Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)

A no-brainer for mid-sized businesses

Couldn't Live Without Google Workspace

Google Workspace - A Workspace For the Mind(s)

The Ultimate Workspace

Business Starter

$6

Business Standard

$12

Business Plus

$18

per user/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://workspace.google.com/pricing.ht…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $6 per month per user

What is Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)?

Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) is a productivity suite for business that includes, Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar for Business.

Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) Technical Details

Alternatives

How much does Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) cost?

Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) starts at $6.

What is Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)'s best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)?

The most common users of Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) are from Small Businesses and the Computer Software industry.

Muzaffar Mohammed | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Docs is a hub for accessing project documentation, SharePoint, and email. We’ve been able to access what we need from anywhere without worrying about lag or loading times. Gmail is an efficient email service with a simple user interface. Chatting through Google Chat has allowed us to have meaningful conversations without needing to be in the same office space.
  • Easy to share files.
  • Realtime collaborations in documents.
  • Can review the history in G sheets
  • Data storage in cloud
  • Can access data across the globe.
  • Google Meet
  • Google Drive
  • Shared Docs
The cloud service from Google (G-Suite) has a great feature for sharing documents and working/editing them with other people. I've found that it's nowhere near as time-consuming to write copy for my clients by collaborating on the document through G-Suite. [Google Workspace] G Suite is solidly my favorite software for email management. Though it took some work to get used to, being able to mix both personal and corporate mail in one place has made me appreciate its intuitive interface.
I have a small business that provides B2B lead generation and business development services. We publish an online database called BrandBASE that covers the Consumer Packaged Goods industry. I'm using Google Workspace for all of my docs - copy, spreadsheets, and presentations. My clients, suppliers, and employees are remote; Google Workspace makes it easy to share and manage data. I typically have sales calls and other online meetings using Google Meet.
  • Share data
  • Storage in the cloud
  • Access data anywhere
  • Integration of Google meet with Hubspot
  • Contacts could be more customized
Google Workspace is well suited for collaboration with clients. I typically develop copy for my clients for email campaigns. Using Google Meet we can go over copy and make edits on the fly in the document. It's in the cloud, so everyone has access to the information.
Our company is using Google Workspace across the entire organization for email, document storage, shared document creation/collaboration, remote calendar access, and meeting planning. It addresses all of the challenges that come with working in a remote environment with employees and being able to share information and collaborate.
  • Calendar management
  • Document sharing
  • Document creation
  • Team/cross team collaboration
  • Tasks/reminders
  • Email management
  • Shared tasks between users
  • Assigning tasks/reminders to other users
  • Features like charts/presentations in the suite
  • Customized integration with personal Google account
  • Better quality/application for Google Meet
Google Workspace is extremely appropriate for every size/scale business especially if they are remote. The ability to share, collaborate and integrate everything in your email is extremely helpful. I cannot think of a scenario where workspace would not be appropriate, maybe in a company with high level security restrictions.
Google Workspace is being used for full collaboration across the organization. We are also using it for all messaging (Gmail, Chat, Meet) to communicate internal and externally with our employees and customers. Currently, we do not use any MS Office applications to have a better ROI for the organization. It has easy integrations with other SaaS applications that we use.
  • Feature releases
  • Uptime
  • Integration between SaaS programs, like Salesforce
  • Sheet functions and limitations
  • Better Chat integrations to keep up with Slack
  • Redlining in Docs
Google Workspace is a simple to use messaging and collaboration platform that is universal between most electronic devices for ease of use. Platform administrators should feel comfortable with the various enterprise levels of security that can be configured. Extra training is needed for those in Executive Admin type roles in dealing with the Executives that they support.
Mike Calabro | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Google Workspace for my freelance photography business. I started way back in the day when it was called G Suite, over 10 years ago. I started using to host my email using my own domain name for free. I also use the Calendar a lot. It was a good solution to have access across different devices. Workspace still needs improvement.
  • Email host
  • Calendar integration across the entire suit of apps
  • Built in spell check
  • email filtering
  • Google Workspace is terrible if you use any Google nest deceives
  • Most Nest devices will not work if you have a Google Workspace account.
  • Surprisingly, Gmail UI is not the best.
  • Needs improvement with organization of apps (Docs, sheets, etc)
