HelloSign is an electronic signature software offering. It includes features such as customization for businesses of any size and bank-level security.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/eH/SA/RQD1AWR2IFJ2.JPEGSuper Affordable eSign Contract SolutionHelloSign is used to generate electronic NDAs and sales agreements that customers can review and sign online without having to download or print documents. It's used by the Sales organization for contracting.,It's really easy to create a contract or contract template. Simply upload your Word document and identify which areas each party should sign. The templates work great because you can modify and reuse standard contracts. e-Signature is great. You can choose an e-signature or use your finger (or e-pen/stylus if your computer has one) to sign your signature. The signature can be saved and reused on future contracts. The notifications are great. You get a notification once the other party has signed and everyone gets a notification with a copy of the contract once all required parties have signed the document. You don't have to worry about final distribution. It's great. If you're low volume the free version of HelloSign allows you to send 3 documents per month.,I wish you could customize the sender address. I always send the HelloSign sender info in advance to prospects to whitelist before I send the contracts. I'm always worried that the emails will get caught in spam filters -- hasn't happened yet. It would be nice if I could set up some sort of email relay. It would be nice to be able to set up folders to organize documents in HelloSign. My workaround is to store and organize the final signed documents elsewhere.,10,I have the version that isn't integrated to Salesforce (cannot access while in an Opportunity to send) but I do use Gmail integration. I just attach the email with the document to the opportunity via Gmail for Lightning. No extra work since I'm logging the email anyway. It saves a ton of time re: attaching documents to the right records without having to be Salesforce.,DocuSignHelloSign: Say Hello to Online Signatures, Goodbye to Unnecessary PrintingI use HelloSign mainly to sign W-9 tax forms sent to me by clients via email. I don't own a printer. I don't have stamps or envelopes. I also don't want to go out of my way to obtain these items, save and print the document at a FedEx Office, fill out and sign the W-9, stuff it in an envelope, stamp it up, and then head over to the post office to send it back to my client. Why do all that when I can simply fill out the form online, save it as a PDF, upload it to HelloSign, slap on my signature and the date, save that version to my laptop, and then email the completed document to my client.,The absolute best part is being able to use a signature that you scanned with your phone, then upload to your account. The second best is being able to resize your perfect signature, especially when the signature line is super-short. And of course, if you don't have a lot of things to sign, the free pages per month is pretty good to have.,I would like to have more free pages per month to sign. Ten would be great. I don't use HelloSign a lot, so I can't justify paying for a monthly plan. The date entry is a bit touchy; something should be done to make it less so. Since I sign in with my Google account, the login page sometimes won't let me sign in with said account. Not sure what the bug is there, but it needs to be squashed.,10,Speediness and ease of use is the greatest ROI I've received since signing up for HelloSign. By keeping things online from email to email with HelloSign, I haven't had to go buy a printer, ink cartridges, or paper in the past few years. Because I also don't use it often enough to obtain a paid plan, I've saved around $100/year in supplies, maintenance, et al.,WordPress, Google Domains, UberConferenceHelloSign is Perfect for FreelancersHelloSign is my go-to service for getting e-signatures on project contracts. As a freelancer, I need a e-signing solution that's easy for me to set up (uploading PDF contracts/proposals and designating the signature and date area), keeps me informed (lets me know when the document has been viewed, and then again once it's signed), and is easy for my clients to use (they're emailed a link which they can click on desktop or mobile to sign).,HelloSign's online dashboard for managing contracts is nicely designed. As a designer myself, I greatly appreciate services that have a great interface and are easy to use. HelloSign's email notifications are perfect. As long as the document has been delivered to my client but hasn't been signed, I'll receive a daily email letting me know the document was sent out and is still waiting to be signed. HelloSign adds a "Audit Trail" page to the final signed PDF. On it they list the dates and times when the document was sent, viewed, and signed (including the IP for each person performing the actions). Love this feature.,I've yet to run into an issue with HelloSign or find anything that's in need of improvement. For my basic e-signing needs, HelloSign is perfect.,10,Using HelloSign means I don't have to give much thought to getting an e-signature from my clients. It requires a minimal amount of my time and doesn't introduce any stress.,DocuSign,Dropbox, Namecheap, PayPal PaymentsHelloSign Makes My Life Easier!I am a one-person shop, so I guess you could say it's used across my whole organization! I love HelloSign because it makes signing contracts much easier. Before I found HelloSign, I'd have to ask clients to fax back contracts or send them via snail mail. HelloSign takes all the extra effort, time, and cost out of contracts!,Allows for a signing hierarchy--namely, I can decide who signs first, second, etc. Allows labels to be added to text boxes to capture additional information such as business name, address, and phone number. Keeps me updated as to my document's status. I know when a client looks at it and when a signing task is completed. Peace of mind! Although I'm not using it currently, I like that I can create templates. That will be my next step with HelloSign.,It would be great if the editor could include lines to help with the placement of signing boxes, etc. Allow for more than 3 free documents. Provide a tier between free and $15 per month.,10,Positive: Streamlines the contract-signing process, which saves me time and energy! Positive: Clients appreciate the ease of use and the security of their confidential documents. Positive: If I misplace a signed document email, I can retrieve the document on HelloSign's site.,Basecamp, Dropbox, Google Analytics, Google Forms, Canva, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, WordPressSigns. Things. Fast.I use HelloSign all the time, whether I need to sign something or a group of people need to. It's the easiest of the esig tools to use and allows me to share or have others sign in seconds. My favorite part about it is that it does its job, it's not glitchy, and saves me time.,Easy to use Saves me time Gets the job done,Can't really think of anything,10,Saves time Get contracts executed faster,DocuSign and SignNow
HelloSign

