Just Use Google Voice

July 20, 2021
We use Google Voice to communicate with our clients, keeping both text messages and voice calls in one location. We can also easily pass a …

Hmmmm Yes and No

April 15, 2021
We tried [Google Voice] for our callers in our call center. It worked great, did everything we needed it to do. Was easy to use, had the …

• Mobile app for Android (48)
  • Call recording (50)
  • Call screening (59)
  • Message alerts (62)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Google Voice, and make your voice heard!

Starter

Call Management

VoIP system collaboration

Mobile apps

What is Google Voice?

Google Voice provides smart voice calling to many compatible devices. Google Voice numbers work on smartphones and the web so you can place and receive calls from anywhere.

For companies with G Suite, Voice can be customized to fit the day-to-day workflow. Number assignment, porting, and billing are neatly consolidated in the G Suite Admin console. Google's powerful AI filters spam calls, transcribes voicemail automatically, and lets the user configure your PBX. Integrations with Hangouts Meet and Calendar, and focus on what's important.

With three plans, Google Voice is presented as scalable and instantly deployable — and globally — from anywhere.

Google Voice Video

Google Voice Competitors

Google Voice Technical Details

Google Voice is a free IP telephony service that provides users with one phone number that can be forwarded to multiple phones or devices. It includes features such as call forwarding, voicemail translation, text messaging, and voice calls. Fees may apply for international calling.

RingCentral MVP and Microsoft Teams are common alternatives for Google Voice.

Reviewers rate Instant messaging highest, with a score of 9.4.

The most common users of Google Voice are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

January 06, 2022

Google Voice at a glance

Arkadip Kundu | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am giving this rating genuinely and by my choice this is one of the voice assistant that I will partially somewhat recommend everyone to use this. Google voice is good for is in the way so that we can have all the things do in much more systematic manners.
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Voice meets my needs in providing me with the ability to give out a phone number that is not my personal phone number. Plus, I know when it is a Google Voice call on my smartphone versus a personal call which is nice because it allows me to know how to answer the phone call.
They do not offer support unless you have the Business account for Google Voice under G Suite. This is tough, because Google doesn't really have a customer support team for this service, so when it gets shut down for a few hours, we have no choice but to wait it out. But this doesn't happen that often, which is great.
Joshua Melder | TrustRadius Reviewer
One often has to dig relatively deep into user forums in order to find the appropriate support regarding performance issues. Overall, the end-user support is rather limited and pales in comparison to competitors of Google Voice. I would say, the community for those who use Google Voice is fantastic - and they often have helpful and insightful feedback for those who run into issues.
Ben Caplan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like the support forums because of their powerful search features, but the Google-backed Support team is weak as it relies almost entirely on the forums. But in general, there haven't been many a situation when either the forum or a quick search on the internet didn't yield the answer we were searching for.
September 27, 2019

Try Google Voice

Kaleb-John Loo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Voice has built-in support that is directly accessible within the application. The searchable help documentation provides information on the different features within Google Voice. There are also videos demonstrating how to use Google Voice, which are available on YouTube. Anything else can be found via a quick Google search.
Sam Shearin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I give them a 6/10 because while they are well-intentioned and answer the phone if you have complex technical issues or questions they may not be able to help you. To be fair this may have just been my experience, but IMHO I think google should choose a new company for their tech support or start doing it themselves.
Lochan Kalicharan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Support was not as involved as we would have liked but as mentioned we have not had many major issues that we could not resolve on our own. Many requests have ended up getting forwarded to our help desk and was usually resolved by an onsite technician that is employed by us.
Özgür Erkek, MSc, PRINCE2® | TrustRadius Reviewer
I did not face many issues with Google Voice and I do get support from local and outsource IT colleagues; rather than directly contacting to Google support team. I did though tried to ask some questions for my usage during mobile app and responded accordingly, so I think Google provides enough support - but not sure for deep dive issues.
Ease of use, app features, easy onboarding, and a simple payment plan for a startup, makes Google Voice better than competitors. Overall, if we ignore a few features it is missing, it's worth giving a try. Vonage is better for large organizations but, if you are building a startup and need something quick to get started, I prefer Google Voice.
Google has always been very active with ensuring compatibility of its products across all platforms and resolving any errors that ever arise. I've personally never encountered an issue. Google Voice has always been very fast for me. The only time I've ever had trouble getting in contact with another party is if they are in a location with poor service, which is to be expected.
September 21, 2019

Great

I really can't complain, as Google Voice is completely free, so it's really a good service based on the price. There are other platforms out there that do similar things but at this point, Google doesn't really put out bad products and it's very reliable and works very well, so I think it's great.
Our company really likes using Google Voice because of the security it provides our employees. They aren't nervous anymore when it comes to interacting with the public and don't have to defend themselves from the anger of individuals who might not have been selected to move forward in the interview process. Its simple to use and we'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Bruce Emmerling | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's inexpensive, has a relatively low hardware footprint, and requires less employee training to use. However, one needs to understand its limitations to avoid frustration with its limited functions. The fact that Google Voice can be used across multiple platforms means it can also be used in remote locations fairly easily.