Great tool!

[We use Google Forms] across the whole organization. We use it for internal surveys & as request forms.

Google Forms Review

Multiple question types (104)

Response tracking (104)

Survey templates (100)

Themes (100)

What is Google Forms?

3 people want pricing too

What is Microsoft Access?

Microsoft Access is a database management system from Microsoft that combines the relational Microsoft Jet Database Engine with a graphical user interface and software-development tools.

What is Qualtrics?

Qualtrics produces three Web-based products: Research Suite, which helps companies and schools conduct their own custom-made surveys and data analysis; Site Intercept, which allows websites to get feedback from visitors; and 360, a tool to help human resource operations assess employee performance.

Survey Format & Appearance

Survey Content

Survey Logic

Survey Reporting & Analytics

Survey Administration & Security

Survey Distribution

What is Google Forms?

Google Forms is an app for creating forms and surveys, and is part of Google Apps for Work. The product focuses on ease of use; the interface is similar to a document editor, with drop down lists of options and drag and drop question re-ordering. Users can embed images and video into surveys. Users can also program the question flow with custom logic. Google sends users basic summaries of the survey results automatically, or users can export the raw survey results data and analyze it via spreadsheets or other analytics software.

Google Forms Video

Google Forms a teacher/student connection

Google Forms Technical Details

Alternatives

What are Google Forms's top competitors?

SurveyMonkey are common alternatives for Google Forms.

What is Google Forms's best feature?

Reviewers rate Data export highest, with a score of 8.8.

Who uses Google Forms?

The most common users of Google Forms are from Mid-size Companies and the Education Management industry.

January 05, 2022

Wulfran Yao | TrustRadius Reviewer
Besides the easy integration of your google account with Google Forms, it is very easy to create a form for your specific goal and launch it as well. Google Forms [is a] definite advantage to being able to compile a list of questions while expecting a large number of answers [to be] organized in real-time. The fact that it is so quick and easy makes [the software] enjoyable to use. Whether you are a tech geek or a tech newbie, you can easily use Google Forms.
  • Easy integration of your google account with the forms, it is very easy to create a form for your specific goal and launch it as well
  • Possibility to compile a list of questions while expecting a large number of answers organized in real time
  • Integrating with video & photos is not easy
  • Adding text to images would greatly improve this software
Overall, I like Google Forms. It is amazing especially when it is written correctly [so] you can get the proper feedback from other users of the form. This software makes all the difference in the game [and] I recommend [it to] everyone.
The Google Forms support team remains available to respond to questions and simplify things for users. I appreciate the ability of other people to modify Google Forms to suit their needs.
August 25, 2021

Great tool!

Liz Duffié | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Culture Surveys
  • Promotion Request Forms
  • Event Questionnaires
  • Better design functionality
  • Better result viewing functions
It is a great tool for internal surveys and questionnaires. It is not suited for a robust survey as the results functionality isn't very advanced.
There isn't much support for this platform but it is good when you do ask for support. It's pretty user friendly so I don't need support that often which is great.
Sayed Manzar Hassan | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is basically used to gather learning experience of tools at work and has a wide reach of the audience that is the plus point. Multiple questionnaires with ease of use and answer formats are a good hallmark of a good form. It is pretty handy and easy to create a form in order to get answers from your target audience. Mostly used to collect how many folks have acquired practical product knowledge at work.
  • Easy to create product knowledge questionnaire for target group.
  • You can send over 100 google forms to audience via email.
  • You can get response within stipulated time frame.
  • You can customize poll or questionnaire.
  • It lacks advance feature like user-interface, it looks dry form.
  • Functionality tools are not at one place - it is here and there.
  • It needs to add some more space to content creation in order to serve the interests of all walks of business.
It did really well pertaining to the product knowledge questionnaire for the targeted audience and is quite accessible for all. You get responses quickly from your audience - that is a plus point. It is not that difficult to create a form for your target group. However, it does lack its user interface look that does not appeal to a few target audiences and content creation space needs to increase a little more as per business need in order to fulfill the requirement.
It serves the basic needs of a creator and is able to reach wide audiences in order to understand how much is a gap in product knowledge and how to quickly it can be fulfilled. It is cost-effective and open source. Its useability has outperformed others in the market, given usage cost.
Shannon Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use google forms on my website to capture contact information from visitors that are interested in applying for a class a cdl truck driving job.
  • Google Forms captures data that is essential to succeed.
  • Its clean cut
  • Easy and simple to learn and create forms
  • Google forms can improve on getting more responses
  • Creating a more dynamic form
  • Using add on's with the forms
Google Forms is great when using it in a classroom setting or for capturing data on a website or blog posting. I feel it is less appropriate when using form for survey questions. Or trying to customize your on templates.
Sometimes it can be rather daunting to find help when needed with Google products.
January 25, 2022