HelloSign Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

HelloSign
Filter 43 vetted HelloSign reviews and ratings
Yvette Montague profile photo
December 02, 2018

HelloSign Review: "Super Affordable eSign Contract Solution"

• It's really easy to create a contract or contract template. Simply upload your Word document and identify which areas each party should sign. The templates work great because you can modify and reuse standard contracts.
  • e-Signature is great. You can choose an e-signature or use your finger (or e-pen/stylus if your computer has one) to sign your signature. The signature can be saved and reused on future contracts.
  • The notifications are great. You get a notification once the other party has signed and everyone gets a notification with a copy of the contract once all required parties have signed the document. You don't have to worry about final distribution. It's great.
  • If you're low volume the free version of HelloSign allows you to send 3 documents per month.
  • I wish you could customize the sender address. I always send the HelloSign sender info in advance to prospects to whitelist before I send the contracts. I'm always worried that the emails will get caught in spam filters -- hasn't happened yet. It would be nice if I could set up some sort of email relay.
  • It would be nice to be able to set up folders to organize documents in HelloSign. My workaround is to store and organize the final signed documents elsewhere.
It's great for small businesses that don't require a sophisticated contract builder and want to get documents out fast for signature and back quickly. It's a stand-alone solution with the option to integrate with Salesforce if you purchase the highest-end custom solution.
Read Yvette Montague's full review
Cameron Aubernon profile photo
July 30, 2018

Review: "HelloSign: Say Hello to Online Signatures, Goodbye to Unnecessary Printing"

• The absolute best part is being able to use a signature that you scanned with your phone, then upload to your account.
  • The second best is being able to resize your perfect signature, especially when the signature line is super-short.
  • And of course, if you don't have a lot of things to sign, the free pages per month is pretty good to have.
  • I would like to have more free pages per month to sign. Ten would be great. I don't use HelloSign a lot, so I can't justify paying for a monthly plan.
  • The date entry is a bit touchy; something should be done to make it less so.
  • Since I sign in with my Google account, the login page sometimes won't let me sign in with said account. Not sure what the bug is there, but it needs to be squashed.
HelloSign is well-suited for documents which can be mostly completed online, such as tax forms and voter registration, and you don't want to go to the trouble of printing them out and mailing them, especially if time is of the essence. All you need to do is save a signature to HelloSign, slap it on to the document, download it, and email it to the proper parties.
Read Cameron Aubernon's full review
Brandon Zell profile photo
July 23, 2018

User Review: "HelloSign is Perfect for Freelancers"

