Score 8.5 out of 10

• Screen sharing (143)
  • Over-the-Internet remote session (143)
  • File transfer (134)
  • Session record (102)

2 videos

User Review: LogMeIn Rescue Functions Efficiently by Making Multiple Connections Simultaneously
02:35
LogMeIn Rescue Saves a Trip For IT Tech With It's Remote Functionality: User Review
02:39

What is Rescue?

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.logmeinrescue.com/pricing?u…

13 people want pricing too

Sorry, this product's description is unavailable

What is TeamViewer?

TeamViewer provides software for both remote management and online collaborations. With TeamViewer, users have access to fully integrated online conference solutions for audio and video communication, including interactive screen sharing and remote access features.

Product Demos

Rescue + Mobile - Where support gets done.
02:18

Features

Remote Administration

Remote administration software is used to control a computer from a remote location.

8.4Avg 8.3

What is Rescue?

Rescue is a remote support solution for PCs, Macs, and mobile devices. Rescue is designed to help IT teams to offer fast technical support and ensure a secure remote support session for both the IT professional and the end user. From small teams of IT helpdesk technicians to enterprise-level organizations, Rescue aims to offer the flexibility needed to remotely support employees and customers, as well as enable remote work.

Rescue Features

• Supported: Desktop Calling Card
  • Supported: Customer & Predefined Support Channels
  • Supported: Agent & Administrator Management

Rescue Video

When it comes to support, you need to be able to help end-users whenever, wherever. Rescue + Mobile allows IT and customer support teams to provide comprehensive, efficient support to not only PCs and Macs, but Android and iOS mobile devices as well. With Rescue’s mobile capab...

Rescue Integrations

Rescue Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Reviewers rate Screen sharing highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of Rescue are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

January 28, 2023

Dependable software.

Keren Sangalaza | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am remotely connecting to customers to troubleshoot devices on a daily basis. Remoting into phones, computers, and tablets. Typically businesses need software that can integrate with other software, and LMI can be interpreted with other software such as in tune. I am not opposed to continuing to test the software out. Go to has a lot of useful products.
  • Easy Connection to Devices.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • Dependable.
  • Notification of outages.
It is appropriate to remote into authorized devices. However, it can be difficult to get the customer or client to download and run the program. There are a lot of prompts on the end users' side. It is less appropriate to use when a technician is familiar with the format of an operating system.
December 09, 2022

Remote Rescue

We Use Rescue for our remote-in software solution to connect and troubleshoot various problems my coworkers experience. I work in IT and I have to assist everyone in our organization and Rescue gives me the ability to connect to their devices anywhere they may be and fix their problem without wasting time traveling to them.
  • Multi-Device Connectivity
  • Quick Response
  • Ease
  • Scammers use it a lot
  • Cell phone connectivity
  • Less Scammer use
Remote is well suited if you need to constantly connect to various computers to troubleshoot or to work on different servers or computers from far locations. We have several offices that I have to manage and employees constantly need help with their devices. A scenario where it would be less suited would be if you only have one work location where you don't need to travel.
We use Rescue on the help desk to support 1000+ clients, we find it works great for us as an on-demand tool, as well as the unattended option. The ease of navigating the user to the website to simply enter a code reduces our time to connect and start investigating. The unattended access is great for servers and generic PCs, which we have this installed on to allow us to connect on securely and easily.
  • On-demand remote connections
  • Unattended connections
  • File transfers
  • Chat between client and agent
  • The price point is pretty high, especially for a larger team
Rescue is perfectly suited to helpdesk environments where the need to connect to so many different devices, so often, is high. A quick and seamless method is required to assist the client most efficiently and Rescue does this. Occasionally, if a PC is particularly locked down with various security policies Rescue can occasionally face issues, but this is rare as its able to overcome most issues.
December 08, 2022