If you are a small business and need a good email host, there are not many other solutions as robust and easy to use as Google Workspace. Having an entire suite of tools that work across all of your devices is definitely a plus. I don't think all of the tools under Google Workspace are as powerful to use as MS Word, and Excel. I do love how well Google Workspace integrates with my android phone. I don't know what I would do without it. But, I also hate Workspace. I have many Nest devices that are crippled because Workspace does not support many of the features. None of my nest cams will work with Workspace. Even the cam on my Nest Hub Max will not work if you have a Workspace account. Same thing with the Nest Thermostat. I had to set up a separate Gmail account to use some of my devices, but this is not a good solution because you will no longer have access to your calendar, email, and added services such as Spotify. It is really sad that Google cripples their Nest devices to customers that actually pay for their services.
  • no training
We currently use Google Workspace for many purposes. We use Slides for our quarterly presentations. We use Sheets with an extension to sync with our CRM (Copper). We use Docs to draft departmental guides/rulebooks. We use Google Meet for inter-company meetings. We also use Google Drive to store media from Zoom recordings, as well as for future social media posts. And of course we use Google Calendar for each team member's work schedule.
  • Google Calendar...amazing. I don't need to ask team members when they're busy anymore and play this game of bouncing times back and forth. All I need to do is enter their email address and it shows my calendar and theirs side by side and then select the day and time I find that works best for the both of us.
  • I actually prefer Google Meet over Zoom. Zoom bogs down my computer and I find their UI overcomplicated for what it actually does. Google Meet is simple and does practically everything Zoom does without needing to pay any extra money.
  • Sheets integrates with our CRM (Copper) so it's perfect for us. Being able to export information out of our CRM into sheets and then create pivot tables from that data makes our lives a million times better.
  • There's something about Google Docs that feels a bit...flat. Yes, it's a word processor so there's not much one can do but compared to Apple Pages, the aesthetic of Google's templates is very bland.
  • File management is a nightmare in Google Drive. The entire flow feels clunky and it winds up causing an extreme amount of disorganization within our company.
  • I do wish there were an option to download the entire Gsuite into one app, rather than having to download each program onto my mobile device. Since the Gsuite is kind of contained within one browser, the expectation is there for the apps to kind of exist all in one place. Instead, I need to switch from one app to another in order to achieve whatever needs to be done in each app.
Since our company is structured around Google Workspace at the moment, it is well suited for our entire workflow. I do have concerns though, for when it comes time for our company to have our own intranet built and how well the data migration will be from Google Workspace to that intranet that gets built.
We use Google Workspace to organize, collaborate, and manage our core business tools. The simplicity of sharing with non-google users is one of the biggest advantages to all other collaborative business platforms. Google Workspace allows us to house all of our important assets and provides the backbone for business tools such as Gmail for business, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets and more.
  • File Storage
  • Document processing and sharing
  • Collaborative spreadsheets
  • Offering a desktop Gmail app would be the absolute biggest advancement to the suite
All-in-one tool kit for most business applications including SSO (within google products) helps to further integrate things like Google Ads and Google My Business. Less appropriate would be things like Google Sites, as this service is very simple. With a little bit of emphasis on this, Google could potentially have a decent landing page builder on its hands that pairs nicely with Google Ads.
Single point of contact for all file information, project management resources and client contact. Acts as our main email repository and file management solution. We use features such as emails through gmail, email aliases for continuity, google docs, google sheets, google slides, google drive for file storage and sharing, google photos, YouTube and occasionally google calendar. We use multiple accounts for multiple organizational units.
  • Email management and organization
  • File storage and organization
  • User management and resource allocation
  • Advanced email message processing rules and features
  • Email marketing and targeted communications thru mail-merge features
For mid sized companies where each user will have their own account for collaborating, sharing and using the apps and services. It is less suited if you have an existing email or separate institutional account, as the two services do not integrate well for messages. G-Suite is very user friendly and easy to adopt. The included features are robust.
Google Workspace is being used across my whole organization. It addresses a myriad of business problems, such as being able to collaborate on documents, solving our email provider issue, and allowing us to communicate easily with one another through GChat/Hangouts. I have enjoyed using each piece of Google Workspace. I primarily use Docs, Sheets, Forms, Gmail, and Hangouts in my day-to-day.
  • Collaboration on documents
  • Communication across teams/departments
  • Email provider solution
  • Easy to learn
  • Intuitive
  • Difficult translating Excel formulas to Google Sheets
  • It would be nice to have a hub for all of the programs included in Google Workspace
  • It would be nice to be able to move embedded Hangouts around in the Gmail web interface
Google Workspace is well suited for businesses looking to expand their potential for communication and collaboration on documents. It is also well suited for companies that need a cloud-based solution for a document repository. It is less appropriate if the business does not need collaboration on documents or other user-created creations.
