Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
The HID DigitalPersona multi-factor authentication software offers a new way to provide authentication services to users. Whereas traditional 2FA/MFA solutions are stuck on “what you have/what you know”, DigitalPersona leverages an array of authentication methods to access public and corporate network resources. Enterprise users can gain access to their cloud applications, such as Microsoft 365, VPNs, corporate networks, Windows desktops, and Citrix applications . Consumers can confirm their identity and authenticate transactions.
Balancing security and usability, HID DigitalPersona boasts one of the widest arrays of authentication factors in the industry. This includes one-time passwords, mobile-based push, smartcards, security keys, risk- and context-based methods, and biometrics, such as fingerprint, face, and behavioral keystroke.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries||Most Countries except companies included in US Embargo|
- It couldn't calculate the ROI but certainly makes logins (domain and otherwise) MUCH faster while still allowing for complex passwords.
- Keeps IT department from constantly having to reset forgotten passwords.
- Not sure how to get a good metric on actual ROI but it does exist.
- Overhead outweighs the use.
- Application is on-prem rather than cloud based.
- Reporting is not that great to see usage/adoption.
- Users are happy with it.
- ROI would be difficult to quantify.
- [It's] great for checking [employees] in and out.
- Easy to install and helps secure tracking of employees' use of the POS system, timekeeping, and voids. Great investment.
- Worked perfectly with Postalmate software right out of the box.
- It offers a free trial, so one can try before buying.
- [It] integrates with a breadth of solutions.
- Overall, [there has been] positive impact on the ROI.
- Assists with nursing staff having difficulty with workstation login.
- Assists with nursing staff having difficulty with applications login.
- Assists with nursing staff with multiple logins for application access.
- IT staff with admin rights are protected
- Deputies that are mobile are protected
- Decreased Time For Password Resets
- Increased Efficiencies
- Saved Money
- Secured Passwords
- No negative impact
- I believe this product gave us a return on investment in the first year, and we have used it for 8 years!
- It was bundled with other software tokens at the time, and the price was unbeatable.
- Less requests for password resets.
- Productivity has increased due to the simplicity of logging into a wide variety of apps.
- More security as staff no longer leaves their passwords lying around since they only need to remember their network password.
- Higher security
- Ease of use
- It has made compliance easier.
- Provides a quick one finger authentication\log-on.
- Logging onto a machine that is used by several other users, such as in retail is no problem because the DigitalPersona software does a switch user function instead of logging out the other user.
- One negative that was apparent immediately after installing the DigitalPersona software was that users very easily forgot their Windows passwords because of the one finger log-on.
- Positive impact would be the knowledge that our systems are safe from un-authorized users accessing certain programs or machines by using a shared or stolen password. By using biometrics we eliminate the sharing of passwords among users to ensure proper authentication and auditing of users.
- Increased security for entire organization.
- Ease of security management for users of multiple credentials.
- I wouldn't say we have seen a direct ROI but we have seen value in the purchase.
- Users love it
- Users are more productive
- Our organization is more secure
- We rolled out the solution about 6 months ago. This has alleviated calls to the Help Desk having to do with Windows password unlocks and resets.
- ROI has been very minimum at this point.
- Allows multiple users to utilize the same workstations
- Allows users to cache multiple applications passwords
- Less tickets requesting password updates
- Lower downtime for password reset
- Lower support costs and burden for IT staff for "what's my password" questions.
- Too early to tell.
- We have not performed a targeted analysis to determine hard ROI numbers.
- Our time savings is substantial, due to the number of ancillary support systems that we utilize.
- Customers and employees are able to use high-security credentials without even knowing that they are doing so.
- PCI compliance has been maintained without sacrificing time to administering higher-security passwords.
- Users like to use it for their Windows login and the third-party app will use it which will make it nice for them. Since we are just starting to use it, I don't have any ROI info.
- For our situation, Digital Persona for processing applicants is not an option but a requirement. For the system operators DigitalPersona is also an auditing requirement and a necessity in order to automate processing of applicant transactions throughout the day.
- Digital Persona having joined forces or I should say, merged with Crossmatch has helped standardized the software engineering process for transacting applicants and authentication of operators as well as streamlined the software engineering effort required for performing fingerprint matching.
- Digital Persona has gone above and beyond in providing us customized support to allow us to tailor their software to our specific needs.
- Our users needed a product just like DigitalPersona Altus, but all the other products we looked at saved all of the data to the local computer. Having a central storage location that is not saved on the local computer allows for simpler migration and that saves IT staff time.