Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) Reviews

Amy Pyles | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 22, 2020

Google workspace is a must for collaboration & remote working

Google Workspace allows our team to easily collaborate on documents from any device, any location. It’s extremely user and administrator friendly. We would not have been able to maintain our business operations as seamlessly as we have through the pandemic without Google Workspace. Our entire organization uses it and we share documents & collaborate with our clients and vendors through it.
  • Collaborative documents
  • File storage & management
  • Easy video conferencing through Google Meet
  • It isn’t accessible by all organizations causing barriers to sharing documents and using the full functionality.
  • Google Meet is handy but doesn’t perform at the level of Zoom.
  • More robust features needed in Sheets to get full team adoption.
Google Workspace is great for teams who need to build presentations and documents together. It provides all major corporate communication and file storage needs for small to medium businesses. It is well suited for digital-first teams that need to be able to work from anywhere, any time.
Support is good. As a mid-sized business, we likely don’t receive the same level as a top tier enterprise client.
Read Amy Pyles's full review
November 14, 2020

Still the Best

We use Google Workspace across the entire company for all employees. It houses our most used tools, including email, video calls, calendars, document storage, file sharing, and so much more. It makes it easy to onboard and offboard employees since most essential services are linked to a single login in one way or another.
  • Google Workspace is incredibly useful for user management. Automatically assigning licenses or restrictions by organization is particularly great.
  • Google Workspace is reliable. We haven't had a major outage in all the time we've used it.
  • Support is actually pretty good. Calling my ISP or domain registrar is always a pain, as I usually find I know more than them about their own products. Google Support is generally competent with helping people with Google Workspace.
  • Google needs to work on a more consistent onboarding process for organizations that haven't used Workspace before. A bad agent can delay the process by weeks.
  • Google needs to work on consistent naming and branding for things. Workspace/G Suite/Apps, Hangouts/Chat/Talk/Meet/Voice and various permutations have made the past 5 years of Google products a chore to keep straight.
  • While the constant updates and feature updates are nice, they can mean an interface that changes regularly, and occasionally good features that are lost.
If you're eligible for Education or Nonprofit, absolutely give it a try. It's free, and it provides so many essential services. For businesses, I haven't found anything that has all the features of Workspace for the price. If you have a personal Gmail account and want the same for your business with management tools, then Google Workspace is absolutely the way to go.
Workspace has actually great support. Solutions come quickly, and the Google support agents are generally knowledgeable about their products, unlike some competing products I've worked with. The only bad apples seem to be sales/onboarding agents, who at times have been comically inept, making strange requests for documentation like scans of the phone book when first setting up Workspace.
David O'Leary | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 22, 2020

I've enjoyed using Gsuite!

GSuite is our primary email client (along with using Google Drive as our cloud service) across our small organization. This allows us to email, book client meetings (which we integrate with zoom), keep track of contacts, store files, etc. I can easily add/remove users when needed.
  • Lots of integrations with other providers.
  • Simple/intuitive interface (easier than Office 365).
  • Lots of google features that are a luxury (e.g. predictive text in emails, boomerang, etc.)
  • Contacts isn't great. Lots of multiple entries often get created and I can't figure out why. There's not enough customizability in the fields you can track for each contact.
  • Some of the email features are inferior to Office 365 (I dislike how when you reply to an email, where you type the response is at the very bottom of the long chain of previous emails. So if you want to see what they last said to you as you're writing the response, you have to keep scrolling back and forth. If there's a setting to change that, it isn't obvious how and it shouldn't be the default.)
  • Office 365 has done a great job integrating Teams. Google Hangouts isn't as useful.
It's well suited to anyone integrated in Google/Android ecosystem and/or they want to integrate it with a lot of third party software providers (e.g. CRM, etc.). Google does a better job integrating. Also, GSuite is easier to learn and is more intuitive for the small business owner that doesn't have a tech team to run things.
I haven't had a lot of issues I've needed help with. But when I have had to write to Google for support, they have been quick to respond and stayed engaged until we found a solution.
Read David O'Leary's full review
Brian Chung | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

