able to listen to recordings, search for key topics and trackers (which we're able to configure). It's a real game-changer.
  • User experience is phenomenal. It's so easy to learn.
  • Customer Service is excellent. Our rep. is super kind and knowledgeable, and very tuned-in with our vision.
  • New feature releases are constant, and we have the opportunity to provide feedback.
  • As a small company, cost can be a bit steep but Gong has been willing to negotiate with us as we work toward certain [measurables] and goals that would cover the ROI.
[Gong.io] is excellent for helping skill up new reps, building training pathways, and providing consistent transparent feedback. We love how our entire team is always chiming in on calls with questions, advice and kudos. It's been wonderful for us in a remote environment, and is an incredible time-save for management when it comes to getting people up to speed.
Erik Rynearson | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Gong.io] is currently in use in the Customer and Revenue departments. In CS, we utilize [Gong.io] to capture customer notes and action items/calls to actions and share call analysis to improve meeting flow. [Gong.io] allows our CS staff to focus on what the customer is saying vs. error-prone note-taking.
  • Call Analysis
  • Key word/competitor alerts
  • Transcription
  • Accuracy of transcription for meeting attendees with non English accents
  • Call stats should be aligned to additional caller personas non sales team
  • An aggregate of reporting for an individual call stats to see trends
[Gong.io] is geared for revenue teams primarily, however, can also be beneficial for customer success teams/client facing. The possibility is not the best tool for international customers, customers with non-English accents, and customers concerned with privacy/GDPR, i.e., EMEA. APAC. [Gong.io] works well for US customers and native English speakers.
Jenna Scapinello | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use [Gong.io] across our Sales team. I use it particularly within our Sales Development team to listen to both cold call recordings as well as scheduled qualification calls hosted by the team. The tool helps me understand where I can provide coaching to the team, and it also allows me a quick way to give additional coaching outside of Zoom calls that the team can refer to and implement. In the future we will use it to help onboard new team members as well as to facilitate peer-to-peer call reviews.
  • Trackers - easily look at call trends and assess where coaching is needed
  • Searches - easily find calls to review
  • Snippets - easy to create quick snippets and share with other team members for examples
  • Would love to see more S/BDR focused trackers and best practice metrics used for shorter conversations
[Gong.io is] great for any sales team - definitely the call coaching tool of choice for me. I don't personally use it for AE coaching but the deal intelligence features would be super useful to any closing-role sales manager. In general, it's a great way to be alerted of calls that need coaching, tracking team progression and leaving feedback consistently as part of routine coaching.
Jack Stocker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Gong.io in our sales department to go over calls together to see where there could be areas of improvement. I wouldn't be surprised if other parts of the organization are using it because we think it is a phenomenal tool, but I can only speak for the Sales department. Overall it has been very useful in my improvement as an SDR.
  • Labels parts of a call
  • Gives the percentage breakdown of talk time
  • Centralize a place where I can review my teams calls
  • Sometimes the recorded calls get buggy, not often though
  • Sometimes, it doesn't say whether a call lead to a booked meeting
  • Sometimes the call labeling system is incorrect, but not often
I think it is a great tool. Over my development in my role, I can say with confidence that being able to see the breakdown of my calls has been paramount to my improvement in Sales. Being able to send my manager calls and ask where the areas to improve on has been key in identifying how I can get better.
Sarah Bronsteen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Gong for sales intelligence/ tracking purposes. It provides visibility across our global team, accountability, the ability to have robust searching, and great feedback/ coaching.
  • Global Search
  • Reference Calls
  • Feedback from other team members
  • Sometimes, it's unclear why calls don't show up.
The level of intelligence is incredible. You can search on any word, listen to peers' calls, have a repository of videos, and get reminders to follow up.
Roy Shakerchi | TrustRadius Reviewer
I absolutely love using Gong.io. When onboarding as a new hire, I found it incredibly useful to watch my colleague's calls, but to also rewatch my own calls to learn from mistakes. The fact that my manager was able to comment on specific points in my call that I need to work on has been hugely helpful. Now, I am able to tag new hires on the calls that I know will be useful for them to see, which has been extremely helpful in mentoring. I have never used Gong before, but now that I am, I don't think I can go back.
  • Tagging colleagues to watch calls.
  • Commenting on specific points of interest in a call.
  • Rewatching calls to learn from mistakes.
  • Maybe more of a home page bulleting for teams to refer too.
  • A separate application to use instead of being on a website.
  • More helpful advice on calls. Instead of saying you talked for x percent or x seconds, maybe do some more semantic analysis to see how we can improve our sentiment on calls.
Gong.io is great for all companies. I think the best use case is for new hires and onboarding, I've never seen a more helpful tool. This also can be fantastic for sales or sensitive calls to help your teammates handle difficult situations.
Gong.io allows the sales team to be present on calls without missing key details due to note taking, as well as provides a game tape for the team to review for self-coaching. For the management team it allows more data driven coaching as well as fact based insight into the market and what prospects are actually saying.
  • Analytics. Gong.io allows traditionally guesstimated answers to be derived from actual data rather than opinion
  • Full insight into level of deal activity and potential risks
  • Search ability within conversations and deals. Don’t remember when pricing was discussed and want to watch the reaction of your customers again? Just search the keywords
  • I can’t wait for call transcripts to support multiple languages on the same call
I won’t work in a sales organization that doesn’t use Gong.io. It’s less well suited for companies where most interactions are held over a phone line versus a virtual meeting but that’s about it.
Alisa Schuster | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gong.io is an essential tool for our Customer Success team. We record all internal and external calls for the purpose of training new hires, sharing client feedback internally for example by commenting on gong calls and tagging each other. We also use Gong.io to share external calls with the customer for example if not everyone on our client's team is able to join our live training or presentation, Gong.io provides an easy way to share a recording externally for X amount of days.
  • User friendly - Adding and removing the recorder as well as listening in on previously recorded calls and sharing the recorded links internally is easy!
  • Analyzing Calls - Getting a recap of "to do's" that were discussed during a call sent via email and being able to go back to a recording to understand talking times between attendees is very helpful
  • Announcements - While I enjoy the ease of adding and removing the gong recorder, one thing I would like to see improved is the announcement of the recorder itself during meetings. It sometimes appears as delayed.
A great tool that helps Customer Success teams like ours improve our communication strategies by providing timely and valuable information that can easily be shared cross-functionally.
Brian Dinh | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am not exactly sure how Gong.io is being used by the rest of the company but I can tell you how I use it on the solutions consultant team. I started with my company about 3-4 months ago. At the time it was hard learning how to present the software and to learn the types of questions customers would ask. Having those video transcripts allowed me to learn the product faster and to see different ways of presenting. I now have a library of videos that cover a variety of topics. I rewatch those videos whenever I need a refresher on those topics.
  • Gong.io recored the written transcript pretty well. I'm able to read along as I listen to a video
  • Gong.io can create a great library for users to refer back to
  • Gong.io allows other users like my manager to make comments to help improve my game
  • Searching for videos by title is almost impossible (unless I'm doing something wrong)
  • Can't search for users that are in the call, can only search by the host.
Gong.io is useful in all situations. I think as a sales tool it is invaluable. It can help a new employee get up to speed faster and it can help veterans learn from their colleagues. It also allows management to listen to calls and provide feedback.

