GoToMyPC is a remote administration offering from LogMeIn with mobile deployment to work on files, programs, and networks from home or while traveling.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/8e/S1/A760L53WCIT8.PNGConnect anywhere with GoToMyPC and become proactiveGoToMyPC is a useful software that had helped us work in the organization remotely. It is mainly used when there is a business trip. The person who is on the trip logs in their computer wherever they are and automatically connects without the need to be experienced in networks or coding. Another example of how this software is used, is for connecting to its peer computer, maybe to fix a problem or just help with a report.,Provides a great security while connected. GotoMyPc validates and verifies files and data that goes through your account You can perform your workflow and labor task with flexibility Very cheap monthly fee, for a great service and software.,Sometimes the consistency in the connection might lag and create some errors. Some issues might be beyond our knowledge, therefore a technician or expert might be needed (rare case) If connecting from home, it will take a lot of your data and might slow other devices connections,9,We have saved money on expensive network devices for remotely access It increases productivity by working from any part of the world at any time. The ease of use have avoid us excessive charges on training for the software,Chrome Remote Desktop and LogMeIn Central,LogMeIn Central, Google Charts, HubSpot, DashThis, Shopify, PayPal Payments, MegaMeeting.com, 1Password,25,25,When they travel for business and needs information from their home base PC Usually remote desktop softwares requires VPN, this one does not. Useful for file transfer and data management.,File transfers Data connection report and analysis Remote connection,Remote printing Invite a guest to remote connection session Take advantage of mobile device application,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Analyst Reports,I would go ahead and research more in this area. We did not get a lot information on remote desktop softwares but the first option and cheap one that came up was GoToMyPc. Also, I would have done a screening process of connections between this software and another. At the end, GoToMyPc was definitely the one.,10,No,I have called once regarding an issue with my login. I was starting to use this software, therefore, did not had experience in the interface. I used the login limit which later I had to call customer service. They resolve my issue very fast and were very kind trying to go the extra mile. I felt satisfied after the call and logged in again without any issue.,Software interface and navigational menu's Installation is not complex at all File sharing is very easy to use,Screen Sharing Connection issues might log you off the session Mouse pointer in the mobile app is hidden,Yes,10Using GoToMyPC is as easy as pieGoToMyPC is primarily being used by the Helpdesk department for remotely troubleshooting the errors. They use it for solving errors, file sharing & the ability to share screens and data is great with GoToMyPC. Also it is being used by some of our employees to work from home. This allows the employees to work from home and have a flexible schedule with safety of connection & data. It helps in reducing attrition rates :) Since Remote sessions are supported from iPad, iPhone, Android devices, employees can work at any time of day with convenience and do not have to stay in the office to get work done. One of the biggest of reason of moving out to GoToMyPC is its ease with which remote connection can be established.,Printing files from the remote machine is never so easier which I feel is one of the biggest strength of GoToMyPC Even a naive computer user can remotely connecting to another computer using this since no software is needed to be installed. Connection is established just by logging into an account and selecting from a list of desktops available. There is a lag which I observe with other software when I connect to multiple computers but this is not the case with GoToMyPC since you can connect to multiple computers without any performance degradation. Another superb features is guest access for temporary reasons, where we can invite others to directly access files on our desktop without wasting any time in signups . I like the way GoToMyPC brings in transparency by allowing a user to see if another user is logged into a session or not. Features like drag-and-drop transfer of files, multi-monitor support are trivial but saves lot of time & our team use that very frequently.,Though I personally never face much issues with this but I do get few complaints from my team on logging out issues like GoToMyPC logs you out if it had not been used in over 15 -20 minutes, though I can understand its important for security reasons. Sometimes my teams complained about facing issues in connecting remote desktops & the support team is not able to find out the reasons but it occurs very rarely. It is expensive as compared to other remote desktop sharing software's like LogMeIn.,7,IT Help-desk team is able to remotely connect to another computer easily & troubleshoot the issues with no separate software installation & with minimal training. It allows the employees to do work from home seamlessly since GoToMyPC allows you to access your entire work computer from home & not only files & screen. It allows multiple users (IT Help-desk team members) to connect with the same host computer and control it simultaneously with no extra cost involved,TeamViewer and Symantec pcAnywhere,Symantec pcAnywhere, TeamViewer, LogMeIn CentralGoToMyPC - Excellent Scalable Screen SharingWe use GoToMyPC to help students access licensed versions of software for training. Although we have a virtual system for our training classes, some software is difficult to put into our system. GoToMyPC is a good solution for our clients. Our trainers are able to see what students are doing on classroom PCs and take over when necessary to help them finish an activity or task. It helps make the classes more interactive.,Allows two way interaction with a connected PC. Robust options to work in dual monitor environment, if needed. Helpful support.,Setup takes a little bit longer than other products.,10,Students get a seamless experience that allows trainers or support to manage a remote machine. Students don't have to have the software on their machine to participate in a class. Trainer setup requires physical contact with a machine, so it takes a bit of time for us to setup the machines to use.,TeamViewer,Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Office 365, VNCGoToMyPC reviewI manage a team of conservation technologists and planners - a mix of staff and consultants - and we work on "land for people" projects nationwide. Because of the distributed nature of our national organization and of our team, GoToMyPC has been critical in helping us access desktops as needed as we travel around the country. GoToMyPC is very stable and has gotten us out of trouble in live presentations on the road when we didn't have the right information on our laptops. We could easily connect to our desktop using the app and get the information we need. GoToMyPC also works very well to sync data from mobile devices or laptops to desktops. We use it to sync data often.,Easy access to data on desktops or shared servers in an office Syncing data between laptops and desktops Running applications off a more powerful desktop/server while in the field,Add an auto-data sync option Better screen resolution,10,GoToMyPC allows my staff to run processes on their desktop and go home but still check on the processes after hours as neededGoToMyPC, the best solution for work-from-home officesGoToMyPC is primarily used within the marketing department to allow their team to access their work PC and work resources from home. This efficiently allows the users to work from home and have a flexible schedule, which is something the employees appreciate greatly. In addition to allowing work from home opportunities, we also use GoToMyPC as part of our pandemic plan. If the company has a massive flu outbreak we rely on GoToMyPC to continue business.,GoToMyPC excels at ease of use and is very intuitive to learn and operate. GoToMyPC allows users to securely access their work resources from home. GoToMyPC is very flexible with many great options of connecting and setting password controls.,Removing GoToMyPC or transferring ownership to a different PC can be cumbersome. There should be an easier install-transfer method. The inability to allow multiple users to connect to the same PC became an issue for us as we had some specific requirements to collaborate.,10,Work from home options have allowed for much less needed office space. We can utilize PC's on two shifts now, one during the day and another employee working from home during the night. Greatly increased efficiency for our support department troubleshooting tickets.,TeamViewer,TeamViewer, RealVNC, Dell ChangeBASE
GoToMyPC