Google Forms Review

I use Google Forms to create and administer quizzes for my students. I have also used Google Forms to create and sign documents. The software helps to test students that I teach through distance learning. I can use the data to see how my students are doing in the given subject that they are being quizzed on.
  • Create test and quizzes
  • All for creation and signing of documents
  • Automatic saving
  • I think that there should be a way to add a name block in Google forms and have it not counted as a question
  • I think it would be great if we could see the question numbers when creating exams and test
  • Allow for easier sharing results of quizzes and test directly with colleagues
Google Forms is a great tool to use especially when we are teaching through distance learning. The software allows for real-time testing and it allows us to prevent students from opening other tabs while they are testing. I also love that you can see results based on individual scores and breaks down the results so that we can see exactly what the students missed.
Google Forms offers help to understand this software and even offers tutorials for even more help. Google Forms also has an online chat feature so that you can talk directly to a customer support technician if you need additional live support. Overall, I think Google Forms is an amazing software tool for classrooms both in-person and virtual.
Andrea Hester | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Google Forms as an easy way to collect client satisfaction data from our customers. We can tailor our questions to our customers to ask for specific feedback on our service, allowing us to continually improve. We also use it to collect voluntary reviews and testimonials that we can then share as social proof to market our services to new clients.
  • Easy editing UI.
  • Simple, customizable logic.
  • Flexible sharing and sending options.
  • Easy to access data for collection and export.
  • Not as customizable in terms of design/styling.
  • Basic logic options are great for simple applications but not for more complex needs.
Google Forms is a great application for creating simple surveys, collecting answers to questionnaires, and soliciting testimonials and feedback. Its easy-to-use interface requires little learning so it's perfect for beginners or those less experienced in advanced survey creation software. The design and styling options are somewhat limited, but there is some customizability with the color palette.
I have not had to use Google Forms support - it's always worked as expected. However, with other Google products, I've always been able to find a plethora of resources for answering questions or dealing with issues. The benefit of Google is how widely adopted its products are and how robust its support is.
Carolina Reyes | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Forms is one of the most used tools of the Google suite in our organization, its use is given both in the commercial area as in the operational part, daily our technical support analysts record the incidents and failures of each area of our IT infrastructure and in turn records the different affected equipment, this allows us to weigh and analyze in real time the impact with a simple crossing of data in a pivot table, this process was manual and with the implementation of Google Forms saved us diagnostic time.
  • Capture of information from clients and/or consultants for real-time analysis.
  • Knowledge evaluation for our work team, the predefined templates allow the creation of tests and knowledge tests that are very didactic and easy to grade.
  • The acquired data is cleanly integrated with google spreadsheets allowing for fast and accurate analysis.
  • The form completion notifications are customizable and do their job well.
  • Perhaps the main disadvantage is the customization, definitely the templates available are very limited and the fonts are reduced.
  • It does not natively accept electronic signatures, so it is necessary to resort to external plug-ins.
  • We would like to be able to implement pre-determined answers in order to evaluate concise points to our work team.
  • Creation of customized templates in order to share them with the rest of the organization, with your own logos and signatures.
From my point of view, the following are some of the favorable and unfavorable points of the tool:

Favorable in:

Capture and collection of customer information regardless of the geographical area where it is located, just share the link to the form.
2. Real time analysis of the information collected with the help of Google Sheets spreadsheet functions.
3. Formative evaluations since it has different types of answers and its implementation can be at business and student level.