G Suite is Sweet

I use G Suite for my own business. The thing I use the most is its email function. It can easily create multiple emails for the organization and manage how it is being used. It is solving the issue of having a specific domain email. It makes our business look a lot more official. We use the Google Drive feature too and handle most of our shared documents on G Suite.
  • Easy to use. It's simple and anyone can learn how to use it.
  • There are a lot of resources - from organization users to handling business documents.
  • The help function! If you don't know how to use it, there's a simple help function.
  • GSuite can do a better job at connecting it Google Analytics vs. having a separate sign-in.
  • Their admin console could be more customizable and have things like analytics up in the front.
  • The pricing could be lower.
GSuite is good for any small business looking to get started with some professional online tools. It has helped us get our emails and company profile started. It has helped us with managing users and documents. We wouldn't be able to function without G Suite as a business. I think G Suite can work for larger organizations, but it might start getting pricey.
Read Brian Chung's full review
Emily Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

Loving G Suite!

I mainly use G Suite for its email features. However, I have also utilized other Google apps, such as Forms and Docs. It is the most convenient program to use to access all different types of work in one location. I also enjoy mobile apps so that I can always be connected wherever I am.
  • Keeps all work very organized
  • Easily accessible
I haven't found any situations that G Suite has been unable to meet my needs. I feel like it does the job and does it well! I have no complaints, and I would recommend this to anyone in any business or industry as it makes working efficiently much more possible.
I have not had to use much support for G Suite, but I imagine it would be a great service, as is everything else that Google provides. I've searched for questions through the help center, and that was easy to use and easy to find. I'm sure I would have no complaints.
Read Emily Williams's full review
May 28, 2020

G Suite for the win!

We're using G Suite across our entire organization. We switched from desktop applications and a hosted mail server to G Suite for all of our email and document needs. My only regret is that we didn't make this change sooner! In addition, we make extensive use of Drive in order to manage all of our shared files across the entire organization. This gives our team the ability to sync necessary files to their computer and/or devices and retain access to anything in the cloud.
  • Directory management for users and groups.
  • Email and calendaring.
  • Document creation and storage.
  • Ability to share subfolders of Team Drives.
  • Calendar sharing and delegation.
  • Resource management.
G Suite is perfectly suited for organizations of all sizes looking for an all-in-one solution for email, calendars, contacts, user management, and cloud storage. It's an added bonus that it uses tools that our users are already familiar with (Gmail, etc.). In addition, it's not as costly as Office 365 or other comparable Microsoft subscriptions.
G Suite has met all of our needs. We only wish we had found it sooner.
February 17, 2020

Google has got it all!

Our entire organization uses Google Suite, across many departments and even internationally. Google Suite allows easy access to various documents in a shared space, effective email communication, form creation, seamless scheduling, and collaboration. I used multiple Google applications every day and could not imagine working without them. The integration between applications is so valuable; I can trust that my documents, calendar, email, etc. are all functioning within the same type of easy interface, will "communicate" between each other, and are constantly being updated and improved.
  • Integration - Similar user interfaces, consistent updates across the board.
  • Searchability - Hangout messages can be searched in email, documents are easy to find in Google Drive, calendar events are searchable.
  • I'd love for some of the email lab features to be made permanent and more effective, such as canned responses.
  • It would be amazing if there was a way to find, organize, and delete/combine duplicate documents in Google Drive - a suggested cleanup feature.
G Suite is the ultimate easy, integrated, and functional solution for multiple tasks, communication, and workflow, no matter the company or industry. If you're sending an email, creating a document/form/spreadsheet, or chatting with coworkers, there is not a more elegant solution that is easy for everyone to use, as most people are familiar with some Google products in their personal lives. Perhaps there are more complicated situations in which a specifically tailored platform would be more helpful (e.g. sales), but for the basic backbone of an organization's functioning, G Suite is the way to go.
Apart from some features that have been in the lab for a long time (e.g. canned responses) with no apparent effort to make them permanent and more functional, despite customer feedback, I have not had any negative experiences with Google's overall support. I'm not sure how I would even contact Google support, but answers to questions seem easily accessible on various online forums (thanks to Google search) and our IT department always seems knowledgeable about how to use G Suite.
April 23, 2020

A great all-in-one solution for various business needs

We use G suite for our email service, our company collaborative work space, and also our way of sharing internal documentation. It is used in almost all departments for various functions.
  • Search across its different tools.
  • Allow for seamless editing of a document while in various locations.
  • Provides an easy standard to follow across departments.
  • Email search sometimes has wonky results and will find an email from months ago when searching a user as opposed to the one that came in 10 minutes ago.
If you're trying to scale and standardize work flows, software, etc. in a business it is the best solution. If you want the very best email, collaboration, etc. you may want to look at other tools, but the all-in-one box is quite a great offering.
I've never used it so I have no opinion on needing support. It rarely has issues, and since Google is known for its service, I can't imagine it would be poor. But I personally have no experience with support.
December 19, 2019

