GoToMyPC Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

December 18, 2020
Holly Hart | TrustRadius Reviewer
KICI-LP Radio is a low power community radio station staffed by volunteers with professional broadcasting backgrounds. GoToMyPC is invaluable. We use it to update our programming on a daily basis. Especially during the pandemic, this allows us to manage programming remotely.
  • Reliable and efficient remote access
  • Excellent tech support
  • Reasonable cost and variety of packages to fit needs of nearly any size operation
  • Clear instructions.
  • Use needs to get used to working with screens that may need re-sizing.
  • Have needed to re-install a couple times, not sure the cause.
  • A remote "Undo" function would be useful.
  • Great to use with desktop or laptop, very difficult with tablet of phone; not impossible, but nearly so.
  • Sometime "freezes," not sure if that is an issue on your end or ours.
While I am not familiar with many other applications, this is the best I have found. It functions well with different operating systems and types fo computers, is very reliable. The ability to connect with our studio remotely is not only extremely convenient, it has been critical during the pandemic and in inclement weather. One wish would be for a subscription that costs less for smaller operations. Easier management for tablet and/or phone would also be a great addition.
Read Holly Hart's full review
December 18, 2020
Deborah Poindexter | TrustRadius Reviewer
My law firm has used GoToMyPC since June 2008. I was married and would be travelling for three (3) weeks and needed to stay connected to the office. COVID has caused our firm to go remote since March 2020 and GoToMyPC has been vital to allowing us to continue to operate. The only hiccup that we have experienced is that sometimes a Windows update will cause the app to close down in the background so we are not able to connect because the computer will show as "unavailable". So someone has to go to the office to enable the app (which sort of defeats the whole purpose), but then it works fine again. I believe the issue is with Windows, but not GoToMyPC.

I have only had to call customer service one time and the person I spoke with was a consummate professional.