Unfavorable in:

1. Lacks variety of templates which limits customization 2.
2. If you want to collect large volumes of information the tool presents difficulties because it is limited to the number of cells that the spreadsheet allows.

To tell the truth I have used Google Forms support very little because the help of the same tool solves most of the questions that arise in the management of this, and when we have needed support has provided timely solution, thanks to this we have excellent references from Google.
Kim Grewe | TrustRadius Reviewer
I work for an online division of a community college as an instructional designer. We often use Google Forms in our work. Our college subscribes to the Google Suite of Apps for educators and so using Google is easy for us. We have a feedback survey embedded in all our online courses called Instructor Feedback that allows us to capture feedback in real-time about what is working in our courses and what is not. When we need people to sign up for events, we use Google Forms. It has a lot of uses in academia for collecting data informally.
  • The graphs and charts that Google Forms outputs based on survey responses is really useful for creating presentations and for parsing the data. I love this automatic feature since I am not one who works with data per se.
  • Google Forms makes it easy to create really responsive surveys using adaptive technologies (like branching -- based on one answer, respondents may be pushed to different next questions or scenarios.
  • Google Forms is incredibly easy to edit. Drag and drop feature allows for easy organization.
  • I also like that all responses are timestamped and can be made anonymous.
  • Sometimes finding the output -- a Google Sheet with all responses-- is a little difficult. It's also sometimes confusing to figure out how to get back into the Google Form Survey itself.
  • As always, sharing among an institutional Google account and your personal Google account can be frustrating. You have to make a copy and can't share across the two different accounts very easily.
Good Forms is well suited to collect informal survey data, to create sign ups for office hours or for big events. Google Forms can help you stay organized if you are hosting an event where people must register. I like the asynchronous collaborative feature of all the Google products and this feature makes it easy to collaborate with colleagues across institutions in the same system. We collect student and faculty feedback about our online courses using Google Forms.
I don't often need support when using Google products. If I am having issues, I can usually "Google it" and find the guidance I need through the Google Help Center. The Google Help Center usually provides helpful information and guidance. Not only can you get a quick guide at a glance to help, you can also seek out others in the Google Community who may have had similar issues and are willing to discuss and help.
Joshua Welsh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Students in technical writing and other user research classes often use Google Forms to build surveys. Also, colleagues use Google Forms to gather feedback for peer review of scholarly articles. It helps to gather feedback from a wide range of people. One big attribute is that it is easy to use and easy for students and other academic users to distribute.
  • User Research Surveys
  • Peer Feedback on Academic Articles
  • Student Feedback on Program and Course Planning Choices
  • Permissions Settings
  • Reporting Options
Google Forms is a great option for quickly putting together a survey and distributing it to gather feedback on a topic. It works best for close-ended and ratings-scale-type questions. It can be used to gather open-ended feedback, but doing so requires more work on the backend of the project, since the researcher will potentially need to read through a large amount of descriptive text.
I have never sought support for Google Forms, so I can't rate this aspect of the tool.
Chris Wilkey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using Google Forms to register for different student organizations and also as a means to schedule volunteers for different events. It is used across the whole organization, but certain professors use it more often than others. I have been using this for years and I use it as my primary way to collect information from students and other faculty members.
  • It is super simple to use
  • It has the ability to add multiple different fields
  • I love using the Google Sheets feed to parse my data after the fact.
  • It isn't as robust as other tools on the market such as Qualtrics
  • The ability to customize is lacking. There could be some improvements
  • [The] only way to restrict submission is to require a Google login
If you are in need of collecting information quickly, you set up a form in a matter of minutes and start collecting data within the hour. If you need responses for a class, a meeting, or a committee, you can use this in conjunction with Outlook. I also share Google Forms links through Canvas to make life easy in the classroom.