Rescue rescued me

I've often used Rescue as a way to remote in to a client's computer either for assistance with software issues, or to help them navigate sites. It's fairly easy to use, although some of my customer's have had issues with me remoting in because they were not familiar with the software.
  • Remote log in to customer's computer to help navigate issues they're having
  • Easy going log in if the customer is familiar with how to use the application
  • Using a chat window to communicate with the customer if phone service isn't an option
  • It can be difficult for customer's to use if they've never used a remote software before
  • When working with/on customer systems, sometimes they're hesitant to download an .exe file due to spam
It's fairly simple software if you're at least mildly computer savvy. It does make it easier to show customers where they need to go or trouble shoot issues a customer might have.
We use rescue to take control of our customer's machines to facilitate installations as well as diagnosing/repairing software issues. We also use it to gather data and screen shots for development purposes as well as view demonstrations of what the customers are looking for when requesting features or new functionality. This also comes in handy when handling general tech issues with my colleagues since most of us work from home.
  • Remote control of customer desktops
  • Reconnect after a reboot
  • File transfer speeds are slow
  • Reconnecting after rebooting can be tricky
  • Sometimes customers can be confused as to the next step after downloading the executable.
Rescue works great in my situation where I work from home and service customer machines. It appears to securely allow control while giving the customer the power to disconnect me at any time should they need to, giving them peace of mind as well. It's ability to be used to connect to any where from anywhere is also great and lends flexibility.
We use Rescue to enable us to provide timely support for our clients. Having direct access to our clients systems is critical in allowing us to diagnose and fix common issues with their PC. It allows us to capture data and quickly resolve complicated problems that otherwise would be difficult to walk a customer through without accessing their PC.
  • Quick and easy of use for our clients to download and run the app
  • Provide quick download options for data gathering for investigative purposes
  • Allow unattended access for upgrades and configuration changes without customer input
  • Unexplained delays when transferring sessions between agents
  • Periodic crashing while establishing connection or accepting a transferred session
  • Better prompts for customers to be able to locate the downloaded apps without having to check download history
Considering my role is supporting our software product installed on clients PCs, Rescue allows full access to our customer's system. That allows us to be able to troubleshoot and diagnose problems that the customer is not able to do so on their own. It also allows us to deploy updates and small scripts that make our software better and more reliable.
November 30, 2022

The support savior

It is essential. I couldn't possibly envision doing my job properly without it. Before this software, I used to drive to my peers' locations and help them out of jams; now they know I am just a couple of clicks away. It's the one annual expense I have that I am always happy to spend. It is used by the IT department, including all internal user-facing teams. The tool is a time saver, easy to use, and very user-friendly. It helps in addressing remote troubleshooting issues or cases professionally and efficiently. It also helps improve business.
  • Remote to end users system.
  • End to End file sharing.
  • Chat window during remote session.
  • And session connectivity irrespective of restarts and network disconnections.
  • Stability and compatibility.
  • More efficient and user friendly UI for technicians
  • Auto launch of LogMeIn session after sharing the link or code
  • Calling and recording feature can be implemented
In my organizational need, I tend to the needs of users inside the office and outside. LogMeIn Rescue seamlessly allows me to take over my users' computers and address their needs wherever I happen to be. Quite frankly, it is the most important software I use. Not only can I control the user's computer remotely, but the Rescue Console also allows me to peek inside the file directory. This allows me to move and transfer files directly between our two computers. It really is so seamless that my users feel like I'm right in front of them, assisting them with the IT issues.
Stachel Stanziola | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the Rescue remote control application to take control of the end user's computer and provide remote support for any software-related difficulties or requests. It's highly practical and easy to use; all you have to do is email the link or instruct the customer to visit a rescue URL, exchange the code, and in less than 4 minutes you can connect to their devices and view what they see in real time from their end.
Furthermore, you can use to invite other coworkers to assist you in troubleshooting the affected computer by simply looking them up in the address book or sending the invitation directly from Rescue. Other features of the program include the ability to export computer details, remotely reboot the device, and transfer files between your machine and the end user. The user does not need to be connected to a VPN network; all that is required is that they have internet access.

