Terraform

Terraform Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Michael Jenkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have yet to have an opportunity to reach out directly to HashiCorp for support on Terraform. However, I have spent a great deal of time considering their documentation as I use the tool. This opinion is based solely on that.

I find the Terraform documentation to have great breadth but lacking in depth in many areas. I appreciate that all of the tool's resources have an entry in the docs but often the examples are lacking. Often, the examples provided are very basic and prompt additional exploration. Also, the links in the documentation often link back to the same page where one might expect to be linked to a different source with additional information.
Terraform has a robust and nascent community active in the Terraform forums and on GitHub. I haven't tried interacting with anyone there, but I heard from my co-workers they've found many solutions to their issues there. We also use Terraform Enterprise, provided by HashiCorp, and I have experienced first-class, professional, and timely support from them via email (but this depends on which plan you pay for).
Jeffrey Severance | TrustRadius Reviewer
Terraform is community driven but does offer support for it's Enterprise product. When contacting the team at HashiCorp we have always gotten resolution to our issues. They have been very responsive in returning our calls and answering our questions as they come up. We are currently using the open source model.

What is Terraform?

Terraform from HashiCorp is a cloud infrastructure automation tool that enables users to create, change, and improve production infrastructure, and it allows infrastructure to be expressed as code. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared amongst team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned. It is available Open Source, and via Cloud and Self-Hosted editions.

Terraform Pricing

Team & Governance$20per user/per month
BusinessContact sales team

Terraform Technical Details

What is Terraform?

What is Terraform's best feature?

Reviewers rate Performance highest, with a score of 9.4.

Who uses Terraform?

The most common users of Terraform are from Mid-size Companies and the Computer Software industry.