HelloSign Reviews

Lark Ismail profile photo
We use HelloSign as our main document signing tool in our business. Our primary use is for contracts with our clients or with independent contractors. We often work with clients out of state or out of the country and signing using traditional printed contracts would be very difficult. Even if a client is located near our office it is much more convenient for our records to use digital signatures. We are even able to use automation progress to automatically store copies for our records in the correct place every time. Our clients work in many different industries and aren't always comfortable with new technology. HelloSign is very intuitive and easy for our less technical clients to use.
  • Signatures on mobile phones or tablets
  • Integrations with Google drive and automation services
  • Ease of use to e-sign signatures quickly.
  • I don't think it makes sense to need an enterprise level plan for features like white labeling.
  • Although easy to use for signatures, I think the templates section has been so simplified it makes it harder to use the first few times.
  • I believe HelloSign has some information for industries that need extra protection, such as financial advisers, but it seems difficult to find now.
HelloSign is has a starting plan with a low monthly cost that is good for small businesses that sign contracts at least once a month. HelloSign has a great free plan for freelancers where you can get 3 free signatures a month. This is fantastic for those starting out and want to keep their costs down until their business grows and they can switch to the Pro plan for $13 a month (if paid annually).
Read Lark Ismail's full review
Joshua Long profile photo
HelloSign is used on all contracts as well as an alternative to signing tax documents to avoid the use of fax machines. The integration with Google Drive makes it that much easier to get things signed without having to export to a certain format.
  • The setup process is very quick for any document.
  • Being able to upload a scanned signature to use on documents is great.
  • Selecting which order to have a document signed is useful.
  • Being able to schedule reminders to have a document signed would be helpful.
I can't think of a scenario where HelloSign isn't an obvious solution over having to deal with physical signatures or the mailing of signed agreements back and forth. It really does everything you could hope for and saves so much time.
Read Joshua Long's full review
Ellen DiGiacomo profile photo
HelloSign is being used by HR, Finance, Facilities, and Technology. We use it within the organization to e-sign offer letters, personal action forms, etc. Externally we use it for contracts that require signing.
  • User Friendly
  • Good visual on flow of documents
  • Easy to set up
  • Right now it seems fine
For a quick and easy solution that is affordable; I think HelloSign works great. I wanted a solution that did not require a big commitment, was easy to implement, and had a reasonable monthly cost. I also was looking for something other than DocuSign which has such a large share of the market.
Read Ellen DiGiacomo's full review
The Sales and Customer Success teams use HelloSign to circulate order forms for signature, security documents, ESAs, etc. The program provides us with a simple and effective way to distribute documents for signature in a timely manner. We are also able to integrate the product with our Salesforce environment so that signed order forms are stored and linked to the specific account - helping us easily locate these documents in the future.
  • Add custom lines for signature/text fields within an order form
  • Email notifications to signers and senders - with copy of the current document and what steps are left
  • Integration with Salesforce for saving order form/signed contracts
  • Clear and easy identifiers for signature lines
  • If there are multiple signers, the email notifications can become overkill
  • Not a great deal of flexibility in editing the document once it has been sent
  • Users find the reassigning confusing. I personally do not but some of my recipients have flagged this.
Great for sending order forms for signature, contracts for signature, etc. In my current role, I distribute documents for electronic signature quiet often so I cannot really think of a use case where it is not appropriate (when a form needs to be filled out or a signature is required). One of my favorite parts is the ability to upload a previously signed document and then add a new line for an additional signature. A lot of times my customers will send over a document in PDF form with their signature, yet we still need someone on our end to sign it. It is very easy to go into HelloSign and add a new signature line so that our internal team can electronically sign the document.
We use HelloSign to easily manage confidentiality agreements as we prepare to launch new products. It is used across the whole organization. It provided the solution to our challenges around sending and editing documents that need to be extremely easy to create and extremely easy to capture signatures, so that we can then continue getting advice on our developing product.
  • The interface is beautiful.
  • It is highly intuitive both for creating signature fields and for the recipient, who needs to sign the document.
