Reviews (1-25 of 40)
- Value for money is hard to beat.
- Portfolio of products allows for advanced integrations and implementations.
- Product failed and is now unusable.
- Customer support extremely slow (1 message per day).
- Admin panel UX didn't change in 3 years; some parts are not intuitive.
When we first starting using HelloSign, it met our needs perfectly. It is a fairly straightforward, lightweight e-signature platform. The system has expanded since we first subscribed, and now features a much broader range of development tools.
Our needs have remained modest, and up until the product completely failed recently, it handled all our contract signatures.
Ultimately, the most compelling part of HelloSign for us is the value for money, as unlike its main competitor, you can have 5 users for one base price that is 1/5 the cost of the alternative. For early stage or startup firms, that is a big plus.
Here is the heart of my low score: the product recently stopped working and we have now been struggling for a week to fix our contracts. In summary, contracts froze in the browser while being signed, and then we had trouble editing the templates, and then we couldn't delete the templates, and then I sent out a template that had been created 2 years ago, and there were multiple copies attached!
You use e-signature software to, no surprise, get signatures on agreements. Most often, these are binding legal agreements, so having robust and 'enterprise-grade' software is absolutely critical in my opinion.
When a product like this fails, it creates significant operational issues. When the e-signature process froze the browse, it reflected poorly on our organization. I would have thought that support would have been a bit more attentive, but instead, I have now spent a week trying to get some concrete direction on fixing the problems (multiple serious issues). Support consists of 1 email daily, and has consisted largely of me trying to send video screencaptures, and then a long back and forth to verify my email. In summary, it has been extremely frustrating, and we have been in limbo without our e-signature service available.
The other issue, which is a true edge case situation, is their insistence on receiving email from the same email account as the HelloSign registration. We changed our organizational email recently, and I was still logging into HS using our old email address. This became a hard stop on further support, which doesn't make sense on a practical level. Why would someone write in for support with specific issues if they weren't a customer? And if they did, wouldn't that be a miniscule proportion of the support requests? So if you adopt a policy that stops providing support to anyone who isn't verified, regardless of the situation, isn't that using a blunt instrument to solve a very rare issue?
Reflects the overall organizational values, in my opinion, which is not to value the small customer.
- Customized contracts--add your verbiage, along with fields that need to be completed by the signer
- Cost effective
- It would be helpful if HelloSign had integrations with a payment processing program (like Square or Stripe), so payments could be collected at the time of contract signing.
It has overall sped up the process of signing contracts between my organisation and our customers.
- Notification: I love how quickly I receive notifications when a customer appends a contractual document I send them.
- Ease of use: HelloSign is very intuitive and this was very handy in my early days of using this program as a beginner, and it has also helped our customers too.
- The HelloSign application on iPad is very counter-intuitive. In truth, I have never been able to make my way around it.
- Acceptability amongst our customers is also a major issue, as there are still a few partner customers who have reservations about signing contracts digitally rather than physically.
HelloSign has served my company well internally. It has assisted the human resource department in my organisation to quickly get employees to append their signatures on important documentation.
- Signatures on mobile phones or tablets
- Integrations with Google drive and automation services
- Ease of use to e-sign signatures quickly.
- I don't think it makes sense to need an enterprise level plan for features like white labeling.
- Although easy to use for signatures, I think the templates section has been so simplified it makes it harder to use the first few times.
- I believe HelloSign has some information for industries that need extra protection, such as financial advisers, but it seems difficult to find now.
- The setup process is very quick for any document.
- Being able to upload a scanned signature to use on documents is great.
- Selecting which order to have a document signed is useful.
- Being able to schedule reminders to have a document signed would be helpful.
- Add custom lines for signature/text fields within an order form
- Email notifications to signers and senders - with copy of the current document and what steps are left
- Integration with Salesforce for saving order form/signed contracts
- Clear and easy identifiers for signature lines
- If there are multiple signers, the email notifications can become overkill
- Not a great deal of flexibility in editing the document once it has been sent
- Users find the reassigning confusing. I personally do not but some of my recipients have flagged this.