The New Gold Standard for Business, Employees will cheer you for ditching Microsoft

The pantheon of Google apps known as the G Suite is a gift to startups, and have seen it used immersively by multiple former employers. While individual Google apps are powerful, and generally near best-in-class for their respective applications, adopting all of the apps under the G Suite aegis provides knock-on benefits as each app used integrates seamlessly with the rest. Particularly useful in the realm of file sharing/storage to have everything consolidated, but also nice for more mundane things like copy-pasting, formatting, etc.
  • Simplicity and intuitiveness contribute to a beautiful, clean, and professional UI that makes Google apps easy to learn and a pleasure to use.
  • Integration between spreadsheets, PDFs, text documents, etc. without the bugs and constant, maddening design flaws inherent in the counterpart Microsoft offerings.
  • I've been advised by people smarter than me that Google apps don't have the highest levels of security - they're great for work that isn't highly sensitive or have statutory security requirements.
  • In various apps, Microsoft apps will offer a greater range of functionality (at the cost of usability, complexity, and poor UI/UX).
A typical company without a ton of capital to spend on a premium product will find that the G Suite offers everything they'd wanted. When I begin new jobs I always pray the new employer uses G Suite, since I can be confident knowing I'll be able to hit the ground running. G Suite might not be appropriate for everyone, but it is superior to the suite of Microsoft apps in practically every regard.
As a G Suite user you will enjoy frequent updates, negligible/non-existent performance issues, and the full firepower of the Google enterprise driving development.
Kristopher Kauth | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 30, 2019

G Suite was what we were looking for, and more.

We use G Suite across the whole company. It has let us be agile with licensing and features, and made it easier for us to administer the system by being a cloud based solution. We trust that Google has more expertise and resources to build redundancy and availability into their systems, so we don't have to fumble with those things on premises.
  • It has good uptime and redundancy. Certainly better than we had when we were managing our own email server.
  • We can scale up or down in real time, and costs are pro-rated, which is important with any business that has fluctuation in it's employee base.
  • With email, document storage/sharing, and sites, it allows us to manage things in one location.
  • The fact that so many other services have built in "Sign In With Google", it makes it easier to deploy or integrate with other technologies.
  • It would be nice to have Google be the "be all, and end all" of our authentication across all systems. I know it is possible to do most things through Google Cloud Platform development, but that is beyond the capabilities of most smaller companies. IdP, LDAP, SSO, etc.
  • Better options for "network storage", to migrate off of a traditional model of having a network drive for company/team use. The higher tier of G Suite has Team Drives, which partially helps address this, but does not do it well enough to eliminate our old network drives without sufficient training of users to break habits that they have been trained to do for decades.
  • Where is the ability to "flag" emails as important/urgent? I know if someone using an email application such as Outlook flags an email and sends it to me, Gmail is able to show me that flag, but there is no way for me to actually set that flag from inside Gmail.
G Suite is great for non-profit organizations, local groups/clubs, etc, where they have been using individual email addresses and disjointed file sharing. They can get 50 users for free through G-Suite. Businesses that want ease of use and administration, seemingly limitless storage, and agility with their users and licensing would make good use of G-Suite.
Read Kristopher Kauth's full review
Will Manuel | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 12, 2019

Keeps our business running

We use G Suite for nearly everything in our business. We use Sheets for tracking time and quick proposals and docs for our longer proposals and official outbound communication. We highly utilize Gmail as our official email service provider and G Drive to store all of our important files and documents.
  • Fast "cloud services provider" for all of their major tools.
  • Seamless integration between tools.
  • Always up to date and bugs are minimal.
  • I've had some issues with Gmail loading/sending messages in the past but it has been minimal and intermittent.
  • It would be great if they had a simple graphic editing tool.
  • They should carry over the voice to text tool form G Docs into all their applications, especially Gmail.
I have used G Docs most recently to quickly dictate responses to reporters for media coverage. This has saved me countless hours and has allowed me to be featured in such places as Reader's Digest and Business Insider. Without this tool, I simply would not have taken the time to go through the correspondence back with a reporter and I would not have gotten the press I've gotten the past 3-4 months.
I would love to see a live chat option.
Read Will Manuel's full review
Jillyn Dillon | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 29, 2019