  • It is significantly cheaper than competitors.
  • It could always be even cheaper!
  • That's really the only thing. I don't have any real complaints about the product. It is a laser focused solution and I think it would lose some of its appeal if it added on other features.
It is a highly-focused solution. It is appropriate for capturing signatures on documents quickly. It does this extremely well, with a beautiful interface, at a lower price point than other competitors. Because it is so focused, this seems like an obvious question and I'm not sure how to answer it well.
We use it in the Customer Success department. We are sending out all of our very important documents to our customers via HelloSign. I believe there are a couple of other departments using this tool such HR, Billing and Sales. We used to have DocuSign but it was replaced with HelloSign more than a year ago.
  • Integrates with our CRM
  • Notifications (sometimes a bit too many notifications)
  • Seamless signing process experience.
  • Being able to edit the document that was sent. Example: If we need to change the signee etc.
I would recommend HelloSign to any small to medium businesses. It is a great way to get your documents sent/signed while they are secured. Prepping the documents is pretty straight forward which will not require any training/implementation hours internally to start using. I believe the pricing is good compared to other tools in fact they have a free version.
We currently use HelloSign to send out documents for signature to employees and external contacts, as well as use the Chrome extension to sign documents sent to us via email. It is currently being used by some of our management team but is not used by the entire company. We have an account that supports 10 licenses (7 or 8 of which we are currently using).
  • Create document templates for completion and signature.
  • Storage on HelloSign with the ability to download as needed.
  • Chrome extension that allows documents to be signed directly from emails.
  • More flexibility in the template creation platform.
  • Better functioning Chrome extension (it occasionally stops working).
HelloSign is great on a small scale and works well for a handful of employees. I have never looked into higher-level subscriptions, but I'm not sure I would stick with HelloSign if I was going to spend more money. It works well for sending out documents we use regularly like our NDA template and new hire paperwork or for one-off documents.
September 23, 2019

Sign Away!

We use HelloSign to send out documents that need to be signed by staff members. Our HR department uses it for all staff. Prior to HelloSign, we would have staff physically sign documents that needed signatures. It was a very time-consuming process and resulted in delays in getting documents processed. Now, HelloSign allows for quick and easy signing.
  • Very easy to learn how to send out documents to sign.
  • Very easy for staff to sign the documents, rarely do we get questions on that.
  • There are different fields to choose from when setting up the document to be sent out such as text, date, and signature. So, it can also be used as a form to be filled out (not just signature).
  • When a document needs to be changed after it has been sent out, you are not able to go into the existing signing invitation to change the document (even if the document hasn't been signed yet) so as a result, you need to cancel that invite and create a new one.
  • It would be helpful if it would identify which documents have been downloaded after they have been signed.
  • After sending out a document to be signed, it would be helpful to be able to change the signing authorities. For example, if I, first of all, designate "Joe Smith" to sign a field, but later learn that "Jack Smith" was supposed to sign, it would be nice if I could just change that without having to cancel and resend.
For any organization that has staff that works virtually, it is great to not have to get a physical copy signed but it is also helpful for those that work in the same building as it saves on paper. I don't think there are situations that it wouldn't be appropriate to use HelloSign.
Adaeze Ojeifo profile photo
HelloSign has presented my organization with a simpler, faster and cost-effective way to assign an official signature to documents. Convenience is a key part of using HelloSign as it can be used on the computer and there is on the go support via its mobile app.
  • HelloSign has a reliable notification system, which keeps me abreast of each action taken by all parties during the process of signing a document. This ensures I know when I am required to take action and put pressure on the necessary parties to take action on documents.
  • Data Security. HelloSign encrypts all data exchanged over the HelloSign platform, ensuring that sensitive data is safe from unauthorized third person access.
  • HelloSign integrates with a broad range of business tools used by organizations. In my own case, it integrates with Drive, which is the cloud storage platform used for securely saving files in my organization. Therefore, making it a simple process to backup signed documents in the cloud.