Foleon review

Caitlin Byrne | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales and CSM team use gong to record our demos and sales calls for note-taking and developing skills. It helps us to analyze how we are doing and make improvements based on the information provided through Gong.io
  • Customer services is speedy and efficient
  • A useful tool for sales team which I know rely heavily on for follow-ups and throughout the sales cycle
  • Providing additional content that's relevant to me as a salesperson
  • I find the sound quality isn't always great
I think it has allowed us to improve on our calls, and also helps a lot as training materials for new sales team members
We brought on Gong.io primarily for our sales and customer success teams. For us, we're in the process of moving upstream (enterprise accounts) and need to make sure we're speaking the right language and asking the right questions. Gong.io has done an awesome job helping us measure those key focus areas.
  • Provides context on when I'm speaking too much. This is essential because in sales we all know that too much yapping doesn't help.
  • Logs how many questions we're asking. Asking the right questions is what we get paid to do in sales.
  • Allows everyone to pick each other's brains at scale. Gong.io has a library where you can listen to how other reps are positioning your solution.
  • Logging calls that are less than 1 min long so you can get feedback on how your openers are doing -- in regards to cold calls.
  • Making things less clunky. Sometimes things can be difficult to navigate.
Gong.io has helped me drastically when it comes to my patience. One thing I was struggling with was pausing for a bit longer before asking a prospect's question. By implementing this, I think I'm building a lot more trust with the prospects I'm speaking with.
Gina Sandoval | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales team has used Gong.io for over 4 years now. It's been really cool to see how far the product has come. The tool itself is easy to use, provides immediate feedback, and has helped our team sharpen their skills.