I use Google Workspace in multiple organizations. First and foremost, Google's mail services are second to none. Organizationally, cloud access to calendars, drive, documents, etc. are a must-have for managing any business or organization. In my current position, our team uses Google Workspace to bring the whole organization together with calendar, room booking, docs, file sharing, etc.
  • Calendar
  • Shared docs and files
  • Chat has always been sub-par. We use alternatives.
Google Workspace is a solid choice for organizations of any size. We use it with a team of 250, but I also use it for side projects with small teams and even have an "organization" for my personal email. Because its tools are so ubiquitous and integrated into most any platform, there are very few scenarios in which I wouldn't recommend using it. The only places where I wouldn't see it being appropriate — and I'm completely speculating here — would be if your organization had very strict privacy or security policies.
Kristi Porter | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a solopreneur and use Google Workspace for all kinds of things. First of all, I use the custom domain for my email address. It works so much better through Workspace than the company where I bought my domain. I also use Google Workspace for my work calendar, creating surveys, sharing files (Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Drive), and even for Google My Business. And I occasionally use Google Meet, though I prefer Zoom. It's terrific to have an entire suite of products that works both easily and seamlessly together. I have been very happy with it, and have referred it to others.
  • It's terrific to have a suite of products that is built to work together, rather than having to piece tools together.
  • The email and calendar are the tools I use most often together. I use Gmail through Apple Mail rather than in the browser, and it works great. Also really easy to access and use my calendar.
  • I use the other suite of features both for my own company internally and to share files with clients. Super easy to use and share.
  • I have several Workspace accounts, and it can be kind of annoying to switch between them. For example, if I click in my work email but my Chrome defaults to my personal Workspace, I have to open the file differently or log in and out of the other account.
  • Meet is my least favorite feature. I find it very subpar to Zoom in both ease and picture resolution. It's harder to tell when you're sharing your screen and you can't see comments if you're presenting.
  • Google My Business can be difficult to navigate. I frequently forget where features are and have to hunt around for them.
As a solopreneur with fewer resources, Google Workspace helps me look more professional to peers and clients. It gives me lots of options and is easy to use both internally and externally. Plus, it's affordable! I also use it as a freelancer and contractor for others when they prefer to give me an account/email and let me work as part of a team. And I am also a part-time employee of another small business of about 80 employees, and we use and love it. In all instances, we all receive a lot of value and it is versatile enough to use across all kinds of organizations.
The core of our [Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)] use revolves around GMail, Google Drive, Contacts, Calendar, and for me, the admin portal. We primarily assign drive letters were set up shortcuts so the Google Drive users can get to documents stored on Drive using their desktop applications rather than the Google equivalents. While Google Docs, Sheets, and the others are OK, most users are accustomed to Microsoft Office, or other desktop products. We recently switched to Google Voice, and it has made a huge, positive difference! Getting notifications of voicemail and e-mail, including a (not 100% perfect, but pretty close to it) transcript of the message is very helpful. Being able to forward more than one phone number's messages to a primary e-mail address is also very helpful. These various tools when used together make for very productive collaborative environment, but also does well for the person working alone.
  • Integration of Google Voice with contacts
  • The entire suite of product being available, and being able to interact
  • Storage and sharing with Google Drive
  • Gmail's easy to use flexibility and extended functionality
  • VERY good and attentive support 24/7
  • Very sophisticated, and relatively easy-to-use mail administration. (To me) It seems far more straightforward than Exchange.
  • A single Google Workspace user should be able to have more than one Google Voice phone number (ideally)
  • At times, Google Meet seems a little clumsy (but I think they're about to address that with the new release...It may or may not be better. Who knows? :))
  • Some screen layouts are a tad clumsy, but they are sufficiently malleable that once one gets the hang of it, one can customize the environment quite a bit.
  • A viable (for small business), relatively-inexpensive, virtual desktop that would include/could include a Windows license or, at least close-to-perfect emulation.
  • It would be great if there was accommodation for those who send out a great deal of mail in a given day. Not everyone who does that is a spammer. Although, by Google standards, and relative to some others, Google allows for sending out a good bit of mail, for those who do mass volumes and would prefer not to have their own mail server, it would be good if Google could find a way to accommodate them.
[Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) is well suited for] a small business with a staff that is very closely connected to one another, who share a great many resources, but who may not need a full-blown file server on premises. Any group of people working remotely from each other, needing to collaborate, do conference calls or the like, share information.

