HelloSign Reviews

Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

A simple, intuitive cost effective tool for small businesses to get started with Document eSign

I use HelloSign to send our clients a coaching agreement to fill in and e-Sign. It's effortless and straightforward to use. It's very convenient for interstate and overseas clients, no more emails, and scanning documents back and forth. It's easy to keep up with who has signed or not with the automated email reminders. It saves me a lot of time.
  • Can use templates
  • Can get multiple signatures on a document
  • The UX could be improved
HelloSign is a very simple and easy to use way to get documents e-Signed. Good for small businesses that only have a few documents and don't need a full suite of options. It does the job, and It's also legally compliant with document history, time stamps, and IP address. An excellent solution to get started with your e-Sign needs.
Read Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching's full review
Kristin Cole | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

A document signing program that works for you!

HelloSign filled a big need for us for our contract signing. We trialed 4 platforms and ultimately chose HelloSign. We used the program until we were introduced to a full CRM program that fit our needs more comprehensively (contracts plus payment processing and more). Until that time, HelloSign met our needs in ways we didn't even know was possible. Our internal sales team used it daily. It allowed us to have customized contracts in a user-friendly platform with legally binding signatures.
  • Customized contracts--add your verbiage, along with fields that need to be completed by the signer
  • Cost effective
  • It would be helpful if HelloSign had integrations with a payment processing program (like Square or Stripe), so payments could be collected at the time of contract signing.
There is no other e-signature software that I would recommend to a colleague. HelloSign is BY FAR the most user friendly, customizable, and intelligent platform we have used. Their integrations with Dropbox and Google Drive make the capabilities of the program even better--saving time and keeping things organized no matter the contract. The platform is less appropriate for companies that need a full integrative solution with payment processing and stronger CRM needs.
Read Kristin Cole's full review
Manan Vora | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

No-brainer decision for digital document signing

We use HelloSign's document signing functionality to digitally sign contracts, NDAs, and other legal documents. Our entire organization - sales, HR, accounting, etc. - uses this system to send and sign documents from 3rd parties. Since we do business in multiple cities and countries, digital signing makes it easy for us to keep things legally organized and simple.
  • Reducing paper consumption.
  • Legally binding documents, so there's no legal grey area.
  • Their mobile app isn't easy to use.
Signing legally binding documents, regardless of how big/small your company is, HelloSign works perfectly for this. Another thing we love about HelloSign is that it reduces the amount of paper you have to use to create, edit and sign documents. It is also very convenient with bigger organizations where the list of people who need to sign documents is long or with people in different cities and countries, and the process of getting the papers from one person to another reduces.
Read Manan Vora's full review
Abimbola Kolor | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

A catalyst for my organisation's contract signing process.

HelloSign is used within my organisation to append signatures on contractual documents in digital form. From my personal experience, it is easy to use and our customers have rarely had any reservations about using HelloSign to sign documents. It has a mobile application, which makes it convenient to share digital contractual documents, likewise it works very well on mobile web browser and computer web browser.
It has overall sped up the process of signing contracts between my organisation and our customers.
  • Notification: I love how quickly I receive notifications when a customer appends a contractual document I send them.
  • Ease of use: HelloSign is very intuitive and this was very handy in my early days of using this program as a beginner, and it has also helped our customers too.
  • The HelloSign application on iPad is very counter-intuitive. In truth, I have never been able to make my way around it.
  • Acceptability amongst our customers is also a major issue, as there are still a few partner customers who have reservations about signing contracts digitally rather than physically.
HelloSign is well suited for signing contractual agreements with partnering companies, who are miles away from my organisation's physical location. It is a much faster means of sending and receiving documents, as opposed to the back-and-forth sending of documents via courier.