  • I would like to have customization control over the type of notifications I receive from HelloSign. I get too many notifications from this software vendor that I have sometimes missed important emails from them because I thought it was their usual marketing newsletters.
  • Obviously, HelloSign has been rejected by some of our clients as a legally binding way to sign documents. While this is a hurdle we encounter while using HelloSign, it is in no way the fault of HelloSign but rather a problem of accepting a newer way of doing things, which is a prevalent bottleneck in developing economies.
HelloSign is appropriate for all business processes that involves putting a signature on documents. It is, however, not legally binding in some developing countries where we have tried using HelloSign.
Read Adaeze Ojeifo's full review
I use HelloSign in my solo-preneur business. I use it to easily, efficiently, and safely have on-boarding contracts signed by my clients.
  • Makes editing and sending contracts very simple.
  • Allows my clients to securely and easily sign the contract needed to work with me.
  • Makes signing up to work with me hassle free- which means more sales :)
  • HelloSign could use some more formatting or design features that the user can control to make his or her document a little prettier.
  • It could be slightly more user-friendly, as sometimes the boxes are hard to move around.
  • I would like to see a few more options for editing the contract right in HelloSign.
I would say that HelloSign is perfect for someone who is in any position where a legally binding contract is needed to be signed by both parties before work can begin. I would recommend it for smaller businesses- I do think that if you have a very large business, there would be better options that are more entwined with other software and systems instead of being such a standalone product.
Yvette Montague profile photo
HelloSign is used to generate electronic NDAs and sales agreements that customers can review and sign online without having to download or print documents. It's used by the Sales organization for contracting.
  • It's really easy to create a contract or contract template. Simply upload your Word document and identify which areas each party should sign. The templates work great because you can modify and reuse standard contracts.
  • e-Signature is great. You can choose an e-signature or use your finger (or e-pen/stylus if your computer has one) to sign your signature. The signature can be saved and reused on future contracts.
  • The notifications are great. You get a notification once the other party has signed and everyone gets a notification with a copy of the contract once all required parties have signed the document. You don't have to worry about final distribution. It's great.
  • If you're low volume the free version of HelloSign allows you to send 3 documents per month.
  • I wish you could customize the sender address. I always send the HelloSign sender info in advance to prospects to whitelist before I send the contracts. I'm always worried that the emails will get caught in spam filters -- hasn't happened yet. It would be nice if I could set up some sort of email relay.
  • It would be nice to be able to set up folders to organize documents in HelloSign. My workaround is to store and organize the final signed documents elsewhere.
It's great for small businesses that don't require a sophisticated contract builder and want to get documents out fast for signature and back quickly. It's a stand-alone solution with the option to integrate with Salesforce if you purchase the highest-end custom solution.
Read Yvette Montague's full review
Cameron Aubernon profile photo
I use HelloSign mainly to sign W-9 tax forms sent to me by clients via email. I don't own a printer. I don't have stamps or envelopes. I also don't want to go out of my way to obtain these items, save and print the document at a FedEx Office, fill out and sign the W-9, stuff it in an envelope, stamp it up, and then head over to the post office to send it back to my client. Why do all that when I can simply fill out the form online, save it as a PDF, upload it to HelloSign, slap on my signature and the date, save that version to my laptop, and then email the completed document to my client.
  • The absolute best part is being able to use a signature that you scanned with your phone, then upload to your account.
  • The second best is being able to resize your perfect signature, especially when the signature line is super-short.
  • And of course, if you don't have a lot of things to sign, the free pages per month is pretty good to have.
  • I would like to have more free pages per month to sign. Ten would be great. I don't use HelloSign a lot, so I can't justify paying for a monthly plan.
  • The date entry is a bit touchy; something should be done to make it less so.
  • Since I sign in with my Google account, the login page sometimes won't let me sign in with said account. Not sure what the bug is there, but it needs to be squashed.
HelloSign is well-suited for documents which can be mostly completed online, such as tax forms and voter registration, and you don't want to go to the trouble of printing them out and mailing them, especially if time is of the essence. All you need to do is save a signature to HelloSign, slap it on to the document, download it, and email it to the proper parties.