An office transitioning from a hard-core Windows environment, with an on-premises Exchange Server, high-end Windows servers, anything that requires very tight integration with Microsoft Office applications, or just prefers the Microsoft way of doing things, would not be a good prospect.
Joysurjya Hagjer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Workspace is used by everyone working at Holidify. It is an integral part of our daily planning, content storage, and data analysis. Being able to access google spreadsheets and documents simultaneously across multiple devices and by multiple users helps in maintaining a cohesive working environment with the current pandemic situation forcing us to adopt a 100% work from home policy. We find it quite easy to use as well and due to google workspace's easy learning curve it becomes easier to onboard interns or new co-workers into our working processes and workflow. The ability to set meetings and reminders via google calendar and the ease with each it integrates into Slack (our official intra-team communication platform) makes it easy such that nobody ever misses an important discussion.
  • Google calendar and google drive [are] integrable with popular communication platforms like Slack making it easy to share spreadsheets, documents, and files. The prompt notifications make it such that nobody misses anything important.
  • Google documents and spreadsheets being [easily] accessible by multiple users across multiple devices makes accessing, edit and [analyzing] data more efficient in terms of time.
  • Google meet is one of the best video conferencing software due to its superior sound quality and ease of access even by third-party users. It is easy to set up meetings and invite users as needed.
  • Support and troubleshooting could be a lot better. Most of the time reading through support does not easily help tackle the issue at hand when trying to learn a new feature or understanding it correctly.
  • Google meet should be [optimized] in terms of internet bandwidth usage and CPU usage when [the] video is turned on. I have mostly noticed an unreasonable spike in CPU usage when using google meet on lower-end devices.
When your work requires constant and effortless document collaboration then I cannot think of anything better than Google Workspace. The seamless experience of creating documents or spreadsheets and being able to share/grant access with as many or as few participants is a gamechanger for an urban working environment.

