Grasshopper Reviews

April 08, 2021
Diane Helbig | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I switched because Grasshopper was more reasonably priced and the functionality was better. It is also easier to use and the customer service is better. Overall, the experience with Grasshopper has been great. And I like how I can access my calls and voicemails on my android phone. It makes dealing with calls more timely.
Read Diane Helbig's full review
April 07, 2021
Scott Banks | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Before using Grasshopper, we were only using personal cell phones. Giving out our numbers to all customers and visitors meant that they could call our cell phones even after business hours. Implementing Grasshopper allowed our organization to make it so that business calls only went to our cell phones during work hours.
Read Scott Banks's full review
David Renberg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

It stacks up very well against a traditional phone alternative. No hardware necessary, no complicated setup or training, it's perfect. I honestly did not compare to other internet based companies. They checked all of the boxes and came highly recommended from a colleague, so I just went with it.
Read David Renberg's full review
September 19, 2019
Trisha Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I selected Grasshopper after testing a few similar service providers based on two priorities, in this order:

1. Ease of use - I can easily train another team member on how to manage our call handling.
  2. Price - Grasshopper has competitive pricing, which as a very small business owner, is really appreciated.
Read Trisha Miller's full review
Jacqueline Grant | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

What went into my decision making process was price, ease-of-use, being able to port or carry over my 800 number no matter what my physical location would be. How I came upon Grasshopper is because I moved from one office location to another and the business number I had for that original location was tied to that location and I could not take it with me.
Read Jacqueline Grant's full review
September 25, 2019
Bryan McAnulty | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

For some small businesses that want a virtual phone number, Skype might also be an option. We use Skype as well, but it is not a replacement for the features of Grasshopper. Skype can give you a virtual number, but it won't provide extensions, caller directory, complex forwarding options, call screening, and other features like Grasshopper does. We've been using Grasshopper for over 9 years now and see no reason to look for an alternative.
Read Bryan McAnulty's full review
September 11, 2019
Chris Donald | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Ring Central was a good option but was more expensive. They did offer conference meeting/webinar meetings, but we use Go To Meeting for that and didn't need that feature.
Read Chris Donald's full review
Brian Kidd | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

When researching solutions, Grasshopper just seemed the most user-friendly and I could get running fast on it.
Read Brian Kidd's full review
September 26, 2019
James Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

The amount of features is unmatched by the other service I've used. It's not a fair comparison, however, I will say that the features work very well. I've never had a client complain, only compliments, so as far as I'm concerned. The price for the value is good.
Read James Smith's full review
September 30, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Grasshopper stacks up against the competition. With an easy to use portal, low cost, and multiple options to choose from, Grasshopper is a formal contender. We’ve used Grasshopper for the last few years with an amazing amount of success. There is no competition when it comes to low-cost phone providers.
September 19, 2019

Alternatives Considered

For the money and features, Grasshopper wins hands down to other solutions we've used.

Hosted PBX (22)
9.6
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (24)
9.2
User templates (19)
Call reports (32)
9.4
Directory of employee names (33)
Answering rules (45)
Video screen sharing (3)
Instant messaging (8)
Mobile app for iOS (32)
9.4
Mobile app for Android (27)

What is Grasshopper?

Grasshopper is an IP telephony business communication solution that provides companies with a toll-free or local phone number. It has both desktop and mobile applications and includes features such as custom greeting recording, call forwarding, call transfer, call reporting, and voicemail.

Key Features