Honestly - It's Google. There is a level of confidence I have with Google support and the only time I have used their support it was quick and easy. I sent my question over via email and had an answer within 24 hours. My problems [were] solved and I was able to get back to work.
Michael Chow | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I first started to use Google Forms, it was used as a course evaluation. I had taught at a school using paper evaluations at the end of the course. But, as an instructor, I wanted an assessment during the course. Using Google Forms, I created a formative assessment to gauge student learning and provide ongoing changes to the course curriculum. I genuinely believe in doing this. I was able to adapt quickly and share constructive feedback with the students. Students were able to submit the forms as anonymous. Over time, I started to create online quizzes with Google Forms too. Not only does Google Forms collects the names and email addresses, but I can also set it up, where it would give the students the right or wrong answer, give them their final mark, and tell them the answer. My students loved it.
  • Create a survey with lots of different kinds of questions from short answers, radio boxes, multiple-choice, long answers check-boxes, drop-down menus.
  • You can distribute these surveys to anyone.
  • Analyze the data in the Google Forms app itself or in a spreadsheet.
  • Receive notification for submissions.
  • Ability to play a video and do other assessments or quizzes in the same question.
  • Templates need work compared to SurveyMonkey. Google Forms are plain.
Google Forms is great for educational purposes. With any academic school, the cost is a factor. Having the accessible version of Google Forms goes a long way for the educational institute and the students who may need to use it. Yes, students have access to Microsoft Forms, but when the program is over, students no longer have access to Microsoft; Google Forms and other applications within the Google suite are free for life.
I never had a technical issue with Google Forms.
We use Google Forms within our organization. Our leadership team creates and distributes forms to the team for various events or surveys. Google Forms has made polling our team's input quick and efficient for our leadership team.
  • Easy to create different types of questions. For example, you can create short answer responses or select one, or multiple choice.
  • It is easy to make things mandatory for the user to complete.
  • It is easy to export the respondent's answers to a sheet document and share [them] within the organization.
  • The ability to make quizzes after presentations or for training has been awesome for our hospital.
  • The visuals can be edited for [a] color choice and you can add images, however, the overall look of the survey is standard.
  • Embedding the survey into a website is not as visually appealing as other survey options.
We have found Google Forms well suited to poll the team on various events. We have used it to get a pulse point on their comfortability with some Pandemic-related topics. We have created quizzes to test team members' knowledge of new products, services, and training. We have also used them for 360 evaluations.
Google has a lot of videos and website information that really helps the end-user with the product. I have not had to call into support to figure out how to [set up] or use any of the google products.
Emma McCarthy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Google Forms as a critical tool in our recruitment and hiring process. Rather than require candidates to submit a cover letter with their application, we ask just for a resume. For folks who have a resume that aligns with our needs, we then send a Google Form survey in order to capture the information that is normally included in a cover letter. We use the responses to our survey to determine whether or not a candidate has the skills needed to succeed, an understanding of our business model and an interest in what we do, and could be a good cultural fit. It's a critical tool in helping us smooth the hiring process (making it easy for candidates to apply) but also allowing us to quickly weed out candidates who aren't the best fit for the role or the company.
  • Very easy to use, both for the person setting up the form and for the person filling it out.
  • Allows the end user to set up a variety of survey question types
  • VERY affordable - it's free!
  • Not always straightforward how to get the link to the survey itself, versus the link to the administrative page where the survey is set up.
  • If your work email is not a Google email, then you must set a form up under a personal Google account
  • Not as robust with regards to analytical capabilities as other survey platforms (but it is free!)
