GoTo Connect

In My Opinion - Stay Away!

February 24, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022

Answering rules (80)

Directory of employee names (75)

Message alerts (80)

Call reports (72)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of GoTo Connect, and make your voice heard!

All-Inclusive

$19.95/month

per user

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.goto.com/pricing/connect

Cloud PBX

Call Management

VoIP system collaboration

Mobile apps

What is GoTo Connect?

GoTo helps to make IT easy, anywhere. They design software for flexible-work and have been doing so since 2003.

GoTo aims to empower users to connect and support employees and customers from anywhere, any-way, on any-device.

GoTo Connect is all-in-one communications software built for SMBs. It gives workers one tool for communication.

GoTo Connect gives IT professionals just one system for phone, meetings, & messaging, all equipped with a unified administration portal that helps users succeed.

• Flexible-work portfolio
    Unified communications in the GoTo app, with a comprehensive IT management and support solution. Designed to include everything needed, and nothing that is not.
  • Easy phone system to manage
    Simple, unified admin tool with drag-and-drop Visual Dial Plan Editor.
  • Reliability

A Hosted VoIP provider and Video Conferencing & Best Webinar provider software from 2022 TrustRadius Top Rated Awards.

GoTo Connect Features

Cloud PBX Features

• Supported: Hosted PBX
  • Supported: Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
  • Supported: User templates

• Supported: Toll free numbers
  • Supported: Virtual fax
  • Supported: Virtual voicemail

GoTo Connect Screenshots

GoTo Admin - System HealthGoTo App - Contact Center General SettingsGoTo App - Meeting (In-Session)GoTo App - Meeting Chat (In-Session)GoTo App - Mobile Meetings (Out of Session)

GoTo Connect Downloadables

GoTo Connect Integrations

GoTo Connect Competitors

GoTo Connect Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web

What is GoTo Connect?

GoToConnect, from GoTo, is a cloud-based business phone system with built-in web-based video conferencing solutions. It includes features such as call analytics, call recording, softphone, fax to email, voicemail to email, and desktop integration.

What is GoTo Connect's best feature?

Reviewers rate Video conferencing highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses GoTo Connect?

The most common users of GoTo Connect are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

