Easy and quick access!

Why GoToMyPC Makes Work Easier

March 18, 2022

Easy to use.

February 27, 2022

Over-the-Internet remote session (53)

9.7

Screen sharing (43)

9.5

File transfer (51)

Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (33)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of GoToMyPC, and make your voice heard!

What is GoToMyPC?

GoToMyPC is a remote administration offering from GoTo (formerly LogMeIn) with mobile deployment to work on files, programs, and networks from home or while traveling.

15 people want pricing too

What is Splashtop?

Splashtop is a remote support software solution for IT, support teams, and help desks that enables users to securely connect on-demand to users’ computers and mobile devices with a simple session code or with unattended anytime access. There are four packages to choose from – Splashtop Business…

What is TeamViewer?

TeamViewer provides software for both remote management and online collaborations. With TeamViewer, users have access to fully integrated online conference solutions for audio and video communication, including interactive screen sharing and remote access features.

Remote Administration

What is GoToMyPC?

REMOTE ACCESS THAT HAS BEEN OPERATING FOR 20+ YEARS.
GoToMyPC is designed to drive productivity and flexibility.

1. To Install GoToMyPC
An account can be created anywhere, but for GoToMyPC Personal or Pro, it must be set up physically present at the Mac or PC to access remotely. For GoToMyPC Corporate, the user can set up an account from anywhere without needing to be physically present at the PC to access remotely.

2. Connect From Another Device
On the other computer, log in at www.gotomypc.com. Press Connect and the desktop will appear.

3. Work Like Normal
Users can now access files, applications and a network as they were sitting right in front of a computer.

GoToMyPC Video

GoToMyPC Key Features

GoToMyPC Downloadables

GoToMyPC Competitors

GoToMyPC Technical Details

What is GoToMyPC?

What is GoToMyPC's best feature?

Reviewers rate Instant message highest, with a score of 10.

Who uses GoToMyPC?

The most common users of GoToMyPC are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Used for a single user (an owner) who is retired from the organization. For remote support - very simple to use and decent price.
  • Renders remote computer clearly.
  • Responds to remote controls quickly.
  • Price is good
  • The only thing I can think of is the constant pop-up for LastPass that popped up for a while.
Best used for users that need remote access, with very simple installation and no support really needed. Less appropriate for large organizations and many users.
When I need to travel away from my office to another location, I still need to be able to process the difficult payroll clients. GoToMyPC allows me to fulfill my job easily. I need the capability of using this software. I have tried others but this is the best!!!
  • I can access the computer that I need.
  • I have been able to access either of my 3 computers.
  • I can print to my office computer or another printer.
  • I would appreciate it if the price were lower.
When I leave the office and go home or on a business trip, GoToMyPC is my companion to getting work done.
I haved used GoToMyPc for years in my accounting business. It is very easy to install and operate. GoToMyPC allows me quick and easy access to my client's computers and accounting software. One of my favorite and most used feature is the ability to print from the clients' computers to my printer and/or laptop. Without this easy remote access I would not be able to function in as effecient and productive manner. My only con is the price jump several years ago.
  • Easy and quick sign on to the remote computer.
  • Simple printing function from remote computer.
  • Always available.
  • Happy with the functions - cost
GoToMyPc has provided me the ability to work from my home office during all types of weather and conditions, long before COVID forced the issue. I have full access to my remotes at all times.
Harry Sterling | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a real estate agent that has most of my primary files on my home office PC. I need to access the files when in the Coldwell Banker office either from one of the office computers or have at times, when away from the office, accessed through my smartphone. I can also print documents from my home office PC to one of the office printers. When on vacation, I always have my laptop, and should the need arise I can conduct a sales transaction with my laptop connected to my home office PC. If I am away for an extended time, I will take a small portable printer and can print documents from my office PC to the remote portable printer. I find the software to be very flexible.
  • Accessing remote files and running apps on the host PC
  • Remote printing
  • Syncing files between the remote host and local laptop
  • It is becoming expensive and I wish I could access more than one host with my current license.
It is well suited for accessing a host with large files which are not appropriate for using iCloud storage. It is great to be able to have a scaled-down tablet or laptop and be able to have access to all of the apps and files on the host system.
I need to be able to reach my desktop when I'm not in the office. It allows me to work from anywhere - which I do. Being able to pull files from our office computers and distribute them as necessary to our estimator wherever he is at the moment is important when all our work is done off the premises. We are too small to need a server or any pricey software/hardware solutions when a simple solution like GoToMyPC lets us access the files, including construction drawings, at any time. A cloud based solution is not as fast as using my office desktop even though we back up to Office 365. I keep the files we are currently using in a folders on my desktop and they are easy to find.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, I have been able to work at home and stay safe. But I am also able to access our estimator's computer directly to download plans and leave note directly on his desktop because his computers at his homes are also running GoToMyPC.