HelloSign has served my company well internally. It has assisted the human resource department in my organisation to quickly get employees to append their signatures on important documentation.
Read Abimbola Kolor's full review
Jason Schorr | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

Works great, but hope it fits the budget

We have used HelloSign in signing contracts remotely with clients across our sales department. HelloSign solves the problem of quickly having secured signed signatures with parties across the country from one another.
  • Secure Signatures
  • Security with making sure only the right person opens it
  • Pricing
HelloSign is well used for anyone who needs documents signed by clients. It can be used by almost any type of company or org. The cost does tend to prohibit many smaller companies from being able to use, in my opinion. We don't use daily, so probably better suited from someone who has an office needing this used many times each day.
Read Jason Schorr's full review
February 11, 2020

At the end of the day, HelloSign signs my check!

HelloSign is used mostly across our client facing departments like sales and customer success. HelloSign allows us first and foremost to save paper and space. It helps us do business faster, provide transparency, and easily keep the right people in the loop on specific deals. HelloSign also allows us to protect ourselves, from a legal perspective.
  • Hellosign is relatively simple to create a document for signing
  • Hellosign documents are easy to navigate and sign
  • Hellosign could have more integrations
  • Would be great to have Salesforce integration where you could attach it to an opportunity/account
For any business-to-business sales where either party needs to protect themselves from a legal perspective, a cloud-based document signing software is a must. HelloSign makes doing business easy, protecting your company simple, and communicating across departments a breeze. Creating and sending documents is very straightforward and quick to do, using HelloSign.
Lark Ismail | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 07, 2019

Quick and Easy. No need to spend time or worry about eSignatures.

We use HelloSign as our main document signing tool in our business. Our primary use is for contracts with our clients or with independent contractors. We often work with clients out of state or out of the country and signing using traditional printed contracts would be very difficult. Even if a client is located near our office it is much more convenient for our records to use digital signatures. We are even able to use automation progress to automatically store copies for our records in the correct place every time. Our clients work in many different industries and aren't always comfortable with new technology. HelloSign is very intuitive and easy for our less technical clients to use.
  • Signatures on mobile phones or tablets
  • Integrations with Google drive and automation services
  • Ease of use to e-sign signatures quickly.
  • I don't think it makes sense to need an enterprise level plan for features like white labeling.
  • Although easy to use for signatures, I think the templates section has been so simplified it makes it harder to use the first few times.
  • I believe HelloSign has some information for industries that need extra protection, such as financial advisers, but it seems difficult to find now.
HelloSign is has a starting plan with a low monthly cost that is good for small businesses that sign contracts at least once a month. HelloSign has a great free plan for freelancers where you can get 3 free signatures a month. This is fantastic for those starting out and want to keep their costs down until their business grows and they can switch to the Pro plan for $13 a month (if paid annually).
Read Lark Ismail's full review
Joshua Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 07, 2019

Efficient and reliable digital signature tool everyone should use

HelloSign is used on all contracts as well as an alternative to signing tax documents to avoid the use of fax machines. The integration with Google Drive makes it that much easier to get things signed without having to export to a certain format.
  • The setup process is very quick for any document.
  • Being able to upload a scanned signature to use on documents is great.
  • Selecting which order to have a document signed is useful.
  • Being able to schedule reminders to have a document signed would be helpful.
I can't think of a scenario where HelloSign isn't an obvious solution over having to deal with physical signatures or the mailing of signed agreements back and forth. It really does everything you could hope for and saves so much time.
Read Joshua Long's full review
Ellen DiGiacomo | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 07, 2019

Hello Sign lives up to it's name! Great product and very easy to implement.

HelloSign is being used by HR, Finance, Facilities, and Technology. We use it within the organization to e-sign offer letters, personal action forms, etc. Externally we use it for contracts that require signing.
  • User Friendly
  • Good visual on flow of documents
  • Easy to set up
  • Right now it seems fine
For a quick and easy solution that is affordable; I think HelloSign works great. I wanted a solution that did not require a big commitment, was easy to implement, and had a reasonable monthly cost. I also was looking for something other than DocuSign which has such a large share of the market.
Read Ellen DiGiacomo's full review
November 05, 2019

HelloSign takes the pain out of electronic signatures!