GoTo Connect is used in many ways within our organization. The main reason we chose to implement the GoTo service within our organization is for the ease of use and for connecting our team digitally across multiple platforms. We needed an alternative to Webex and looked at a few alternatives but found the encompassing capabilities of GoTo to cover all of our needs. We use it both domestically and internationally seamlessly and without any issues.
  • Scheduling digital meetings with ease and a single click
  • Sharing & collaborating in real time on a team project
  • Video conferencing is simple to use
  • Redesigning of the application makes it difficult for users to re-learn simple settings
  • The lack of ability to form group chats and use the service while not in a meeting
  • Screen share does not take up the entire screen which makes it difficult to sometimes view
GoTo Connect is an exceptional service but leaves some room for improvement in its application interface. With the recent redesign of the application, many users are struggling to learn where common actions have been moved to. However, once the service is running and has been learned it is a powerful tool to help bridge the company closers vs using conventional email.
The implementation of the GoTo Connect system has been a breeze and the customer support was extremely helpful with our international employees who needed configuration setup to receive and make outbound international calls using various country codes. The installation was a breeze using our existing internet service and just plugged in the new phones, connected to the internet, and retrieved our configuration profiles for each user.
The usability of GoTo Connect is sufficient enough for our small organization. It offers us many features that can help us track call reports by the user as well as an easy setup of ring groups to handle multiple users' incoming calls and direct them to the correct phone.
Tammy Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've had multiple problems with GOTO. Every day we have customers put on hold in the system because we are unable to answer the call. Error messages appear on virtually every call that comes in . We have remote users and each and everyone is experiencing the same problems. We have not gotten out of onboarding which was started in January and still as of March 15 am not out of onboarding. I have filed a complaint with the attorney generals office and am awaiting an answer. I want out of the contract and they won't let us out. Their system does not function properly from my experience. We have videos and pictures of all the errors that are happening and still they can't fix it and they won't let us out of the contract. Horrible service.
  • Customer service people are very kind and considerate
  • Finding solutions to the actual problems.
  • Promises made of functions that don't exist I feel.
  • Calls unabled to be answered.
  • Error messages appear when trying to answer calls.
  • Calls hang up as soon as they reach your desktop.
  • So many more issues to list.
They should not be in the VOIP business in my opinion. I believe they cannot find solutions or will not find solutions to problems we are having. Trying to point back to our agents or our internet. We had had a VOIP system prior to swapping to them and it worked much better than GOTO. It had it's problems, but I'd take them back right now if I could get out of GoTo Connect's agreement.
We are still in onboarding. We have not been able to get thru the issues we are having and they have not provided any solutions.
When you can't make calls on the system because the quality is so poor. Or you can't answer you phone because it just hangs up when you answer, there is NO usability from my experience.
We use GoTo Connect as resellers to our franchises. From day one it's been problem after problem. I feel like this company has major problems. Recently, they did an unauthorized port of our business phone number. We are now in court fighting to get our number back. Any other phone company asks for acct numbers, pin numbers, some type of verification. In my experience, they do not! So now we have lost a phone number we have owned and have been paying on since 2014. In my opinion, you should stay far away from GoTo Connect. I think they are a joke. As soon as my legal battle is over and we get our phone number back, we are changing companies. Consider yourself warned.
  • Phone number security
  • Reps from the US, not overseas
  • Training, everyone says something different when you contact them in my experience
I feel this is the worst company we have ever used. We are looking for a new phone company that follows security rules and doesn't port numbers unless going through security questions that all other phone companies use. I would stay away from them or from my experience they will give your phone number to someone else, without authorization.
I'm never satisfied with this company.
This company lacks in everything in my opinion.
GoTo Connect is used solely in my department, Customer Support, as an inbound phone system for our customers. It addresses the need to have an inbound phone system and phone management software for our customer base. My employees use the salesforce integration, desktop app, and phone app on a daily basis to communicate with our customers.
  • Salesforce integration
  • Phone app (convenient)
  • Logging/Dispositioning calls
  • Simple UI
  • Quality of calls
  • Random logging out/rebooting
  • Price for the add on features (chat, etc.)
  • Better customer support
  • Call reporting
Great for a low-budget option/smaller businesses who need softphone capabilities and basic salesforce integration. Less appropriate for larger businesses who need more robust call reporting among agents, more options for dial plans or call routing, and more features. If crystal clear call quality is a high priority, GoTo Connect may not be right for those situations either.
GoTo Connect was implemented on time but with very little assistance or training. Their original knowledge base was difficult to navigate and convoluted. Some features were difficult to turn on without assistance from their support team even with instructions in their KB. Several times I've had to reach out to support, and in my opinion, they can be difficult to work with or seem to not completely understand their own product.
Overall, it's a decent product for the price. It has the basic features our company needed when it was brand new and was not overly difficult to set up. As we've grown, it's become increasingly difficult to build out the features we want to implement within the PBX, and customer support can be less than helpful. Many of the more advanced features (dial plans, queues, etc.) take a lot of research to understand how to implement. Some of the features we paid for weren't even available when we were attempting to set them up.
January 24, 2022

