Reviews (1-9 of 9)
- GTMPC is particularly fast even on dial-up connections from client offices.
- The mouse share capability is extremely important and is handled smoothly.
- The log of who is online, and when, is invaluable.
- It would be helpful if you could occasionally add one additional user on a temporary basis without having to increase your subscription to a full additional user.
- Provides a great security while connected. GotoMyPc validates and verifies files and data that goes through your account
- You can perform your workflow and labor task with flexibility
- Very cheap monthly fee, for a great service and software.
- Sometimes the consistency in the connection might lag and create some errors.
- Some issues might be beyond our knowledge, therefore a technician or expert might be needed (rare case)
- If connecting from home, it will take a lot of your data and might slow other devices connections
I do not think GoToMyPC is suited for meetings of conference calls. We have tried it and it failed. The execution of a meeting with this software might confuse and can be trouble if using it as a presentation screen.
GoToMyPC is primarily being used by the Helpdesk department for remotely troubleshooting the errors. They use it for solving errors, file sharing & the ability to share screens and data is great with GoToMyPC.
Also it is being used by some of our employees to work from home. This allows the employees to work from home and have a flexible schedule with safety of connection & data. It helps in reducing attrition rates :) Since Remote sessions are supported from iPad, iPhone, Android devices, employees can work at any time of day with convenience and do not have to stay in the office to get work done. One of the biggest of reason of moving out to GoToMyPC is its ease with which remote connection can be established.
- Printing files from the remote machine is never so easier which I feel is one of the biggest strength of GoToMyPC
- Even a naive computer user can remotely connecting to another computer using this since no software is needed to be installed. Connection is established just by logging into an account and selecting from a list of desktops available.
- There is a lag which I observe with other software when I connect to multiple computers but this is not the case with GoToMyPC since you can connect to multiple computers without any performance degradation.
- Another superb features is guest access for temporary reasons, where we can invite others to directly access files on our desktop without wasting any time in signups .
- I like the way GoToMyPC brings in transparency by allowing a user to see if another user is logged into a session or not.
- Features like drag-and-drop transfer of files, multi-monitor support are trivial but saves lot of time & our team use that very frequently.
- Though I personally never face much issues with this but I do get few complaints from my team on logging out issues like GoToMyPC logs you out if it had not been used in over 15 -20 minutes, though I can understand its important for security reasons.
- Sometimes my teams complained about facing issues in connecting remote desktops & the support team is not able to find out the reasons but it occurs very rarely.
- It is expensive as compared to other remote desktop sharing software's like LogMeIn.
2) It supports stretching or shrinking the interface to best fit the screen without serious visual degradation.
3) If the internet bandwidth is low, it still offers you the best performance by performance-tuning slider control which adjusts the balance of speed and appearance.
4) Custom desktop shortcut feature is great that will let you access your host computer with a single click. This is really good to use for those computers you access a lot.
- Easy access to data on desktops or shared servers in an office
- Syncing data between laptops and desktops
- Running applications off a more powerful desktop/server while in the field
- Add an auto-data sync option
- Better screen resolution
- GoToMyPC excels at ease of use and is very intuitive to learn and operate.
- GoToMyPC allows users to securely access their work resources from home.
- GoToMyPC is very flexible with many great options of connecting and setting password controls.
- Removing GoToMyPC or transferring ownership to a different PC can be cumbersome. There should be an easier install-transfer method.
- The inability to allow multiple users to connect to the same PC became an issue for us as we had some specific requirements to collaborate.
GoToMyPC is best suited with a staff of employees that are capable of working from home under little supervision. The capability and ease-of-use makes it a wonderful tool anybody can use.
This may be less appropriate when management needs to monitor employee activity. There are no options tor record or watch employee use.
- I use this on my work laptop, this enables me to never take my laptop home with me. I can connect to my work laptop from home, and work as if I am sitting at my desk by accessing network file shares and even print to the office printer.
- I have used other products for remote access, but GoToMyPc is by far the best for performance and ease of use. You notice virtually no machine performance when connecting remotely, unlike other products that at time can cause your machine to feel some performance lag.
- File Transfers are as easy as a few clicks. It's quick and simple, very user friendly.
- Works seamlessly in different networks regardless of the network security and normal protection software used in the education field, as content filters and Firewalls.
- The ability of transferring files between computer and having full control of the resources at the host receiving side is a great plus.
- The ease of installation and activation is one of the more appreciated features, mainly because does not require a high level of expertise, pretty straightforward.
- The platform is really secure and connection problems or slow connections are non-existent.
- Running some applications using mobile devices is a challenge, not really a software problem, but being able to preprogram some commonly used functions or other command that require long entries would be very useful.
- A more clean un-installation would help too, some times when remotely accessed computers change very often, it is easy to do a new install but the old installation keeps popping up requesting to finish installation, is not a common problem but there are computers in labs that are rotated frequently and the application is used sporadically and frequently targets different users, mostly for training purposes.
- Ability to set up access to more than one user in a remote location on same computer.
- GoToMyPC allows users to access work computer remotely and securely.
- GoToMyPC allows a user to see if another user is logged into a session.
- GoToMyPC provided great options with adjusting settings to fit the user's needs.
- The ability to make a full screen on the remote computer. If this feature is enabled I think it will be a great asset.
The key questions that are asked during the selection process is:
1. Will this product allow for a secure remote connection?
2. Will this product allow our users to complete a task remotely?
3. How often is this software updated?
GoToMyPC Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
GoToMyPC Technical Details