A Sweet Solution for your business needs

I've been using GSuite since it was a free service. It used to be pretty much identical to free GMail accounts, but over the years, Google has added a lot of features and upgrades. GSuite is an excellent replacement for Exchange email services. It's easier to manage and set up, and in many cases, it's less expensive too. It also has many more integrations that Exchange generally offers, though that's improving.
  • Email, obviously.
  • Online video chat.
  • Document creation and sharing, even co-editing.
  • Online cloud storage for files, documents, etc.
  • Google Identity, which allows you to use your GSuite ID to log into all kinds of things online with good security and minimal password management.
  • Online surveys and forms.
  • Calendar and meetings.
  • Integrations.
  • The support is mediocre.
  • It can be confusing if you need to change something — upgrade, etc.
I recommend GSuite to clients all the time. It's a great email solution for most businesses, because it provides excellent stability and receivability, along with a bunch of additional services you don't typically find in a single package. It also integrates with pretty much everything out there that does integrations — CRMs, scheduling tools, Slack... Got a space-age microwave? It probably connects to GSuite. Just kidding. But seriously, the GSuite API is great, and nearly every SAAS developer out there integrates with it.
Read Jillyn Dillon's full review
June 04, 2019

G Suite is the Right Choice for Organizations of All Sizes

We use G Suite internally as well as implement it for other organizations. We also use and implement the main competitor, Office 365.
  • G Suite was built from the ground up as a web service and works extremely reliably. Office 365 was patched together from a legacy application and frequently breaks during weird processes.
  • G Suite is far more intuitive and easy to manage vs. Office 365.
  • Support for G Suite is far better than the alternatives.
  • While the Google productivity apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.) are good, the native desktop apps from Microsoft are still more powerful in some aspects (though not others, such as collaboration and revision history)
  • Gmail is a far better option than Outlook (having used both extensively), but many legacy users can't be convinced of this and insist on Outlook. This isn't a big deal, but the Outlook connector hasn't always had top priority for updates and support from Google, though this has improved some.
G Suite is by far the best option both in terms of user experience as well as for management. We frequently deal with headaches from our clients who chose 365 and end up with endless problems.
Ed Hart | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2019

Perfect email, document management & file storage for small business

We utilize G-Suite across our company for email, documents and file storage. We are entirely cloud-based and with G-Suite, we don't have to manage any file servers or complex LAN configuration. It's pretty much an all-in-one office document and email solution for us.
  • Fully integrated solution for us with email, documents & file storage.
  • Everything is backed up instantly & sharing/collaborating is really easy.
  • Pretty much maintenance free. Allows us to operate virtually with no IT staff.
  • G-Suite is a very economical solution for the company compared to having desktop applications and the necessary infrastructure to support.
  • I can really easily manage all of the users of the G-Suite applications & don't have to be particularly technical.
  • We run into some limitations around document formatting (both Docs & Sheets)
  • Maintaining some consistency around the Drive file structure & organization when sharing is difficult
  • Cleanup of old and outdated docs can be hard to do.
I can't imagine doing a startup or lean growth organization without G-Suite after having been using the platform for a few years. Having formerly dealt with desktop applications and the infrastructure required to manage them, G-Suite is like a breath of fresh air. For smaller organizations that need to be lean, nimble and fast-paced, I think G-Suite is a perfect solution for email, document management & file storage. I can see where larger, more complex organizations with a lot of security and user roles would struggle a little, but for the small to medium-sized business, I think G-Suite is the way to go.
Read Ed Hart's full review
Eric Omondi | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 25, 2019

What I like and don't like about about this office suite.