Superior Product

John Wood CTC | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is our primary telephone system. We also use it during the pandemic to work remotely. That function is completely transparent to our clients. We have 42 independent contractors. Each has a voice mail. They have the option of answering calls immediately or of getting their voice messages by e-mail.
  • Simple to create call groups
  • Easy to add or remove extensions
  • Forward voice mails to an e-mail address
  • Easier access to help functions
Well suited to business with multiple offices or a home-based workforce. Cost-effective
Minor billing issues with regards to invoices in the correct currency.
Simple and efficient
Remote working with GoToConnect since it was Jive and now remote working is the thing to do. GoToConnect has changed my business 360 degrees with softphones, GoToMeeting, and got customer support that is always helpful kept us in the industry before and after COVID-19.
  • Customer Service
  • GoTo Mobile
  • Goto Meeting
  • Easy to Use
  • All in one devices
  • Keep up the good work
  • How they keep up with the new features keep that going
Remote working tools they provide in a way no business should not go without.
Always ready to fix your issues when you call in. Very knowledgeable on how to set up your dial plans and put together the picture you envision!
GoToConnect is so easy to use you look like the pro no matter what industry you're in. From the mobile app to GoToMeeting really useful to keep you and your business organized.
Donna-sue Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It has provided us with the opportunity to make communicate professionally. We can now screen our media files on much larger screens without any trouble and complexity. We can discover the device within no time and extremely fast. We employed it to share our screen, files, important data, video and audio, and most specifically our presentations.
  • It is professional software allowing us to extend the desktop wirelessly which assisted us a lot during our group meetings. It gets connected with Mac, windows, and chrome devices so effortlessly
  • it is software that helped us in making a connection with our customers as well as I can now conduct a conference with my colleagues too using this software. It consists of all those tools essential for video conferencing. The quality of the video is also very good and using its screen sharing we can share all the important files and data and can make our conference more effective.
  • I like this software much but I think it is highly IOS specific and it should be available for android too.
  • Because many of us use android too and then things get messy and we face trouble to get it to connect.
  • It is a good video conferencing software but sometimes it gets difficult for us to get connected with someone and we have to try to call them several times .and after some time it gets hang and slows down the whole video.
It is software that has revolutionized communication. We found it as comprehensive software and works so well with IOS, Mac, and Windows devices. It is professional software allowing us to extend the desktop wirelessly which assisted us a lot during our group meetings.
It is professional software allowing us to extend the desktop wirelessly which assisted us a lot during our group meetings. But it is quite specific for IOS and doesn’t work for android devices. Despite having this flaw we love this software and are highly satisfied with its working and I would recommend others too to go for this smart solution.
It gets connects with Mac, windows, and chrome devices so effortlessly.
Ryan Ploeger | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use the GoToConnect desktop app to place and receive phone calls domestically. Our team works remotely and independently. We have a small number of extensions and call routing options in place. I don't use the full capacity of the features available but that is because of my more simplistic phone needs. We get many international calls but don't place international calls.
  • Always works.
  • Very easy to use daily.
  • Support/ Help has always been helpful.
  • A better understanding of proper setup to place international calls affordably.
I place and receive calls remotely but stay connected with our company very easily with GoToConnect. I don't use the complete toolset and the full capability of thought. We don't have a complex need for all the available options.
I wasn't involved with the deployment or setup.
We have simple needs. The full capabilities and available options are more than we use but are very nice to have should we need them.
Robert Copeland | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use this as our business phone across the company but also use the contact center for the client services team that is supporting 5k customers and growing. We have employees in 7 different states as well in an office and this system allows us not to miss a beat when providing excellent customer service to our customers.
  • Contact Center.
  • Easy to use.
  • Easy to set up.
  • No callback queue.
  • Better SMS messaging.
  • Update to the phone panel.
GoToConnect is suited for companies of all sizes. From your small family-owned business to your large support centers. It also can handle if the business is all remote or if you are business that all the employees come to the office. There really is not a single type of business that should not consider using GoToConnect for their phone system
The deployment of the system is very easy. They have dedicated staff to help implement the phone system as well as a really good knowledge base. I also found the library of videos to be very helpful. It is so easy that I had to only ask one question and the rest I was able to do by myself.
I find the system to be very user-friendly. I am able to train new employees in a matter of minutes and does no matter the level of their technical skill. It also does not vary from environment whether you are using the web or desktop version it is just as easy.
We utilize GoToConnect across all of our companies and multiple locations. We moved to GoToConnect from a mixture of three separate on-premise hardware solutions to a common hosted environment. This now allows us to access all phone users via a 4 digit extension as well as search a single directory by name on the phone or through the applications.
  • Great call quality.
  • Quick visual creation of auto attendant; we have unique configurations at each location.