I've been using GoToMyPC since I first discovered it over 20 years ago when we were still using dial up & before 'drag & drop" was available - it worked well then, and it's gotten better all the time.
  • Let's me work from my actual office computer's desktop
  • Transfers large files from one computer to another - fast
  • Let's me access our other remote computers within my first remote access so I don't have to go back and forth between logins.
  • A voice or video feature might be nice on occasion
  • Printing doesn't work on all of my remote computers
  • Mostly happy with everything
If you work away from an office computer, it's the best way to work away from it because you are actually working on it and not just files you've transfered to another machine.
If you work on an ipad, it's not always the best unless you have a keyboard.
I can use it on my phone for quick references or to email a file from my office computer, but it's not the greatest way to use the service. Just a stopgap. I usually carry a Surface that works great for remomte work, but sometimes I only have my phone. At least I have access, but using the screen "mouse" on my phone is a pain.
If you carry a laptop with you and it's your main work computer, you wouldn't need this service.
April 04, 2022

Great access

Philip Freedman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using GoToMyPC for over 15 years. It allows me to use my office computers at home or anywhere even on vacations. It allows me to check on clients' work, check emails and finish clients' work. I like it since I can be in the office, but not be in the office. It is very easy to use and over the years I've had no problems with it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to access their computers remotely. I give it 5 stars.
  • It connects to my office computer very quickly.
  • I like looking at my office computer screen as if I am sitting there.
  • I know that my communication is very secure.
  • Bigger screen size.
  • Default printer should not be GoToMyPC but office printer.
  • Like to see my office screen background instead of black.
It allows me to download and work on clients' databases on the weekends without driving into the office so that on Monday I don't have to waste time downloading the weekend databases.
March 26, 2022

Love GO TO MY PC!