The pricing could be more flexible especially for organizations that are initially starting out and do not have sufficient funds. More flexible pricing will eventually attract more startups or groups of users to adopt google workspace over its competitors.
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a one-person shop, I am the only user. I initially started using G Suite/Google Workspace when my email became unmanageable using Outlook. My website developer recommended moving to G Suite. It has simplified managing my email and has solved what had become a major problem for me, as I rely on my email, and of course, there isn't a day that goes by when I'm not using it.
  • Email management: This was the primary reason it was recommended to me. Makes a HUGE difference in how I manage my email. It also allows you to do things the free version won't.
  • Google Docs: I use these more now than I used to. It allows easy collaboration with clients.
  • Google Drive: I use this for not only docs but for sheets - which I'm using more of these days.
  • I think Google could provide more info on how to make the most of the product/app. I'm probably not doing everything I could with it to manage my business.
  • I use the very low-end version, so it works fine for what I need. I guess they could try to convince me to upgrade to the higher version, but I don't see them doing that.
  • I like the video component more than Zoom, so maybe they could market that a little more aggressively.
For email management, which is the primary way I use it, I really like it. Of course, it was hard to shift from what I was using, but once I got used to using G Suite for email, I really liked it. I use it all day every workday and have no real complaints.

I think if you're looking for more than that, you would either need to look at other tools or look at the higher-end version of the G Suite/Workspace.
Matthew Gehrman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Workspace is leveraged across the agency as our primary cloud storage, email, shared docs/spreadsheets, and chat platform. We've been utilizing this system for eight going on nine years now and I have no complaints. The system is very easy to implement, add users, and manage our storage needs.
  • Cloud storage & file sharing.
  • Simple email platform.
  • Ease of use & implementation.
  • Authentication across multiple third-party applications.
  • Email cleaning & archiving could be improved.
  • Google Sheets needs functions improvements.
  • Document conversion is a bit off at times.
Google Workspace is great for businesses of all sizes that require ample cloud storage, simple email platform, calendar management, and simple CRM/third-party application integrations. I highly recommend Google Workspace for cloud storage and email over Office365, but there are of courses situations where both are necessary such as Excel & Word. [Where] Google Workspace could improve the most is the Sheets application. I would much prefer the formatting, pivot tables, and functions implementation to mirror Excel. Google Docs though [is] an excellent and simple document editing application. It would be nice if there were some user customization options.

All in all I've been very happy with Google Workspace and will continue to leverage for our business for the foreseeable future.
Sandro Marc-Charles | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Google Workspace mainly for our email and calendar needs. We previously used another provider that worked well, however as Google products are so widely integrated, the switch to Google Workplace has been a more efficient solution for us overall. Additionally, Google Drive has given us some real time connectivity through documents which we did not have previously.
  • Google Workspace handles email seamlessly. It's always easy to find any email I need with the search and label options.
  • The integration that Google Calendar offers makes creating appointments incredibly easy with other apps like Zoom, Calendly, etc.
  • The set up on mobile devices is easy as it is basically built in on both Android and iPhone. No need for IMAP, POP, SMTP information.
  • From time to time I get an email that requires me to scroll pretty far down in order to reply. I'm sure there's a reason why, but for now it seems random.
  • I do wish that we were grandfathered in to the original price we paid when signing up rather than be subject to price increases.
  • Sharing calendars is not difficult, but the process might seem daunting to some.
Frankly Google Workplace is suited for organizations of 1 to 10,000 and beyond. I understand that much of the same functionality can be had for free with Gmail. However, for the low cost of Google Workspace, it's worth it to have a more professional email that includes your domain. So I suppose the only scenario I can think of where it wouldn't be appropriate is for a business that perhaps very temporary.
Shawn Hamp, Esq. | TrustRadius Reviewer
My law firm has used Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite) for over the past decade. At inception, we used Google Workspace for email and calendar functions. Over the years, our law firm has grown to use many of the other features and benefits offered by Google Workspace as they have been offered. My team primarily uses Gmail, Google Drive, Google Chat, Calendar, Google Meet, and Google Voice features. I further use Google Keep, Docs, and Sheets to complete personal tasks. Google Workspace allows our team to collaborate effectively and efficiently communicate with each other. Google Workspace eliminated any need to have a LAN Based IT system or local servers for shared servers or databases. It has allowed our staff to conduct remote work and work together from remote locations and satellite offices.

Google Workspace works on many different devices including IOS, Android, PC, and Mac computers. Our office is primarily Apple-based. Google Workspace easily integrates with Google Chrome to be accessed on a variety of devices.

Our team has increasingly used the Google Chat feature to stay in constant communication with each other. Google Chat resembles and works like Slack. Topics and conversation threads are shared in the different chat rooms to provide the team with organized instant messaging and communication.