Read Cameron Aubernon's full review
Brandon Zell profile photo
HelloSign is my go-to service for getting e-signatures on project contracts. As a freelancer, I need a e-signing solution that's easy for me to set up (uploading PDF contracts/proposals and designating the signature and date area), keeps me informed (lets me know when the document has been viewed, and then again once it's signed), and is easy for my clients to use (they're emailed a link which they can click on desktop or mobile to sign).
  • HelloSign's online dashboard for managing contracts is nicely designed. As a designer myself, I greatly appreciate services that have a great interface and are easy to use.
  • HelloSign's email notifications are perfect. As long as the document has been delivered to my client but hasn't been signed, I'll receive a daily email letting me know the document was sent out and is still waiting to be signed.
  • HelloSign adds a "Audit Trail" page to the final signed PDF. On it they list the dates and times when the document was sent, viewed, and signed (including the IP for each person performing the actions). Love this feature.
  • I've yet to run into an issue with HelloSign or find anything that's in need of improvement. For my basic e-signing needs, HelloSign is perfect.
If you need a signature from someone geographically distant from you, HelloSign is an excellent choice for getting that e-signature.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
Prikshit Sood profile photo
This software has proven to be the most convenient tool for making e-signatures easily. We are now able to make signatures through our mobile phones which means we don’t need to be present in the office all the time.
  • Makes digital signatures easily.
  • Provides document notifications.
  • Tracks, sends and receives signatures easily.
  • The trial version is limited to just 3 users at a time.
  • Sometimes emails sent with documents attached end up in the spam folder.
  • The stray clicks on the mouse end with incorrect placements of signatures in the document.
It is best suited for making digital signatures on multiple documents at a single time. Less appropriate when stray mouse clicks are made due to which signatures show up in incorrect places on a document.
Read Prikshit Sood's full review
Lisbeth Tanz profile photo
I am a one-person shop, so I guess you could say it's used across my whole organization! I love HelloSign because it makes signing contracts much easier. Before I found HelloSign, I'd have to ask clients to fax back contracts or send them via snail mail. HelloSign takes all the extra effort, time, and cost out of contracts!
  • Allows for a signing hierarchy--namely, I can decide who signs first, second, etc.
  • Allows labels to be added to text boxes to capture additional information such as business name, address, and phone number.
  • Keeps me updated as to my document's status. I know when a client looks at it and when a signing task is completed. Peace of mind!
  • Although I'm not using it currently, I like that I can create templates. That will be my next step with HelloSign.
  • It would be great if the editor could include lines to help with the placement of signing boxes, etc.
  • Allow for more than 3 free documents.
  • Provide a tier between free and $15 per month.
HelloSign is terrific for instances where others need to approve documents or (as in my case) sign contracts. The process is so simple to implement, the software is easy to use, and updates from HelloSign let you know where everyone stands. I have many clients comment on how much they liked the ease of use as well as their interest in using it for their own businesses.
Read Lisbeth Tanz's full review
Casey Armstrong profile photo
November 19, 2018

Signs. Things. Fast.

I use HelloSign all the time, whether I need to sign something or a group of people need to. It's the easiest of the esig tools to use and allows me to share or have others sign in seconds. My favorite part about it is that it does its job, it's not glitchy, and saves me time.
  • Saves me time
  • Gets the job done
  • Can't really think of anything
If you need to sign something quickly or get a group to painlessly sign something (like a contract you've been working on for months!), just use HelloSign. Very easy to get things prepared for others to execute in a few clicks too a.k.a. making it easy on everybody else, which so many people don't think about.
Read Casey Armstrong's full review
We use HelloSign for students returning important documentation pertinent to their enrollment. Enrollees are sent a link to a set of HelloSign documents that must be completed in order to complete the registration for their specific courses.
  • Intuitive for even the novice to use
  • Works across browsers
  • No login required for signees.
  • Really no complaints, works great.
Perfect for any business that needs to have customers or clients sign forms electronically with little to no hassle.