• Real time connection
  • You can toggle between multiple screens
  • File transfer
  • Display Computer details & up-time
  • You can add drawing on screen like Zoom
  • Shortcut commands in the menu bar to easy access Windows features such as "add/remove programs". "Windows explorer".
Let's say someone a friend or end user calls you up because they're having a hard time installing a software or having a computer issue and you don't want to be wasting time blinding walking them thru steps over the phone or chat, you can easily tell them to go to the rescue link, give them your secure connection code and you're in, ready to resolve their issue.
We use rescue for remote support of our users who are on remote sites. We have branches at sites more than 100 KM away and it is not easy for us to travel to them when they have problems with their installed applications or their machine. With Rescue we work in 2 ways, our users can via a calling card call us for an intervention or we guide them through a link to give us access to their computers
  • Take control with admin access to a remote desktop
  • Integration of external technician
  • Use calling card to initiate an intervention at client side
  • Integrate the possibility to manage the different assets (Computers/SmartPhone) of the network via an install client. The client will allow to recover the information of all the machines of the network for a better management
Rescue is the perfect tool when you have users on remote sites and you want to do diagnostic interventions on their machine remotely and even support. The ability to take the machine in admin mode is a plus because in organizations where admin access is given to only a few users you can be sure that only authorized people will be able to do specific actions.But if you don't have a very good internal connection it can be very complicated
Our old remote access tool was very slow and required agent installation. It did not support mobile device access.We started using Rescue across the enterprise to facilitate remote access to employees' computers and mobile devices without requiring some sort of upfront agent installation.We had a considerable productivity gain with Rescue
  • Remote access on any type of device with no need to install an agent
  • possibility of integrating the tool to our corporate website
  • The performance in remote access to computers is very good
  • On some android cell phone models that are not old I couldn't get the mobile app to work (Example Motorola Moto G9 Power)
The solution is very simple to use and can be used on all types of company
Martynas Strazdas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Very helpful tool when customers aren't on the corporate network or can't connect to the corporate network due to VPN restrictions/limitations/faults. Has the ability to run elevated if you have the right credentials for local admin account enterer. Great tool for transferring required files for troubleshooting and does automatically re-establish connection should the network drop, which is common in my supported locations.
  • Reconnects on connection drop.
  • Supports file transfer.
  • Allows running elevated hence can control elevated applications.
  • Supports low-colour or B&W for particularly bad network links.
  • When the connection drops, file transfer fails and does not support the resume function, meaning you have to restart the upload/download for the file rather than the resume left off. Particularly irritating when on connections that are unreliable; in my case - the majority of my clients are in Africa and very remote sites with poor connectivity.
  • Chat feature sometimes shows as unavailable - unable to chat to the customer after connection drops and re-establishes.
  • Sometimes showing as session offline but can actually control customer's machine.
Well suited because it automatically re-establishes connection on network link drop. Sometimes though does not, but the majority of the time, it does. In parallel, sometimes I have control of the machine via Microsoft SCCM remote control tool, and I can see LMI123 dropping out, yet SCCM still maintains connection - not sure what is causing that, but certainly this could be improved. Very handy when you have a machine to restart and don't want to go through the same of explaining to a customer how to connect again, so LMI123 reconnecting on machine reboot is a particularly good feature. It is one of my most favorite tools for controlling pcs in locations with poor network connectivity.
Wayne Ragusa | TrustRadius Reviewer
LogMeIn Rescue makes it very easy to support my users who are not on location. this in turn saves us money and time.
  • Remote Access
  • Easy of use for end users
  • File transfers
  • Speed
  • Unattended access
  • Remote access of Mobile phones
We have been able to support our users in a more timely fashion. This has helped us not only save time and money it could have been a challenge to support our remote workforce. It made support for my user base seamless and easy. I would not only recommend the product I would highly recommend it.
James Baca | TrustRadius Reviewer
As I have mentioned in previous reviews, the mark of a small business sometimes is how it can handle complex problems with a small staff. Capacity is key when it comes to that. Rescue has allowed my small business to have walkthroughs virtually with the clients that I help. I think a lot of the work I do needs explaining that simple text just doesn't convey. Rescue allows my company to take on...well, my personality.
  • Connecting
  • Easy navigation.
  • Engagement
  • Price
  • support
  • Revert to old update pre-may 2022.
As I mentioned, with my line of work, I think Rescue is uniquely suited to help my clients and me by offering a unique experience to help people understand how to navigate certain issues with a more personable experience than just simply texts and an FAQ that doesn't tailor the answers one is looking for!
September 28, 2022

Great Tool that Fits a Need

We are a public utility that provides internet communication services to the home and business. Being a small utility, we pride ourselves on personal business relationships that go the extra mile to provide IT support. We needed a way for our help desk technicians to be able to remote access users endpoints. Rescue has been the perfect match of features and functionality with price point.
  • Remote access to user endpoints
  • user interface could be more friendly
Perfect for our use: remote access to customers endpoints, without knowing what they may be.