Overall, I love GoToMyPC.
  • COVID has caused our firm to go remote since March 2020 and GoToMyPC has been vital to allowing us to continue to operate.
  • I have two screens at my office and I am able to see both screens.
  • Having GoToMyPC is like sitting at my desk in my office downtown. I can be anywhere.
  • Sometimes printing is quirky.
  • Sometimes, when Windows pushes out an update, it will cause the app to shut down in the background and you can't logon to the computer.
  • Sometimes, the screen slides to the left or right.
Works 99% of the time if you don't want to go to the office.
Read Deborah Poindexter's full review
March 03, 2021
Kumar Utukuri | TrustRadius Reviewer
Some of our employees work completely remotely accessing the company server through GoToMyPC. Some of us use it to check-in after hours. The reliability and speed of the connection have always been exceptional. Couldn't complain at all.
  • Connection speed was always good.
  • Reliability. We rarely had an occasion where GoToMyPc didn't connect.
  • Customer support has always been prompt and thorough.
Read Kumar Utukuri's full review
February 04, 2021
William Jordan | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToMyPC is used by me to access my law practice PC when I am away from my office.
It is invaluable to me as it enables me to access all of my files, client information and folders that otherwise not be available to me while out of the office.
It is a business expense that I don't mind paying; it is very valuable to my practice.
  • Access my desk computer while away from the office
  • Reasonable expense given the benefit
  • Secure connection gives me confidence
  • Bigger fonts/ screen viewing
  • Training session/ video for new user
  • Simpler login process
Accessing office computer while out of office = pro
when I don't have my laptop with me out of office = con
Read William Jordan's full review
December 23, 2020
David Jordan | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToMyPC gives us the flexibility to work remotely. I can support my coworkers on various business issues and questions while walking them through those issues right on the screen. Leaving a file behind on a desktop is never an issue when this easy option is available.
  • Connecting safely
  • Connecting to critical information when working remotely.
  • High-speed connection: It's like having a virtual screen.
  • Transporting files back and forth is not for technical newbies.
  • Should be a short-cut available to blank out the screen, etc. rather than dig for those commands.
  • Should be an easy button to use/see through webcam for security reasons.
Works for a collaborative team environment with a few critical players. Not sure how it would work with larger teams. For our business, it just works!
Read David Jordan's full review
March 28, 2021
I work from home and need a solid remote connection. I used GoToMyPC in the past, had some issues and was influenced to switch to competitor software. I recently started having problems with slow response/freezes/drops, and after troubleshooting everything internet and hardware related, decided to check out GoToMyPC as one step in troubleshooting, and happy I tried this. GoToMyPC has better response time and has been more reliable. GoToMyPC has improved considerably since my last experience and I no longer have issues mentioned earlier, related to competitor software. I do experience a glitch with Excel when using GoToMyPC (copy/paste doesn't work as it should), but it's minor as compared to slow response/freezes/drops. I would like to figure out a way to make the drop-down ribbon stable. I find it distracting with the constant popping up/down. The Support Site could use improvement - key words don't seem to work when troubleshooting and no answers to issues I've searched. There is no Chat option, with only phone support that I haven't tried yet, so no measurement on wait time. At this point, I will continue using GoToMyPC and see how it goes.
  • Good response time.
  • Reliable and smooth connection
  • Improve support search engine, add Chat Support
  • Fix Excel glitch with copy/paste
  • Make the drop-down ribbon stable - constant popping up/down is distracting.
My work from home experience has improved since switching to GoToMyPC trial version. I hope it continues after purchase of subscription.
January 26, 2021
I have an office, but a lot of my work is done at home and also in the church (where the organ is and where choir rehearsals are held). With GoToMyPC, I always have access to my office computer, no matter where I am. It has been meant that I always have accesss to the music I need and the information I need, no matter where I am.
  • I can access music that's on my office computer from home and from the church or from whereever I am. I don't have to worry about taking loads of paper with me.
  • I don't find any real problems with GoToMyPC. I fits what I need very well.
I can access all my music and information whereever I am. If I'm practicing for a concert and find that a piece of music is not working well, I can access my "host" computer, print another piece of music that will work better. I have everything I need with only a little typing.
May 27, 2021
In the past, I used GoToMyPC to access files while traveling all over the world. Currently, because of COVID, I work remotely.
  • Ease of connection
  • Ability to use features on remote desktop
  • Security
  • Speed depending on connection. From home - EXCELLENT
  • Quite happy with current
I like it better than remote desktop. I like seeing my computer as it really appears. It is well suited for all of my remote needs.
December 01, 2020
Betty Ann Sharp | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GoToMyPC in two ways. First, when we are out of the store and an employee has a question, we are quickly able to go login to help with any issue. Second, because we are not open every day because of COVID, we are able to access our databases remotely and answer customer questions as quickly as if we were open.
  • Security
  • Easy to access
  • Rarely unavailable
  • The GoToMyPC printer— it does not seem to work smoothly.
Having this as a tool has helped my business. Perhaps you can offer a tiered billing for small businesses who are struggling in this economy?
I've never needed customer support.
Read Betty Ann Sharp's full review
November 25, 2020
Klaus Snyder | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use GoToMyPC to access my office desktop from all over the world. I've used it from Mexico and all throughout the places in the US I've been to over these past few years. I do not recall exactly when I started with GoToMyPC, but it has been a few years.
  • Easy to log into.
  • Pretty seamless "view" of my screen on my desktop PC in the office.
  • It used to be pretty reasonably priced ... but got quite a bit more expensive in the last year or two.
  • The "screen" resolution seems like it could be a bit clearer when using. GoToMyPC
  • Pricing of the product
Real good to access office PC from home and other remote locations.
I tried just tonight to get information on the use of GoToMyPC while on a Surface in New Zealand with no success. That was disappointing as I would have thought that the automatic "text" would have had information on using GoToMyPC from other countries.
Read Klaus Snyder's full review
December 03, 2020
I pay for my personal account so that I can use it to access work from home, so it's not technically used by my organization. It is used by me for my organization.
  • Super easy to log in and access everything I would be able to see if I were sitting at my desk at work.
  • Software that lives on our work server would not be accessible to me from home without this software.
  • Very user friendly.
  • I wish there was a discount for non-profits. $45 a month is a lot for our small organization so I pay for it myself.
I love how easy it is to log in quickly from home, I can make my screen private so i can answer private emails or handle confidential payroll etc. without the fear that someone may see what is on my screen at work while I am accessing from home. I love that I can print from my work screen to my to my home computer - which helps me get a jump start on the project from home. The only thing that would make it better was if you had a discount for small non-profits.
I have never had to contact support. The product is so easy to use I have not needed help (yet). But if I had to contact them, I am sure they would be just as great to work with as the product itself is.
November 14, 2020
I started using GoToMyPC when traveling, but with the need to work remotely during the virus, this has enabled me to keep my business running. I have not been able to work in my office since February!! and without this option, I would have definitely been in a world of hurt.
  • Ease of Use
  • Good connection
  • A way to extend connection without having to click "keep active"
This is fantastic for working remotely. You can access your office anywhere you can take your laptop or ipad. It has been helpful when in a meeting and a question comes up in regards to a file at the office and you are able to view the actual file instead of relying upon your assistant's explanation.
I have never had to use support and find it works fine
November 07, 2020
I login to remote computers to review accounting and other reporting needs, help solve problems, and stay in contact.
I am very pleased with the speed of connection and the ease of logging in offered by GoToMyPC. This service is a great tool for remote computer connecting. I would recommend it. Glad I have this software.
  • Easy setup and connectivity
  • Good support if there is an issue with software
  • Reasonable price
  • I really have no complaints
  • Does what I use it for well
I am able to be in my office and login to another location to view their computer. I am also able to talk on the phone at the same time and discuss with the client what and why I am doing a task. Lastly, the client can view what I am doing at all times, if they wish.
Some help was needed with initial setup on guest computer--support was excellent
June 10, 2020
Used for remote access to PCs and servers when on the road with a laptop.
  • Remote connectivity.
  • Printing remotely.
  • File transfers.
  • Pricing.
  • Company business practices.
  • Ethics.
Great product, sleazy company.