• HelloSign's online dashboard for managing contracts is nicely designed. As a designer myself, I greatly appreciate services that have a great interface and are easy to use.
  • HelloSign's email notifications are perfect. As long as the document has been delivered to my client but hasn't been signed, I'll receive a daily email letting me know the document was sent out and is still waiting to be signed.
  • HelloSign adds a "Audit Trail" page to the final signed PDF. On it they list the dates and times when the document was sent, viewed, and signed (including the IP for each person performing the actions). Love this feature.
  • I've yet to run into an issue with HelloSign or find anything that's in need of improvement. For my basic e-signing needs, HelloSign is perfect.
If you need a signature from someone geographically distant from you, HelloSign is an excellent choice for getting that e-signature.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
Lisbeth Tanz profile photo
August 07, 2018

User Review: "HelloSign Makes My Life Easier!"

• Allows for a signing hierarchy--namely, I can decide who signs first, second, etc.
  • Allows labels to be added to text boxes to capture additional information such as business name, address, and phone number.
  • Keeps me updated as to my document's status. I know when a client looks at it and when a signing task is completed. Peace of mind!
  • Although I'm not using it currently, I like that I can create templates. That will be my next step with HelloSign.
  • It would be great if the editor could include lines to help with the placement of signing boxes, etc.
  • Allow for more than 3 free documents.
  • Provide a tier between free and $15 per month.
HelloSign is terrific for instances where others need to approve documents or (as in my case) sign contracts. The process is so simple to implement, the software is easy to use, and updates from HelloSign let you know where everyone stands. I have many clients comment on how much they liked the ease of use as well as their interest in using it for their own businesses.
Read Lisbeth Tanz's full review
Casey Armstrong profile photo
November 19, 2018

HelloSign Review: "Signs. Things. Fast."

• Saves me time
  • Gets the job done
  • Can't really think of anything
If you need to sign something quickly or get a group to painlessly sign something (like a contract you've been working on for months!), just use HelloSign. Very easy to get things prepared for others to execute in a few clicks too a.k.a. making it easy on everybody else, which so many people don't think about.
Read Casey Armstrong's full review
Danielle Uhl profile photo
July 19, 2018

User Review: "ROI and peace of mind with HelloSign"

I use HelloSign for my client contracts and releases for my photography business. It makes it so easy for my clients and I to read and legally e-sign the agreement, and makes my processes so much more efficient. Worth every penny!
  • Easy to use software
  • Upload and prepare documents for signing, dating, initials, etc.
  • I LOVE that HelloSign automatically directs the process flow of who needs to sign, flows to the next person, and sends the signed contract via email immediately after it is complete.
  • I wish I could create email templates since I send the same info in the message when sending the contract
I love HelloSign for my contracts, agreements, and releases in my photography business. Makes it so simple for me and my clients to go through this process!
Read Danielle Uhl's full review
Matthew Lundh profile photo
July 19, 2018

Review: "HelloSign is a great choice for the occasional sender!"

We use HelloSign to send, execute and archive documents both internally and externally. We use it to send contracts and agreements to customers as well as for on-boarding documents for employees and vendors. It replaced a more costly and cumbersome software package that we had previously used.
  • HelloSign has an easy to use UI.
  • The process for sending and signing documents is quick and easy.
  • Their pricing model for infrequent users can't be beat!
  • Their new user tutorials could use improvement.
HelloSign is well suited for most applications where simple document signing is needed. It's probably not as well suited for enterprise applications.
Read Matthew Lundh's full review
Melantha K. Paige, CPA, MBA profile photo
July 17, 2018

HelloSign Review: "Quick, Easy, Reliable"

I use HelloSign in my tax and accounting practice. It has made signing contracts, tax forms, and other documents a breeze. My clients love it because they don't have to make unnecessary visits to the office. HelloSign is one of my favorite systems to use in my practice.
  • Easy sharing of documents for review and signature.
  • Clients receive finalized signed documents via email.
  • Notifications so that we know the status of each document out for signature.
  • I'd like to see functionality around IRS requirements for signing electronic forms.
HelloSign allows my clients to review contracts on their own time before signing. They also don't have to visit the office as many times.
Read Melantha K. Paige, CPA, MBA's full review
Megan Ronecker profile photo
July 13, 2018

HelloSign Review: "Easy Contract Signature Software!"