Sarah Nelson profile photo
We use HelloSign within every facet of our company. Our sales floor uses HelloSign to send agreements to new customers and our customer service department uses HelloSign to retrieve contact information and send contracts upon request to existing customers. HelloSign makes it easy for us to receive signed agreements from new customers without needing to have them mailed.
  • The best part of HelloSign is that it integrates with our CRM. We are able to have the system auto-populate fields in the contract, based on what is written in their file.
  • HelloSign is particularly easy to use compared to other document signing services. Clients rarely have a hard time figuring out how to sign the agreement. And they also have the option to type in their name, rather than try a signature.
  • I like the ability to store different contract templates. It makes it extremely easy for us to send contracts for different services without needing to re-write on the spot.
  • When you first sign in to HelloSign, it automatically has you on a view of *only* the agreements that *you* sent. It can get frustrating since most of the time, I need to view contracts sent by other people. Not just myself. I think it would be smarter to start on the *all* section, rather than the person section. Considering your personal contracts will appear in search as well. But, obviously, this is an extremely nitpicky complaint.
  • There have been a few times when the integration has gone down. I would say that within the last year of using HelloSign, our integration with our CRM has crashed three times. Which may not seem like a lot. But it pretty much puts our sales floor offline.
  • When we first signed up for HelloSign, the contracts would import a copy directly into their file in our CRM. Unfortunately, due to safety precautions, this benefit has gone away. I would hope that maybe someday this could return because it was extremely helpful.
HelloSign is perfect for any agency that conducts business via telephone or email. In today's marketplace, not many B2B services are conducted face-to-face. HelloSign makes it easy to lock in agreements with new customers without needing to teach them how to use a computer. I would definitely recommend using HelloSign for your document signing purposes.
Read Sarah Nelson's full review
Danielle Uhl profile photo
I use HelloSign for my client contracts and releases for my photography business. It makes it so easy for my clients and I to read and legally e-sign the agreement, and makes my processes so much more efficient. Worth every penny!
  • Easy to use software
  • Upload and prepare documents for signing, dating, initials, etc.
  • I LOVE that HelloSign automatically directs the process flow of who needs to sign, flows to the next person, and sends the signed contract via email immediately after it is complete.
  • I wish I could create email templates since I send the same info in the message when sending the contract
I love HelloSign for my contracts, agreements, and releases in my photography business. Makes it so simple for me and my clients to go through this process!
Read Danielle Uhl's full review
Matthew Lundh profile photo
We use HelloSign to send, execute and archive documents both internally and externally. We use it to send contracts and agreements to customers as well as for on-boarding documents for employees and vendors. It replaced a more costly and cumbersome software package that we had previously used.
  • HelloSign has an easy to use UI.
  • The process for sending and signing documents is quick and easy.
  • Their pricing model for infrequent users can't be beat!
  • Their new user tutorials could use improvement.
HelloSign is well suited for most applications where simple document signing is needed. It's probably not as well suited for enterprise applications.
Read Matthew Lundh's full review
Melantha K. Paige, CPA, MBA profile photo
I use HelloSign in my tax and accounting practice. It has made signing contracts, tax forms, and other documents a breeze. My clients love it because they don't have to make unnecessary visits to the office. HelloSign is one of my favorite systems to use in my practice.
  • Easy sharing of documents for review and signature.
  • Clients receive finalized signed documents via email.
  • Notifications so that we know the status of each document out for signature.
  • I'd like to see functionality around IRS requirements for signing electronic forms.
HelloSign allows my clients to review contracts on their own time before signing. They also don't have to visit the office as many times.
Read Melantha K. Paige, CPA, MBA's full review
Megan Ronecker profile photo
I'm a freelance graphic designer and I use HelloSign when sending contracts to my clients. It helps me get a quick e-signature so I can start our project (I require a contract to be signed before work begins) and is easy to both upload on my end and to sign for my client.
