Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of HelloSign, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
HelloSign is an electronic signature software offering acquired by Dropbox in early 2019. HelloSign was originally created by HelloFax, an online service for sending and receiving faxes and filling out forms from a computer.
HelloSign includes features such as customization and collaboration tools for businesses of any size and bank-level security. With HelloSign, one can share templates and signed documents with the team, other internal departments, and outside counsel.
- Electronic signatures.
- Digital signings.
- Contract recipient identity verification.
- For me , Hellosign perfectly meets all of our e-signature and digital signing needs.
- Can use templates
- Can get multiple signatures on a document
- The UX could be improved
- Starting a trial
- Will not notify you once your trial evolves into a paid product
- Will charge you for automation via API
- Integration with Dropbox
- Dropbox features
- Storage in Dropbox
- [In my experience] terrible purchase experience
- Horrible customer service
- Chat and ticket based support leaves a lot of room for improvement
Basically, HelloSign is always a perfect alternative for any process wherein a physical signature is needed.
- Mobile-friendly - All contractual documents we create with HelloSign are always mobile-friendly. This mobile-friendly approach of HelloSign ensures that our target audience can access documents we share with them from the comfort of their mobile phones.
- Reporting - HelloSign provides me with insightful metrics into the activity of people we send documents to. As an example, HelloSign provides important information such as the time when a document was signed, the IP address of the user, etc.
- The above are important information for compliance reasons.
- Notifications - HelloSign provides me prompt notification via email immediately [when] a document recipient appends their signature on documents I share with them. This ensures the entire signature signing process doesn’t face avoidable delays.
- The need for integrations with more third-party applications, than currently covered. I wouldn’t know if I am allowed to mention the name of software tools I think HelloSign should currently be integrating with.
- HelloSign has influenced our work in a very technical way. I feel more comfortable in carrying out my most important tasks with this tool as it has saved my time and help me to get rid of the unnecessary manual work.
- This tool has removed the obstacles that were related to excessive meetings and then coming on a certain note with the customer and gain went back to the client for the detailed paperwork.
- It has facilitated us to close the deals at the time of the commitment with the clients. I am happy to be its satisfied customer.
- This is not an appropriate tool for keeping a record of documents because many times I feel lost in searching. A proper way should be crafting for it like all the client's names should be arranged in alphabetical order and shortcuts should be available too for the easy access to the client’s information at the eleventh hour.
- It lacks the option for accessing exact information at the time of need.
- It helps with sending document[s] to people.
- User-friendly platform.
- Cost effective.
- The mobile app looks [not] easy to use.
- HelloSign should have integrations with external software/system.
- Easy to Use
- It helps with sending agreements to potential customers
- It helps with sending contracts to potential customers
- the user interface is straightforward and simple
- It has room for improvement in terms of editing templates
- It is not the best at organizing documents
- HelloSign does not have the most robust integrations
- Value for money is hard to beat.
- Portfolio of products allows for advanced integrations and implementations.
- Product failed and is now unusable.
- Customer support extremely slow (1 message per day).
- Admin panel UX didn't change in 3 years; some parts are not intuitive.
When we first starting using HelloSign, it met our needs perfectly. It is a fairly straightforward, lightweight e-signature platform. The system has expanded since we first subscribed, and now features a much broader range of development tools.
Our needs have remained modest, and up until the product completely failed recently, it handled all our contract signatures.
Ultimately, the most compelling part of HelloSign for us is the value for money, as unlike its main competitor, you can have 5 users for one base price that is 1/5 the cost of the alternative. For early stage or startup firms, that is a big plus.
Here is the heart of my low score: the product recently stopped working and we have now been struggling for a week to fix our contracts. In summary, contracts froze in the browser while being signed, and then we had trouble editing the templates, and then we couldn't delete the templates, and then I sent out a template that had been created 2 years ago, and there were multiple copies attached!
You use e-signature software to, no surprise, get signatures on agreements. Most often, these are binding legal agreements, so having robust and 'enterprise-grade' software is absolutely critical in my opinion.
When a product like this fails, it creates significant operational issues. When the e-signature process froze the browse, it reflected poorly on our organization. I would have thought that support would have been a bit more attentive, but instead, I have now spent a week trying to get some concrete direction on fixing the problems (multiple serious issues). Support consists of 1 email daily, and has consisted largely of me trying to send video screencaptures, and then a long back and forth to verify my email. In summary, it has been extremely frustrating, and we have been in limbo without our e-signature service available.
The other issue, which is a true edge case situation, is their insistence on receiving email from the same email account as the HelloSign registration. We changed our organizational email recently, and I was still logging into HS using our old email address. This became a hard stop on further support, which doesn't make sense on a practical level. Why would someone write in for support with specific issues if they weren't a customer? And if they did, wouldn't that be a miniscule proportion of the support requests? So if you adopt a policy that stops providing support to anyone who isn't verified, regardless of the situation, isn't that using a blunt instrument to solve a very rare issue?
Reflects the overall organizational values, in my opinion, which is not to value the small customer.