GoToMyPC Reviews

GoToMyPC
Filter 28 vetted GoToMyPC reviews and ratings
Horacio Carcamo profile photo
October 29, 2018

Review: "Connect anywhere with GoToMyPC and become proactive"

• Provides a great security while connected. GotoMyPc validates and verifies files and data that goes through your account
  • You can perform your workflow and labor task with flexibility
  • Very cheap monthly fee, for a great service and software.
  • Sometimes the consistency in the connection might lag and create some errors.
  • Some issues might be beyond our knowledge, therefore a technician or expert might be needed (rare case)
  • If connecting from home, it will take a lot of your data and might slow other devices connections
The software is very useful for connecting remotely to a PC, these cases could be, when traveling abroad and forgot to copy files or data from your computer.

I do not think GoToMyPC is suited for meetings of conference calls. We have tried it and it failed. The execution of a meeting with this software might confuse and can be trouble if using it as a presentation screen.
Read Horacio Carcamo's full review
Sourav Singla ,Safe Agilist, CSP,  ICP-ACC, CSM, CSPO, SSM, LSSG profile photo
July 18, 2018

User Review: "Using GoToMyPC is as easy as pie"

• Printing files from the remote machine is never so easier which I feel is one of the biggest strength of GoToMyPC
  • Even a naive computer user can remotely connecting to another computer using this since no software is needed to be installed. Connection is established just by logging into an account and selecting from a list of desktops available.
  • There is a lag which I observe with other software when I connect to multiple computers but this is not the case with GoToMyPC since you can connect to multiple computers without any performance degradation.
  • Another superb features is guest access for temporary reasons, where we can invite others to directly access files on our desktop without wasting any time in signups .
  • I like the way GoToMyPC brings in transparency by allowing a user to see if another user is logged into a session or not.
  • Features like drag-and-drop transfer of files, multi-monitor support are trivial but saves lot of time & our team use that very frequently.
  • Though I personally never face much issues with this but I do get few complaints from my team on logging out issues like GoToMyPC logs you out if it had not been used in over 15 -20 minutes, though I can understand its important for security reasons.
  • Sometimes my teams complained about facing issues in connecting remote desktops & the support team is not able to find out the reasons but it occurs very rarely.
  • It is expensive as compared to other remote desktop sharing software's like LogMeIn.
1) It works great on mobile devices, Remote sessions are supported from iPad, iPhone, Android devices, Kindle & is very easy to get started
2) It supports stretching or shrinking the interface to best fit the screen without serious visual degradation.
3) If the internet bandwidth is low, it still offers you the best performance by performance-tuning slider control which adjusts the balance of speed and appearance.
4) Custom desktop shortcut feature is great that will let you access your host computer with a single click. This is really good to use for those computers you access a lot.