• Company shared calendaring
  • Team Communication
  • Shared Data Drives
  • Google is too quick to reiterate and kills software programs that were offered previously.
  • Switching between work and personal email accounts on Google Chrome can be confusing at times.
  • Google does not give information about software updates and new features.
  • Help sections and tutorials could be improved with video presentation about features.
G-Suite is best suited for email and calendar functions. Gmail and Google Calendar are the primary applications in Google Workspace. The software programs easily integrate with other software and platforms and often integrate better than Office 360 and MS Outlook.

For word processing (Docs), spreadsheets (Sheets), data storage (Drive), Team Communication (Chat), Video Conferencing (Meet), it is not the best in class solution. Still, all of the programs and features integrate well with each other.

Our firm primarily uses MS Word and Apple Pages for word processing. Google Sheets is used for a limited amount. Google Meet is satisfactory for team video conferencing even though Zoom is currently the best in class software for that application.

Team communication is easily accomplished in Google Chat, even though Slack is probably viewed as best-in-class software. Google Chat has replaced many of the communication functions that email offered in the past. It's a good tool that the whole team has quickly learned and mastered using. During the pandemic, it was a key tool for the entire team to communicate with each other.

PDF documents can be created with Google Docs, but there is no readily available method to customize and edit PDF docs with Google Drive."
June 28, 2021