  • Easy to Upload Contracts
  • Easy for Clients to Sign
  • Quick Process
  • Provides easy "paper" trail for myself and my client
  • Inexpensive - you can do their free plan if you only need less than 3 contracts a month! (Or if you just want to try it out first)
  • I do wish that it was easier to edit/add text to an existing PDF I've uploaded as a template. As a graphic designer, I like having a well designed contract and it was hard to keep a good design and use their interface to create a template for my contracts. I just create my contracts in my own software and upload as a PDF, but it does create an extra step. Not a deal breaker though!
  • On the free plan, even cancelled contracts (ones that aren't ever signed) count towards your 3 free contracts per month. So if your client needs a change in contract and you have to re-upload, that still counts as 2 contracts used.
As a freelancer, HelloSign is perfect for me. If you need an inexpensive, easy to use interface to send and sign contracts to clients, HelloSign is great! Especially if you don't send out more than 3 contracts per month and you can use the free plan. If you send out more, the monthly cost is still fairly inexpensive.

I suppose the only scenario in which HelloSign wouldn't work for you is if you want a system that's more robust...like an interface that includes project management, invoicing, contract signing, etc. This doesn't include all of those features, just contract signing.
Read Megan Ronecker's full review
Christopher Dulin profile photo
We use HelloSign to acquire signatures on tax form 8879, which is currently the only form for which IRS will allow an electronic signature. That form gives us permission to e-file the return for the client. That is currently the only way we use HelloSign. We have a separate product called Practice Ignition for engagement letters and automated billing, and that system has an e-signature function for the engagement letters.
  • Ease of use. The user interface is intuitive, and I have never had to train any of my staff on how to use.
  • Emailing of completed signed documents. I like that this is automated, and it makes for easy delivery of a completed tax return.
  • Automated reminders to sign. It works behind the scenes so I don't have to send reminder emails myself.
  • Occasionally, the placement of the signature on the document does not "take" -- usually resulting in a signature appearing in a weird location on the final document.
HelloSign does exactly what DocuSign does at a fraction of the price. It's a no-brainer.
Read Christopher Dulin's full review
Linda Day Harrison, Connecting Commercial Real Estate profile photo
For signing all contracts and for filling out forms or annotating documents.
  • Integration with Gmail.
  • Fast.
  • Flexible.
  • Sometimes Gmail/Google does not connect to the application. I am not really sure if it is a hiccup with Google or what causes it, but sometimes it just seems like the connection is down. In those cases I have to go to HelloSign outside of the extension.
  • I cannot think of anything else that has been an issue for me. I love HelloSign.
Anytime you have forms to complete, HelloSign is great. I just upload the form and fill it out, whether I need it to be signed or not. That is my own way of using it, but for contracts or any agreements that come to me in Gmail it is amazing. I just click the sign button and the application launches and the document is signed and returned effortlessly. Just like all technology, if you are using software with people who are not tech savvy, there are always problems, but you have to fight through it. That is just how it is. So using a product with people who do not understand it, is always trying. Other than that, I cannot think of anything else.
Read Linda Day Harrison, Connecting Commercial Real Estate's full review
Kay Phillips profile photo
As a Real Estate agent, I have tons of contracts, listing agreements, disclosures, amendments, etc., to get signed on a daily basis. HelloSign is amazingly easy to use for my clients...very user-friendly. What a HUGE time saver as well.
  • Very user friendly, even more the less computer sophisticated client
  • Communication while the document is out
  • Reminders
  • I think it would be nice if we can just easily mark which fields require initials or signatures and then HelloSign fills in the box. Right now it is drag and drop for each one.
  • I have to have disclosures filled out and they are "yes, " "no," or "maybe" answers. Right now I can't have my clients fill it out because it is a multiple choice answer for them to complete. If I use HelloSign, I can't use it to get these completed since I have to drag/drop checkmark boxes. I need the ability for them to choose which box they want to check.
  • Real estate contracts, listing agreements, amendments, etc.
  • Less appropriate, anything that requires someone to check responses that have 2 or more answers.
Read Kay Phillips's full review

About HelloSign

HelloSign is an electronic signature software offering acquired by Dropbox in early 2019. It includes features such as customization for businesses of any size and bank-level security.