Our CS team also uses it to review and share customer problems.

I especially like how Gong.io has taken its user data to provide tactful, actionable insights on how salespeople can improve.
  • Easy of use. Clear feedback right after calls!
  • Simple sharing. You can share full or snippets of calls externally or internally.
  • User Driven Data. Gong shares tactful best practices based off of user data.
  • The Feedback menu could be more extensive.
Gong.io is used daily in our sales organizations. It's essential for our call reviews, sharing recordings with clients, deal/email tracking, and identifying areas that may need improvement.

The user data for best practices is especially helpful. Getting insights into what words to use or avoid are small changes that have made a big difference for us.
Kunal Bedi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Gong.io in our organization mainly for recording the meetings and analyzing them thereafter for reference and better productivity. It is being used by the whole organization irrespective of the department. Gong.io helps us to record our internal and external online meetings and it helps us to analyze the quality of the call and keeps the sales team updated on how strong is their sales pipeline.
  • Accurate transcripts
  • Sales pipeline management
  • Email alerts
  • Global language support for transcripts
  • UI improvement
  • More metrics to understand how you can improve
Gong.io is an amazing product for all the departments especially for salespeople like me. I love the recording feature, transcript feature, segmentation of the calls by topic/person speaking, insight into our call statistics in comparison to other team members, transparency for management, etc. It can also integrate with Salesforce so that you can have a 360-degree view of your deals and their performance.
Isabella Langan | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Gong.io] is being used in our organization in our sales department as well as others in order to listen to customer calls and potential customer calls. It allows us to provide feedback and understand the basis of a call and see where we should focus on future calls. It also enables us to see where our strengths and weaknesses may lie.
  • Call analytics
  • Identifying calls to come to
  • Transcription
  • Playback quality
  • Fill in name identification if not there
[Gong.io] is well suited in any customer facing organization in which you are having client calls in order to maximize efficiency and understand the call better. It can help the people involved improve on their calls and see where they need to focus in latter calls better.

Love the GONG!!!

