Consul Reviews

November 19, 2019
Erlon Sousa Pinheiro | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've been using Hiera as a database for my puppet deployments for years, specifically by using encrypted Hiera, but this year I had to create a new environment and I have decided to try something more robust. My logical choice was to look for something well established on DevOps ecosystem. I've heard a lot about HashiCorp Consul and I have decided to try it. Now, Consul is my official key-value solution being reliable and efficient making me confident mainly about high availability.
Read Erlon Sousa Pinheiro's full review
August 08, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Consul is currently being used at our company across multiple teams in both development and operations. We use Consul as a back-end for Vault, we use Consul as a means to do service discovery and health checks, and we also use the Consul K/V store to coordinate runs of our configuration management platform, Chef.
January 18, 2018
Eric Krueger | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Consul is being used by the IT department to help create efficiencies across the company. Because we are a multi-data center environment we rely on Consul's monitoring to keep us alerted properly. Our DNS and services get a big boost while making our engineer's jobs easier. I highly recommend this product for any IT department.
Read Eric Krueger's full review
February 15, 2017
Claudio Fernando Maciel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using Consul as our service discovery to provide load balancing decisions on our swarm of containers, distributed throughout our clients' servers, as well as our servers. The DevOps team is the responsible for leveraging our Consul instances, maintaining them and keeping them communicable with all our nodes in a real time fashion.
Read Claudio Fernando Maciel's full review

What is Consul?

HashiCorp Consul is a tool for discovering and configuring services in the IT infrastructure. It provides service discovery, health checking, key/value stores and support for multiple data centers out of the box.

Consul Technical Details