The Sales and Customer Success teams use HelloSign to circulate order forms for signature, security documents, ESAs, etc. The program provides us with a simple and effective way to distribute documents for signature in a timely manner. We are also able to integrate the product with our Salesforce environment so that signed order forms are stored and linked to the specific account - helping us easily locate these documents in the future.
  • Add custom lines for signature/text fields within an order form
  • Email notifications to signers and senders - with copy of the current document and what steps are left
  • Integration with Salesforce for saving order form/signed contracts
  • Clear and easy identifiers for signature lines
  • If there are multiple signers, the email notifications can become overkill
  • Not a great deal of flexibility in editing the document once it has been sent
  • Users find the reassigning confusing. I personally do not but some of my recipients have flagged this.
Great for sending order forms for signature, contracts for signature, etc. In my current role, I distribute documents for electronic signature quiet often so I cannot really think of a use case where it is not appropriate (when a form needs to be filled out or a signature is required). One of my favorite parts is the ability to upload a previously signed document and then add a new line for an additional signature. A lot of times my customers will send over a document in PDF form with their signature, yet we still need someone on our end to sign it. It is very easy to go into HelloSign and add a new signature line so that our internal team can electronically sign the document.
November 19, 2019

Zero complaints about HelloSign!

We use HelloSign to easily manage confidentiality agreements as we prepare to launch new products. It is used across the whole organization. It provided the solution to our challenges around sending and editing documents that need to be extremely easy to create and extremely easy to capture signatures, so that we can then continue getting advice on our developing product.
  • The interface is beautiful.
  • It is highly intuitive both for creating signature fields and for the recipient, who needs to sign the document.
  • It is significantly cheaper than competitors.
  • It could always be even cheaper!
  • That's really the only thing. I don't have any real complaints about the product. It is a laser focused solution and I think it would lose some of its appeal if it added on other features.
It is a highly-focused solution. It is appropriate for capturing signatures on documents quickly. It does this extremely well, with a beautiful interface, at a lower price point than other competitors. Because it is so focused, this seems like an obvious question and I'm not sure how to answer it well.
October 16, 2019

Easy way to get your documents signed.

We use it in the Customer Success department. We are sending out all of our very important documents to our customers via HelloSign. I believe there are a couple of other departments using this tool such HR, Billing and Sales. We used to have DocuSign but it was replaced with HelloSign more than a year ago.
  • Integrates with our CRM
  • Notifications (sometimes a bit too many notifications)
  • Seamless signing process experience.
  • Being able to edit the document that was sent. Example: If we need to change the signee etc.
I would recommend HelloSign to any small to medium businesses. It is a great way to get your documents sent/signed while they are secured. Prepping the documents is pretty straight forward which will not require any training/implementation hours internally to start using. I believe the pricing is good compared to other tools in fact they have a free version.
October 08, 2019

Simple and Straightforward

We currently use HelloSign to send out documents for signature to employees and external contacts, as well as use the Chrome extension to sign documents sent to us via email. It is currently being used by some of our management team but is not used by the entire company. We have an account that supports 10 licenses (7 or 8 of which we are currently using).
  • Create document templates for completion and signature.
  • Storage on HelloSign with the ability to download as needed.
  • Chrome extension that allows documents to be signed directly from emails.
  • More flexibility in the template creation platform.
  • Better functioning Chrome extension (it occasionally stops working).
HelloSign is great on a small scale and works well for a handful of employees. I have never looked into higher-level subscriptions, but I'm not sure I would stick with HelloSign if I was going to spend more money. It works well for sending out documents we use regularly like our NDA template and new hire paperwork or for one-off documents.
September 23, 2019

Sign Away!