  • Allow virtual fax at each extension.
  • The Hot Desk feature is used by many of our users that move between sites to maintain a common desk phone solution.
  • There have been improvements in the call reporting but we have a unique requirement of needing to build a group of users/phone lines to be in the reporting process.
GoToConnect is easily implemented even in situations where there is no on-site I.T. support. The onboarding team was excellent to work with to [ensure] the porting of our existing numbers happened on time and went smoothly. The system requires very little maintenance or training once implemented and the management portal makes changes easy to implement.
The deployment was very easy. Desk Phones were configured remotely and delivered to each site. The users plugged them into the network and porting of numbers went very smoothly across 12 locations.
For the most part, it performs a basic function; I make a call and I receive a call. But more importantly, with this system, we are able to go far beyond this by quickly creating advanced auto attendant configurations, supporting e-Fax, allow Hot Desk capabilities to temporarily convert a remote phone to your standard phone. We implemented round-robin call center functions and developed custom reporting for our in-house sales groups.
Sylwester Lyga | TrustRadius Reviewer
Initially, we installed GoToConnect to conduct some last-minute importance meetings with the colleagues, but in the time of Covid-19, the main use of this tool started. It helped in managing meetings with the colleagues that were working from home, moreover, it helped in maintaining social distancing as we don’t have to gather in the office for any meeting.
  • It has the ability to work too well even with a weak internet connection.
  • The quality of the audio is so good and we can hear everything clearly.
  • We can integrate it with Outlook and its integration is simple and smart.
  • The setup of this software is very easy as my team hasn’t faced any difficulty in its implementation.
  • I am not satisfied with its mobile application and [I find] the interface very dull.
  • There should be more features in it.
  • There should be more frequent updates.
  • [In my experience,] the customer support team is non-responsive and harsh.
To all the organizations who want to better collaborate with their teams and are not participant number specific as it can support a large number of respondents too without even affecting the quality of the audio or video. It is available at very good market pricing and is able to compete with other video meeting tools.
It provides easy implementation and we just have to buy the license and there was no other formality we have to do for its deployment. Our IT team hasn't even faced any problem, although I wasn't involved in its implementation, the team told us about the ease and its support team was helpful, too.
GoToConnect is very helpful, especially in this Covid situation when lockdown is unpredictable, but, still, you can manage your work from home and can collaborate with your team without any difficulty. It provides the best quality audio and video and its integration with a third source is smart; we are integrating it with Outlook and it's beneficial.
GoToConnect is being used by the company for flexible VoIP and messaging throughout our entire organization. It's our primary means of communication as it supports video conferences, messaging, calls, and organizing meetings and external webinars. It is often used for training seminars because of its great performance and ease of use. A great tool to use during the pandemic is to talk internally, to clients and suppliers.
  • Large number of participants in a meeting.
  • Simple and easy to use.
  • Great performance during screen sharing.
  • Quality of videoconferences.
  • Affordable.
  • Recording options can be better.
  • Startup time.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is a great tool for enterprises where communication between employees is key. Large companies now face the problem of communicating internally and externally while doing home office. It lets you almost replace face-to-face interaction (never going to be fully replaced) and keep on business as usual.
I wasn't involved in the deployment of GoToConnect (formerly Jive), but as I recall from conversations with my colleagues, it was a good experience. Didn't have any unexpected issue or outcome.
Simple, intuitive, and easy to use. Don't have to be an IT professional to make it work, have calls, host meetings or be a part of a video conference.
My company uses GoToConnect (formerly Jive) as our sole phone provider. It is how we communicate internally, as well as with all of our clients. It allows us to have users with access to a phone system without being physically in the building. Prior to this, the only people who could send and receive calls to clients were people in the office, which was made difficult during Covid.
  • The support team is very helpful and friendly any time you have an issue or just a question.
  • The phone system is very reliable. We have been using it for about six months now, and we've had no downtime, and call quality has always been excellent.
  • The ability to set up detailed dial plans is very useful in helping us more accurately direct callers without people here needing to spend time interacting with people that they aren't going to be able to help.
  • I would like to see them add some way to better integrate the physical phones with the app itself so that you can be on the phone and do things like transfer calls by clicking something on the app instead of pressing buttons on the phone.
  • They could use better support documentation for some of the third-party phones that they offer. Tracking down the support documentation for those phones can be tricky, and the information in the documentation is not written as clearly as the documentation that GoToConnect provides for its services.
  • I would love to see some additional reporting metrics offered as standard within the admin dashboard. The handful of metrics they offer are nice, but I would like some additional options.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is well suited for any business with more than one employee that needs to be able to communicate effectively. It is helpful if you have customers calling you with a wide variety of issues and you need an automated system to be able to direct them properly, or if you just want a phone system that will work well all the time.