[Gong.io] is being used across our new business department for all segments. [Gong.io] helps us to review calls and create relevant training sessions at both the individual and team levels. [Gong.io] also helps with capturing client feedback and common objections.
  • Call tracking
  • Call Analysis
  • Funnel Analysis
  • I don't love the layout
  • I don't like the auto record function but that is an internal decision
[Gong.io is] great to capture call data above and beyond just recording the call. I love the analysis of talk time and the ability to jump forward to next speaker. The snippet tool is extremely helpful as well.
Marian Moore-Jules | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gong is used by Client Success and Sales personnel. The tool is useful for various reasons - follow-up on calls, training, and cross-functional alignment. Having the tool is useful to stay in tuned with what has gone on with the account historically as well. There are less misses when calls have been recorded. We are also able to share the call with our customers and prevents unnecessary follow-up calls.
  • I love the recommendations for improvement the tools provides following the call. Flags me when I talk to much.
  • I can go back and listen to clients - especially in situations when I haven't taken the best notes!
  • Transcription is the best! I don't always have time to listen to a call but having the ability to read the call is awesome!
  • I wish that listening from app was better.
I think Gong.io is most useful for client facing calls like performance reviews - when reading out their data and discussing program discussions. It is great discovery sessions when I'm trying to dig into the account and uncover challenges on the client's end. It is also great for strategic discussions and account planning. I typically will dismiss Gong.io on calls where I'm doing a Workbench training or a routine monthly check-in.
Alex Leinweber | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gong.io has been a game-changer for my team. We use it to review calls and ensure scope, requirements, and deliverables are met. We also store our calls in a library for QA and training review. It's helped immensely coupled with Spekit for internal documentation to quickly ramp our new hires up as we grow our team. It allows us to review parts of calls instead of the whole conversation and hone in on specific use cases, feedback, etc. Overall, I will admit that I was a skeptical buyer of the tool and didn't understand why it was different than other software but I'm a huge advocate in the ability to review, store and share calls at scale.
  • Call sharing and permissions: We can share calls internally/externally but control how and when.
  • Call review: Looks at our calls and provides insights for talk time and key points that we're striving to hit.
  • Storage and accessibility: It's easier to find previous calls and store them for use later.
  • Zoom integration can sometimes be faulty but that may be more on the Zoom side of things.
  • Being able to turn on/off recording and determine how/when pre-call would be helpful so we don't have to do so in flight.
Obviously, sales is a big one. Our sales team uses the tool today for their call reviews. However, CS and CS Ops have really used this to better transition customers from pre to post-sales and then make sure we're on point to fulfill our obligations to the customer at every step of the way. I would also say that an internal QA team could very easily use this tool at scale.
David Koehler | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gong.io is currently being used by the entire sales organization. This is being used for external-facing customer meetings. It is incredibly helpful as I am a person who does not like to take lots of notes while speaking with the customer and can go back later and re-listen to the call as well as evaluate how I did and what I can do better on in a discovery call.
  • Easy and quick access to the recording
  • Easily shareable to your customers
  • Allow you to speed up the call so it can be watched in a quickier fashion
  • Maybe deeper integration into SF. Having the link automatically be in SF after the call
  • Mobile version would be great
  • Better training to showcase all the robust functionality
Great for any conversation especially with customers. No need to take notes and gives more time to ask the right questions and be attentive to your audience. Don't use it for internal meetings but could still see some value there. This is not meant to be a tool to spy on sales reps and is intended to actually help.
Amanda Rollins | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gong.io is my main tool for coaching my sales team, it's built into my daily workflow. I use Gong.io to onboard new employees by assigning them calls to listen to so that they can learn how to handle certain objections with real life examples. I use Gong to give feedback and coaching to my entire sales team, and use it's translating function to even score those in countries where I don't speak the language! I also rely heavily on Gong to determine what is working and what isn't, according to trackers and topics. I couldn't live without Gong as a Sales Enablement Manager.
  • Gong is great at identifying areas of improvement for my reps.
  • I love how Gong uses AI to flag deals that are in danger of not closing from things like "prospect hasn't been contacted in 1 week" or "there has been no talk about budget."
  • I love how Gong lets me see what my top performers are talking about and what my low performers are talking about, so I can coach them and give specific language and phrases to use on calls. Very actionable.
  • I use Gong every single day in my role as Sales Enablement. My team will often listen to a call together and answer how they would have handled the situation, give feedback, etc.
  • The translation function isn't perfect, there are quite a few errors.
  • I would love to see more in-depth analysis from Whisper.
  • Would be very cool if Gong could automatically scan calls for certain phrases and then automatically add them to their respective folder in the library!
Gong is ideal for coaching a sales team, it's the best way to give real-time feedback to your team. You can listen to calls back together and discuss what they could have done better.
Josh Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales organization uses Gong to record and analyze calls. It also helps us to track which deals are at risk due to a lack of engagement. We use it for coaching and training purposes and to analyze live opportunities.
  • Call recording
  • Call stats
  • Analyses deals at risk
  • Audio transcribing could be improved.
  • The topics part could be improved.
Great service for analyzing live deals and going back to listen to calls.
August 18, 2021

Love gong!

Christopher Cardone | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gong.io is used to help all our customer-facing teams record, analyze, and receive coaching on our calls to uplevel the way we're servicing customers and develop further skills to grow our careers. This helps our managers be more effective when delivering coaching.
  • Voice transcription.
  • Automatic recording and reporting.
  • Transcription accuracy
One of my favorite tools. Always make sure my calls are recording since Gong.io helps me avoid the need of taking notes and allows me to focus on my call.

Great tool

Gong.io is used throughout different departments in Unbabel, helping different teams to stay on track of what's been discussed and to review calls with customers.
  • Ability to go back and review calls
  • Offering you the transcribed text so it's easier to understand what has been discussed
  • Drive sales effectiveness across entire team
  • Ability to select and share portions of the calls within your team
  • Sometimes if you leave in the middle of your call review and go back to it, you might need to refresh the browser to play it again.
  • It would be great to see the transcribed text side by side with the speaker.
Well suited for customer use case reviews.

Improved sales process

Sem Manhas | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Gong.io in order to record/share calls between sales team members and engineering. This allows us to collaborate on how to best move the prospect forward.
  • Allowing users to focus on the call rather than take notes
  • Improves sales training best practices
  • Allows team members to collaborate even if one could not attend the call
  • Transcript function does not always catch the phrases accurately
  • A CRM integration would be nice
  • Searching for calls by keyword does not always prove to be successful
[Gong.io is] great for sales teams, this improves: training new members, allowing sales personal to focus on the call, and being able to relisten allows you to catch pieces you may have missed.