White Glove Payroll Service

June 23, 2022

Salary revision and increment management (5)

Direct deposit files (6)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Heartland Payroll+, and make your voice heard!

What is Heartland Payroll+?

4 people want pricing too

What is Gusto?

Gusto offers payroll, benefits and compliance capabilities. Gusto is scaled for small to mid-sized businesses, and emphasizes an easy to use interface.

Sorry, this product's description is unavailable

Payroll Management

What is Heartland Payroll+?

According to the vendor, Heartland Payroll+ is a complete management solution. The vendor aims to serve as a single point of contact, making it easy to deal with any issue. Customers have online access to their payroll data and employee information, and Heartland’s user-friendly tools allow you to stay on the go or take it slow.

Heartland Payroll+ Features

Heartland Payroll+ Video

Brief Overview on Heartland Payroll+

Heartland Payroll+ Competitors

Heartland Payroll+ Technical Details

What is Heartland Payroll+'s best feature?

Reviewers rate Pay calculation and Salary revision and increment management highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Heartland Payroll+?

The most common users of Heartland Payroll+ are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Real Estate industry.

I own and operate a Group Health Insurance Agency. We have now been partnering with Heartland Payroll/HR for the last 2 years. It has been an amazing experience. Not only has my own business run without a hitch with managing our payroll, but all of our clients we have referred over have had the same experience. It's a true white-glove service. Every company regardless of size has a dedicated payroll specialist but also has the original sales agent attached to the account for the life of the account. Total accountability. The technology is a game-changer, and far less expensive than those two garbage payroll giants everyone usually uses. Plus they don't sell insurance or benefits but integrate their platform with real professionals. Keep your broker and advisor and get the all-in-one feel.
  • White-glove customer support. All employees are in the United States and they must pay them well, because they don't seem to have turnover there.
  • Technology is awesome. We have Payroll, HR, T&A, ATS, and onboarding with them.
  • Their Tax Credit tech is amazing. I received more money in tax credits last year than payroll cost me. That's a net positive!
  • Compliance with their HR team is great, and they don't hit you over the head on the price for it.
  • Pricing is fantastic with a 3-year price lock. No BS discounting that jumps back up a year later.
  • One of my clients wanted an LMS and they currently don't have one of their own.
Companies under 500 employees and that do a lot of hiring.
Janet Cody | TrustRadius Reviewer
We rely on our payroll system for onboarding, managing employee time, and processing payroll as well as tax return filing for 50+ employees in medical practice.
  • Calculating accurate pay
  • General Ledger importation
  • Customer Service
  • Setup
  • After sale support
  • Training
  • Employee self service
  • Tracking time off and PTO requests
We changed payroll companies from Paycom to Heartland this year at the recommendation of our insurance agent who insisted they would integrate with the EASE system, which tracks employee benefits and deductions. However, 8 weeks into it, I regret my decision, since the setup hasn't been completed yet. The lack of responsiveness in some cases is astounding and often we have to ask 3, 4, and 5 times for something to be done. I hate to think what will happen after we are "handed off" from the payroll implementation team to the regular schmucks. We still are not able to track PTO and time off and we have been begging for the self-service feature to be turned on for employees so they can change addresses, bank account info, etc. Their training is NONEXISTENT and their manual is abysmal. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! I wish I could go back to Paycom!
  • no training
Often when you call the 800 number there is NO answer
Cathy Hutchison | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Heartland Payroll as our payroll processor and also for the Onboarding process. Heartland Hire is the onboarding tool connected with our Heartland payroll account. It is a cloud-based system that also stores all of our employee files. It directly links with E-verify and Good Hire for background checks and helps make our onboarding process seamless. With our facility locations and employees being scattered in Middle TN, it makes our hiring process run smoothly and we always know we have all the documentation needed.
  • Onboarding new hires is convenient and easy with Heartland Hire!
  • Employees have easy access to paystubs and W-2 as soon as they become available.
  • Heartlands dashboard of reminders keeps me on track for payroll processing.
  • Sometimes the system (geocode) will not allow me to process address changes by asking for help from our specialist.
  • Response for assistance is usually a lot slower when our dedicated specialist is not available.
As far as payroll software goes, Heartland works well for our current needs. We have an average of 43 employees that work in remote locations. Employees have access to an APP to retrieve their paystubs and notifications. Our assigned payroll specialist is responsive to our requests. The software is reliable. We are able to log hours worked at different locations to pull labor allocation reports needed for accounting purposes. The ease of the onboarding process is a game-changer, especially with all the issues since the pandemic began. I can't imagine the hiring process without it! We are able to run background checks and have the new hire complete the necessary forms. Then process the Everify file once all info is obtained. Notifications from heartland are easy to understand and it makes the hiring process overall so efficient!
