There are three main factors to renew a licence:
1) Cost to migrate to another platform would be rather expensive and time consuming, plus the requirement of retraining employees to use a new tool
2) It has been proven time and time again that it is a market leader in the space (10 years +)
3) It can be built upon, with the addition of additional IBM EMM modules - despite theories it does have very strong digital capabilities.
If there are changes in data sources, it is really difficult to find out with unica campaigns are affected, and very time consuming to make the changes.
In SAS we it was possible to automatically document all our programs, so that we could easily search that documentation for the use of variables, files, calculations and so on, in UNICA this is all done manually.
- Supported: End-to-end campaign management
- Supported: Campaign measurement and reporting
- Supported: Deeper customer relationships
- Oracle Siebel Enterprise Marketing Suite (discontinued)