I love GO TO MY PC. I use it when out of town on business or vacation to access my work computer. This is needed to place orders and send invoices. Since we don't use QB online, this is a great option when out of town.
  • Fast connection.
  • Secure connection.
  • Easy to use.
  • Could be less expensive for 1 computer.
I use to place orders and send invoices via email via my work computer and QB. Very trustworthy and easy to use. The print function might be a bit easier though.
I REGULARLY USE GoToMyPC TO ACCESS MY OFFICE COMPUTER FROM OTHER LOCATIONS. I STARTED DOING THIS ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO AND HAVE FOUND OVER THAT TIME THAT IT IS INDISPENSABLE TO ME. RARELY HAVE I HAD TO SEEK ASSISTANCE, BUT WHEN I HAVE IT HAS BEEN HANDLED PROFESSIONALLY AND PROMPTLY WITH ANY ISSUE BEING RESOLVED. THERE MAY BE OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS, BUT I HAVE NEVER SOUGHT THEM OUT BECAUSE OF MY COMPLETE SATISFACTION WITH GoToMyPC. FIVE STARS FROM ME.
  • FAST
  • SEAMLESS
  • ALLOWS REMOTE PRINTING
  • FAIRLY PRICED
  • PROFESIONAL
  • EXCELLENT SUPPORT
  • NONE
ASKED ALREADY AND ANSWERED. GoToMyPC IS AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT AND I FEEL MY ALMOST 20 YEARS OF REGULAR USE QUALIFIES ME TO SAY THAT.
Excellent connectivity and very easy to use, always reliable and trustworthy. Not had any issues over the years we have used GoToMyPC, you get what you pay for, a quality product. There are competitors offering similar services for less money but we trust and don't wish to risk the possible compromise of going elsewhere other than the market leader.
  • Great security
  • Never had connectivity issues with them
  • The range of devices that can connect
  • The cost is fair for the service
Ideal for remote working, was superb for the team to use during the recent pandemic
I really appreciate that during Covid I could do all of my computer work from home. I was able to get into all of the websites I needed that had the passwords saved on my computer. I even appreciated that I could print documents at the office and was able to go into the office once a week and collect the papers I had printed. Everything is at my fingertips when using GoToMyPC and it is easy to use. It was truly like working at my computer at work but being home and doing the same work. I can't think of anything I don't like about this program. Speed never seemed to be an issue.
  • Allows you to print to printers that are attached to your main computer.
  • Access to my browsers and passwords that I've saved on my browsers
  • Can file my emails easily
  • Sometimes it looks like I haven't logged in when I have. There is a strange box that sometimes pops up and I think I have to log in again, when I don't.
  • I wish it was free.
I could always get to any information I needed on my base computer. I didn't have to worry about cloud issues and wonder where I filed things because I had access to my main computer by using GoToMyPC. I can't think of anything bad to say.
I find it extremely useful to access my office computer. It has allowed me to work mostly from home, which has been very useful during the COVID-19 pandemic. It has helped with avoiding having to come into the office physically each time I needed access to a file. It also allows secure storage of information at one site rather than risking bringing it out of the office.
  • Ease of installation and start-up.
  • Full anti-virus protection and data sharing protection.
  • Good customer support.
  • Sometimes the window freezes or there are issues with the file transfer function
I think it is well-suited for most situations where you need to access information from the office remotely. It is excellent when you want to keep information on site but you want to work from home. It allows for flexibility in all situations. The only downside is if you want to have the excuse that you can't do the work because you "left it at the office", that excuse no longer exists.
I use the software to access secondary computer when out of my office. If I need files that are not available on my tablet, which have been archived on my desk top, this is an ideal means to do so.
  • Connection reliability. When I need it, then only reason it doesn't work is if my desk top has shut down
  • File transfer. File transfer is seamless and very easy to use
  • Work from software that is not designed to work well across VPN. Go to my PC acts as a virtual terminal allowing me to access the full data base on the office server via my desktop nearly instantaneously.
  • The pricing has crept up in the last three years. I understand everything has to increase, but it's starting to become a point I have to work to justify.
I find it appropriate in all situations I need to use it. The only possible downfall will be increased costs that put the ROI outside my range.
February 27, 2022

Easy to use.

Use it to access home computer from work. Our IT department said it was a security risk for us to do what we needed to do to support our customers. So one way to get around it was to use my home laptop to run the features I need to support our customers.
  • Easy to connect. Desktop shortcut connects me right away.
  • Connections are very fast. No lag hardly at all. Once in a while, it will hang for a couple of seconds but then come right back.
  • Easy to download and set up.
  • Has provided a solution so I can better serve our customers' requirements.
  • I do not have a printer on my host PC but I do on my client's PC. I have not been able to figure out how to connect through my client from my host to use the printer.
  • One way to get around the above issue is to print to a .pdf printer then transfer the file to my client and print it. A bit more time-consuming but works.
  • I really have not come across anything that I feel needs tweaking or changing other than what I already stated above. Great product.
So far I have had no complaints about using this product. It works pretty much seamlessly for my requirements. I feel this is a very good and professional product. Well work the expense when needed. Have not had to use any help features other than the online Q & A database they have.
I use GoToMyPC to remotely access my desktop at the office when I travel. This keeps documents and records secure since they never actually leave the protected environment of the office. It is quick, easy to use, and is an intuitive learning curve.
  • Easy to learn how to use.
  • Simple billing plan.
  • Flexible when I need them to be.
  • Re-establishing connection when on a weak wi-fi (hotel?) is troublesome.
  • Sharing account access is odd.
  • Is there an Orientation video for users new to GoToMyPC? There was not one when I signed up.
Excellent for secure and safe access. Works very well in both VPN-protected and regular wi-fi environments.
February 25, 2022