[Google Forms is] suitable for simple data capture, but not gathering large amounts of consumer data. We use it for hiring questionnaires, and it's GREAT! Also, there's no guidance on survey design, which I know some of the paid survey platforms offer. If you know exactly what you want to understand from your survey base, and how to design a survey to capture that info, then Google offers a very cost effective option. However, there's no analytical output, either, so if you're looking for your survey platform to help deliver visualized insights, Google is not your best option.
I can't speak to this, as I've never required support for my use of Google Forms. Again, I'm using it for small scale data capture, and not for market research or data analysis, so it works well for my needs.
Ashlie Pappas | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Google Forms to get to know my audience / contacts as they join my list, for scholarship applications, and for some feedback. It's included in G-Suite so using it doesn't add to overhead and best used for situations where a quick simple, un-styled form is appropriate. It's a quick and easy solution when needing to quickly, easily, and reliably collecting information.
  • It's extremely simple and intuitive
  • It's included in the G-Suite which makes it extremely cost effective
  • It's reliable
  • Logic branding could be vastly improved
  • Increased styling options
  • Increased reporting
It's perfect in situations where you need a quick, simple solution. To be honest, I don't think of Google Forms as much as I should. For example, I needed to have people sign up to receive tester status for a new app and a Google form is much easier, taking almost no type or styling to pop out, whereas a more robust solution takes a bit more time - which doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're hemorrhaging 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there, it really adds up quickly!
I mean Google Support can be a headache, however there are TONS of resources available to find support on your own. Google has also stepped up their one on one support over the past few years immensely. I don't think I've ever had an actual issue in using or figuring out Google Forms, but I know where to find answers to solve issues myself and I know how to get in contact with someone directly.
When we created our online chat, it included a very basic customer survey. We wanted some very specific questions asked of our survey respondents. Google Forms made it easy to create a survey we could then implement at the end of our chats, with the questions we wanted. Data collection is in real time on Google's online spreadsheet, which can also be easily put into an Excel spreadsheet for more analysis. So far we are the only department using it because ours is the only online customer service team.
  • Very easy to set up.
  • All survey results and data collection appear in real time for instant feedback.
  • You can use their data in Excel so you can analyze and create reports your way.
  • You have to be careful NOT to manipulate the data on Google's online spreadsheet, which is why I recommend sending it to your own Excel sheet. If you change any data on their sheet, it can cause the sheet to 'disconnect' from your Forms survey so it no longer collects data and you'll have to re-set it up.
  • This is a free and good product, but it can be difficult to get customer support with Google; luckily it's almost never needed.
For any online survey, Google Forms is one-stop shopping. It's free, easy to use, easy to set up, and very easy to monitor, collect and analyze your data. You can make any question on your survey "required" when essential (meaning the survey taker cannot submit without answering). You can choose multiple choice, scale ratings, or open ended questions to allow your customers to leave comments. You can also have certain pieces of information automatically populated, such as the name of the customer service agent who assisted the customer. There's really no survey scenario I can envision where Google Forms won't do exactly what you want, easily and free.
I've never found out how to get customer support for Google Forms, though I only really needed it once in five years (I ended up finding the answer on my own). There are some FAQ type assistances, but live help is much more difficult to attain.
Caroline Dobson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Google Forms at least twice per month. Google Forms is a quick and easy way to collect information from employees when they're interested in signing up for events, or even just giving feedback. Because it's easily customizable, we're able to make sure each form is unique and curated to the topic we're looking to get more info on.
  • Customization
  • Abilility to distribute
  • Privacy
  • More font options--Comic Sans tends to be easier for folks with disabilities to read and it's not an option
  • Abilility to see responses in graph form within Google
