Gong.io LifeGong.io is being used across the whole sales department. I am new to my company and Gong.io has been a real game changer. I love listening to demos/calls on my commute to work from top performers. I also love that I can tag my manager in parts of my calls and have her give me feedback. Gong.io has helped me ramp up a lot quicker, with the ability to search for all of our product offerings and listen to specific parts of those calls where reps are pitching that product line. This has allowed me to resort to Gong.io for a lot of my sales related questions versus asking people on my team what they would say in certain situations.,Gong.io has helped me ramp up a lot quicker with the ability to search for all of our product offerings and listen to specific parts of those calls where reps are pitching that product line. Gong has allowed me to easily get feedback from my manager and track my progress. I love the app and the ability the listen to Gong.io on my commute and prep for calls on the way to work.,I wish I could easily move the date on calls I schedule in Gong.io without having to delete them and reschedule them. I wish the call recording warning pop up would be a little shorter. I wish I could delete recorded calls that were never calls at all.,10,There is no negative impact. It has been positive because I noticed a significant difference in my closing abilities after studying my calls and listening to other calls in Gong.io after one month. I would say Gong.io helped me get to 100 percent of my quota. I saved my manager time by doing the research myself. It enforced our handler training by making me use the training on our calls and tagging those parts for my manager to read. In other companies, we do training, and no one ever uses it.,,I like to generate reports on words I use a lot. I also like to read our whole call. When I prep for calls I search for competitors and products that were pitched on other calls.Gong.io is Good!While I don't use Gong.io personally, I am the admin for the software at my company and I provide support to the users. Recording calls with Gong.io has given us a lot of benefits, most notably the ability for the CRO and Head of Sales to listen to the Account Executives' calls. This gives them an opportunity to coach the sellers on very specific things with concrete evidence, as opposed to simply reading email conversations. The transparency Gong.io provides makes our sellers more accountable, which results in improved pitches/performance.,Quality of recording is good Easy to use,The speech to text could be more accurate,10,We believe Gong improves the performance of our AEs because they know that their meeting can be replayed by their manager and peers. We also believe it improves our sellers because they themselves can go back to the recording and see how well (or poorly) they did. To have recorded evidence of the language they used or the energy level and tone they had is really great for their development.,Occasionally I look at the metrics provided by Gong (the # of calls, duration of calls, etc.) on an individual and aggregate level.Gong.io is the bestOur sales team uses Gong.io (both Account Executives and Sales Development Reps). We use it to record all our calls so that we can go back and listen to them for coaching, reviewing previous calls in the sales process, training, SDRs tracking opportunities they set up, and remembering action items.,Picking out topics addressed in calls. Pulling out action items discussed. Tracking talk time %.,Topics discussed are not always accurate.,10,Gong has helped me fill out the notes I take from calls. Gong allows me to focus more on listening on a call and less on taking copious notes. Gong helps my managers give me feedback.,,I don't really use reports, but we do save calls to various libraries so we can go in and listen to certain topics.,ZoomInfo, DataFoxGong reviewIt is being used throughout all organization. The problems it address is feedback. So we can see what terminology and techniques can be said during a call. It can detect specific topics and guide the listening and user throughout the entirety of the call. It is very user friendly!,Pinpoints specific target words You can see the talk time ratio You can search specific words,Sometimes the name of the account is wrong,9,A positive impact is being able to see what rapport you've built during calls A negative would be hearing words like "uhm",Talk timeGong.io - Just use it.Gong.io was initially introduced to the Sales org. We found this solution to be the most efficient and effective platform out there for getting feedback, diving into specific calls without the hassle of downloading, sharing, time stamping and creating unnecessary space on your computers which could then be a security risk depending on what is being discussed. Gong.io provided a slick platform for constant feedback/coaching on calls that allows teams and individuals the chance to listen with a fresh perspective and learn what is working and what isn't and the adjust accordingly saving managers 2-3 meetings a week!,Simple Easy Effective Intuitive,Cost Adoption Training,9,Time saved Preparation Effective coaching,Love the detail you can dive into with Gong.io. You can, in conjunction with other platforms like Outreach.io, start understanding specific trends on your sales teams and replicate the best examples and make sure that reps are adhering to your sales process and methodology. We use the reports to identify specific times in conversations that get the deal sold and schedule the next appointment based on specific blow up questions we ask to gain interest.,Outreach, SugarCRM, Workfront
Gong.io

Gong.io Reviews

Gong.io
Filter 22 vetted Gong.io reviews and ratings

Lisa Wyse profile photo
April 05, 2019

Gong.io Review: "Gong.io Life"

• Gong.io has helped me ramp up a lot quicker with the ability to search for all of our product offerings and listen to specific parts of those calls where reps are pitching that product line.
  • Gong has allowed me to easily get feedback from my manager and track my progress.
  • I love the app and the ability the listen to Gong.io on my commute and prep for calls on the way to work.
  • I wish I could easily move the date on calls I schedule in Gong.io without having to delete them and reschedule them.
  • I wish the call recording warning pop up would be a little shorter.
  • I wish I could delete recorded calls that were never calls at all.
I think Gong.io is great for any sales team, especially when you don't have managers that can give 100% of their time to teach you everything. It is also super helpful for learning different industries, competitors, and product lines by listening to other calls. I can't think of where it might not be appropriate. Maybe for sales organizations that are very transnational, one call closes, and don't do any type of demo.
Read Lisa Wyse's full review
Andy Chu profile photo
January 23, 2019

Gong.io Review: "Gong.io is Good!"