It is probably less well suited to companies that don't have anyone with much technical expertise, because setting everything up and maintaining/provisioning users do require a minimal level of competence. However, their support team is very good about walking you through any issues you have.
Throughout the whole setup and deployment process, I was on the phone constantly with their support team to get assistance with configuring all the relevant features of the system. Every time, not only was I able to get a person on the phone quickly, but they were always very helpful and friendly. They always made recommendations that improved on what I thought I was doing.
It is a very simple system, in terms of usability. If the user is using a physical phone, it operates just like any traditional phone. Within the app, navigating around is pretty simple and straightforward. The only slight confusion people sometimes have is remembering to set the app back to use the physical phone instead of the softphone when they are working at their desk, but that is a mild inconvenience.
We used GoToConnect (formerly Jive) basically for team communication while working from home during the onset of [the] COVID-19 pandemic condition at the beginning of 2020 where we all became entirely [dependent on] this powerful virtual team communication tool to remain intact in our work and remain productive as far as possible.
  • International VOIP feature makes it powerful communication tool.
  • Smooth user interface.
  • Better way to channelize sales and support calling systems.
  • The pricing plan is quite expensive.
  • The messaging and video calling features needs more improvement.
  • The active status of users is not reliable.
The simple and easy-to-navigate user interface with [the] breadth of communication features made GoToConnect (formerly Jive) one of our best choices for team communication. This software greatly simplified our team communication process while working virtually. However, we often had to face several interruptions and distractions mostly while using its audio and video calling feature.
I gave this rating because the deployment process wasn't hectic and most of the things were so straightforward and easy to use.
It has been quite handy tool for our entire team to collaborate. Therefore, this app had great usability.
Rahat Afnan | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is an amazing cloud-based communication tool. We use it officially to connect with others. Specially we use it as a communication tool to contact with our worldwide clients. It supports us for various services such as routing our calls, conference call, call recording, internet fax, and so on.
  • It is supported for any device.
  • Any kind of local and long distance calling facilities is amazing.
  • Mobile applications is also very much helpful and enjoyable.
  • Very simple but effective tool.
  • Nothing at all.
  • Needed Some time to load or switch from one screen to another.
At first, their pricing is very very cheaper than their service. Their technical support and service are of a huge positive impact on its users. Very much simple and easy for any kind of communicational case locally and internationally. Their mobile app for calling is just amazing and well suited for business purposes. They offer the latest technology and must need updated features for their clients.
We are highly satisfied with the service, pricing and all personalized features.
If any company use GoToConnect (formerly Jive) then their extra communicational burden will be released for sure. Using GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is not only supportive but also much more effective for any kind of business calling.
Mohsin Shah | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToConnect (formerly Jive)'s intuitive user interface makes my entire work seamless. I can smoothly connect with my colleagues through its fantastic phone call feature and discuss crucial tasks.
  • GoToConnect (formerly Jive)'s excellent phone call feature is extremely vital for my work.
  • The most stunning thing is its intuitive interface that is very simple.
  • The mobile application is quite laggy sometimes.
  • I feel that it is very expensive for small businesses. A lower price would be immensely beneficial for small businesses.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is a very simple software to set up. The best feature is its impeccable phone call feature that is very essential for daily work. However, I find lagging issues with its mobile application. I feel that its mobile application needs enhancement.
The remarkable feature of GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is its superb phone call feature that enables a swift connection with my colleagues and clients. Moreover, GoToConnect (formerly Jive) has [great] customer support that is very rapid.
I [am] definitely comfortable using GoToConnect (formerly Jive) as its interface is very straightforward. In terms of overall performance, this software works excellently.
