Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Over-the-Internet remote session (53)
Screen sharing (43)
File transfer (51)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (33)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of GoToMyPC, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Renders remote computer clearly.
- Responds to remote controls quickly.
- Price is good
- The only thing I can think of is the constant pop-up for LastPass that popped up for a while.
- I can access the computer that I need.
- I have been able to access either of my 3 computers.
- I can print to my office computer or another printer.
- I would appreciate it if the price were lower.
- Easy and quick sign on to the remote computer.
- Simple printing function from remote computer.
- Always available.
- Happy with the functions - cost
- Accessing remote files and running apps on the host PC
- Remote printing
- Syncing files between the remote host and local laptop
- It is becoming expensive and I wish I could access more than one host with my current license.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, I have been able to work at home and stay safe. But I am also able to access our estimator's computer directly to download plans and leave note directly on his desktop because his computers at his homes are also running GoToMyPC.
I've been using GoToMyPC since I first discovered it over 20 years ago when we were still using dial up & before 'drag & drop" was available - it worked well then, and it's gotten better all the time.
- Let's me work from my actual office computer's desktop
- Transfers large files from one computer to another - fast
- Let's me access our other remote computers within my first remote access so I don't have to go back and forth between logins.
- A voice or video feature might be nice on occasion
- Printing doesn't work on all of my remote computers
- Mostly happy with everything
If you work on an ipad, it's not always the best unless you have a keyboard.
I can use it on my phone for quick references or to email a file from my office computer, but it's not the greatest way to use the service. Just a stopgap. I usually carry a Surface that works great for remomte work, but sometimes I only have my phone. At least I have access, but using the screen "mouse" on my phone is a pain.
If you carry a laptop with you and it's your main work computer, you wouldn't need this service.
- It connects to my office computer very quickly.
- I like looking at my office computer screen as if I am sitting there.
- I know that my communication is very secure.
- Bigger screen size.
- Default printer should not be GoToMyPC but office printer.
- Like to see my office screen background instead of black.
- Fast connection.
- Secure connection.
- Easy to use.
- Could be less expensive for 1 computer.
- ALLOWS REMOTE PRINTING
- FAIRLY PRICED
- EXCELLENT SUPPORT
- Great security
- Never had connectivity issues with them
- The range of devices that can connect
- The cost is fair for the service
- Allows you to print to printers that are attached to your main computer.
- Access to my browsers and passwords that I've saved on my browsers
- Can file my emails easily
- Sometimes it looks like I haven't logged in when I have. There is a strange box that sometimes pops up and I think I have to log in again, when I don't.
- I wish it was free.
- Ease of installation and start-up.
- Full anti-virus protection and data sharing protection.
- Good customer support.
- Sometimes the window freezes or there are issues with the file transfer function
- Connection reliability. When I need it, then only reason it doesn't work is if my desk top has shut down
- File transfer. File transfer is seamless and very easy to use
- Work from software that is not designed to work well across VPN. Go to my PC acts as a virtual terminal allowing me to access the full data base on the office server via my desktop nearly instantaneously.
- The pricing has crept up in the last three years. I understand everything has to increase, but it's starting to become a point I have to work to justify.
- Easy to connect. Desktop shortcut connects me right away.
- Connections are very fast. No lag hardly at all. Once in a while, it will hang for a couple of seconds but then come right back.
- Easy to download and set up.
- Has provided a solution so I can better serve our customers' requirements.
- I do not have a printer on my host PC but I do on my client's PC. I have not been able to figure out how to connect through my client from my host to use the printer.
- One way to get around the above issue is to print to a .pdf printer then transfer the file to my client and print it. A bit more time-consuming but works.
- I really have not come across anything that I feel needs tweaking or changing other than what I already stated above. Great product.
- Easy to learn how to use.
- Simple billing plan.
- Flexible when I need them to be.
- Re-establishing connection when on a weak wi-fi (hotel?) is troublesome.
- Sharing account access is odd.
- Is there an Orientation video for users new to GoToMyPC? There was not one when I signed up.
- Remote printing
- File sharing
- Easy log in
- Raising prices
- Connect me to my office
- Very easy to use
- Excellent file transfer
- Remote printing
- I have not run across anything I think needs fixing
- Launching bespoke company apps
- To be able to print in the office from remote locations
- Saving documents on internal servers
- Better reporting where there are speed issues
- Connect wherever you are
- Easily transfer files
- Can print on local printer
- Fewer ads for other software like virus protection
- I am able to easily access both of my home monitors on GoToMyPC by simply clicking on a slider bar.
- I have access to all of my drives and programs as if I were sitting in my office.
- GoToMyPC allows me to print to my office printers so I can complete paperwork and print it for my colleagues back in the office to use.
- There are no shortcomings for my usage.
- Allows me to access my office server that contains shared documents
- Allows me to easily access documents that are on my office desktop when I'm not in the office
- Allows me to better access my office emails instead of trying to view them on my phone
- Since I am not technology savvy, I really don't know of any improvements
- Speed between computers is fast.
- Allowing login information to be saved saves me time and hassle (I'm all about that).
- I wish the PC I'm viewing's screen was larger. My laptop is 17" but using GoToMyPC cuts a narrow around the computer screen I'm viewing, and I'm constantly moving multiple windows to work and see them all.
- It's pretty spendy. Remote workers are ever more the norm, but at nearly $1000 a year per user, I don't think we can justify the time savings - particularly when Google Meeting or Zoom or Facebook meeting are available.
- remote printing
- completely scalable screen size
- smooth dual screen usage.
- Popups for additional services or products that are hard to get rid of
- inability to scroll to the bottom of a screen when not using [the] actual size and the target monitor is a vertical display
- Provides a means of working from my office remotely
- Allows full access to my computer at the office
- Ease of use is particularly convenient
- Great support
- I would like to pay my bill from my company (with a purchase order and check) rather than using my personal credit card and then having to get reimbursed.
- Connecting me to desktop files
- Allows me to switch between screens
- Easy to cut and paste information from a desktop document to a cloud document
- Transfer or copy files from the computer drive (c drive) to your active desktop file folders.
- The ability to set your own "Time Out" too often I have to log back in if switching between computer screens.
- Easier way to print documents to printers not connected to the computer being accessed.
I find it harder to work on design projects utilizing GoToMyPC due to the lag time during the design process. I have learned to work around the issue, and find that I will schedule design work while I am in the office and minimize the amount of time I work on these projects from my home office. All in all, it is worth the time I spend working on design projects from home if that means I have billable hours.
- Very easy to access it.
- It is very clear and allows me to zoom in/out for easy reading on my computer.
- Allows me to print remotely
- Sometimes it shows my remote computer as unavailable, but if I continue logging in, it connects me.
- Sometimes the view of the remote computer for someone using it is different when I am logged in
- Sometimes slows the speed of the computer