• Quality of recording is good
  • The speech to text could be more accurate
Gong.io is good for recording calls so that others can replay them later. It also does a good job of segmenting the recording so that the listener can skim through, knowing which parts are important. For example, if the Head of Sales is only curious about where the price is going to land, he can skip ahead to the exact moment when pricing is being discussed.
Read Andy Chu's full review
Brad Wilkerson profile photo
January 07, 2019

Gong.io Review: "Gong.io is the best"

• Picking out topics addressed in calls.
  • Pulling out action items discussed.
  • Tracking talk time %.
  • Topics discussed are not always accurate.
Gong.io is great for any organization that wants to have sales or support calls recorded and cataloged for future reference. We use it for coaching as well as for reps reviewing their own calls to remember things that they had discussed. It helps me prepare for future calls with companies I haven't talked to in a while.
Read Brad Wilkerson's full review
Michelle Nguyen profile photo

Gong.io: "Gong review"

• Pinpoints specific target words
  • You can see the talk time ratio
  • You can search specific words
  • Sometimes the name of the account is wrong
It is absolutely well suited in a sales setting. Listening to other representatives during the Gong calls makes it easy to learn about weaknesses and or strengths.
Read Michelle Nguyen's full review
Kelly Wasden profile photo
March 26, 2019

Gong.io Review: "Gong.io - Just use it."

• Simple
  • Easy
  • Effective
  • Intuitive
  • Cost
  • Adoption
  • Training
Gong.io is PERFECT for sales teams and even for CS/ADM teams looking to understand what is working to get appointments and help make customers happy. The platform can analyze calls and determine tone and how it impacts the overall conversation leading to a new appointment being scheduled or a deal closed.
Read Kelly Wasden's full review
March 26, 2019

Gong.io Review: "Why Gong.io is Invaluable for B2B Businesses"

Gong.io is being utilized across all departments in our organization. It is invaluable to our sales team, as it provides insights that would otherwise be nearly impossible to analyze as easily as Gong.io makes it. Instead of having to be right there listening to the sales team make pitches and taking notes on where to improve, Gong.io calculates that already and provides user-friendly analytics that have increased our procedure exponentially. In other internal meetings the recordings provide a way to reference specific topics without having to search through each call frame by frame, second by second. I would recommend Gong.io to anyone who would like to grow and organize their business.
  • Insights into speaking patterns. Being able to see if you need to be more patient or ask more questions is necessary for our sales department.
  • Capturing different topics of conversation. No one wants to have to listen to a 45 minute meeting just to find the snippet of conversation wherein a particular topic came up for just a few moments.
  • Being able to then clip a recording in order to send only the pertinent information to either the client or internally.
  • The ability to organize by team so that only the proper people are able to view their analytics at any given time. It allows for specialized improvements and more exact analytics for each department.
  • The only thing that was a bit of an issue for me and my team was that currently if the client is speaking and the person on my team holding the meeting says so much as an "mhm" during the dialogue, it is calculated as cutting off the original speaker, thus lowering their patience percentage calculated.
If you have a sales team and do not use Gong.io you are doing yourself a disservice. The analytics are a necessary tool, and I'm honestly not sure how we were able to do comprehensive and ongoing training prior to our utilization of Gong.io. It would only be less appropriate if your business does not hold meetings online.
April 05, 2019

Gong.io Review: "Gong.io for the win!"

Currently, Gong.io is being used with our sales and marketing department. I specifically use it to see what trends there are on calls, for self-training (by listening to other calls) as well as for tracking notes/actions. The analytics help us as a team see more as well -- understanding what the heavy topics are and which ones we're missing.
  • Trackers. This is super helpful. Provides insight quickly into points of interest, timing, etc.
  • Action Items. Being able to quickly compare what actions on the call vs. your notes make sure you don't miss anything.
  • Search. Being able to search for keywords, phrases, etc helps you get to the part of the call you're looking to review much faster.
  • Searching for calls is not always great -- it doesn't always tag the call with the correct company name.
Very well suited for sales teams. Might not be suited for support teams, but I could see maybe some analytics benefit from it.
March 28, 2019

Gong.io Review: "Gong: not just a sales solution"

We currently use Gong to: review sales calls and coach our reps, review training calls and coach our customer success team, and share prospect and customer feedback with the product team. Gong helps our sales team be more consistent with the way we consult with prospects and present our solution. It's been really helpful in onboarding new reps. New reps can listen to Gong recordings and hear how our top reps handle specific scenarios.
  • It's easy to use. Gong joins our calls automatically so we don't have to alter our process.
  • Gong provides coaching and guidance around metrics that matter—talk time, interactivity, longest rep monologues, etc.
  • Gong allows us to share call recordings with customers.
  • I can't think of any cons.
Gong is great for sales training. If you want to know why one rep is a high performer and why another rep is a low performer all you need to do is review their calls and stats. We even started reviewing the number of calls that reps are listening to as a way to evaluate if reps are doing the extra work required to improve their sales skills.
May 17, 2019