We use GoToConnect (formerly Jive) as a primary means to communicate with each other in our organization. GoToConnect (formerly Jive) has proved to be a great addition to our organization's app stack. It is an all-in-one platform - it supports messaging, calling, video conferencing, and organizing meetings and external webinars. It is extremely reliable guarantees 99.996% uptimes, low bandwidth usage, and distributed cloud architecture making it one of the most reliable and efficient solutions.
  • Secure communications - all the communication data is handled and stored in the global privacy-compliant servers and methodologies.
  • Eliminates the need to have hardware VoIP phones - VoIP calls can be made directly from the desktop, mobile, and other PDA devices.
  • Unlimited call queues - a great feature for our support team handling huge traffic of requests and tickets on a daily basis.
  • Customer support is not that responsive - although GoToConnect is very reliable and we've needed assistance from the support team very few times, we were not very pleased with the long SLAs, back and forth emails for small things, etc.
  • The initial onboarding and setup process including migrating things over to GoToConnect takes a while since the GoToConnect team has to make some workarounds to have all the data and contacts imported from the older CPaaS. Wish they would have good solutions and plans in place for customers migrating from other CPaaS solutions.
  • I've seen call drops when internally transferring over calls (although very rare, but it's a known issue and the GoToConnect team isn't able to fix this for us yet).
I would recommend GoToConnect (formerly Jive) to anyone looking for a highly scalable CPaaS solution. It is apt for all sizes of businesses and teams ranging from SMBs to larger enterprise-level businesses. It is extremely easy to use and navigate, we have seen great adoption rates when we migrated over to GoToConnect (formerly Jive) from our legacy CPaaS solution. It has got all the features one would expect and can imagine from an enterprise-grade CPaaS system everything ranging from messaging, calling, video conferencing, cloud PBX, and call center features as well.
We have had a good experience in deploying and bringing the GoToConnect (formerly Jive) into our organization's stack. We had a few issues and data losses while migrating data and contacts from our legacy CPaaS, but we had backups and GoToConnect (formerly Jive) team was able to recover and transfer the data. We wish that GoToConnect (formerly Jive) had better migration plans so that customers would not have to suffer from data losses (GoToConnect (formerly Jive) team did say that it happens very rarely, but still a data loss is still a critical thing). But apart from this, our overall deployment went great and we were able to go live 2 weeks before the schedule.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) scores 10 on 10 when it comes to usability, it is extremely intuitive and easy to use. We have seen great adoption rates from very early on with GoToConnect (formerly Jive), the sole reason being the extremely user-friendly UX and UI. It is rare that a platform as comprehensive and versatile as GoToConnect (formerly Jive) can have a great UI. Kudos to the UX and UI design team.
The whole organization uses GoToConnect (formerly Jive) for our phone system. We also have a customer service team that answers calls for us off-site using GoToConnect (formerly Jive).
  • Flexibility with using the system anywhere.
  • Call quality.
  • Operating options.
  • Doesn't work when the internet goes out.
  • Poor voicemail and call quality when having a bad internet connection.
  • Customer service is hard to get ahold of sometimes.
Small to medium businesses with multiple phones and locations.
Everything went smoothly and they were there to answer questions during and after set up.
We have had very minimal problems with GoToConnect (formerly Jive) and we are able to adapt it to whatever we need to.
Berta Vidal Serra | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is used by multiple departments, within the region of my organization where I work. In my department, we use GoToConnect (formerly Jive) for video communications during meetings between members of staff of my organization. It is also used at the customer service section of my organization by customer service representatives for making calls to customers, likewise from answering customer queries made via the telephone. Overall, GoToConnect (formerly Jive) has proven to be an all-around efficient communication program.
  • One-click connect - GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is available on desktop, on my web browser, and on my computer as a native application. This has made it so convenient to join team meetings, at any time and from anywhere I am.
  • Integration - GoToConnect (formerly Jive) integrates with third-party software programs used regularly in my office. In my own personal case, GoToConnect (formerly Jive) integrates well with Calendly and this has simplified my meeting scheduling experience.
  • Scalability - I have been in meetings where there were tens of participants and it was impressive to see our team meeting go on smoothly, without being affected by the number of meeting participants. This is very important for a large organization like mine.
