Best Virtual Classroom Tool

February 22, 2022
I use Google Classroom as a user. My college started in 2020, but because of the covid-19 pandemic, I was not able to take classes on …

• Assignments (49)
  • Social learning (43)
  • Mobile friendly (48)
  • Course authoring (42)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Google Classroom, and make your voice heard!

Education Fundamentals

per student/per year

Teaching and Learning Upgrade

$4

per license/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://edu.google.com/products/workspa…

Learning Management

What is Google Classroom?

Google Classroom Video

Google Classroom 101

Google Classroom Technical Details

Google Classroom starts at $0.

Reviewers rate Assignments highest, with a score of 8.8.

The most common users of Google Classroom are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Education Management industry.

Shubham Pandey | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Virtual discussion - It provide discussion section for every post.
  • Sharing Resources - It provide resource sharing option.
  • Assignment Q&A - We can post Assignment in google classroom.
  • Plagiarism checker- It does not work properly.
  • Google Classroom system allows teachers to grade with authenticity and doesn't provide only one grade for a particular document or assignment.
  • It does have its own limitations in terms of how students see the information.
  • It has an option "to-do list", I personally like this option because it shows us which assignments are given and when we have to submit them.
  • Google Classroom sends us emails all the time when our teachers update or add anything to the classroom.
  • It has mobile application so that we can use it at our comfort.
  • We can use all of the tools Google has with Google Classroom. For example- we can use Google Docs, Google Sheet, Google Form, Google Drive, etc with ease in Google Classroom.
  • There is another option as plagiarism checker which really help in the assignment.
  • Option "to-do list" takes a bit of time to refresh in the mobile application to show our given assignment.
Armand Ruci | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Google Classroom does very well with its clean interface.
  • I love using the different tabs so that I can post different lessons on the website.
  • I love the integration with Google Meet as it is very important to communicate with students.
  • I think the interface needs a major uplift at some point.
  • Sometimes the Google Meet does crash.
  • Sometimes the website is not responsive.
  • Google Classroom is a great website for managing and organizing learning. i
  • It is simple to use for interface.
  • It interacts with a wide range of apps and websites; effortlessly shares, collects, and grades Google Workspace documents.
  • The young students, they usually need an adult to read tabs for them to understand; a totally visual interface would be better.
  • Using an application on a mobile device causes some lagging.
  • Not all applications make it simple to assign assignments using Google Classroom.
June 09, 2021

Ai Ashe | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Simple to use
  • Google Quiz
  • Interconnectivity with many other learning apps
  • More user customization; e.g. Google Sites
  • Able to schedule; not post the same assignment across multiple classes
  • More tools to create custom rubrics
Rachel Piper | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Teachers have immediate access to all student assignments.
  • Live feedback and gradebook syncing.
  • Real time announcements.
  • Google calendar syncing to keep students on top of due dates.
  • There is definitely a learning curve and students benefit from explicit instructions
Syed Tauqeer Haider Rizvi | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Easy interface which every one can understand easily
  • Everyone has a code for attending lectures
  • Keeps me informed about the news and schedule of lectures
  • Mail alert system for any new updates in application
  • Video streaming problem
  • Voice lacking problem
  • Using application through mobile hangs little bit
  • Not all features are supported on mobile applications
Gabrielle Wayman | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Organizing discussion threads
  • Easily accessible tabs for learning material categories
  • Customizable “fun” interface
  • We would like to see more time-related progress tracking
  • Young students still need an adult to read tabs to them—an option for a fully visual interface would be nice
  • It is easy to add larger group of students.
  • Easy to setup online meetings.
  • Easy to share files and presentations.
  • So far, I have not faced any problem with it; I always find it easy to use.
  • Organizes information by topics for user-friendly access
  • Grade assignments for students, giving them instant feedback
  • Works with so many other educational websites, making linking assignments easy!
  • Checklist within the topics for the teacher to mark off assignments the students have finished
  • Automatic notice to students when they have missing work or assignments due
  • Teacher dashboard for a quick glance at the week or day (grades, assignments, class progress, etc.)
Ian Hansen | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Assignment tracking
  • Collaboration of teams together
  • Organization and integration of assignments and documents
  • Permissions to non-Google users is not always intuitive
  • Managing permissions to resources outside of the organization could be improved
  • Chromebook tracking features could be improved
  • The system is relatively easy to begin with.
  • It is integrated with Google Drive and Google Docs, which makes recycling relatively easy.
  • It is platform-independent.
  • It is relatively speedy.
  • Tests and quizzes (in my experience) are primitive and do not allow modern testing techniques involving IRT.
  • Recycling of materials is, at best, counterintuitive.
  • Formation of subgroups is difficult.
  • If we register Google Classroom with our organization's mail ID we can use the integrated Google Meet for conducting online meetings, online classes, etc, but if we are using our personal mail ID for creating a classroom then we need G-Suite for setting up Google Meet.
  • We can perform different online classwork like assignments, quizzes, and also we can conduct online exams with a proper grading system.
  • Each of the classrooms created will be associated with a separate class code, we can simply share this class code to the students and with the help of this code they can easily join our class. Another method is we can add students by manually entering their mail ID.
  • The default integration of Google Meet is absent if we are creating the classroom using our personal mail ID, and for integration we need G-Suite and we need to pay for it.
  • The UI could be little more appealing, since the existing platform uses very simple and basic UI.
  • Uninterrupted internet connection is required for proper working.
  • Communicating with students
  • Correcting work
  • Grading
  • Maybe update the look of it, appears a little old.
  • I can’t make a document for everyone after I have posted it so I have to delete it and start over.
  • Can be glitchy at times.
  • It allows me to share files with all of my students regardless of their location.
  • It notifies my students via email when I share a resource or file with them.
  • It allows me to verify the time and date of the release of information.
  • I don't seem to get email notification when my students post into the classroom.
  • The ability to record voice and/or video messages easily and directly into Google classroom would be great. I would love to be able to stream and store my lessons in Google Classroom!
  • It allows for collaboration between students in virtual space that mimics that of the real classroom.
  • Allows for a variety of tools (i.e., educational apps) to be listed for use by students in one centralized space.
  • It is connecting to the district's learning management system to make the grade transfer process easy.
  • They are making it easier for parents/guardians to sign up for the account and monitor student learning.
  • Integration with the GSuite of products is excellent - the automatic creation of folder structures is a huge time saver and organizational benefit.
  • From a student experience perspective, it is very intuitive and easy to use (and is the same login provided your school is a GSuite school).
  • Google Classroom lacks any meaningful integration with the major SIS providers - meaning marks/etc. are hard to pass back to gradebooks and onto report cards.
  • The grading options are limited - if your school uses IB, or AP, or standards based learning you may struggle to setup the grading features accurately.
February 09, 2020

Classroom for Educators!

• Allows individual “classrooms” or groups to be made to manage different groups of individuals.
  • Makes adding materials and documents easy by pulling easily from Google Drive.
  • I’d like to be able to schedule assignments for three different groups at once instead of having to go into each classroom individually.
  • It would be nice for the chat feature to be able to be turned off by the teacher/administrator on shared documents.
Amy Westby | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Classroom content management is excellent in Google Classroom.
  • Coordinating a cohort of students among many staff members is easy.
  • Filtering assignments to search for could be easier.
  • The ability to quickly poll a class.
December 11, 2019

Jack of all trades

• Creating a paperless environment for staff and students
  • Helps keep the students organized by tying in with email and calendar.
  • Easy for teachers to setup and use.
  • Sometimes there are small glitches with file types on attachments.