Greater Giving Reviews

September 18, 2020
I began using Greater Giving (GG) as a volunteer at a gala, then became the treasurer of the gala the next year. I really liked the system, so decided to purchase it for my nonprofit. We have primarily used GG to manage our gala ticket purchases, table assignments, and our day to day donations online.
  • Website design is really easy and looks very professional.
  • Data uploads and downloads are generally pretty easy.
  • Process flows are nicely organized and easy for a non-technical person to figure out
  • Reports have frequent glitches; especially when downloading large amounts of data (more than 500 records).
  • Lacks data integration capabilities with other systems (Salesforce, Constant Contact, Zoho, etc.); I have found workarounds by uploading and downloading reports, but it really is a pain
  • Customer Support is terrible! The online support is uncaring and completely incompetent. On the other hand, the phone support is really friendly and generally quite knowledgeable about the product and solutions.
At first, I loved the system, but after using it for several months, became frustrated with the system's errors. I asked to speak to a manager, so they could be aware of my suggestions (as a fan of the product). They never returned my multiple requests for a conversation, which made me feel unvalued. It really turned me against the product because nobody ever offered me guidance or even an apology for my product complaints/concerns. I currently still use the product, but would only half-heartedly recommend it to friends and colleagues. I will definitely NOT implement it for my future clients.
Online support was one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had (I would give them a 1). Phone support and implementation support were very nice and knowledgeable.
May 31, 2019
Sharon Burk | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for auction management. We have many users, and it transfers from one "owner" to another every few years. It's amazing for keeping tabs on everything you need to keep an auction running smoothly!
  • Lists of things you need to get done, and in what order you need to do them.
  • Details of packages sold, with many different splits.
  • Overall picture of all the auction income, again, with different splits.
  • Love to see more places to log expenses, so you can run a total report of net income.
  • It's often a bit wide for my screen, which I can work around.
It's wells suited for non-profits planning any auction-type fundraiser with many volunteers.
Read Sharon Burk's full review
July 23, 2018
Lindsay Cleland | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Greater Giving to manage (most of) our event-related needs. We use it not only to manage a day of event registration but also to keep track of historical information - sale dates, etc... so that we can track how we are doing year after year.

I am the primary user who manages the data input and preps our volunteers. We have volunteers who use the software to help us with on-site registration and credit card processing at events.

The software is excellent at doing the following:
1. Allowing us a user-friendly platform to manage our event day registrations
2. Giving us the option to swipe a credit card (or save a credit card) so that our attendees can both make contributions and purchases during an event using only their bid number
  • Credit card swiping at registration is important to us. It allows our attendees to have the option to make a contribution during our special appeal, purchase silent auction items, etc... without having to make a payment each time.
  • The day-of-event registration is so easy. As long as our host has provided us the name of the attendee registration is a breeze.
  • The ability to send out post-event tax receipts
  • My main issue with Greater Giving is that they do not allow us to pass on the fees to the purchasers, which is why we do not use them for pre-event admission and sponsorship sales.
  • I wish that the event registration webpage could be modified more so that it can be brand compliant and look like it belongs on our website.
  • It is slightly more expensive than some of the other options - but for the reasons I stated in the pros section, we find that it is worth the extra cost for our event-related needs.
For our organization, Greater Giving is the best option because of the credit card swiping, the ease of the registration, and the tax receipts alone. I do wish that it would allow us to pass on the credit card fees to the purchaser, but for that reason, we don't use it for registration.

For an organization NOT needing to swipe credit cards at the event for on-site purchases or using their tax receipt software, I do think that there are more affordable options.
Read Lindsay Cleland's full review
July 26, 2018
Greater Giving is used in our Development and Communications Department. We use the platform for our event planning and execution - i.e., the annual gala and other smaller events.
  • Greater Giving is very user-friendly for both staff and volunteers
  • Greater Giving sales and receipt generating features are well received by the guest at our event
  • Greater Giving provides excellent customer support - in particular, their "night of" event support
  • Greater Giving would improve the client experience if sites were allowed to create a more fully functioning "test" models to use when training volunteers. Example, testing the online auction features in test mode
  • Navigating their video/webinar catalog seemed clunkier than in previous years
Greater Giving is well suited for galas and other smaller events. We use it for about four events annually ranging in size from 80 - 400 guests. We tried to use it for an open house but did not have as much success in capturing the information as the groups responding varied in size - our frustrations may have due to limited experience with the product.

We are finding the more familiar we are with the product, the better our ROI on our investment.

What is Greater Giving?

Greater Giving in Beaverton offers their online fundraising event platform supporting benefit auctions with event registration, document management and donor emails, secure payment collection, member dues and tuition collection, and other related tools.