I'm a freelance graphic designer and I use HelloSign when sending contracts to my clients. It helps me get a quick e-signature so I can start our project (I require a contract to be signed before work begins) and is easy to both upload on my end and to sign for my client.
  • Easy to Upload Contracts
  • Easy for Clients to Sign
  • Quick Process
  • Provides easy "paper" trail for myself and my client
  • Inexpensive - you can do their free plan if you only need less than 3 contracts a month! (Or if you just want to try it out first)
  • I do wish that it was easier to edit/add text to an existing PDF I've uploaded as a template. As a graphic designer, I like having a well designed contract and it was hard to keep a good design and use their interface to create a template for my contracts. I just create my contracts in my own software and upload as a PDF, but it does create an extra step. Not a deal breaker though!
  • On the free plan, even cancelled contracts (ones that aren't ever signed) count towards your 3 free contracts per month. So if your client needs a change in contract and you have to re-upload, that still counts as 2 contracts used.
As a freelancer, HelloSign is perfect for me. If you need an inexpensive, easy to use interface to send and sign contracts to clients, HelloSign is great! Especially if you don't send out more than 3 contracts per month and you can use the free plan. If you send out more, the monthly cost is still fairly inexpensive.

I suppose the only scenario in which HelloSign wouldn't work for you is if you want a system that's more robust...like an interface that includes project management, invoicing, contract signing, etc. This doesn't include all of those features, just contract signing.
Read Megan Ronecker's full review
Christopher Dulin profile photo
July 12, 2018

HelloSign Review: "Hands Down the Best E-Signature Product for the Money"

We use HelloSign to acquire signatures on tax form 8879, which is currently the only form for which IRS will allow an electronic signature. That form gives us permission to e-file the return for the client. That is currently the only way we use HelloSign. We have a separate product called Practice Ignition for engagement letters and automated billing, and that system has an e-signature function for the engagement letters.
  • Ease of use. The user interface is intuitive, and I have never had to train any of my staff on how to use.
  • Emailing of completed signed documents. I like that this is automated, and it makes for easy delivery of a completed tax return.
  • Automated reminders to sign. It works behind the scenes so I don't have to send reminder emails myself.
  • Occasionally, the placement of the signature on the document does not "take" -- usually resulting in a signature appearing in a weird location on the final document.
HelloSign does exactly what DocuSign does at a fraction of the price. It's a no-brainer.
Read Christopher Dulin's full review
Linda Day Harrison, Connecting Commercial Real Estate profile photo
July 10, 2018

Review: "HelloSign is one of my Most Important "Go To" Tools"

For signing all contracts and for filling out forms or annotating documents.
  • Integration with Gmail.
  • Fast.
  • Flexible.
  • Sometimes Gmail/Google does not connect to the application. I am not really sure if it is a hiccup with Google or what causes it, but sometimes it just seems like the connection is down. In those cases I have to go to HelloSign outside of the extension.
  • I cannot think of anything else that has been an issue for me. I love HelloSign.
Anytime you have forms to complete, HelloSign is great. I just upload the form and fill it out, whether I need it to be signed or not. That is my own way of using it, but for contracts or any agreements that come to me in Gmail it is amazing. I just click the sign button and the application launches and the document is signed and returned effortlessly. Just like all technology, if you are using software with people who are not tech savvy, there are always problems, but you have to fight through it. That is just how it is. So using a product with people who do not understand it, is always trying. Other than that, I cannot think of anything else.
Read Linda Day Harrison, Connecting Commercial Real Estate's full review
Kay Phillips profile photo
July 10, 2018

Review: "HelloSign is a LIFE, TIME & MONEY saver!!!!!"