Unattended access is not used in our organization
Rescue helps us support our software users remotely. The ability to connect to the end user having an issues is invaluable. Seeing first hand allows us to quickly trouble shoot and resolve issues our users are facing which makes support easier and more effective. Rescue is a solution that meets our needs for making customer support simple for us and the end user.
  • It is simple to use and manage
  • Provides a tool we need to access and work with remote users
  • Allows us to see what the end user is dealing with
  • sharing files to a remote machine
  • The Mac OS app feels a little slow
  • Unattended access can be hard to manage with Mac OS
Rescue allows us to see the end users device and be "onsite: virtually for the user. When we can connect with a user remotely, it allows them to feel like we are there to help and give us a better idea of what the issue they are dealing with. Having "hands on" access gives us the ability to quickly assess, troubleshoot , and provide a solution.
This software is perfect because it is easy to use and offers IT support at any time of the day. This is reliable because there are times you forgot the so many logins you have. Remote users are able to follow the instructions easily and allow the technicians to connect remotely to their machines for troubleshooting. The connection is very quick. Lots of options but I only use the file transfer feature to transfer files I need to install on the remote machine
  • Fast to open
  • Fast to connect
  • No Crashes
  • Make it work on mobile devices
  • nothing to add
My mother calls and states that "nothing is working" With rescue, I am able to log in from my house and see what is going on and assist her. It is always easier to be able to see exactly what the caller sees and not try to build a picture in your head.
September 22, 2022

All the features you need

The software is used to provide troubleshooting and assistance with our application and hardware-related issues. The issues that I've found related to the scheduling of the active hours of the calling cards. We have different operating hours on the weekends and only 1 calling card application linked to the software. If it were possible to have different hours for each day for a single calling card that would be nice. At the moment we have it set so that during our nonbusiness hours on the weekend for the main calling card, it forwards to a download link for our weekend calling card in order for customers to not wait during nonbusiness hours on weekends.
  • The rescue lens feature has come in handy to save us plenty of times. being able to have eyes on the end users' side to see how things are actually physically connected.
  • Having the ability to collaborate with other technicians is a feature that I have not seen in other applications. normally the other person has to connect as well which results in lowered connection speed on the end user's side since 2 connections are running.
  • The tools to be able to locate and audit sessions are also very valuable for measuring the performance of my technicians.
  • It would be nice to be able to have a keyword search feature for chatlogs or sessions in order to find them a little easier.
  • Be able to use a single calling card application with different daily operating hours and not just a single start and end time for the calling card in general.
  • Remote viewing and control support for iPads
It is much more secure I feel. with other applications, our customers have expressed concerns with the ability of a technician to gain access to their computer at any time without consent. Although Logmein allows that ability with the unattended access setup it is not the default way to start a remote session, so the customer can feel more at ease knowing that we are not spying or can gain access without their expressed permission or desire.
We utilize Logmein Rescue to provide a better customer support experience, it allows us to ensure that we are able to not just describe how to do something within our proprietary software, but it allows us to show them, and work with them side-by-side. Logmein Rescue also allows us to take diagnostic information really quickly and easily. We are also able to move files back and forth if needed by our customers. LogmeinRescue has been instrumental in our ability to deliver world-class support.
  • Remote Control PCs.
  • Obtain Windows diagnostic info.
  • Partnering with customers side-by-side via remote viewing.
  • The software's UI is a bit dated.
  • The admin center could use a revamp - too dated.
  • Pricing is premium.
Suited: When a customer is new to our software or newer to Windows in general. This allows us to show and tell vs. just having them try to just listen and attempt to do it. This ensures that we get their issues resolved and gives us an opportunity to find additional issues. Not suited: Mobile users are more limited; it's been limited to screenshot sharing. Definitely more of a desktop app.
The use of the product was never an issue. IN my experience, the BILLING problems were numerous and frequent. The way SAML and integration work, it forces the use of a single account, yet their sales droids would sell new licenses to anyone and everyone, then drop them into our bucket. We would create tech groups and assign licenses to those groups - no problem. But when an auto-renewed bill was ignored, they'd shut down the ENTIRE ACCOUNT and screw over everyone else who was using it. In my experience, I spent countless hours trying to track down to who they sent renewal messages and trying to get things paid and auto-renewal turned off. Most of the time it was someone who left for another job and the email, of course, went unanswered. In my opinion, it was a major pain to have the entire fleet of support folks unable to use the tools while both support and accounting departments flatly and repeatedly refused to even talk about the issue with you until you provided proof of the invoice payment. For this alone, we have gone through great pains to make sure every random invoice is marked to not auto-renew and we will be abandoning this company when they've all died off.
  • ease of remote control
  • Accounting
  • Sales
  • Support
The product itself worked well in nearly every scenario we needed to use it. It's the business side of the company that makes it impossible to sustain and manage.
Paul Charbonnet | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have subscribers to our financial services. They install software on their computer and interact with us via phone and web browser. Customers tend to be older, wealthy, smart individuals who are not really computer savvy. Often they interpret what they see on the screen instead of reading the actual error messages making it impossible to help them without being able actually to see their screen. LogMeIn has many features besides screen viewing. File transfer is really helpful. Placing calling cards on desktops (automatic connect to us) is a nice feature. Being able to transfer them to a more appropriate department in a different city is very helpful. Costs are reasonable. LogMeIn support is good
  • computer Software support
  • Customer training
  • General good customer realtions.
  • Allow me to make a url that I could email to the customer so that would get him connected
  • Allow me to place a link on my webpage that would get the customer connected.
Older customers get set in their ways and cannot even describe what they see going on with their computers. Windows 11 has been a nightmare since it asks customers all kinds of questions that cause limitations and pop-up windows that hide the user's screen. LogMeIn has been slow to provide a more direct way to get connected that cuts through Windows 11 clutter to reach a technician who can help them. However. Once the customer is in. LogMeIn has worked on Windows XP through 11, Servers, virtual machines, Windows Emulation under Apple Mac. In short, impressive compatibility.
With Covid and working from home, we had to implement a better remote support technology for our support teams. We implemented Rescue with no issues. We could even set up unattended access to replace VNC with a more secure platform. Rescue works well and surpasses all the other remote support tools out there. This is now one of the critical user support platforms we use.
  • You can connect to any client from anywhere, no VPN is needed.
  • Features like remote reboot, file sharing, and script functions are very valuable.
  • The logging and admin console functions are really good to see how the tool is being used.
  • We would like larger script or file repositories. At the moment the limit is quite small.
  • Add the option to add some company MSIs that can install with a click of a button, like the SCCM agent for example.
Rescue has a really good set of functions like file sharing, remote reboot options, Running as a Service option, script repository, etc. These are all valuable to support our clients.
September 05, 2022