My go to for making $$

Belinda Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
GoToMyPC has been a life saver for me in multiple situations. I have worked from hospitals, home, vacation and even on a cruise. So easy to use and I cannot say how much I love the remote print and file sharing options. I will more than likely continue to use for another 15 years.
  • File sharing
  • Easy log in
  • Raising prices
Perfect for working anywhere you can obtain a secure connection. I would not use on a public network.
We are a small organization and without GoToMyPC none of us would be able to go on vacation or take days off.
  • Connect me to my office
  • Very easy to use
  • Excellent file transfer
  • Remote printing
  • I have not run across anything I think needs fixing
GoToMyPC is great for me because I am able to travel and was able to attend events with my son growing up that I would not have been able too had I not had the luxury to login to my office CPU.
I work remotely and occasionally from home. Using GoToMyPC is fantastic. I can access office-bound files and applications as if I am physically there. My work is so much easier having this capability. It saves hours of what would be traveling in and out of Manchester at unsavory hours. GoToMyPC is a perfect solution for my work/life balance.
  • Launching bespoke company apps
  • To be able to print in the office from remote locations
  • Saving documents on internal servers
  • Better reporting where there are speed issues
As someone who is traveling around the North West of England, GoToMyPC is a perfect solution as our client estimating tool is not cloud-based and I can access my desktop in the office as if I am sitting at my office desk.
I'm a long-time GoToMyPC user. In the past two years with the pandemic, I've been working from some different venues. GoToMyPC gives me the freedom to untether from my office desktop to work seamlessly from wherever I choose. We use a few software packages that can't be installed on laptops so it's critical I have access no matter where I am. I have the confidence that I can be productive and effective even if I'm working away from my main office.
  • Connect wherever you are
  • Easily transfer files
  • Can print on local printer
  • Fewer ads for other software like virus protection
It's appropriate anywhere you have internet access. I would only use on a secure network.
I travel frequently and need access to all of my office computer's information. GoToMyPC allows me to connect easily from anywhere and work as if I am at my office. I can easily access all of my files, folders, and applications and perform the functions I would as if I were sitting in front of my computer. It allows me to work seamlessly and access my two monitors with a simple click on a slider bar.
  • I am able to easily access both of my home monitors on GoToMyPC by simply clicking on a slider bar.
  • I have access to all of my drives and programs as if I were sitting in my office.
  • GoToMyPC allows me to print to my office printers so I can complete paperwork and print it for my colleagues back in the office to use.
  • There are no shortcomings for my usage.
GoToMyPC is a fantastic program that allows me to go on the road with the confidence that I can still get all of my work done. I am able to access Quickbooks to manage our accounts as well as access all of my drives and folders so I can complete paperwork and handle issues that may come up when I am away. In warmer weather, it also allows me to work from my back porch instead of sitting in my office.
I use GoToMyPC when I am home or traveling to access my desktop computer/server at work. This allows me to be able to continue to conduct business when I am on the road. In my line of work, I have to be accessible all of the time. Having GoToMyPC provides me with that accessibility and alleviates my stress in knowing I can still get my work done when I am out of the office.
  • Allows me to access my office server that contains shared documents
  • Allows me to easily access documents that are on my office desktop when I'm not in the office
  • Allows me to better access my office emails instead of trying to view them on my phone
  • Since I am not technology savvy, I really don't know of any improvements
A couple of years ago my son was diagnosed with cancer. His treatment was at a facility 4 hours away. I was able to still conduct and run my business while sitting in waiting rooms, etc. It helped pass the time and I didn't have to stress about not being at work.
January 24, 2022

When I Go To My PC I....