- Hellosign is relatively simple to create a document for signing
- Hellosign documents are easy to navigate and sign
- Hellosign could have more integrations
- Would be great to have Salesforce integration where you could attach it to an opportunity/account
- The interface is beautiful.
- It is highly intuitive both for creating signature fields and for the recipient, who needs to sign the document.
- It is significantly cheaper than competitors.
- It could always be even cheaper!
- That's really the only thing. I don't have any real complaints about the product. It is a laser focused solution and I think it would lose some of its appeal if it added on other features.
- Integrates with our CRM
- Notifications (sometimes a bit too many notifications)
- Seamless signing process experience.
- Being able to edit the document that was sent. Example: If we need to change the signee etc.
- Create document templates for completion and signature.
- Storage on HelloSign with the ability to download as needed.
- Chrome extension that allows documents to be signed directly from emails.
- More flexibility in the template creation platform.
- Better functioning Chrome extension (it occasionally stops working).
- Very easy to learn how to send out documents to sign.
- Very easy for staff to sign the documents, rarely do we get questions on that.
- There are different fields to choose from when setting up the document to be sent out such as text, date, and signature. So, it can also be used as a form to be filled out (not just signature).
- When a document needs to be changed after it has been sent out, you are not able to go into the existing signing invitation to change the document (even if the document hasn't been signed yet) so as a result, you need to cancel that invite and create a new one.
- It would be helpful if it would identify which documents have been downloaded after they have been signed.
- After sending out a document to be signed, it would be helpful to be able to change the signing authorities. For example, if I, first of all, designate "Joe Smith" to sign a field, but later learn that "Jack Smith" was supposed to sign, it would be nice if I could just change that without having to cancel and resend.
- Makes editing and sending contracts very simple.
- Allows my clients to securely and easily sign the contract needed to work with me.
- Makes signing up to work with me hassle free- which means more sales :)
- HelloSign could use some more formatting or design features that the user can control to make his or her document a little prettier.
- It could be slightly more user-friendly, as sometimes the boxes are hard to move around.
- I would like to see a few more options for editing the contract right in HelloSign.
- It's really easy to create a contract or contract template. Simply upload your Word document and identify which areas each party should sign. The templates work great because you can modify and reuse standard contracts.
- e-Signature is great. You can choose an e-signature or use your finger (or e-pen/stylus if your computer has one) to sign your signature. The signature can be saved and reused on future contracts.
- The notifications are great. You get a notification once the other party has signed and everyone gets a notification with a copy of the contract once all required parties have signed the document. You don't have to worry about final distribution. It's great.
- If you're low volume the free version of HelloSign allows you to send 3 documents per month.
- I wish you could customize the sender address. I always send the HelloSign sender info in advance to prospects to whitelist before I send the contracts. I'm always worried that the emails will get caught in spam filters -- hasn't happened yet. It would be nice if I could set up some sort of email relay.
- It would be nice to be able to set up folders to organize documents in HelloSign. My workaround is to store and organize the final signed documents elsewhere.
- HelloSign has a reliable notification system, which keeps me abreast of each action taken by all parties during the process of signing a document. This ensures I know when I am required to take action and put pressure on the necessary parties to take action on documents.
- Data Security. HelloSign encrypts all data exchanged over the HelloSign platform, ensuring that sensitive data is safe from unauthorized third person access.
- HelloSign integrates with a broad range of business tools used by organizations. In my own case, it integrates with Drive, which is the cloud storage platform used for securely saving files in my organization. Therefore, making it a simple process to backup signed documents in the cloud.
- I would like to have customization control over the type of notifications I receive from HelloSign. I get too many notifications from this software vendor that I have sometimes missed important emails from them because I thought it was their usual marketing newsletters.