We use HelloSign to send out documents that need to be signed by staff members. Our HR department uses it for all staff. Prior to HelloSign, we would have staff physically sign documents that needed signatures. It was a very time-consuming process and resulted in delays in getting documents processed. Now, HelloSign allows for quick and easy signing.
  • Very easy to learn how to send out documents to sign.
  • Very easy for staff to sign the documents, rarely do we get questions on that.
  • There are different fields to choose from when setting up the document to be sent out such as text, date, and signature. So, it can also be used as a form to be filled out (not just signature).
  • When a document needs to be changed after it has been sent out, you are not able to go into the existing signing invitation to change the document (even if the document hasn't been signed yet) so as a result, you need to cancel that invite and create a new one.
  • It would be helpful if it would identify which documents have been downloaded after they have been signed.
  • After sending out a document to be signed, it would be helpful to be able to change the signing authorities. For example, if I, first of all, designate "Joe Smith" to sign a field, but later learn that "Jack Smith" was supposed to sign, it would be nice if I could just change that without having to cancel and resend.
For any organization that has staff that works virtually, it is great to not have to get a physical copy signed but it is also helpful for those that work in the same building as it saves on paper. I don't think there are situations that it wouldn't be appropriate to use HelloSign.
Adaeze Ojeifo | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 08, 2019

E-signature software for the modern business.

HelloSign has presented my organization with a simpler, faster and cost-effective way to assign an official signature to documents. Convenience is a key part of using HelloSign as it can be used on the computer and there is on the go support via its mobile app.
  • HelloSign has a reliable notification system, which keeps me abreast of each action taken by all parties during the process of signing a document. This ensures I know when I am required to take action and put pressure on the necessary parties to take action on documents.
  • Data Security. HelloSign encrypts all data exchanged over the HelloSign platform, ensuring that sensitive data is safe from unauthorized third person access.
  • HelloSign integrates with a broad range of business tools used by organizations. In my own case, it integrates with Drive, which is the cloud storage platform used for securely saving files in my organization. Therefore, making it a simple process to backup signed documents in the cloud.
  • I would like to have customization control over the type of notifications I receive from HelloSign. I get too many notifications from this software vendor that I have sometimes missed important emails from them because I thought it was their usual marketing newsletters.
  • Obviously, HelloSign has been rejected by some of our clients as a legally binding way to sign documents. While this is a hurdle we encounter while using HelloSign, it is in no way the fault of HelloSign but rather a problem of accepting a newer way of doing things, which is a prevalent bottleneck in developing economies.
HelloSign is appropriate for all business processes that involves putting a signature on documents. It is, however, not legally binding in some developing countries where we have tried using HelloSign.
Read Adaeze Ojeifo's full review
April 26, 2019

HelloSign is Amazing for Small Businesses

I use HelloSign in my solo-preneur business. I use it to easily, efficiently, and safely have on-boarding contracts signed by my clients.
  • Makes editing and sending contracts very simple.
  • Allows my clients to securely and easily sign the contract needed to work with me.
  • Makes signing up to work with me hassle free- which means more sales :)
  • HelloSign could use some more formatting or design features that the user can control to make his or her document a little prettier.
  • It could be slightly more user-friendly, as sometimes the boxes are hard to move around.
  • I would like to see a few more options for editing the contract right in HelloSign.
I would say that HelloSign is perfect for someone who is in any position where a legally binding contract is needed to be signed by both parties before work can begin. I would recommend it for smaller businesses- I do think that if you have a very large business, there would be better options that are more entwined with other software and systems instead of being such a standalone product.
Yvette Montague | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 02, 2018

Super Affordable eSign Contract Solution

HelloSign is used to generate electronic NDAs and sales agreements that customers can review and sign online without having to download or print documents. It's used by the Sales organization for contracting.
  • It's really easy to create a contract or contract template. Simply upload your Word document and identify which areas each party should sign. The templates work great because you can modify and reuse standard contracts.
  • e-Signature is great. You can choose an e-signature or use your finger (or e-pen/stylus if your computer has one) to sign your signature. The signature can be saved and reused on future contracts.
  • The notifications are great. You get a notification once the other party has signed and everyone gets a notification with a copy of the contract once all required parties have signed the document. You don't have to worry about final distribution. It's great.
  • If you're low volume the free version of HelloSign allows you to send 3 documents per month.
  • I wish you could customize the sender address. I always send the HelloSign sender info in advance to prospects to whitelist before I send the contracts. I'm always worried that the emails will get caught in spam filters -- hasn't happened yet. It would be nice if I could set up some sort of email relay.
  • It would be nice to be able to set up folders to organize documents in HelloSign. My workaround is to store and organize the final signed documents elsewhere.
It's great for small businesses that don't require a sophisticated contract builder and want to get documents out fast for signature and back quickly. It's a stand-alone solution with the option to integrate with Salesforce if you purchase the highest-end custom solution.
Read Yvette Montague's full review
Cameron Aubernon | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 30, 2018