For me, G suite is a lot of things—reliable, accessible, feature-packed, and user-friendly. I've been using it for years and I can comfortably say that it doesn't disappoint. Now, I know that it's still a few features shy of being as good as the Microsoft Office suite, but it does have its fair share of perks and added features. So, in a nutshell, I use G Suite because it offers me the kind of accessibility I need to effectively and efficiently complete most of my office tasks. That's because I can use it to edit Word documents, Slide presentations, or even manage Spreadsheets. The best part is that I get to enjoy all its perks and features at absolutely no cost. Not to mention, the 15GB free cloud storage that comes with each Google account. That means that I can store all my files online where I can access them whenever I want and from any place or device. Amazing, right? Well, it gets even better. G Suite applications allow for easy collaboration. That means that I can share, edit, view, and have access to files together with my colleagues.
  • It's FREE to use.
  • It makes it easy for users to share and collaborate on their documents with others.
  • Has a great user interface that's easy and fun to use.
  • G Suite can be accessible at any time or place and from any device as long as the user has an internet connection.
  • You can use it without an internet connection.
  • Also, you won't get as many programs as you get with Microsoft Office (Access, Publisher, Project, and so on)
If you're always away from the office or have a lot of document-work that needs team collaboration, G Suite offers you the right tools and features to get the job done. With it, you don't have to worry about access to your documents regardless of where you are, what time it is, and which device you're using.
Read Eric Omondi's full review
Juan Esteban Camacho Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 30, 2019

Best tool for team work

The G Suite platform works across the whole company. Is the default service for Mailing, Documentation and even internal messaging. G Suite allows to share heavy file trough Drive and work in co-op mode with Docs, Slides, and Sheets. The infrastructure behind G suite to share files within Meet app for Videoconference build a solid workflow. G Suite is strongly suited for teams.
  • Fluid and well-integrated tools for teamwork. Shared files and co-op editing works just perfect.
  • Gmail integration with drive allows us to have any file at hand.
  • Cloud power + teamwork is the best tool for a Company. It makes everything easy and quick to use
  • The User interface could be improved more. Sometimes is not that intuitve.
  • The view configuration of Drive have always been hard to read. Locating a file isn't difficult but could be more visual-friendly
  • The Chat app could add the Group chat feature for teams.
G Suite is well suited for Team work. G Suite works alongside your personal Google Account. It can be integrated into your everyday lifestyle without feeling like a work tool. However, some features like Group Chat in the Chat app and a better visual-friendly interface in drive could improve the workflow available for employees.
Read Juan Esteban Camacho Rodriguez's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2019

G Suite gives us peace of mind

G Suite is being used by every single employee at our company. I have to say that my life is so much easier because of G Suite. There are so many great functions about G Suite. I love that G Suite is entirely in the cloud. I love that all of the apps can be accessed anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection and your Google login information. G Suite allows you to store, work, and share your files with your co-workers with ease. I use G Suite every day and it has saved me a bunch of time. By being able to have all our files and all work done in the cloud, employees do not need to worry about their work being lost nor does the company need to worry about not being able to get those files when the employee leaves the company.
  • All functions of G Suite is in the cloud. No more worrying about losing files.
  • The ability to share with coworkers with ease.
  • Can access G Suite anywhere in the whole that has internet connection.
  • I do not care for the improvements made to the G Suite Calendar. They cause me to spend more time than necessary.
  • It would be nice to be able to access the files offline similar to Microsoft Products.
  • I wish the G Suite apps for smartphones were easier to use. I struggle with being able to have the same functions as a computer does for the G Suite apps.
G Suite is a huge time saver for any business and G Suite's pricing is fair and they only charge based on the number of users, which is really cool. G Suite makes my life so much better and easier. I am glad my company uses G Suite because I do not have to worry about the projects getting lost since they are autosaved to G Suite's cloud.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Megan Ronecker | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2019

G Suite is great for business!

I'm a freelance graphic designer and I use G Suite for my email, and to create documents for myself as well as to send to clients. I like that I can send it to anyone and not worry about them needing specific software to read it. I also like that I can pull up my documents anywhere with Internet access. It's not just tied to my computer. Additionally, it keeps all my files in one place.
  • Anyone can open the documents regardless of computer software. You don't have to worry if they have Microsoft Word or Mac's Pages.
  • Easy to send and receive to and from clients. I can create spreadsheets and docs and easily save or send what I need to. I also love that I can see what others do to edit my document.
  • Access anywhere you have Internet access. They are automatically saved to your Drive so you don't have to worry about losing files or not having access to specific ones when you need it.
  • Gmail is so easy to use, looks clean and professional, and it's easy to find old emails that I wanted to refer back to.
  • Google Docs is great if you just need a simple document, but doing anything more than that, such as making it a little prettier by adding a design or imagery, is very limited. Of course, you can add pictures, but not in the capacity you can in Word or Pages. I've tried to create templates for clients in Google Doc and it just doesn't work. I wish it did, as it's a great universal software.
  • I wish that you could use your computer's own fonts for Google Docs and Sheets. You're stuck with the Google fonts and, while they have many to choose from, I would prefer to use the fonts that I always use in my branding.
  • I wish there was a way to create your own "tabs" in the Gmail filter when you configure your Inbox. While their algorithm is very smart, knowing what emails are promotional and which are from friends, there are certain ones I'd love to have grouped together in other categories.
I think businesses that need a professional email address would benefit from G Suite. I love the Gmail email platform, and from there found how valuable Google Docs/Sheets/Slides are. I think it would be even more useful for a business that had multiple employees to be able to stay up to date on documents together.
Read Megan Ronecker's full review
Oral Tosun | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2019