- Obviously, HelloSign has been rejected by some of our clients as a legally binding way to sign documents. While this is a hurdle we encounter while using HelloSign, it is in no way the fault of HelloSign but rather a problem of accepting a newer way of doing things, which is a prevalent bottleneck in developing economies.
- The absolute best part is being able to use a signature that you scanned with your phone, then upload to your account.
- The second best is being able to resize your perfect signature, especially when the signature line is super-short.
- And of course, if you don't have a lot of things to sign, the free pages per month is pretty good to have.
- I would like to have more free pages per month to sign. Ten would be great. I don't use HelloSign a lot, so I can't justify paying for a monthly plan.
- The date entry is a bit touchy; something should be done to make it less so.
- Since I sign in with my Google account, the login page sometimes won't let me sign in with said account. Not sure what the bug is there, but it needs to be squashed.
- HelloSign's online dashboard for managing contracts is nicely designed. As a designer myself, I greatly appreciate services that have a great interface and are easy to use.
- HelloSign's email notifications are perfect. As long as the document has been delivered to my client but hasn't been signed, I'll receive a daily email letting me know the document was sent out and is still waiting to be signed.
- HelloSign adds a "Audit Trail" page to the final signed PDF. On it they list the dates and times when the document was sent, viewed, and signed (including the IP for each person performing the actions). Love this feature.
- I've yet to run into an issue with HelloSign or find anything that's in need of improvement. For my basic e-signing needs, HelloSign is perfect.
- Makes digital signatures easily.
- Provides document notifications.
- Tracks, sends and receives signatures easily.
- The trial version is limited to just 3 users at a time.
- Sometimes emails sent with documents attached end up in the spam folder.
- The stray clicks on the mouse end with incorrect placements of signatures in the document.
- The best part of HelloSign is that it integrates with our CRM. We are able to have the system auto-populate fields in the contract, based on what is written in their file.
- HelloSign is particularly easy to use compared to other document signing services. Clients rarely have a hard time figuring out how to sign the agreement. And they also have the option to type in their name, rather than try a signature.
- I like the ability to store different contract templates. It makes it extremely easy for us to send contracts for different services without needing to re-write on the spot.
- When you first sign in to HelloSign, it automatically has you on a view of *only* the agreements that *you* sent. It can get frustrating since most of the time, I need to view contracts sent by other people. Not just myself. I think it would be smarter to start on the *all* section, rather than the person section. Considering your personal contracts will appear in search as well. But, obviously, this is an extremely nitpicky complaint.
- There have been a few times when the integration has gone down. I would say that within the last year of using HelloSign, our integration with our CRM has crashed three times. Which may not seem like a lot. But it pretty much puts our sales floor offline.
- When we first signed up for HelloSign, the contracts would import a copy directly into their file in our CRM. Unfortunately, due to safety precautions, this benefit has gone away. I would hope that maybe someday this could return because it was extremely helpful.
- Allows for a signing hierarchy--namely, I can decide who signs first, second, etc.
- Allows labels to be added to text boxes to capture additional information such as business name, address, and phone number.
- Keeps me updated as to my document's status. I know when a client looks at it and when a signing task is completed. Peace of mind!
- Although I'm not using it currently, I like that I can create templates. That will be my next step with HelloSign.
- It would be great if the editor could include lines to help with the placement of signing boxes, etc.
- Allow for more than 3 free documents.
- Provide a tier between free and $15 per month.
- Easy to use software
- Upload and prepare documents for signing, dating, initials, etc.
- I LOVE that HelloSign automatically directs the process flow of who needs to sign, flows to the next person, and sends the signed contract via email immediately after it is complete.
- I wish I could create email templates since I send the same info in the message when sending the contract
HelloSign Scorecard Summary
What is HelloSign?
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Essentials||$20 ($180)||per month (per year)|
|Business||$50 ($480)||per month (per year)|
HelloSign Technical Details