  • [In my opinion] the user interface is not the most intuitive. This has created hurdles for me, in situations where I invited external collaborators to join team meetings.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is well suited for person to person, and group video calls within teams, just like it is being used in my company. GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is also ideal to be used by sales teams for making calls to mobiles and landlines of targeted customers.
I wasn’t involved in the deployment process.
While it is an effective tool for smooth audio, video, and phone communication, it is limited in terms of user interface intuitiveness. This creates bottlenecks for new employees in my company, who are unfamiliar with GoToConnect (formerly Jive).
Scotty Hunt | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) was being used by our company as the business-wide solution for video conferencing with both prospects and clients. This solved the business problem of being able to have face-to-face interactions, without having to be in the actual same place as the other party. We had GoToConnect (formerly Jive) auto-installed on every device when a new employee was onboarded.
  • Video Conferencing.
  • Screensharing.
  • Drawing/highlighted cursor.
  • Mobile Application.
  • Guest sign-on process.
I would recommend GoToConnect (formerly Jive) to any business with a need for virtual meeting capabilities. It is an excellent solution for video calls and screen-sharing during sales pitches, solutions consultations, account reviews, etc. However, I would only recommend it for companies with a large inside sales force, as the mobile application is not as friendly and seems to have a lot of bugs which would be a hindrance to traveling sales reps.
As a cloud-based system, the implementation of GoToConnect (formerly Jive) was not very difficult. The provisioning of users was very seamless and easy to add accounts as we filled more seats within the company. Support is good from a human-to-human standpoint, but the actual mobile support technologically leaves some things to be desired.
[...] The overall usability is different depending on the medium in which the user is utilizing for the call. On a stable connection in front of a laptop or desktop, it is a top-notch system. When the user tries to go mobile, he or she can really start to experience defects in the usability and overall experience.
Our helpdesk used GoToConnect (formerly Jive) to connect with users to assist with various technical problems.
  • Remote access.
  • Chat.
  • Support capabilities.
  • End-user access.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) is easy to use and will help agents connect to end-users quickly. GoToConnect (formerly Jive) would work well in any environment where remote access support is needed.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) [was] very easy to deploy. Just like most remote management/assist tools, it is fast, easy, and fairly lightweight.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) [is] very easy to use. [The] feature set is good for what is needed. It is not overburdened with a lot of unneeded features that make some other tools harder [to use].
Used to help employees telework or telecommute. I have had it in place for years, used it quite a bit more heavily starting in March 2020. The user interface is on par with other software of the same nature. Don't know about back-end usage, but as a user, I found it acceptable, but not exceptional.
  • Connect to remote computer.
  • Allow access.
  • Connect computers.
  • Connect networks.
  • User interface.
  • Extra functions, complicating use.
  • Complicated connect process.
  • Can slow down computer if multiple programs running.
GoToConnect is well suited to connect to other computers through the internet. Found it to be an acceptable way to access work documents from home. The user interface is sub-par, and I thought the extra functions were more than I needed and complicated usage. Performs fine, though I think it takes a lot of computing power.
Took some getting used to. It was not rolled out well in our organization. Luckily, it was in place before we really needed it, but I would expect some troubleshooting at the get-go. Additionally, the complex user interface made it difficult for some employees to learn this new system on their work computers.
Some things are not intuitive and need lots of explanation. Older employees had a difficult time adapting to this software with its extra features. It does what it says it should do, so in most ways its overall usability is good. I would work on the user interface, streamlining their services, and making sure the customer can customize it for their use.
Shivam Rai | TrustRadius Reviewer
Basically, GoToConnect is used by our whole organization as a meeting tool or a phone system. It has an excellent voice quality and its setup process is very easy - it comes preconfigured and is always ready to go. I can't see a business problem but some applications have lower-priced options with similar features that could affect the business.
  • Calls are very clear.