As a Real Estate agent, I have tons of contracts, listing agreements, disclosures, amendments, etc., to get signed on a daily basis. HelloSign is amazingly easy to use for my clients...very user-friendly. What a HUGE time saver as well.
  • Very user friendly, even more the less computer sophisticated client
  • Communication while the document is out
  • Reminders
  • I think it would be nice if we can just easily mark which fields require initials or signatures and then HelloSign fills in the box. Right now it is drag and drop for each one.
  • I have to have disclosures filled out and they are "yes, " "no," or "maybe" answers. Right now I can't have my clients fill it out because it is a multiple choice answer for them to complete. If I use HelloSign, I can't use it to get these completed since I have to drag/drop checkmark boxes. I need the ability for them to choose which box they want to check.
  • Real estate contracts, listing agreements, amendments, etc.
  • Less appropriate, anything that requires someone to check responses that have 2 or more answers.
Read Kay Phillips's full review
Bryan Buford profile photo
July 10, 2018

Review: "HelloSign is a perfect solution for our needs"

We use HelloSign to finalize the execution of a wide variety of documents for both customers and employees. This includes everything from declarations to contracts. We additionally use it to complete documents due to external partners as well.
  • Allows for multiple users
  • Simple and easy setup for uploading and preparing documents
  • Easy to use template features speeds up repetitive processes
  • I genuinely can't think of any. Every function works great.
If you work with people in other offices or cities, it is invaluable. The likelihood and speed with which we get back signed documents by using HelloSign as opposed to the traditional print, sign, and scan is incredible. We couldn't survive without it.
Read Bryan Buford's full review
Amanda Gordon profile photo
July 10, 2018

Review: "HelloSign is a great addition to my work flow"

HelloSign is used to sign contracts such as fee agreements and court documents/pleadings. I use HelloSign daily to work with my clients to provide an efficient and cost-effective solution to getting legal documents completed. HelloSign is perfect for my small law practice as it sends a finalized version of the contract for services to clients after they sign, making sure everyone has a copy of the document. I find their mobile and desktop interface to be both intuitive and easy to use. Allowing clients to sign on the go is important - especially when we are moving quickly to get deals done.
  • Allows for e-signature on the go (mobile friendly).
  • Sends all parties to the contract an update about whether the contract has been signed.
  • Always available (24/7) and international. Allowing clients to sign documents after hours.
  • Sometimes the signature blocs are hard to place or get placed in wrong places because the interface is too sensitive.
  • Has corrupted some of my documents when converting them from Word to PDF.
  • There is sometimes a delay in response time for receiving completed documents.
  • I wish I could specify that users must create a signature (that looks like a wet signature) rather than using a cursive font.
Signing fee agreements with legal clients.

HelloSign allows my firm to send prospective fee agreements to clients for signature. Once the client signs the agreement, they are provided with a copy of the agreement via HelloSign, saving us an extra step along the way. This allows me to retain copies of agreements in an online storage place. I also think this tool is great for signing court documents when I need a signature before turning a document into court.
Read Amanda Gordon's full review
Matthew Gehrman profile photo
July 10, 2018

Review: "HelloSign is a powerful tool without the outrageous cost."

HelloSign is our agency e-sign platform used for all application and contract signatures. This application has expedited the close process of new business.
  • Integrates with Gmail & Google Drive allowing us to maintain accurate records with minimal effort.
  • Provides an audit trail for record purposes and a copy on HelloSign as well.
  • Have't found anything I don't like.
HelloSign is an excellent platform for any company that requires large applications to be signed. The application makes it a breeze for all parties to complete signature processes right from their computer.
Read Matthew Gehrman's full review
July 19, 2018

User Review: "HelloSign Saves Us Time"

Our school uses HelloSign as part of the enrollment process for our students. This allows us to send and receive signed, completed documents much faster than relying on older methods. Prospective students receive their documents immediately, can fill them out anytime, anywhere, on any device and then we and the student both get a completed copy of the document for our records. The process could not be easier.
  • HelloSign is easy to use. Clear, easy directions that help the signee complete the process in a few simple steps.
  • The completed copies of the documents that can be emailed to us and include date and timestamps and other important information for our records.
  • The document setup process is straight-forward and creating a new template is an easy process. If we update the template, the url remains the same which is great, so anywhere the link is used doesn't have to change. Everyone gets pointed to the new, updated document with less hassle.
  • A few more field validation types would be nice.
HelloSign is great if you need a quick and easy way to send out documents you need completed and signed and get back in a timely manner.
July 17, 2018

