Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Google Workspace Essentials, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $8 per month per user
- Tech Details
Google now offers Google Workspace Essentials (formerly G Suite Essentials), providing a solution for users of Outlook or Office whose teams want to use Google Meet and Google Apps without needing to involve a personal gmail account. Google Workspace Essentails includes Google Slides, Sheets, and Docs, as well as Google Meet, Google Drive, Forms, Sites, and Keep, in a bundle minus a gmail account.
Basic Essentials supports (via Meet) meetings with up to 150 participants, and Google Drive with 100GB per user and 2TB pooled. The Enterprise edition supports 250 participants in a meeting, as well as up to 100k viewers of a Live Streamed event, and 1TB per user of Drive space (25TB pooled).
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- Google Docs & Google Slides are essential to our company as we are remote. Multiple people can work on the documents at one time.
- Easy to share and store files in Google Drive.
- Google Calendar is amazing, it integrates seamlessly with other Google products and it's our company's primary calendar tool.
- Google Sheets has limited capabilities compared to excel. Such as how you maneuver pivot tables, filtering, etc.
- On Google Docs, sometimes if they are multiple people working at one time, you can get shifted around on the doc. For example, if someone made a big edit that took up space, it will shift my content down. I wish you could lock the area you're editing so it doesn't move or get affected by other changes on the doc while you're editing.
- Instant Messaging.
- Calendaring and calendar integrations.
- Ease of organizing important content in folders and subfolders.
- The ability to contain multiple emails in one thread.
- The workspace could be less busy - more simplified.
- Sharing documents
- Visibility on last changes
- Document tracking
- Google Sheets makes us want to say Excel who?
- Make it easier to configure to desktop
- Alerts when shared documents are being deleted
Google Workspace Essentials is not suited or rather not necessary for really small in-office teams. However, in general, it solves all issues that Microsoft Office can solve, and I would highly recommend it as it is easy to learn.
- Price (until recently)
- Recent price hike
- Email sync time
- Calendar events
- Video meetings
- Layout of folders on drive could be improved
- IM communicator could be better
- Real-Time syncing.
- Email hosting.
- Multi-Author creation.
- Cloud Based Services.
- Security for Government Allowance.
- More functionality in office programs.
- Continued growth in Video Conferencing capability.
- I can’t think of something.
- Allows for easy access to documents for purposes of sharing
- Allows for easy downloads of files/folders
- The Word/Excel sheets are compatible with how you use it offline
- Syncing sometimes has issues. There is sometimes a delay.
- Uploading docs sometimes has issues. It stalls when you are uploading two or more docs simultaneously.
- document sharing
- calendar events/meetings schedule
- Search engine. Specially in Drive
- Support. Sometimes the partner where you buy the system needs to contact Google and it is a annoying that you can't contact google directly.
- Email and communication
- File Storage
- Folder Management
- data security
- customer relation management
- large file sharing
- Scheduling and calendar management is great
- Google meet call qualities are awesome
- Synch and share of documentation is great.
- Great cloud storage facility
- Record option to be there in Google meet
- ability to share documents outside google accounts need to be looked at
- Improvement in conversion to MS office based documents and converting those documents to googles format needs a little work.
- Will be good to have a pdf to word converter and vice versa
In case of meeting conduction through google meet a notes section would be awesome for personal notes and the capability to record the meetings would also help a ton to improve the productivity of all users.
- UX design and ease of onboarding/training
- Suitable for smaller nonprofits at a price point that's unmatchable
- Impeccable and responsive customer service
- Collaborative team software for program development
- I'd love to see a formal integration of an Airtable-like program that expands on something like Sheets to really make project management extremely efficient and robust.
- I think it would be useful if public-facing pieces like Google Forms were more customizable to our org's brand.
- Creating some sort of easy-to-manage/integrated CRM, donor management, and marketing software would really change the game.
- Able to collaborate with team members in real time
- Easily keep track of your task on all devices
- Integrates with most CRMs
- Additional features to Google Meets
- Google Hangouts
- Google Sheets
- Video conferencing
- CRM integration
- Task tracking
- Email management
- Shared storage
- Document editing
- Pricing for services
- Integration of personal/business accounts
- Consistent branding (no more name changes!)