I used Heartland Payroll+ for both payroll processing and credit card processing. I terminated my CC processing with them due to their costs, customer service, and what I felt were constant new reps. In my experience, it was hard to remember who was handling my account. With payroll, I only stay with them because of the hassle of starting with a new company, but I really wish I had the time because their customer service, in my opinion, is one of the most horrendous in the industry. They implemented a new sign-on procedure and I followed the directions exactly. It Locked me out, and in my experience, no one was available to help me. There was no live chat, no phone number to call, nothing. I'm an MCSE and can navigate this migration, but to not have tech support available immediately during a transition I feel is absolutely ridiculous. This bar is a hobby and I use ADP in my other job and like them so much better. My time is valuable but Heartland Payroll+ doesn't seem to care [to me]. [I] wouldn't complain but this is not [my] first time having issues. They don't file the 941's in [what I feel is] a timely matter which then falls on me to investigate and again I have to search my emails because they changed my rep again. [I feel like it] must be a terrible company to work for. Communication in today's business world is the most important key and in this, it's like talking to a brick wall.
  • Cheap payroll processing but [in my opinion] you get what you pay for
  • [In my experience] great ability to frustrate their customers
  • Geat for the economy because [I feel] they hire so many different people and [in my experience] they don't hang around [so] you don't know who your rep is
  • Communication
  • Employee retention
  • Proper tax filings and timely
  • Customer respect
Bradley Gill | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small video production company with only four full-time employees paid on salary. We have used Heartland Payroll since we started payroll four years ago. They make it fairly easy so that I don't have to do too much in order to make sure everyone gets paid. I had a representative locally help me get started and then the rest is taken care of by a remote account manager.
  • The account rep is very responsive and usually gets back to my emails quickly.
  • The online system is really easy to use.
  • They offer a separate page for employees to log in for pay stubs and another log in for admin.
  • Sometimes I don't receive the email to remind me to process payroll.
  • The local rep that helped with the setup is no longer with the company and I don't have anyone to contact locally if needed.
  • I wish there was a one click button so that I could just repeat the same payroll as last time.
We really only use the payroll features on Heartland, but they do offer so much more. They can help with vacation and sick time accrual and much more that I probably don't even know about. In order to get started with Heartland Payroll, it seems like you might need to know a little bit about how payroll works so that you can set it up properly.
My account rep is very responsive when I send them an email. Sometimes I don't use the exact lingo and it takes a few messages to get the answer I'm looking for, but that is probably my fault. I do wish there was a local rep that I could meet with if needed.
Lisa Baker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Heartland for all divisions. We utilize the payroll and employee onboarding products. It helps keep all documents in one secure location and allows our employees to access their pay stubs at any time.
  • Onboarding: their secure platform allows employees to upload sensitive documents to a safe location.
  • Payroll processing: it's a very easy platform to navigate through.
  • Personal communication: I have one rep who I have direct communication with.
  • If I need to calculate the net amount for a check, it's a difficult process.
Because we're a small business, I can't tell if Heartland Payroll is appropriate for a larger operation. For a small business, it's like having your own HR department. You can place an ad, accept resumes, and hire directly through their Heartland Hires platform. This is perfect for a small company like ours. For a larger company, it may not be robust enough.
I never have trouble reaching customer support. They always are able to assist with fixing any problems that arise. There honestly haven't been many issues at all. Only ones I've created :)
TINA LARSSON | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Heartland Payroll for our whole organization. It is a great payroll service. I really appreciate the personal service, the fixed payroll fee as opposed to an initial low fee followed by large increases, and the fact that we do not get sales calls from them. Highly recommend Heartland Payroll.
  • Personal service
  • No sales calls
  • Payroll fees are as promised
  • The payroll online platform is not the best
Heartland Payroll is well suited for small to medium businesses. As a small business owner, I find the personal service is a value add, which I appreciate and prefer. Since the online technology platform is not the fastest and best, I would imagine that it would be less suitable for large corporations.
Heartland Payroll has impeccable support, quick response time, and overall very personable interactions.