Review: "HelloSign is Amazing for Small Businesses"

I use HelloSign in my solo-preneur business. I use it to easily, efficiently, and safely have on-boarding contracts signed by my clients.
  • Makes editing and sending contracts very simple.
  • Allows my clients to securely and easily sign the contract needed to work with me.
  • Makes signing up to work with me hassle free- which means more sales :)
  • HelloSign could use some more formatting or design features that the user can control to make his or her document a little prettier.
  • It could be slightly more user-friendly, as sometimes the boxes are hard to move around.
  • I would like to see a few more options for editing the contract right in HelloSign.
I would say that HelloSign is perfect for someone who is in any position where a legally binding contract is needed to be signed by both parties before work can begin. I would recommend it for smaller businesses- I do think that if you have a very large business, there would be better options that are more entwined with other software and systems instead of being such a standalone product.
July 26, 2018

HelloSign Review: "Overall a great product."

We use HelloSign for students returning important documentation pertinent to their enrollment. Enrollees are sent a link to a set of HelloSign documents that must be completed in order to complete the registration for their specific courses.
  • Intuitive for even the novice to use
  • Works across browsers
  • No login required for signees.
  • Really no complaints, works great.
Perfect for any business that needs to have customers or clients sign forms electronically with little to no hassle.
Sarah Nelson profile photo
April 25, 2018

Review: "Hello, HelloSign - and Goodbye unsigned contracts!"

We use HelloSign within every facet of our company. Our sales floor uses HelloSign to send agreements to new customers and our customer service department uses HelloSign to retrieve contact information and send contracts upon request to existing customers. HelloSign makes it easy for us to receive signed agreements from new customers without needing to have them mailed.
  • The best part of HelloSign is that it integrates with our CRM. We are able to have the system auto-populate fields in the contract, based on what is written in their file.
  • HelloSign is particularly easy to use compared to other document signing services. Clients rarely have a hard time figuring out how to sign the agreement. And they also have the option to type in their name, rather than try a signature.
  • I like the ability to store different contract templates. It makes it extremely easy for us to send contracts for different services without needing to re-write on the spot.
  • When you first sign in to HelloSign, it automatically has you on a view of *only* the agreements that *you* sent. It can get frustrating since most of the time, I need to view contracts sent by other people. Not just myself. I think it would be smarter to start on the *all* section, rather than the person section. Considering your personal contracts will appear in search as well. But, obviously, this is an extremely nitpicky complaint.
  • There have been a few times when the integration has gone down. I would say that within the last year of using HelloSign, our integration with our CRM has crashed three times. Which may not seem like a lot. But it pretty much puts our sales floor offline.
  • When we first signed up for HelloSign, the contracts would import a copy directly into their file in our CRM. Unfortunately, due to safety precautions, this benefit has gone away. I would hope that maybe someday this could return because it was extremely helpful.
HelloSign is perfect for any agency that conducts business via telephone or email. In today's marketplace, not many B2B services are conducted face-to-face. HelloSign makes it easy to lock in agreements with new customers without needing to teach them how to use a computer. I would definitely recommend using HelloSign for your document signing purposes.
Read Sarah Nelson's full review
Steve Quan profile photo
May 23, 2018

HelloSign Review: "Excellent eSign solution"