Read Sourav Singla ,Safe Agilist, CSP, ICP-ACC, CSM, CSPO, SSM, LSSG's full review
Denis Rudd II, Ph.D. profile photo
October 05, 2017

Review: "GoToMyPC - Excellent Scalable Screen Sharing"

• Allows two way interaction with a connected PC.
  • Robust options to work in dual monitor environment, if needed.
  • Helpful support.
  • Setup takes a little bit longer than other products.
Great to share screens and provide support on a connected PC.
Read Denis Rudd II, Ph.D.'s full review
Breece Robertson profile photo
March 20, 2017

"GoToMyPC review"

• Easy access to data on desktops or shared servers in an office
  • Syncing data between laptops and desktops
  • Running applications off a more powerful desktop/server while in the field
  • Add an auto-data sync option
  • Better screen resolution
GoToMyPC is well suited for distributed teams who work out of the office and need to connect back to get critical information. It is a good way for offsite workers to connect into the office.
Read Breece Robertson's full review
Seth Arnoff profile photo
April 26, 2016

Review: "GoToMyPC, the best solution for work-from-home offices"

• GoToMyPC excels at ease of use and is very intuitive to learn and operate.
  • GoToMyPC allows users to securely access their work resources from home.
  • GoToMyPC is very flexible with many great options of connecting and setting password controls.
  • Removing GoToMyPC or transferring ownership to a different PC can be cumbersome. There should be an easier install-transfer method.
  • The inability to allow multiple users to connect to the same PC became an issue for us as we had some specific requirements to collaborate.

GoToMyPC is best suited with a staff of employees that are capable of working from home under little supervision. The capability and ease-of-use makes it a wonderful tool anybody can use.

This may be less appropriate when management needs to monitor employee activity. There are no options tor record or watch employee use.

Read Seth Arnoff's full review
Patrick Cook profile photo
February 05, 2016

GoToMyPC Review: "The number 1 remote support tool!!!"

GoToMyPc is being used by the IT department for remote troubleshooting of issues within the company. The developers are also using GoToMyPc to assist the sales department with application specific troubles.
  • I use this on my work laptop, this enables me to never take my laptop home with me. I can connect to my work laptop from home, and work as if I am sitting at my desk by accessing network file shares and even print to the office printer.
  • I have used other products for remote access, but GoToMyPc is by far the best for performance and ease of use. You notice virtually no machine performance when connecting remotely, unlike other products that at time can cause your machine to feel some performance lag.
  • File Transfers are as easy as a few clicks. It's quick and simple, very user friendly.
It is well suited in an environment where you have several PCs that you access daily and they are spread out over several locations. Or any type of support environment. Every IT department should be using a tool like GoToMyPC, it will make every technician more efficient and will even simplify the support process for your end users.
Read Patrick Cook's full review
Luciano Herrera profile photo
November 09, 2015

Review: "GoToMyPC, best remote tech support and training alternative"

GoToMyPC is used to support users of a student records management database; for people involved in the registration and PEIMS reporting process, across all charter school districts under the Student Alternatives Program Inc., umbrella. It basically gives me the power to manage the database on each of the 8 campuses located as far as Lubbock, El Paso, McAllen and Laredo. It helps with eliminating frequent traveling and allowing me to remotely program training sessions too.
  • Works seamlessly in different networks regardless of the network security and normal protection software used in the education field, as content filters and Firewalls.
  • The ability of transferring files between computer and having full control of the resources at the host receiving side is a great plus.
  • The ease of installation and activation is one of the more appreciated features, mainly because does not require a high level of expertise, pretty straightforward.
  • The platform is really secure and connection problems or slow connections are non-existent.
  • Running some applications using mobile devices is a challenge, not really a software problem, but being able to preprogram some commonly used functions or other command that require long entries would be very useful.
  • A more clean un-installation would help too, some times when remotely accessed computers change very often, it is easy to do a new install but the old installation keeps popping up requesting to finish installation, is not a common problem but there are computers in labs that are rotated frequently and the application is used sporadically and frequently targets different users, mostly for training purposes.
  • Ability to set up access to more than one user in a remote location on same computer.
For one-to one training sessions it is the most appropriate. GoToMyPC is also well suited for a network where security is a key factor, where firewalls, content filters and other security features are activated. It is also well suited for non-technical users.
Read Luciano Herrera's full review
November 06, 2015

"GoToMyPC review"

We currently use GoToMyPC for supervisors and assigned admin staff to have access to their work computer remotely from home. This affords them the opportunity to work remotely as if they were in the office.
  • GoToMyPC allows users to access work computer remotely and securely.
  • GoToMyPC allows a user to see if another user is logged into a session.
  • GoToMyPC provided great options with adjusting settings to fit the user's needs.
  • The ability to make a full screen on the remote computer. If this feature is enabled I think it will be a great asset.

The key questions that are asked during the selection process is:

1. Will this product allow for a secure remote connection?

2. Will this product allow our users to complete a task remotely?

3. How often is this software updated?

Screen sharing (8)
File transfer (8)
Instant message (3)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (3)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (5)
6.2
Over-the-Internet remote session (8)
Initiate remote control from mobile (6)
9.5
Remote management of servers & workstations (7)
Remote Active Directory® management (6)
Centralized management dashboard (5)
Session record (6)
Annotations (2)
Monitoring and Alerts (2)
Multi-platform remote control (5)
9.5