Read all reviews
Google Authenticator fills a critical need in a world where individuals have to remember a plethora of logins and passwords for various …
We implemented Google Authenticator for Multi Factor Authentication as a standalone tool for many of our internal systems so our users are …
I use the google authenticators instead of my work phone # because it is a better way to secure your account. I use the authenticator for …
MFA is required for all web-delivered systems/services at the company. With the shift to remote work, we were more dependent on users' own …
In a world where people have to maintain logins and passwords for numerous online tools, Google Authenticator fills a very important void. …
We use Google Authenticator as a tool for two-factor authentication while connecting to VPN. It is incredibly easy to set up on our …
I use Google Authenticator mainly for stronger security. I use it at work and at home. It just gives me that extra layer of protection and …
We use Google Authenticator as a secondary security measure with security-sensitive sites. Each member of my team uses their own …
We are using Google Authenticator for adding a layer of security in the existing environment. We have configured Google Authenticator with …
We use Google Authenticator for several programs in our tech department. It helps prevent unauthorized access to our Google admin portal …
Google Authenticator is software that provides us two-factor authentication. You can use this with the website, cloud-based application, …
We are using Google Authenticator for Two Factor Authentication for our application as well as cloud services. We have integrated it with …
Google Authenticator is a security application which we use to generate the two factor authentication for user sign-in to the …
Google-authenticator is an application that provides two-way authentication for your devices. You can eas[ily] connect your devices with …
Multi-factor authentication is essentially a non-negotiable when it comes to cybersecurity. However, not everyone can afford to invest in …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
User Review: Google Authenticator Serves as an Extra Safety Precaution for Digital Communications
Google Authenticator Creates a Time Saving Process in Business Use: User Review
User Review: Google Authentication Provides Added Security While Keeping It's Management Simple
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
85 people want pricing too
Google Authenticator is a mobile authentication app.
Google Authenticator is a mobile authentication app.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.6.
The most common users of Google Authenticator are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- The UI is simple and straightforward to use.
- Mobile software that is simple to use and trustworthy.
- Trusted to be up to date with the newest security procedures, it is regarded as a reliable source.
- Multi-device support would be a welcome addition.
- Improved renaming and organization options for code/accounts is a plus.
- Expanded platform support.
- Easy to Use
- Best UI
- Easy to add new accounts
- Does not seem as popular as other solutions like microsoft authenticator
- App has a lot of updates
- Interface could be filled up more
- More availability.
- Ease of use - users find it simple and intuitive to use.
- Lightweight - it's not a bulky app.
- Secure - it's trusted to stay up to date using the latest security protocols, etc.
- The UI could be prettied up a little - adding logos/icons to match the services.
- More flexibility to rename and reorganize the codes/accounts would be beneficial.
- "Favoriting" certain codes would make access easier - perhaps via 3D touch, say.
- Easy to set up and transfer when switching between smartphones since it is linked to your Google account.
- Generates a random access key every few seconds which makes it safe and reliable.
- Very quick in validating and authenticating the key.
- Since the key updates every few seconds, we will have to wait for a new key to generate when the timer is almost running out for the current one.
- It gives you an extra layer of protection beyond a password.
- I love that it is an app on my phone so it is easily accessible from anywhere.
- It keeps all of my codes in one place.
- It runs on only a few platforms, specifically Android, iOS, and Blackberry and in my opinion it needs to be available on every platform that is out there.
- SA drawback I have noticed is that if you swap phones you have to blitz the entire app and go back and sync up all the accounts again which can be very frustrating for new users.
- It can also be risky ( for some ) having all all your data centralized in one place.
- Offers increased security
- Verifies authenticity of user
- Gives as sense of peace and security to its users
- Helps companies verify users
- Doesn't always work with every application (not sure why)
- I'm not sure where else it needs to improve
- Easy to integrate
- Time Sync options is easy
- Third-party tools integrations
- Need to build library for third party tools integrations
- Ease of use.
- Great software.
- Takes time to log in.
- One-time password
- More secure
- Time-based password generation
- QR code
- Easy to connect with any third-party application
- Lots of times stuck during work
- Code mismatch due to time sync issue
- Multi Factor Authentication
- Easy to Configure via QR Code
- The Session timeout after code generate is good for security measures
- We can add multiple accounts with a single application
- We face sync issues sometimes
- Browser plugin crash most of the times
- Time based code generated. You will get new unique code after 30 sec.
- You can configure through QR code.
- You can easily to take backup.
- You can combine lots of codes in one application and use it.
- Very easy to use.
- Connect with third party applications.
- Very secure.
- Sometimes face code sync issue because this is connected with Google clock.
- Many times takes time to open.
- No need expert to configure and manage.
- Provides more security.
- Backup option.
- Password protected option.
- Generate multiple codes in one software.
- Google sync time issue.
- Take[s] time to open.
- Easy to use with most two-factor authentication options.
- Compatible with most mobile devices.
- Several issues with clients losing their keys due to lack of auto-backup.
- Lack of central management.
- Cannot do push notifications for non-Google sites.
- Increases security.
- Easy to use.
- Integrated into many websites.
- Cannot backup app data.
- No desktop app.
- Easy to setup and use.
- QR code scan ability.
- No issues have occurred.
- Password-less functionality.
- Ability to re-order codes.
- Ability to organize/ add folders.
- This application makes life easy because you need only one app for all the two-factor authentication requirements.
- It is extremely lightweight and needs no internet. This really helps when mobile runs out of network coverage due to some blind spots at office premises.
- You can manage multiple accounts with a single application. Adding this account is quite intuitive and easy. QR scan is also a great plus in this aspect.
- It does not have any option of cloud syncing. So, if you have multiple smart phones, you will have to setup same things on each smart phone. This is painful.
- There is no additional security for Google Authenticator like biometric[s] or [a] passcode. So, it makes the job of malware easy as the application is open. This is more serious for Android users.
- It adds trouble when you lose your device. The only way is to have your backup codes handy. Because of this reason, I stopped using it.
- It's secure.
- It's easy to use.
- It's app-based.
- Time synchronization doesn't work sometimes.
- Getting a new phone causes issues.
- New code generated about every 30 seconds.
- Backup codes are provided.
- Easy login via a normal google account.
- Very basic UI.
- Doesn't give the option to refresh code if only a few seconds remain.
- Sometimes glitchy.
- Easy to install and use.
- Available on all platforms.
- User friendly.
- GUI can be improved.
- Notification features.
- Offline support.
- Easy access.
- Multi platform.
- Easy transfer from devices.
- Sync with Google account.
- Option for the refresh duration.
- It's easy to scan QR codes.
- Single view for all the OTPs.
- You can import OTPs to other devices.
- Provide an additional feature to give out the next OTP.
- Saves tokens.
- Generates codes.
- Associates them with accounts automatically.
- If you lost your phone you will lose all the info. There is no association with the Google Account. Data is saved locally.
- Great user interface upon login.
- Adding accounts is simple.
- Love the QR code feature.
- The way it's set up you always need your phone on you.
- Lose your phone and you won't be able to get your authenticator account info back.