The product works well, and I consider it the best in class. I loved GoToMyPC in earlier iterations when they use to charge me $15.95/month per license, but then unannounced and for no apparent reason, they jacked the price up by 300 percent to $44.00/month per license. I did not notice for several months. When I went to cancel the product, I was unable to do this online - I was forced to call their call center to cancel. The billing critter refused to issue a refund for the cancellation, although they did offer to reduce my payments back down to $14 per month for 12 months, and said I could call up at the end of the twelve months to get the same deal indefinitely. With their attempt to screw small business owners out of their hard-earned money, I consider this to be one of the sleaziest companies I have ever deal with. I will never ever deal with them again.
Never had to call support.
February 17, 2020
We are a highly mobile company working internationally. The need to remotely access our resources in the United States. GoToMyPC allows us to log onto our office desktops from anywhere in the world. Rather than transport our confidential information on a laptop, we can virtually operate right on our office computers.
  • Remote access of information.
  • Remote access of applications.
  • Streamline the login process.
  • Streamline the installation process.
I find that GoToMyPC is a terrific solution when bandwidth is not an issue. Its a bit slow if you have limited bandwidth.
Its been a while since I needed their tech support but every time I have needed them, it has been a high tension, mission-critical moment and I'm always left feeling unsatisfied (even if they get me back online).
October 21, 2019
Gil Parrish | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToMyPC is utilized by the entire organization. We use the program to access office computers when traveling or in client offices. Some of our vendors use the program to audit orders.
  • GTMPC is particularly fast even on dial-up connections from client offices.
  • The mouse share capability is extremely important and is handled smoothly.
  • The log of who is online, and when, is invaluable.
  • It would be helpful if you could occasionally add one additional user on a temporary basis without having to increase your subscription to a full additional user.
GoToMyPC is particularly well suited for offices with remote clients or if you need to travel extensively to client locations. It is extremely valuable in these circumstances.
Support is outstanding in all respects.
Read Gil Parrish's full review
October 29, 2018
Horacio Carcamo | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToMyPC is a useful software that had helped us work in the organization remotely. It is mainly used when there is a business trip. The person who is on the trip logs in their computer wherever they are and automatically connects without the need to be experienced in networks or coding. Another example of how this software is used, is for connecting to its peer computer, maybe to fix a problem or just help with a report.
  • Provides a great security while connected. GotoMyPc validates and verifies files and data that goes through your account
  • You can perform your workflow and labor task with flexibility
  • Very cheap monthly fee, for a great service and software.
  • Sometimes the consistency in the connection might lag and create some errors.
  • Some issues might be beyond our knowledge, therefore a technician or expert might be needed (rare case)
  • If connecting from home, it will take a lot of your data and might slow other devices connections
The software is very useful for connecting remotely to a PC, these cases could be, when traveling abroad and forgot to copy files or data from your computer.