Gong.io Review: "Gong.io makes sales people better"

We use it for sales insight to transcribe and record calls to allow us additional insight into customer conversations.
  • Transcribes
  • Records
  • Searchability
  • There was a brief moment of downtime the other day.
Well suited for transcribing calls, listening to more experienced sales professionals, specific objection handling examples, searching calls for specific quotes.
Chris Hamborsky profile photo
May 16, 2018

Gong.io: "Gong.io - Great tool for note-taking, self-review, and peer learing"

Gong.io is used to record calls so we can take better notes and review our performance on the phone. It's primarily used by the sales department. The primary value of Gong is that it gives us the opportunity to better review our calls and really drill down into areas where we might need improvement. This has proven to be an invaluable part of our development as sales professionals. Furthermore, Gong allows us to listen to calls so we can go back, take more in-depth notes, and ultimately better relate to our prospects and fulfill customer needs. It's a great tool that I'd recommend to any organization that relies heavily on phone sales.
  • Usability - It integrates into our meeting software seamlessly and works in the background, not requiring any work or direction from the user. Makes it very simple and easy from a user perspective.
  • Functionality - Records calls in good quality and offers speech analysis which highlights certain key words or filler words.
  • I think they could make it a bit simpler to upload a recording made on another app or software to the Gong system. This is possible, but it isn't immediately clear how to do this.
  • Though it happens pretty quickly, having the completed and analyzed recording sooner after the call would be nice. It sometimes takes 20-30 minutes to get the email notification that your recording is ready for review. Again, not a big problem at all, but would be helpful.
Gong.io is great for any organization that has customer facing calls on a regular basis. It's an amazing tool for improved note-taking and overall customer-facing/sales skills. Very pleased that my organization decided to invest in Gong.io
Read Chris Hamborsky's full review
February 06, 2018

Gong.io Review: "Gong.io makes me better at my job!"

Gong.io is currently being used in all interactions with prospects and customers. Recently, the company started using Gong.io in a number of our internal meetings for sake of ease in distributing the recordings for those who may have been absent. We can easily transcribe calls, provide recordings to the customers, receive feedback from management, and improve our skill set by leveraging the technology.
  • Easy to use and implement for recurring calls.
  • Easy to distribute recordings. No more converting files or uploading to Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
  • Easy to solicit feedback internally and therefore improve skill set.
  • The transcribing can use a bit of work. I understand it's not easy to do, but occasionally there are paragraphs at a time that make little to no sense, unless you were on the call / in the meeting.
  • The video is often a bit grainy. Typically this isn't an issue if you understand the context of what's taking place on the call, but if you're attempting to read anything that's not size 28 font on a PowerPoint slide, then good luck.
  • The recordings typically reflect all of the individual lines that are dialed into the calls, but they do not differentiate between multiple people on the same line. Better voice recognition could likely identify how many folks are actually participating in the meeting, making it a bit easier to sift through the recordings for the bits of information that you're looking for from a particular individual.
Areas in which Gong.io is well suited:
  • Call coaching
  • Self-evaluations
  • Referencing calls retroactively
  • Creating a repository of internal meetings
  • Distributing calls across your client base
Brett Soucy profile photo
July 31, 2017

Gong.io Review: "Hit the GONG more!"

Used for Call Coaching by our Sales and Customer Success teams. This is what we need to help people get at least 1% better every day by making coaching easier and more strategic.
  • Ease of scheduling -- get alerts on specific types of calls and/or have reps send you calls to review.
  • Track when "competitors" or "price" issues are at hand and automate coaching for those calls.
  • Listen to the calls that matter the MOST vs finding the needle in the haystack.
  • Having an app vs the web version would be a big help.
  • Sometimes it's tough to track specific words like competitors or redundant words you may want to cut out.
Anytime that calling is in your culture and you are focused on trying to get better, there is a fit for Gong. I think the most important part is to leverage Gong to listen to the most relevant calls to help your team(s) progress.
Read Brett Soucy's full review
Mike Lambert profile photo
July 31, 2017

Gong.io Review: "Gong is a must have in sales and customer success!"

Today, we use Gong to record every scheduled conference call that a sales rep has each day for coaching and messaging review.
  • Converts the call into a transcript to better search for keywords.
  • Represents the call visually so you don't have to listen to the entire call.
  • Allows you to watch the WebEx as part of the call.
  • It's in the works, but the main thing missing is a native mobile app.
I think it could also be used in customer success and not only as a sales tool.
Read Mike Lambert's full review

Gong.io Scorecard Summary

About Gong.io

Gong.io is a sales enablement platform for B2B sales teams. The product records, transcribes, and analyzes every sales call in order to gauge the effectiveness of sales interactions.

Gong.io Technical Details