HCSS

HCSS Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

J. Mickey Merguerian | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have NEVER put in a ticket to our IT team at HeavyJob and not received a response or resolved an issue within a few hours and at the very max a day. They seem to take extreme notice of issues and resolving them so overall, their customer service is unparalleled as far as I can tell.
Olaf Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am always treated with the upmost respect from the personnel. Most time the person will be able to fix the issue I have, give me a work around or get back to me after they have consulted and figured out my issue. Sometimes I feel like the call tree does not direct you to the correct person to handle your issue.
10 +++ HCSS support is well above average and basically, they are the benchmark that we place all other software support against. We have no other software in our business that is even close to the level of support and attention that HCSS has to educate, train and create an environment where you can be successful with utilizing every bit of their software that you need. Most software purchased has more to it than most companies need. The difference with HCSS is they explain how to make all their features work and help you be successful with training and implementation. Once you are done with training and implementation they follow up and ask questions to make sure they are convinced you are fully trained to operate their software.

The people at HCSS who I interact with, whether it is a support technician, product manager, or the HCSS President, Mike Rydin, are as passionate at making construction management for heavy civil contractors a valuable experience as I am. They want to get us emphatic, project management addicted people in to tell them why their product is not working, and work with us to design the software to work for us.

HCSS is good for the heavy civil contractor; it is going to help us to manage our projects with precision, accuracy, and accountability.

Michael Daughters | TrustRadius Reviewer
HCSS offers 24/7 support for any technical issues. They have a tech support team who consists of the people who programmed the software, and thus knows the features inside and out. I have rarely called the tech support line when I was not able to be helped and my issue solved.
Joseph McElwee | TrustRadius Reviewer
HCSS Technical Support has the best customer service that I have even seen. Phone calls into the help center are answered immediately and problems can usually be solved right over the phone. Their technical support staff is very knowledgeable.
January 09, 2018

HCSS product review

I give it this rating as, over the many years of dealing with the staff, they have always been available, helpful and stick with an issue until it has been resolved. And I never give anyone a 10 for anything.
Dave Luytjes | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like that I will always be talking to a knowledgeable individual when I call. They make a point of answering the phone within 3 rings, this is huge when I am having a problem. Even during off hours, if I call and have to leave a message, I will get a call back in a matter of minutes not the next day.
Heather Gunzelmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have had frustrations with the support. The more senior support reps are amazing. A lot of newer ones do not seem to understand the system and they don't seem to get how everything connects, specifically between Heavy Bid and Heavy Job. Almost all our significant problems had to be escalated to an implementer, programmer, or higher level individual. I find support lacking in in-depth issues but fine for basic questions. Although sometimes I have been given conflicting information from different reps. The best thing that happened for me was to be able to go to a user group last year, get everything I had issues with resolved and then didn't have to get in touch with support at all.
December 01, 2017

HCSS - Payroll Processing

Bethanie Larson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I enjoy the fact that you always receive a live person on the phone and they are willing to do whatever it takes to assist you with your question. They log right on to my computer so I can show them the issue at hand, that way they can see exactly what I'm talking about. It provides an effective and efficient way to problem solve.
Linda Pawlak | TrustRadius Reviewer
Overall support at HCSS is great. The "support call" line is better suited for users at small companies that are not likely to have questions that may rely on client specific use and installation of the product for it's business process.
November 06, 2017

HCSS, YES, YES, YES

Randy Gambrill | TrustRadius Reviewer
As newer users of Heavy Job, my superintendents, field users, and administrative assistants, along with myself, have called for support on several occasions. Each time the support people are very courteous and knowledgeable. If they cannot answer the question, they make sure to get it from someone and get the issue resolved asap.

HCSS Scorecard Summary

Construction Project & Field Management (9)
Plan distribution & viewing (9)
Plan markups & sharing (6)
6.0
Issue tracking & punchlists (13)
9.9
Photo documentation (25)
10.0
Jobsite reports (30)
Document sharing (17)
RFI tools (1)
3.0
Collaboration & approvals (19)
5.5
Mobile app (28)

What is HCSS?

HCSS is a construction software suite for estimating, operations, project management, safety, and equipment management used by the top contractors in transportation, oil & gas, power, industrial, telecom, and water/wastewater. Contractors use the software suite to win profitable work, keep projects on track and on budget, manage key assets, and then they integrate that information directly into their accounting system.

Suite components include:
  • HeavyBid (estimating)
  • HeavyJob (time cards, job costing, project management)
  • HCSS Safety

• Supported: Equipment Maintenance
  • Supported: Equipment Work Orders
  • Supported: Alerts & Notifications

HCSS Screenshots

HeavyBid - build the structure of your estimateHeavyBid - manage sub and material quotesHeavyBid - create professional bid proposalsHeavyJob - manage your job site from your mobile deviceHeavyJob - capture job site photos from any deviceHeavyJob - review, edit, and approve time cards from a mobile deviceHeavyJob - review daily job information and crew performance on a mobile deviceHeavyJob - see how your jobs are performing from your mobile deviceHCSS Safety - lead effective safety meetingsHCSS Safety - keep permanent inspections in one central locationHCSS Safety - capture near misses in the fieldHCSS Safety - capture incident information as soon as it happensHCSS Safety - JHAs/JSAs/AHAs

HCSS Video