I do not think GoToMyPC is suited for meetings of conference calls. We have tried it and it failed. The execution of a meeting with this software might confuse and can be trouble if using it as a presentation screen.
Because this software allows me to access my documents anywhere accessing documents remotely and being able to use bulky programs remotely is ideal as you can't simply access a program like that from your smart phone and have the full capabilities. Also, there is no OS requirement since it works with both Mac OS and Windows.
Read Horacio Carcamo's full review
July 18, 2018
Sourav Singla ,Safe Agilist, CSP,  ICP-ACC, CSM, CSPO, SSM, LSSG | TrustRadius Reviewer

GoToMyPC is primarily being used by the Helpdesk department for remotely troubleshooting the errors. They use it for solving errors, file sharing & the ability to share screens and data is great with GoToMyPC.

Also it is being used by some of our employees to work from home. This allows the employees to work from home and have a flexible schedule with safety of connection & data. It helps in reducing attrition rates :) Since Remote sessions are supported from iPad, iPhone, Android devices, employees can work at any time of day with convenience and do not have to stay in the office to get work done. One of the biggest of reason of moving out to GoToMyPC is its ease with which remote connection can be established.

• Printing files from the remote machine is never so easier which I feel is one of the biggest strength of GoToMyPC
  • Even a naive computer user can remotely connecting to another computer using this since no software is needed to be installed. Connection is established just by logging into an account and selecting from a list of desktops available.
  • There is a lag which I observe with other software when I connect to multiple computers but this is not the case with GoToMyPC since you can connect to multiple computers without any performance degradation.
  • Another superb features is guest access for temporary reasons, where we can invite others to directly access files on our desktop without wasting any time in signups .
  • I like the way GoToMyPC brings in transparency by allowing a user to see if another user is logged into a session or not.
  • Features like drag-and-drop transfer of files, multi-monitor support are trivial but saves lot of time & our team use that very frequently.
  • Though I personally never face much issues with this but I do get few complaints from my team on logging out issues like GoToMyPC logs you out if it had not been used in over 15 -20 minutes, though I can understand its important for security reasons.
  • Sometimes my teams complained about facing issues in connecting remote desktops & the support team is not able to find out the reasons but it occurs very rarely.
  • It is expensive as compared to other remote desktop sharing software's like LogMeIn.
1) It works great on mobile devices, Remote sessions are supported from iPad, iPhone, Android devices, Kindle & is very easy to get started
2) It supports stretching or shrinking the interface to best fit the screen without serious visual degradation.
3) If the internet bandwidth is low, it still offers you the best performance by performance-tuning slider control which adjusts the balance of speed and appearance.
4) Custom desktop shortcut feature is great that will let you access your host computer with a single click. This is really good to use for those computers you access a lot.

Read Sourav Singla ,Safe Agilist, CSP, ICP-ACC, CSM, CSPO, SSM, LSSG's full review
October 05, 2017
Denis Rudd II, Ph.D. | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GoToMyPC to help students access licensed versions of software for training. Although we have a virtual system for our training classes, some software is difficult to put into our system. GoToMyPC is a good solution for our clients. Our trainers are able to see what students are doing on classroom PCs and take over when necessary to help them finish an activity or task. It helps make the classes more interactive.
  • Allows two way interaction with a connected PC.
  • Robust options to work in dual monitor environment, if needed.
  • Helpful support.
  • Setup takes a little bit longer than other products.
Great to share screens and provide support on a connected PC.
Read Denis Rudd II, Ph.D.'s full review
March 20, 2017
Breece Robertson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I manage a team of conservation technologists and planners - a mix of staff and consultants - and we work on "land for people" projects nationwide. Because of the distributed nature of our national organization and of our team, GoToMyPC has been critical in helping us access desktops as needed as we travel around the country. GoToMyPC is very stable and has gotten us out of trouble in live presentations on the road when we didn't have the right information on our laptops. We could easily connect to our desktop using the app and get the information we need. GoToMyPC also works very well to sync data from mobile devices or laptops to desktops. We use it to sync data often.
  • Easy access to data on desktops or shared servers in an office
  • Syncing data between laptops and desktops
  • Running applications off a more powerful desktop/server while in the field
  • Add an auto-data sync option
  • Better screen resolution
GoToMyPC is well suited for distributed teams who work out of the office and need to connect back to get critical information. It is a good way for offsite workers to connect into the office.
Read Breece Robertson's full review
April 26, 2016
Seth Arnoff | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToMyPC is primarily used within the marketing department to allow their team to access their work PC and work resources from home. This efficiently allows the users to work from home and have a flexible schedule, which is something the employees appreciate greatly. In addition to allowing work from home opportunities, we also use GoToMyPC as part of our pandemic plan. If the company has a massive flu outbreak we rely on GoToMyPC to continue business.
  • GoToMyPC excels at ease of use and is very intuitive to learn and operate.
  • GoToMyPC allows users to securely access their work resources from home.
  • GoToMyPC is very flexible with many great options of connecting and setting password controls.
  • Removing GoToMyPC or transferring ownership to a different PC can be cumbersome. There should be an easier install-transfer method.
  • The inability to allow multiple users to connect to the same PC became an issue for us as we had some specific requirements to collaborate.