G Suite is a must have app for every online business owner

G Suite provides an online presence for a company. I have been using G Suite since I started my online business. Google has different services related to business. Using your own company name in these app services ensures searchability. It provides a reputation with my customers. G Suite provides more storage area on the cloud.
  • Customized business name on Google applications. This feature is related to my company reputation.
  • Larger data storage area for your business provides flexibility when running your business.
  • Using your company name on G Suite's email extension means presentability.
  • The storage area provided by G Suite could be larger than what they offer now. It would be good to have 100 GB storage area for my business since my job turns around mostly large digital files.
  • There are no huge differences between the standard Google usage and the G Suite for my business. It would be better to see much lower prices on G Suite.
G Suite is a must-have application for those who run a business. If you want to see your company name on the internet in a reputable way then you definitely should try G Suite. G Suite and its application ecosystem would help your business track your customers' data, send branded invoices, set up online meetings, keep your business calendar up to date, etc.
Read Oral Tosun's full review
April 19, 2019

G Suite - Why mess with office licensing if you don't have to?

We standardized on G Suite as our "collaboration" tool years ago. However, for us, it is far more than just a "collaboration tool." Yes, we use it for Google Drive/Docs/Sheets and Gmail, but we also have used it extensively for Identity Management. We expect all tools we use to fully integrate with G Suite for authentication. It has led to a more secure but also user-friendly environment.
  • Email.
  • Access to files anywhere.
  • Identity Management.
  • Direct customer service (account reps).
  • Messaging.
  • Departmental file sharing.
Most importantly G Suite is affordable compared to its competitors. It is also incredibly solid with email. We do not have problems with viruses and phishing that many of our peers have that are on other products.

I wish TeamDrives were better. One of our departments was an early adopter and unfortunately even today TeamDrives still disappoints for group/departmental file sharing.
March 28, 2019

Top of the Line Suite of Apps

In education at the high school level, we use G Suite pretty extensively (although we incorporate a variety of other tools as well) inside the 1:1 classroom. G Suite Apps have opened the door to more seamless technology integration in our district while also increasing teacher feedback, collaboration, and productivity. Our students use G Suite for a variety of things, especially when group collaboration is at the helm including lab reports, presentations, data analysis, etc. Our teachers use Google for most of their practices now, including ways to make their content more interactive and engaging such as digital playlists with Google Sites. This has made our teachers more productive while also removing the need for physical paper.
  • Simple navigation of tools
  • Single sign-in
  • Managed account administration
  • Open live collaboration
  • Auto save
  • Embeds and links with other programs/apps
  • Advanced customization in google sites.
  • Google keep the background color. The white on white gets lost.
  • Something to help with drive organization/cleaning.
G Suite is great for pretty much all tasks. I use Google daily for everything docs, notes, and a variety of other tools. These features have been a game changer in education. The best being the digital file cabinet called Google Drive where a student can manage themselves digitally and collaborate with live updating. This along with your primary email and calendar make Google conducive to education.
March 02, 2019

