What is GoodHire?

GoodHire is an applicant background checking technology and API from the company of the same name in Redwood City.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of GoodHire, and make your voice heard!

Basic

Standard

Premium

What is GoodHire?

GoodHire Competitors

GoodHire Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

ACRAnet, TransUnion SmartMove, and Findigs are common alternatives for GoodHire.

The most common users of GoodHire are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

The Human Resources department uses it primarily for pre-employment drug screens, motor vehicle reports, social security number traces, and background checks. That way, we can be sure we're being thorough in regards to other employees' safety, as well as remaining in compliance with commercial jobsite requirements (schools, government buildings, hospitals, etc.).
  • ATS integration (streamlines the process, saves admin time)
  • customer service
  • varying states' compliance regarding backgrounds/drug screens
  • reporting in a timely manner for labs
  • updates on court delays
  • turnaround time (always room for improvement)
It is excellent for a wide array of services. The ATS integration has become critical to saving time as well as minimizing errors. GoodHire ensures we remain in legal compliance in each state for their varying requirements, so it is very helpful to nationwide companies to reduce consultation or legal fees.
November 01, 2021

GoodHire is great!

GoodHire is a game changer! At our company, I use GoodHire whenever a new employee is hired. I am able to be selective in my options and tailor the background check to the person I am hiring. I have the normal selections I do for every employee, but depending on their level of schooling I can choose how many education background checks based on the number of degrees they have. GoodHire is always fast and easy and I love that I can rely on them to get the background checks back timely. I have also spoken with their customer service and they have always been quick and helpful. Also, being able to set up monthly ongoing alerts on all of our employees is a great feature and inexpensive.
  • Allows for Ongoing Alerts where you can continue to know the background checks are being run
  • Allows you to make selections for each background check and cater it to the specific background check you are ordering
  • Cost effective
  • Quick and timely background checks come back after you order them
  • There hasn't been anything that I can think of come up
What I like best about GoodHire it is very convenient and easy to use. Whenever a new employee starts at our company, ordering the background checks is fast and easy. I have also spoken with their customer service and they have always been quick and helpful. Also, being able to set up monthly ongoing alerts on all of our employees is a great feature and inexpensive. When an employee is no longer at our company it is also very simple to turn off that feature.
October 28, 2021

GoodHire is a good hire!

GoodHire is used by myself for medical professionals who wish to work at our facilities. HR also uses my reports for the HR side of the same medical professionals. We look at the whole report to verify what the provider has given us, along with their signed release. It helps us analyze professionals from all over the world. A 'one-stop shop,' so to speak.
  • County checks
  • World wide checks
  • Verify name for individuals who have 2 or more sir-names, especially foreigners
  • It is not easy to correct something on an application without ordering a whole new application and paying the full price again
  • It is difficult to get a 'real person' on the phone for questions
  • Sometimes it asks gender questions that we do not ask the applicant, thus causing us to have to backtrack and use precious time
They do a thorough job of investigating but also rely heavily on the information provided by the requesting party. Sometimes a gender question is asked but is totally irrelevant to the person's background check (at least in my opinion).
We used GoodHire to do pre-employment background checks in HR. I appreciated that it was easy to use, the employee could enter their own information, and the turnaround was super fast. I was used to 3-10 day background checks and most GoodHire checks came back in 1-3 days. As the only employee in HR, I needed something fast and easy.
  • Fast background checks
  • Easy to use and implement
  • User friendly interface for applicants and company users
  • Nice integration into ATS or HRIS
  • I can't think of anything I would change, everything worked beyond my expectations
GoodHire is well suited for anywhere from small to large companies that need to complete background checks. We do background checks post-offer of hire, so I found that it was better suited to integrate with our HRIS as opposed to our ATS, but it was able to integrate with both. We didn't use anything beyond their basic background checks so I can't speak to their more complicated checks, but for basic they were great.
I run and manage STEM education programs with high school students that revolve around mentorship. To have adults connect with minors, a background check tool is a critical element. GoodHire is built into the API of our mentoring platform, the Mentor Matching Engine, and we run our 500+ mentors through the platform each year (we run annual background checks). Without a background check tool that is integrated into our platform, we wouldn't be able to run out programs, so it is an essential part of our programs.
  • Notifications
  • Clear results
  • Accuracy
  • International checks
  • Support for errors
GoodHire is great for quick, accurate, automated background checks for employees or those needing a background check to perform a volunteer or other service. It is an intuitive process, and it's efficiently quick so it doesn't hold up your hiring or volunteer process. GoodHire is particularly useful for those who need to run background checks on any employees or volunteers as it organizes the checks, and can perform many checks at once. They're probably less useful for those who only need one to two checks or don't need it to be automated through a platform.
GoodHire is used for both background checks and drug tests for all new employees. As a publicly-traded company, we have an obligation to provide a workplace that is free from drug users and potential individuals with violent crimes in their background. In Human Resources, it's essential that we conduct these checks.
  • Ease of use - very easy to enter in employee data and they find it easy to use.
  • Customer service - when needing something, tends to be very responsive
  • Pricing - cost is similar compared to other background check and drug companies
  • Communication - will not let us know about system outages, issues, and oftentimes we have to follow up with them on issues
  • Special drug tests - for employees that we have a reasonable suspicion may be using drugs and want to get them tested ASAP, the system is slow and not really designed for this.
  • Account Management - very rare for anyone to reach out to us.
I think GoodHire does the basics really well. They're able to provide quality background and drug test services at a reasonably low cost. I do think that they struggle when it comes to on-the-spot drug tests for employees and would not recommend them for instance to a manufacturer where that happens more often than at our business.
Tiffany Stallings | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, we use GoodHire during our onboarding processing. We utilize background checks as well as drug screen registration.
  • User friendly site
  • Quick and easily accessible customer service
  • Easy registration for candidates
  • I would prefer that you enter the employee or person's information first and then be taken to the area where you "pay".
  • If the SSN isn't a match it would be nice to have the opportunity to re-check or update the information vs having to pay for a new BC all over again.
Generally speaking, I don't have any complaints or areas where it would be less appropriate. Using this service for the purpose of onboarding checks is perfect and well-suited.
We use GoodHire to run background check on our Code Senseis and other employees.
  • Background check
  • Identify verification
  • State-level criminal history search
  • Interface is hard to navigate
  • Price is high
GoodHire is really good for running background checks. If you are evaluating someone under 18, it is not good.
Haven't had any issues with Goodhire's customer support.