HelloSign: Say Hello to Online Signatures, Goodbye to Unnecessary Printing

I use HelloSign mainly to sign W-9 tax forms sent to me by clients via email. I don't own a printer. I don't have stamps or envelopes. I also don't want to go out of my way to obtain these items, save and print the document at a FedEx Office, fill out and sign the W-9, stuff it in an envelope, stamp it up, and then head over to the post office to send it back to my client. Why do all that when I can simply fill out the form online, save it as a PDF, upload it to HelloSign, slap on my signature and the date, save that version to my laptop, and then email the completed document to my client.
  • The absolute best part is being able to use a signature that you scanned with your phone, then upload to your account.
  • The second best is being able to resize your perfect signature, especially when the signature line is super-short.
  • And of course, if you don't have a lot of things to sign, the free pages per month is pretty good to have.
  • I would like to have more free pages per month to sign. Ten would be great. I don't use HelloSign a lot, so I can't justify paying for a monthly plan.
  • The date entry is a bit touchy; something should be done to make it less so.
  • Since I sign in with my Google account, the login page sometimes won't let me sign in with said account. Not sure what the bug is there, but it needs to be squashed.
HelloSign is well-suited for documents which can be mostly completed online, such as tax forms and voter registration, and you don't want to go to the trouble of printing them out and mailing them, especially if time is of the essence. All you need to do is save a signature to HelloSign, slap it on to the document, download it, and email it to the proper parties.
Read Cameron Aubernon's full review
Brandon Zell | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 23, 2018

HelloSign is Perfect for Freelancers

HelloSign is my go-to service for getting e-signatures on project contracts. As a freelancer, I need a e-signing solution that's easy for me to set up (uploading PDF contracts/proposals and designating the signature and date area), keeps me informed (lets me know when the document has been viewed, and then again once it's signed), and is easy for my clients to use (they're emailed a link which they can click on desktop or mobile to sign).
  • HelloSign's online dashboard for managing contracts is nicely designed. As a designer myself, I greatly appreciate services that have a great interface and are easy to use.
  • HelloSign's email notifications are perfect. As long as the document has been delivered to my client but hasn't been signed, I'll receive a daily email letting me know the document was sent out and is still waiting to be signed.
  • HelloSign adds a "Audit Trail" page to the final signed PDF. On it they list the dates and times when the document was sent, viewed, and signed (including the IP for each person performing the actions). Love this feature.
  • I've yet to run into an issue with HelloSign or find anything that's in need of improvement. For my basic e-signing needs, HelloSign is perfect.
If you need a signature from someone geographically distant from you, HelloSign is an excellent choice for getting that e-signature.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
Prikshit Sood | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 21, 2018

Digital signatures made easy

This software has proven to be the most convenient tool for making e-signatures easily. We are now able to make signatures through our mobile phones which means we don’t need to be present in the office all the time.
  • Makes digital signatures easily.
  • Provides document notifications.
  • Tracks, sends and receives signatures easily.
  • The trial version is limited to just 3 users at a time.
  • Sometimes emails sent with documents attached end up in the spam folder.
  • The stray clicks on the mouse end with incorrect placements of signatures in the document.
It is best suited for making digital signatures on multiple documents at a single time. Less appropriate when stray mouse clicks are made due to which signatures show up in incorrect places on a document.
Read Prikshit Sood's full review
Lisbeth Tanz | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 07, 2018

HelloSign Makes My Life Easier!

