Consul Reviews

November 19, 2019
Erlon Sousa Pinheiro | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

Consul looks to me like an amazing solution to store configuration data. In huge cloud environments like what we are using nowadays, it is quite important to have a reliable source of parameters to our distributed applications, easily scalable and also, easy to change parameters spreading them efficiently over our entire environment.
Read Erlon Sousa Pinheiro's full review
August 08, 2019

Likelihood to Recommend

Right now, I would wager to say that Consul is the best cloud agnostic solution for service health/discovery and for integrating with Vault (for obvious reasons).
January 18, 2018
Eric Krueger | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

Consul is well suited for both SMB as well as enterprise environments. I have found it to be a robust scalable tool to help make our company more efficient. Consul excels in a single database or a multi-database environment which makes searches easier. Small businesses might find this a bit overkill as a product but it can still benefit them.
Read Eric Krueger's full review
February 15, 2017
Claudio Fernando Maciel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

I've been using Consul as my only service discovery tool for my Swarm of Nodes, deployed with Docker. Also, as a side effect, it provides me a great health checking tool for my node services. I didn't need to to much configuration, pretty much the stock Consul docker image ran almost out of the box, without much hassle, which in this aspect, is a basic characteristics of Consul.
Read Claudio Fernando Maciel's full review

What is Consul?

HashiCorp Consul is a tool for discovering and configuring services in the IT infrastructure. It provides service discovery, health checking, key/value stores and support for multiple data centers out of the box.

Consul Technical Details