- Customized contracts--add your verbiage, along with fields that need to be completed by the signer
- Cost effective
- It would be helpful if HelloSign had integrations with a payment processing program (like Square or Stripe), so payments could be collected at the time of contract signing.
- Hellosign is relatively simple to create a document for signing
- Hellosign documents are easy to navigate and sign
- Hellosign could have more integrations
- Would be great to have Salesforce integration where you could attach it to an opportunity/account
- Reducing paper consumption.
- Legally binding documents, so there's no legal grey area.
- Their mobile app isn't easy to use.
It has overall sped up the process of signing contracts between my organisation and our customers.
- Notification: I love how quickly I receive notifications when a customer appends a contractual document I send them.
- Ease of use: HelloSign is very intuitive and this was very handy in my early days of using this program as a beginner, and it has also helped our customers too.
- The HelloSign application on iPad is very counter-intuitive. In truth, I have never been able to make my way around it.
- Acceptability amongst our customers is also a major issue, as there are still a few partner customers who have reservations about signing contracts digitally rather than physically.
HelloSign has served my company well internally. It has assisted the human resource department in my organisation to quickly get employees to append their signatures on important documentation.
- Secure Signatures
- Security with making sure only the right person opens it
- The interface is beautiful.
- It is highly intuitive both for creating signature fields and for the recipient, who needs to sign the document.
- It is significantly cheaper than competitors.
- It could always be even cheaper!
- That's really the only thing. I don't have any real complaints about the product. It is a laser focused solution and I think it would lose some of its appeal if it added on other features.
- Add custom lines for signature/text fields within an order form
- Email notifications to signers and senders - with copy of the current document and what steps are left
- Integration with Salesforce for saving order form/signed contracts
- Clear and easy identifiers for signature lines
- If there are multiple signers, the email notifications can become overkill
- Not a great deal of flexibility in editing the document once it has been sent
- Users find the reassigning confusing. I personally do not but some of my recipients have flagged this.
- Integrates with our CRM
- Notifications (sometimes a bit too many notifications)
- Seamless signing process experience.
- Being able to edit the document that was sent. Example: If we need to change the signee etc.
- Create document templates for completion and signature.
- Storage on HelloSign with the ability to download as needed.
- Chrome extension that allows documents to be signed directly from emails.
- More flexibility in the template creation platform.
- Better functioning Chrome extension (it occasionally stops working).
- Signatures on mobile phones or tablets
- Integrations with Google drive and automation services
- Ease of use to e-sign signatures quickly.
- I don't think it makes sense to need an enterprise level plan for features like white labeling.
- Although easy to use for signatures, I think the templates section has been so simplified it makes it harder to use the first few times.
- I believe HelloSign has some information for industries that need extra protection, such as financial advisers, but it seems difficult to find now.
- The setup process is very quick for any document.
- Being able to upload a scanned signature to use on documents is great.
- Selecting which order to have a document signed is useful.
- Being able to schedule reminders to have a document signed would be helpful.
- User Friendly
- Good visual on flow of documents
- Easy to set up
- Right now it seems fine
- Very easy to learn how to send out documents to sign.
- Very easy for staff to sign the documents, rarely do we get questions on that.
- There are different fields to choose from when setting up the document to be sent out such as text, date, and signature. So, it can also be used as a form to be filled out (not just signature).
- When a document needs to be changed after it has been sent out, you are not able to go into the existing signing invitation to change the document (even if the document hasn't been signed yet) so as a result, you need to cancel that invite and create a new one.
- It would be helpful if it would identify which documents have been downloaded after they have been signed.
- After sending out a document to be signed, it would be helpful to be able to change the signing authorities. For example, if I, first of all, designate "Joe Smith" to sign a field, but later learn that "Jack Smith" was supposed to sign, it would be nice if I could just change that without having to cancel and resend.
- Makes editing and sending contracts very simple.
- Allows my clients to securely and easily sign the contract needed to work with me.
- Makes signing up to work with me hassle free- which means more sales :)
- HelloSign could use some more formatting or design features that the user can control to make his or her document a little prettier.
- It could be slightly more user-friendly, as sometimes the boxes are hard to move around.
- I would like to see a few more options for editing the contract right in HelloSign.
- HelloSign has a reliable notification system, which keeps me abreast of each action taken by all parties during the process of signing a document. This ensures I know when I am required to take action and put pressure on the necessary parties to take action on documents.
- Data Security. HelloSign encrypts all data exchanged over the HelloSign platform, ensuring that sensitive data is safe from unauthorized third person access.
- HelloSign integrates with a broad range of business tools used by organizations. In my own case, it integrates with Drive, which is the cloud storage platform used for securely saving files in my organization. Therefore, making it a simple process to backup signed documents in the cloud.
- I would like to have customization control over the type of notifications I receive from HelloSign. I get too many notifications from this software vendor that I have sometimes missed important emails from them because I thought it was their usual marketing newsletters.
- Obviously, HelloSign has been rejected by some of our clients as a legally binding way to sign documents. While this is a hurdle we encounter while using HelloSign, it is in no way the fault of HelloSign but rather a problem of accepting a newer way of doing things, which is a prevalent bottleneck in developing economies.