  • More insight into length of time it took someone to fill out the form
Google Forms has been an easy way for us to collect RSVPs to corporate events and also to get feedback on how those events went. This is not a product to use if you're trying to do a longer-form or in-depth survey. For things like an employee engagement survey, we do use a more specific survey tool that provides better insights into responses.
Google's user guides on how to use Google Forms are all clearly and concisely written. I've never needed to reach out to an individual to get support because their documentation is flawless. Not needing to reach out to a representative has saved me time and also makes me feel more empowered as a user.
Google Forms is used by the consulting and data engineers team. Recently, we built a Google form to go out to our customers to ask for reviews after a service was provided to them. It helped us to understand the various reasons for decline in customer retention.
  • Google Forms helps to record and save the responses a user gives.
  • The options for radio buttons, multiple selection, fill in, etc. helps in forming different types of questions and covers a wide scope.
  • Recently, as a fun event at work, we had to send out Google forms to the employees. It had some great images to add for extra information related to the event.
  • I would like it to be more customizable (e.g., change in font, templates, editing options, addition of images, etc.
  • I would like if we could share just a PDF file instead of the link to record responses.
  • A security to check if a person is not filing the form multiple times for benefits.
Google Forms is well suited for surveys, consulting, RSVPs to events, etc.
Google Forms is not suited for surveys or studies where incentives are involved, as a person can use multiple email IDs to take the benefit.
Google Forms has dependable customer service. For starters, most of the solutions to issues are easily available online. If that doesn't work, you can set up a meeting with the team or call them for help.
Google Forms is one of the easiest ways to create surveys and other ways for people to submit information. I use it in an outward-facing way to gather information from those visiting our site or whom we want to contact to get information back from them. It helps organize the data into a simple spreadsheet, unlike our other submission forms.
  • Surveys--a free way to create pretty complicated surveys
  • Feedback--a free way to get submissions, and it puts them in a spreadsheet
  • The surveys can be limiting, especially when you want to use conditional branching
It's my go-to for getting feedback in surveys. If I'm looking to get information from a group, it's where I go first instead of other services that can be paid. It's easy to use, and you can gather the information easily into a spreadsheet to go over after.
It's pretty standard support for Google, which means you rarely get to talk to anyone and have to read documents to figure things out. So, you're generally on your own to figure things out or to see if your question has been asked and answered elsewhere.
Alex Perdomo Ruiz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it as a tool to collect information about possible failures of our services and identify through special forms if these failures correspond to specific areas or if they are particular failures of our customers and also allows us to make timely decisions that allow us to ensure short times of absence of our services. We also use it to update the information of our team of collaborators in a fast and effective way or when we are going to evaluate the information delivered in the training to land the information. We use it in all our departments just to collect different types of information depending on the area, with the forms we can collect relevant information in a fast and effective way.
  • Flexibility and ease of use.
  • The variety of options for the creation of forms and surveys allows for the efficient collection of information in any type of scenario.
  • It complements very well with excel.
  • It is multichannel.
  • Offers free version.
  • QR option for downloading forms and surveys.
  • More styling options should be included.
  • More customization features for form design, this is where it falls short.
Google Forms is ideal for process evaluation, satisfaction surveys, collecting data from a specific group of people including customers, for polls, surveys, knowledge measurement, for simple forms where quick and consistent answers are required, but it is not suitable for complex data collection as it requires advanced skills to do so.
The technical support is complete and effective, Google Forms puts at our disposal forums, chat, telephone assistance, in fact we have used it on very few occasions and their attention has been immediate and timely, allowing us to resolve all our concerns and problems quickly, that's why it is my rating.
May 10, 2021