Some Brief Information about G Suite

Our usage of G Suite started with Google Apps. We simply needed an e-mail service for our domain name. Our decision was to use one of the cloud services. Google Apps was free at that time with full functionality. We witnessed the evolution of Google Apps. From the very start, we used it company-wide.
Now G Suite is used for corporate e-mail, SSO, account management (when integrated with other cloud services), collaborated work thanks to documentation applications, and the teams drive for team document sharing.
Thanks to G Suite, we have a managed environment with no server cost, up-to-date and evolving products, flexible licensing, and wide control on policies, with almost zero downtime.
  • G Suite's control on how the accounts can be used varies. Such as, if the account owner can share documents outside of the company, or if they can log in to youtube with the corporate G Suite account. There are many many security options.
  • G Suite's office applications are enough for everyday usage. It also lets you do complex operations with google script, which lets you use javascript for your macros. Also, you can create your own integrations thanks to custom macros.
  • The other applications which are part of G Suite create an environment which allows you to collaborate, share, and communicate. And they are flexible for your business needs.
  • The email application has some improvements over regular Gmail. You can set SPF and DKIM dns records to be known as a verified sender. Thus your emails won't be marked as spam by supported email servers.
  • You colleagues can use the regular clean Gmail web interface or any pop3/imap client. You can create email groups, aliases etc.
  • The hangouts replacement Chat application has some room for improvement if it's to replace your current alternative solution, such as Slack. But if you're needing such an application, it'll be enough for you.
  • The Gmail web interface needs some improvements to filter the emails for mouse users. If you use advanced keyboard shortcut keys, that won't be an issue.
G Suite is very well for your corporate email, collaborated work, communication platform, and shared drive needs, besides personal tools like keep and photos, which are also great. For further needs, you can create your own add-ons to do your daily tasks.
But if you heavily need a solution such as a share point, there need to be some heavy customizations done in G Suite. To display the email attachments without installing any other software on your PC, G Suite supports well-known file formats, but for others, you need to install add-ons. This raises data security questions.
January 17, 2019

G Suite -- Great for Education

My current organization just selected G Suite as our primary collaboration platform. I have 10+ years in another organization using it as well. G Suite's ease of sharing and organization of content make it ideal for educational environments. There's very little training/learning overhead for staff and students. The unlimited Drive storage is also great!
  • It is so easy to teach users how to share documents and content -- very, very intuitive.
  • The other core tools in G Suite are also easy to use and intuitive -- very little training or tool learning required. It makes it possible to focus on core educational issues rather than learning tools.
  • The G Suite products are also very reliable and predictable. The collaboration and sharing is rock-solid.
  • It would be great if Gmail were just a bit more enterprise-friendly.
  • The tools are continuously updated -- which is great -- but the interface will change and can cause change fatigue for staff.
  • Hard to come up with a third item, but if I were to nitpick, I'd say some of the tools are not quite as fully functional as their MS counterparts, but this is again not a major concern.
G Suite is a great tool for educational institutions. There are so many professional learning resources already developed that help to transform instruction. The tools are also super-easy to learn and use. The tools are robust and make collaboration and sharing for students and staff very easy. Of course, the price point makes it an easy solution to own as well.
April 03, 2019

G Suite is SWEET

Google has been one of those tools I use for all sorts of things, from email to calendar, to Google Drive. There are just so many tools to use that benefit a variety of uses. Google Drive has helped me keep pictures and allowed for digital filing when needed.
  • How easy it is to use the calendar to schedule events and invite others to meetings.
  • Adding and sharing files in Google Drive.
  • All around simple ease of use.
  • More elaborate features in Google Sheets.
  • I love using Grammarly. If Google could do something similar that would be great.
G Suite works really well for businesses looking for a free or inexpensive office program similar to Microsoft. Google works out really well as it is easy to use and you can link your google account to so many other tools. They also have tools and apps for all sorts of tasks including presentations, surveys, documents, task lists, calendars, spreadsheets, and reminders.
March 12, 2019

It's G Suite. 'Nuff said.

I generally use Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar apps. It's very easy to run my whole business from there, especially syncing appointments and sending larger files to my clients. I use Docs to track my business activities and ad spend. Gmail, of course, gives me a clean interface to work out of, and I can add Streak CRM for Gmail and FullContact for lead tracking, networking, and a smoother workflow.
  • For Google Drive: Very easy to sync all my files into the cloud and send them to my clients.
  • For Gmail: It's the robust, clean interface that I love the most. It's so easy to use and has been my favorite email application of all time.
  • For Google Calendar: It's no fuss and I'm able to set up appointments and block times easily.
  • I wish Google would help new users understand all the features better. I feel like I'm only using half of what's available to me.
I think G Suite is suited in almost all situations. I can't think of where it wouldn't be useful.

About Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)

Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) is a productivity suite for business that includes, Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar for Business.