Rescue to the Rescue!

We use Rescue to provide Tier 3 remote engineering support to our international manufacturing centers. We can connect to our fully automated production lines as well as our manned stations to perform diagnostics and advanced troubleshooting from our design center, home, or anywhere. Our on-site technicians and engineers also utilize the software to monitor and control the machines from home or their desks. Rescue also gives us the flexibility and security to allow equipment vendors to join our remote connection sessions when setting up new manufacturing machinery for the first time, or if a critical failure occurs that our team cannot diagnose and correct.
  • Security.
  • Connect from anywhere.
  • Not limited to internal users.
  • Lack of remote deployment.
  • High cost versus competitors.
  • The administrative console is a little clunky.
We have only recently started using Rescue, so we do not have a wide range of experiences with it yet. Competing products only allowed us to connect to systems that were within the company domain, but Rescue allows us to connect to systems operated by our subcontractors in Asia that are outside our network. It is also fairly easy to allow vendors to connect to our machines with our discrete permission.
We are a software/security Co. and we use LMI Rescue to remote into systems to support our customers, collect logs, and work with Dev on escalations. I stay with LMI because our logs can get large and LMI file transfer is fast and stable.
  • file transfer
  • ability to transfer and share sessions
  • Unattended access
  • some systems wont allow sessions
  • Management/admin page is a bit clumsy
  • File transfer can a bit clumsy also but its fast and reliable
File transfer of logs is much faster then any others i have used
We regularly work with dev on customer issues. being able to both be on a session is very helpful
Unattended access is great for when dev isnt able to get on the machine and needs to make changes after hours.
August 23, 2022

Rescued

We use Rescue to manage customer phone needs remotely. We use Rescue so that we can remote in unattended for the customers who are comfortable with that access and for all others, on an as-needed basis.
  • Unattended access.
  • On-the-fly access.
  • Would be nice to access it from an iPhone or iPad.
For my job, it is well suited.
Current tools like web conferencing solutions such as Webex or Teams are limited in their functionality. You face problems like UAC prompts or other limitations that screen sharing tools cannot solve. Being able to run scripts, see the boot menu and have full control of a users machine is the only way support issues can be fixed easily.
  • Scripting
  • Support for multiple OS
  • Boot menu support
  • Configuration menus could be improved
  • Copying settings between sections
Rescue is will support for support staffs for both computers and mobile phones where you need to have full control of a machine, be able to run scripts and reports and have the need to reboot machines and pick back up where you left off. You can also have control to see the boot menu which is great and gets around UAC prompts.