It Just Works

Andy Abramson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Workplace is the central hub for everything we do. Gmail, calendar, forms, docs, sheets, slides, so in essence it replaced Microsoft Office years ago. We like it due to the simplicity of sharing, the ease of use, and the lack of bloated features that never get used. The best thing about it is how many other companies we work with use it, making sharing and scheduling a breeze.
  • Sharing files. Nothing is as easy.
  • Making templates-you just save them that way.
  • Forms that integrate into Sheets for tracking data.
  • Forms should be a bigger play in the mix.
  • Ability to share files via Google Voice.
  • Google Meet integration is needed.
Google Workplace is well suited in a team environment and especially for remote teams. It is even good for the solopreneur. Where it isn't good is with companies that are still working in the old school way of doing things, who have not embraced the cloud approach to work.
Justin Salvetti | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Workspace is the main collaborative working tool for our organization. We are spread across the country, and use Google for communication, video calls, storage, and file editing in a variety of ways. It has been consistent, secure, and well priced for our organization. Also, the offering has grown with our company and allowed our employees to work in a collaborative manner, with an intuitive interface.
  • Collaborative working
  • Intuitive interface
  • Covers most aspects of remote business needs.
  • Secure
  • Office-like applications not up to Microsoft's level.
  • Until recently, video calling was not up to level of competitors (fixed).
  • Messaging application is not great.
I think Google Workspace is a great tool to manage MOST of your organization's needs working remotely. I believe their email tool and storage are some of the best in the industry at this time. I also believe many people will still need to purchase an Office 365 subscription to handle more advanced Excel files and editing in Word or PowerPoint, but Google will check 90% of the boxes. I have also found Google to be the most intuitive player in this market, which is great for training people who may not be as used to working remotely.
Jordan Harnum | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is currently being used across the org. We just got acquired by LeanIX, so we are in the process of moving to Microsoft Office. But my team is still using Google Workspace for the time being. Google Workspace was our main organization/ communication tool that is essential for email, calendar, sheets and docs.
  • Calendar usability - after being able to compare it with outlook, the functionality and smoothness of the google calendar is much better.
  • Email organization - email is easy and simple to use. It is also easy to customize to my liking.
  • Google sheets is more user friendly than Microsoft Excel - it simplifies terms and makes navigation easier.
  • When someone forwards me an email thread, those are pretty hard to decipher because of the way the emails are displayed. This could be improved.
It is well suited for any smaller company needing a suite of communication and collaboration tools. It makes sharing and collaborating with peers across platforms easy. It was perfect for our company's needs. I have heard that moving to Outlook is more of a mature move for a larger company, but honestly I think Google Workspace would function just as well if not better at the enterprise level.
Tyler Grudowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Google Workspace for everything at NoMo Diagnostics. It is used across the entire company by each employee at the company. We use it for communication and file storage. Gmail is fantastic for communicating internally and externally from the company. Google Drive is easily the best file storage system that I have used for work.
  • File organization.
  • Communication.
  • Secure file storage.
  • I wish that the PC desktop client worked more consistently - sometimes it has trouble syncing.
  • Sometimes the Gmail application glitches and does not refresh like it should.
  • A lot of times the file upload freezes when putting files on Google Drive.
Google Workspace is well suited for honestly any company. There is really no scenario that Google Workspace would not be useful. It is by far the easiest communication and file storage system to use for anyone. It would be an upgrade from any other email client or storage system out there.
Alan Balasundaram | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Workspace is used by our entire organization for user management, single sign on, email, office productivity, and shared drive access. We split our usage between full access across engineer, operations, HR, and business development, and partial access for departments such as accounting, and legal. What would typically be done using a series of services (Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, NAS) is done through a single product suite.
  • Browser-based email client.
  • Cloud Drive Storage.
  • Google Sheets.
  • Calendar.
  • Management interface is lack luster.
  • Distribution groups.
  • API access to calendar features.
Google Workspace is well suited for startup, small and medium businesses. For very large enterprises managing large users are a granular level becomes next to impossible, and instead policy based controls offered by other competitors are more effective. Workspace provides access to a number of separate product families into a single subscription, which makes it ideal for smaller companies just getting started.
Matthaniel Cowell | TrustRadius Reviewer
Right now, we use it to collaborate on documents, tasks, and other things. It's easy to share things between users and makes collaboration easier with team members. Additionally, some of the meeting integration features are handy and easy to use. We generally find Google Workspace easy for people to use, with a familiar layout that many employees are comfortable with.
  • Collaboration of documents and meetings.
  • Good basic MDM for employee management.
  • Great integration with many products and plugins.
  • Documents suite is good, but could be improved on.
  • MDM is very basic, with no real location tracking of devices, for example.
  • Messaging client implementation is confusing and inconsistent.
Google Workspace is well suited in environments that are OS agnostic and require a deep level of collaboration. However, if you are running an exclusive Windows/Microsoft environment, Office 365 might be a bit more appropriate. Google Workspace is all but essential for mass Chromebook management and handles Android MDM quite well, except for some obvious missing features, such as device location tracking from a centralized portal. iOS MDM features could use some improvement.
Jess Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Workspace is used across the company. It is our primary email tool. We also use the Drive and various document features (such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.). We integrate it with Slack and many of us have Drive on our local laptops. It helps us to collaborate across departments and externally (with clients and business partners).
  • Realtime collaboration in documents
  • Easy ability to share files
  • Ability to view and recover past version
  • The calendar customization and features are great
  • Email formatting is inconsistent
  • Email doesn't have advanced features like Outlook and Exchange does such as read receipts
  • Now that our company has grown, would like to see better ways to view/manage calendar availability
I think Google Workspace scales easily - it seems easy for our admin to provision new users. However, I wish when we added new employees, their calendars would automatically appear in my list of available calendars. Instead, I have to manually add each person, which led to some misses last year as we brought on a record 20+ new employees. And then seeing availability is also tricky. So I find calendar management less than ideal. Document collaboration is great! I love the ability to collaborate real-time on files, and now that they added the ability to upload/convert Microsoft formats, it's even better.
April 15, 2021

Great product

Adam Jackson FGCLP MAHRI | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Google Workspace for all work emailing, as well as Google Docs to document share. We keep all important documents such as setup documents, ABN and other account information, as well as customer information, ordering receipts, and the like. This enables us to ensure that we have access to these documents whenever we need them, and that we don't have to track hardcopy documents.
  • Excellent emailing application
  • Great ability to store, sort, and share documents
  • Google Docs also can read and edit Microsoft documents
  • Creating email signatures with links and images can be frustrating
I use Google Workspace every day, and have a personal and work email account with Google.
I especially like the ability for third party applications to link with Google Workspace. We use Trello to track a lot of our projects, sales, and research & development ideas. The fact that Google Workplace integrates with numerous other applications makes it very useful and versatile.