It just works

We've used it to gather data from our colleagues and other people in our community. It feels like a simple and secure way to gather information without any special software. People are familiar and comfortable with Google Forms so it seems like there is very little hesitancy for people to use it when they encounter it.
  • Integrate into Google Sheets
  • Allow us to easily analyze data.
  • Provides a user friendly platform.
  • Customized colors.
  • Overall customized look.
  • Better integration of branding.
It's great for collecting data that will then be fed into a spreadsheet. I find that viewing and analyzing data in spreadsheets is really useful for me, and so I appreciate this part of the functionality. I think it's really great when emailing out forms to a large group of people from varying demographics because many people are familiar and comfortable with the platform.
I'm only giving this a 10 because I've never needed support for Google Forms. It just works.
Terra Stafford | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've only used Google Forms for internal responses because it's too limited in the design options for it to be a client or customer-facing tool. I appreciate the types of questions you can add, but overall it would feel like a cheap solution if we tried to include it in a paid client project.
  • It's free
  • Types of questions
  • Speed of creating a form
  • Not enough options to customize design or fonts.
  • Too obvious that it's a Google Form, so it doesn't appear seamlessly with another branding.
  • Doesn't appear polished enough to be part of a paid project.
I would recommend Google Forms if a colleague needed a form to gather responses for an internal project. It would have to be a project that I don't really care about how the form looks or reflects on us as a company. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone needing an external or client-facing form because it won't appear seamlessly like other form providers.
I've never used the support for Google Forms. But I would assume that there wouldn't be much one-on-one support, given the size of Google's operations and how small Google Forms is in comparison to their other offerings.
Lee Wheeler | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are able to use Google Forms for quick surveys and other communications which require a response across the entire company. The system is able to put all responses into a single place instead of having to dig through and organize email threads.
  • VERY easy to setup and distribute
  • All responses are compiled into a Google Spreadsheet
  • Useful for internal inventory orders
  • Great for internal surveys
  • Almost too simplistic
  • Unable to style like website forms
Because of its ease of use, [Google Forms is] a great tool for many applications, mostly internal correspondences. However, due to the lack of design capabilities, we can not use as a replacement for website contact forms!
The Form Builder is so easy that we haven't needed to reach out to Google support regarding Google Forms yet.
I use Google Forms daily to create assignments for students, give quizzes, give tests, and survey students, parents, and other staff. I also have used Google Forms for parents to sign up for parent-teacher conferences. It works very well with Google Classroom. I incorporate it whenever possible. It makes grading and keeping track of assignments so much easier.
  • Complete and compiles survey results.
  • Complete and grades quizzes and assignments.
  • Integrates well with Google Classroom.
  • Ability to make short answer responses not case sensitive.
Google Forms works very well with Google Classroom. It has made remote work during the pandemic so much easier. Students are able to navigate with ease and it automatically submits work to Google Classroom when completed.
Google provides quality support for its product. There is a multitude of how-to articles and FAQs to assist with any issues you encounter. Google is prompt to resolve any functionality issues encountered. Google is consistently making improvements based on suggestions from its customer base.
Leo Nellessen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Google Forms on daily basis. My entire sales team uses it to share documents, track progress towards monthly sales goals, tracking of leads, etc.
  • I find the ability to track updates on various documents in REAL TIME. Changes [are] seen as they happen.
  • I love that I can be on a conference call, or be in the middle of training an employee, and they're able to follow my changes/edits as they occur.
  • No refreshing, etc. necessary to have access to the most up to date versions of key documents
  • I store all my training documents and various templates within Google document & sheets.
  • Lack of editing options becomes very frustrating at times
  • [Inability] to change font size is debilitating
  • I wish it was easier to save docs and sheets to [a] hard drive
Well suited:
Sharing of important documents
ability to retrieve data without having to request it
Central storing of important files

Not well suited: Documents/memos that require customization
I do not recall instances where I've required any assistance/support.
Alicia Barevich, bCRE, bCEE | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Forms is used to collect survey information that may or may not be anonymous, but for items that can't or shouldn't be directly included in our primary database. Google Forms are highly customizable and easy to share and analyze the data that comes in. It's also really nice that it can automatically collect the Gmail address of any logged-in user who submits a form.
  • Collects user email address
  • Can share responses with others via google sheets
  • Can customize questions and if/then
  • Can analyze responses via Google sheets
  • For the light system, it is, I haven't experienced any drawbacks that I might expect out of any similar system
  • Stronger if/then logic
  • Specific if/then logic based on which user is logged in
  • Collect name info from their gmail account, in addition to email address
The only time I wouldn't want to use Google Forms is if I would rather have the collected data flow directly into our master database. However, Google Forms data flows into Google Sheets, which is easy to configure for import/analysis, and is a great backup solution, especially if a master database isn't a relevant variable in your situation.
I've never needed to contact support because it's so easy to use.