I am able to access important workstations by using GoToMyPC. When trouble-shooting problems it is invaluable that I can literally see the issue my staff experiences. By both being able to see the desktops/applications we cut through to dealing with the issue at hand. It saves me time, money, and the HASSLE of "envisioning" what we are discussing or meeting about. GoToMyPC creates an immediate common reality with my staff.
  • Speed between computers is fast.
  • Allowing login information to be saved saves me time and hassle (I'm all about that).
  • I wish the PC I'm viewing's screen was larger. My laptop is 17" but using GoToMyPC cuts a narrow around the computer screen I'm viewing, and I'm constantly moving multiple windows to work and see them all.
  • It's pretty spendy. Remote workers are ever more the norm, but at nearly $1000 a year per user, I don't think we can justify the time savings - particularly when Google Meeting or Zoom or Facebook meeting are available.
The user has to be very comfortable with the concept of logging in and using the other desktop (and its printers). It is not as user-friendly (although I don't find it user-unfriendly) as other options - and certainly less expensive. I'd LOVE to offer it to all of my staff so they can work a modified schedule from home without missing out on the tools (printers, hard drives, files, etc.).
I use GoToMyPC to connect to my office from home or on the road. Yes, there are other programs that allow you to connect remotely, but none are as full-featured GoToMyPC. I particularly appreciate the custom scaling you can make to screen size and the ability to remotely print to an actual printer. The program is robust and I have never had a problem with it, although it took them forever to remove the popup for Bitdefender antivirus. I could not make it go away no matter what I did. But on a functionality scale, it is nearly perfect.
  • remote printing
  • completely scalable screen size
  • smooth dual screen usage.
  • Popups for additional services or products that are hard to get rid of
  • inability to scroll to the bottom of a screen when not using [the] actual size and the target monitor is a vertical display
Well suited to remote access anywhere. I tried to use it from my cell phone and it works but the screen is so small it is unusable. Computer to computer is unmatched.
I do not recall ever having to contact support for help which makes support wonderful. I was able to review the FAQs and community and get the answer I needed quickly. Once when I had a question about billing and costs; the person I spoke to was able to explain what the options were and got me a refund when we discovered I was paying for more services than I needed.
January 21, 2022

Great Product

I use GoToMyPC to work from home. During this pandemic (COVID-19) we were told we had to work from home beginning in April of 2020. GoToMyPC allows me to connect directly to my computer as if I were physically there. It allows me to accomplish what I need to get done each day. Without this connection, I would not be able to do my job.
  • Provides a means of working from my office remotely
  • Allows full access to my computer at the office
  • Ease of use is particularly convenient
  • Great support
  • I would like to pay my bill from my company (with a purchase order and check) rather than using my personal credit card and then having to get reimbursed.
I highly recommend this program to anyone who needs to work remotely from their office. The ease of signing up and using it is wonderful.
I use GoToMyPC when I am working from my home office and need to access programs or files that are kept on my client's computer. This allows me to work on projects in an efficient time frame that allows me to work during the pandemic and stay healthy.
  • Connecting me to desktop files
  • Allows me to switch between screens
  • Easy to cut and paste information from a desktop document to a cloud document
  • Transfer or copy files from the computer drive (c drive) to your active desktop file folders.
  • The ability to set your own "Time Out" too often I have to log back in if switching between computer screens.
  • Easier way to print documents to printers not connected to the computer being accessed.
GoToMyPC is well suited on working on projects that have firm software that is not installed on multiple computers. The convenience of being able to access programs while not having to be in the office is a great benefit. I specifically use this feature for working on financial documents prior to Board Meetings. I am able to access the finance program from my home office, complete and distribute financial documents well in advance of a board meeting.
I find it harder to work on design projects utilizing GoToMyPC due to the lag time during the design process. I have learned to work around the issue, and find that I will schedule design work while I am in the office and minimize the amount of time I work on these projects from my home office. All in all, it is worth the time I spend working on design projects from home if that means I have billable hours.
January 11, 2022

Easy to use

Angel Orozco | TrustRadius Reviewer
I need to have access to the main computer in my office constantly. GoToMyPC allows me to have access at any time regardless of where I am at. It is perfect when traveling or when I'm at home. Also from my back office since the main computer is located at the front desk. It has been very convenient all these years.
  • Very easy to access it.
  • It is very clear and allows me to zoom in/out for easy reading on my computer.
  • Allows me to print remotely
  • Sometimes it shows my remote computer as unavailable, but if I continue logging in, it connects me.
  • Sometimes the view of the remote computer for someone using it is different when I am logged in
  • Sometimes slows the speed of the computer
GoToMyPC is well suited at any time when I need access and I am not in the office. It is also well suited when I need to train an employee without having to be sitting next to her. It also works really well when my front desk personal is not sure how to enter a transaction and I am not there.