GoToMyPC is best suited with a staff of employees that are capable of working from home under little supervision. The capability and ease-of-use makes it a wonderful tool anybody can use.

This may be less appropriate when management needs to monitor employee activity. There are no options tor record or watch employee use.

Read Seth Arnoff's full review
February 05, 2016
Patrick Cook | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToMyPc is being used by the IT department for remote troubleshooting of issues within the company. The developers are also using GoToMyPc to assist the sales department with application specific troubles.
  • I use this on my work laptop, this enables me to never take my laptop home with me. I can connect to my work laptop from home, and work as if I am sitting at my desk by accessing network file shares and even print to the office printer.
  • I have used other products for remote access, but GoToMyPc is by far the best for performance and ease of use. You notice virtually no machine performance when connecting remotely, unlike other products that at time can cause your machine to feel some performance lag.
  • File Transfers are as easy as a few clicks. It's quick and simple, very user friendly.
It is well suited in an environment where you have several PCs that you access daily and they are spread out over several locations. Or any type of support environment. Every IT department should be using a tool like GoToMyPC, it will make every technician more efficient and will even simplify the support process for your end users.
Read Patrick Cook's full review
November 09, 2015
Luciano Herrera | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToMyPC is used to support users of a student records management database; for people involved in the registration and PEIMS reporting process, across all charter school districts under the Student Alternatives Program Inc., umbrella. It basically gives me the power to manage the database on each of the 8 campuses located as far as Lubbock, El Paso, McAllen and Laredo. It helps with eliminating frequent traveling and allowing me to remotely program training sessions too.
  • Works seamlessly in different networks regardless of the network security and normal protection software used in the education field, as content filters and Firewalls.
  • The ability of transferring files between computer and having full control of the resources at the host receiving side is a great plus.
  • The ease of installation and activation is one of the more appreciated features, mainly because does not require a high level of expertise, pretty straightforward.
  • The platform is really secure and connection problems or slow connections are non-existent.
  • Running some applications using mobile devices is a challenge, not really a software problem, but being able to preprogram some commonly used functions or other command that require long entries would be very useful.
  • A more clean un-installation would help too, some times when remotely accessed computers change very often, it is easy to do a new install but the old installation keeps popping up requesting to finish installation, is not a common problem but there are computers in labs that are rotated frequently and the application is used sporadically and frequently targets different users, mostly for training purposes.
  • Ability to set up access to more than one user in a remote location on same computer.
For one-to one training sessions it is the most appropriate. GoToMyPC is also well suited for a network where security is a key factor, where firewalls, content filters and other security features are activated. It is also well suited for non-technical users.
Read Luciano Herrera's full review
November 06, 2015
We currently use GoToMyPC for supervisors and assigned admin staff to have access to their work computer remotely from home. This affords them the opportunity to work remotely as if they were in the office.
  • GoToMyPC allows users to access work computer remotely and securely.
  • GoToMyPC allows a user to see if another user is logged into a session.
  • GoToMyPC provided great options with adjusting settings to fit the user's needs.
  • The ability to make a full screen on the remote computer. If this feature is enabled I think it will be a great asset.

The key questions that are asked during the selection process is:

1. Will this product allow for a secure remote connection?

2. Will this product allow our users to complete a task remotely?

3. How often is this software updated?

Screen sharing (18)
File transfer (20)
Instant message (4)
6.4
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (5)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (11)
5.1
Over-the-Internet remote session (20)
Initiate remote control from mobile (14)
5.1
Remote management of servers & workstations (14)
9.7
Remote Active Directory® management (9)
10.0
Centralized management dashboard (10)
6.3
Session record (10)
6.5
Annotations (2)
Monitoring and Alerts (3)
1.1
Multi-platform remote control (9)
6.6

What is GoToMyPC?

GoToMyPC is a remote administration offering from LogMeIn with mobile deployment to work on files, programs, and networks from home or while traveling.