  • It has very low latency.
  • Interface is very simple that's why it's easy to use (customer friendly).
  • Problem fixing by backend team is little bit slow.
  • Screen Sharing option [could be improved].
  • Startup time needs to be reduced.
Voice quality is very nice; it gives good communication between the organization. Technical Support is very quick, I personally feel it. Pre-configuration makes it very easy to use. In terms of pricing, there are some other competitions in the market that provide the same features at a lower price. It could have more features. Needs to make the interface a little bit more interesting.
I'm fully satisfied with GoToConnect. It provides me the best calling quality ever and other features are also pretty nice. Also, there are some drawbacks, which I have mentioned earlier. *Interface needs to attract. *Pricing needs to be lowered.
I'm giving this rating because of its performance, i.e. clear audio call, interface (user friendly), technical support, setup process, customer satisfaction, pricing, low latency, and ease of use.
Laura Samoisette, LEED AP, WELL AP | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToConnect was used in my organization as a way to keep up with day-to-day tasks between employees. The need stemmed from everyone working in separate office spaces, yet our work had some overlap. Corresponding through e-mail sometimes can get messy and it is important to keep administrative type work in a different "space" than typical services with clients.
  • Accessibility and integration via desktop app or browser is convenient.
  • Tracking - Timestamps, voicemails, favoriting and other abilities allow for abundant ways to track calls/chats.
  • Simplicity - The ease of use is high given that symbols and color schemes are very straightforward. This is a benefit to an older workforce who may not be as technically inclined and allows for people of all ages to understand how to use the platform quickly.
  • Not as modern as some other platforms available - This could be seen as a pro or a con, but having additional options like color scheme, statuses, and profile picture options make the user experience more personalized and fun.
  • Lack of integration - Being able to link more than just your personal email to GoToConnect would be handy, such as time-tracking or your calendar.
  • Uncertain if meetings are private - Anyone with a link can join a meeting, therefore I question how easy it is for someone outside of the company to join a meeting that was not meant for them. Maybe a password option would add a buffer of security.
GoToConnect is well-suited to staff who can appreciate a simple, straightforward add-on to their workday. If this platform is meant to be a small aspect of the day and just to support tasks here and there then I would say this is the better option compared to other available platforms. However, GoToConnect lacks some modern touches and additional features that can really make a difference if you are using it often day-to-day. I would recommend other platforms for calls/texts/meetings because they are more fun to use and offer small features that I have noticed more of a benefit to people who rely on its functions.
I was not personally involved with the deployment situation, but as far as giving access (links, information and otherwise) to employees, all seemed to go smoothly and there was nothing negative to report on the matter.
Usability rates are very high because of the simplistic features and easy to navigate the desktop app. People of all ages will not have an issue getting up to speed and continuing to use the system well over time. Symbols and colors are self-explanatory, which is much appreciated when the system isn't being used for overly complicated tasks.
We currently use GoToConnect as our VoIP solution and it integrates fairly well into our existing architecture. There are some rather great features as it allows for the use of either the physical handset or using software solutions on your phone or on your computer. Our subscription also includes the teleconferencing software GoToMeeting. So it essentially kills 2 birds with 1 stone. It addressed the problem of needing an office phone solution and the additional need for teleconferencing.
  • Phone.
  • Teleconferencing.
  • Mobility.
  • Conferencing software lacks a fair amount of industry standard features.
  • Using the app on my phone uses a considerable amount of data.
  • Conferencing software doesn't have a 1 button temporary unmute like Zoom implements.
In an office setting GoToConnect is very well suited to companies that need both VoIP and teleconferencing. We use the software to keep our globally responsive team in constant communication. The messaging portion is lackluster, MS Teams or Slack have much better interfaces for that. The pricing may be a bit prohibitive for larger or smaller companies or for personal use.
I didn't implement the software. It was implemented prior to me starting with the company.
Some quality of life nice to have features aren't present and there are some issues regarding call quality due to insufficient internet speeds. Audio compression could be improved. But overall a solid product.