I am a one-person shop, so I guess you could say it's used across my whole organization! I love HelloSign because it makes signing contracts much easier. Before I found HelloSign, I'd have to ask clients to fax back contracts or send them via snail mail. HelloSign takes all the extra effort, time, and cost out of contracts!
  • Allows for a signing hierarchy--namely, I can decide who signs first, second, etc.
  • Allows labels to be added to text boxes to capture additional information such as business name, address, and phone number.
  • Keeps me updated as to my document's status. I know when a client looks at it and when a signing task is completed. Peace of mind!
  • Although I'm not using it currently, I like that I can create templates. That will be my next step with HelloSign.
  • It would be great if the editor could include lines to help with the placement of signing boxes, etc.
  • Allow for more than 3 free documents.
  • Provide a tier between free and $15 per month.
HelloSign is terrific for instances where others need to approve documents or (as in my case) sign contracts. The process is so simple to implement, the software is easy to use, and updates from HelloSign let you know where everyone stands. I have many clients comment on how much they liked the ease of use as well as their interest in using it for their own businesses.
Read Lisbeth Tanz's full review
Casey Armstrong | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2018

Signs. Things. Fast.

I use HelloSign all the time, whether I need to sign something or a group of people need to. It's the easiest of the esig tools to use and allows me to share or have others sign in seconds. My favorite part about it is that it does its job, it's not glitchy, and saves me time.
  • Saves me time
  • Gets the job done
  • Can't really think of anything
If you need to sign something quickly or get a group to painlessly sign something (like a contract you've been working on for months!), just use HelloSign. Very easy to get things prepared for others to execute in a few clicks too a.k.a. making it easy on everybody else, which so many people don't think about.
Read Casey Armstrong's full review
Danielle Uhl | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 19, 2018

ROI and peace of mind with HelloSign

I use HelloSign for my client contracts and releases for my photography business. It makes it so easy for my clients and I to read and legally e-sign the agreement, and makes my processes so much more efficient. Worth every penny!
  • Easy to use software
  • Upload and prepare documents for signing, dating, initials, etc.
  • I LOVE that HelloSign automatically directs the process flow of who needs to sign, flows to the next person, and sends the signed contract via email immediately after it is complete.
  • I wish I could create email templates since I send the same info in the message when sending the contract
I love HelloSign for my contracts, agreements, and releases in my photography business. Makes it so simple for me and my clients to go through this process!
Read Danielle Uhl's full review
Matthew Lundh | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 19, 2018

HelloSign is a great choice for the occasional sender!

We use HelloSign to send, execute and archive documents both internally and externally. We use it to send contracts and agreements to customers as well as for on-boarding documents for employees and vendors. It replaced a more costly and cumbersome software package that we had previously used.
  • HelloSign has an easy to use UI.
  • The process for sending and signing documents is quick and easy.
  • Their pricing model for infrequent users can't be beat!
  • Their new user tutorials could use improvement.
HelloSign is well suited for most applications where simple document signing is needed. It's probably not as well suited for enterprise applications.
Read Matthew Lundh's full review
Melantha K. Paige, CPA, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 17, 2018

Quick, Easy, Reliable

I use HelloSign in my tax and accounting practice. It has made signing contracts, tax forms, and other documents a breeze. My clients love it because they don't have to make unnecessary visits to the office. HelloSign is one of my favorite systems to use in my practice.
  • Easy sharing of documents for review and signature.
  • Clients receive finalized signed documents via email.
  • Notifications so that we know the status of each document out for signature.
  • I'd like to see functionality around IRS requirements for signing electronic forms.
HelloSign allows my clients to review contracts on their own time before signing. They also don't have to visit the office as many times.
Read Melantha K. Paige, CPA, MBA's full review

About HelloSign

HelloSign is an electronic signature software offering acquired by Dropbox in early 2019. It includes features such as customization for businesses of any size and bank-level security.