HelloSign is one of the eSign tools used at WeWork. The Digital Services - Business Development team used HelloSign as our primary eSign solution to handle efficiently a high volume of contracts entered into with partners in the WeWork Services Store.
  • It's an easy to use, straight-forward solution. It's very simple to upload and process a contract for data input and/or signatures, as necessary.
  • HelloSign does a great job of streamlining what used to be a time-intensive, manual process -- printing, signing, scanning, emailing, and re-scanning the countersigned version. If you handle a high volume of deals, the aggregate time savings and efficiency gains are significant and valuable.
  • HelloSign has been an easy to set up and use solution for our business development team. We've also used DocuSign and find it comparable and equally satisfactory. Caveat - we do not deal with contracts that have heightened regulatory or compliance obligations such as HIPPA, thus for users in the healthcare space or industries with similar obligations, then I'd recommend doing a more careful evaluation as to the security features to ensure they suffice.
  • There is no specific feature or function (or lack thereof) that I dislike. HelloSign does exactly what we need it to do. Having said that - our use case is very basic, namely, handling the contract signature process for commercial transactions and contracts that do not require many inputs aside from signatures.
  • The tool could be improved by enabling easier collaboration and sharing features to allow non-signatories to read and review the final execution version.
It's excellent for any type of contract, although for contracts that involve a lot of data fields requiring user input it does take some time to process the document for the user/signatory.
Read Steve Quan's full review
Jim Leahy profile photo
February 22, 2018

User Review: "Sign On to HelloSign"

HelloSign is used as a way to ensure all contracts are prepared, sent, and signed whenever we issue an offer to a new team member. The majority of the team members who utilize HelloSign are on the Human Resources/People, Finance or Executive teams. HelloSign is a useful tool to monitor whether or not a candidate has viewed an offer, and is great at keeping track of signed offer paperwork.
  • It's extremely helpful to know when a candidate has reviewed their offer paperwork. If they've looked 2-3 times but haven't signed, it gives me an understanding that they may have outstanding questions or concerns.
  • HelloSign gives you the option to have one party, two parties, or multiple parties sign a document.
  • The tool is extremely easy to use. It's a drag-and-drop style approach to offer documentation that is simple and effective.
  • The only issue I have with HelloSign is that sometimes if I click in an area, it'll automatically drop in something to sign when I didn't mean to do that. My colleagues noticed that too. But it's just a matter of reviewing the document to ensure nothing like that appears.
HelloSign seems appropriate for many different organizations (I'm trying to think if it's more appropriate for larger organizations or smaller but I cannot see a big problem). Maybe it's better suited for small-to-mid size organization because I'd assume larger orgs would have their own legal department, but this still seems suited perfectly for any group looking to stay on top of the signature/negotiation process.
Read Jim Leahy's full review
Eric Haugh profile photo
May 22, 2018

"HelloSign Review"

HelloSign is used on the sales team to send contracts and allow for electronic signature. Our contracts are fairly lengthy, so the ability to sign a document on screen as opposed to printing, signing, and scanning is a huge benefit.
  • Templates which can be shared across the team
  • Notifications to inform you when a document has been viewed, signed, completed, etc.
  • Integrations into multiple systems such as Gmail, DropBox, and SalesForce
  • I've had issues with the ability to CC non-signers on contracts being sent
HelloSign is great for sales teams or anyone else who regularly sends contracts.
Read Eric Haugh's full review
June 05, 2018

"HelloSign API - great if you must have e-sign integrated into your App."

We used the HelloSign API product to have new users sign a User Agreement as part of the user onboarding. Users would sign up for an account, be prompted to confirm their email address, and then would sign an end user agreement via HelloSign's API, helping to streamline that process. Ultimately, legal felt that an explicitly signed agreement was no longer required, so we changed the onboarding to a 'check box' agreement of the terms of the user agreement and removed the HelloSign step form the onboarding process given that it added a step and was driving drop off in the adoption of the product.
  • Integrating the API was pretty easy and straightforward all in all.
  • The flexibility in incorporating HelloSign into the onboarding was great.
  • From a design aesthetic, it looked pretty good.
  • The ability to access all of the signed agreements through their web dashboard at any time was helpful.
  • After the initial sale, we never heard back from our sales rep. Even after canceling our subscription, we didn't hear back.
  • I thought the API pricing was a bit high.
  • During the initial setup, they had to manually review the implementation to ensure that it was compliant. Scheduling that was a bit of a hassle, would have preferred to point them to a demo and let them do it on their own time.
In terms of an API-based e-signature provider, my gut is that they are still the best option out there, but it still provides an extra step in onboarding and is better to remove from the user experience, if possible. Implementation was quite easy, and flexibility to use different templates in different scenarios is valuable, if required.

About HelloSign