Higher Logic Thrive
Higher Logic Thrive
We use Higher Logic Community to create a primary community for all our members to communicate with each other as well as to form focused …
Higher Logic is used as the private social network platform for the members of the organization. It addresses the issue of privacy and …
We use Higher Logic for our email marketing efforts. The communications department actually facilities the sending of these emails, but we …
We currently use Higher Logic as a primary means of sending out large-scale communications to our members. This includes important …
We use Higher Logic to manage our online community. It's used by just one department to facilitate the community, share information and …
Our association uses the Higher Logic Connected Community as a communication tool for our committees, board of directors, staff, and other …
It is being used by about 1/4 of our organization internally and a large portion of our members externally.
Higher Logic is the provider of our online community and our volunteer management system. They are by far are one of the best vendors that …
We started using Higher Logic (HL) for our online community about 6 years ago. When I came on board, we were integrating the HL community …
We currently use Higher Logic as a community site for various committees, collaborative and member groups for our association integrated …
Higher Logic is being used within our department to create an online space for member interaction and to connect our program participants …
It is used for Community Management and for Volunteer Manager. Used mainly by Membership department, slowly by marketing. Main objective …
We use Higher Logic to provide online communities for our members: an Open Forum for all members as well as smaller communities for each …
We use Higher Logic across our entire organization and a means for member communications, member resources, committee participation and to …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Higher Logic Thrive, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Higher Logic Thrive is an organization's secure, private community platform that empowers members, customers, support and product teams and administrators to create and manage meaningful, engaging online communities. The vendor presents it as a premiere community solution, created specifically with the unique goals and needs of member and customer interactions in mind.
The #COVID19 pandemic has pushed online engagement into the spotlight. We’ve always known we needed human connection, but the pandemic has made it clear that #onlinecommunity #engagement with our members, customers, and employees is essential.
How can a professional association support its members during a natural disaster? The Educational Theatre Association shares its story.
- Microsoft Dynamics
- 30+ Association Management Software plaforms
- Small World Lab
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||28%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||64%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||8%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS|
|Supported Languages||English, with self-translation available|
Higher Logic Thrive is a private community platform that empowers members, customers, support and product teams to create and manage meaningful, engaging online communities. The solution is designed to keep users coming back. They can find support, best practices, peer-to-peer connections, resources, events, and networking, all in one destination.
Jive are common alternatives for Higher Logic Thrive.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.4.
The most common users of Higher Logic Thrive are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Non-profit Organization Management industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Customer Engagement.
- Leaderboard for Users.
- Ranking and Roles facility.
- We cannot easily replace or edit the search functionality.
- Customization is allowed but with limited scope.
- We can add localization in the latest versions but still, there are lots of limitations with it.
- Allows a safe space for community members to communicate with each other
- Offers the organization an area to provide updates that are relevant and timely to the community members
- Connect members with similar interests with online events and, when Covid allows, in person events
- It would be nice if it could integrate with non-Higher Logic marketing automation platforms to better monitor communication limits
- A more visual interface would be nice so it would be easier to maintain brand integrity
- Better analytics is always something the marketing department is looking for
- Private groups
- Private discussions
- Document libraries
- CMS for websites could be more user-friendly.
- Can be hard to integrate in some instances.
- Integration with traditional social media outlets would be great.
- Integration: Higher Logic does a nice job of integrating with our membership database and management software. This allows us to identify specific interest groups and types of members to send them targeted emails that actually pertain to them. The info then goes back into our membership management software so we can keep track in there who has opened and clicked on emails.
- Analytics and Reporting: Higher Logic's analytics and reporting are great for what we need. You can easily see a basic overview of the email performance such as open rate and click rate, but you can also drill down further to see exactly who has opened the email, who has clicked it, what links were clicked the most, etc. There is also a heat map that gives you an idea of where people clicked the most. This is especially useful for our weekly e-newsletter which contains multiple different story items because it allows us to see which types of content performed the best.
- Easy to Set Up: Each email is easy to set up and there are a lot of different formatting options. It gives you the option to just drag and drop items as needed, but then you can also edit the HTML if you'd like. Setting up A/B testing is also very simple, and so is adding in your distribution lists and interest groups.
- Intuitive: The software, in general, is very intuitive and easy to use. Things are where you think they should be and everything is easy to find within the platform.
- Customer Service: Maybe we're just unlucky, but we've had very sub-par customer service when dealing with Higher Logic. They've been hard to get in touch with, difficult to schedule meetings with, and when we finally did have a meeting with a representative, she seemed very disgusted to have to be talking with us--and then rushed us off of the call because she had another call immediately afterward (we understand things like this happen, but it was just even more discouraging after an already poor experience).
- Down Time: The platform seems to be down more often than I'd like it to be. They often have scheduled downtime for system maintenance at off-hours, and this is totally fine. But somewhat often, it seems to be down in the middle of the day when I try to login to create or schedule an email. And it takes a little while (sometimes even several hours) for it to come back up. This is very disappointing when you're trying to get something done (especially when it's time-sensitive) and have to wait around to do it because the system is down.
- Inconsistent Data: When the analytics and data are correct, it's great! But we've noticed this isn't always the case. There are several different places on the platform that report data, and sometimes they don't match up. Or the percentage data and the raw data numbers don't equal each other and are totally different, so clearly, at least one is incorrect, but how do we know which one it is? Additionally, the numbers on the heatmap are sometimes way different than the numbers in the general data report. We brought this to their attention and they said they were aware of the problem but we're working on other more important things at the moment and would maybe get around to fixing it later (this goes back to the previously mentioned poor customer service). As of a few weeks ago, I thought it was indeed finally fixed, but then again last week we noticed it was back to being inconsistent.
- Very thorough: Higher Logic works precisely as advertised and can do many things to provide insight into your membership.
- Data-driven: Higher Logic gives you a ton of insight into how customers interact with your messages. This is extremely beneficial information if you know how to interpret it.
- Price: Higher Logic is priced fairly for the features you get.
- Clunky-- Higher Logics' user Interface can use some work. At first glance, it can be tough to navigate.
- Ease of use-- it's a robust program so there is definitely a learning curve. Some of their competitors are a little better "out of the box."
- Customization-- at least from my perspective there is a little to be desired from a branding standpoint.
- Higher Logic is responsive to help desk questions or addressing problems or situations we may not understand. It's great because we always have support.
- The platform is easy to explain to members how to use. They don't have to go through a lot of steps to get set up and are able to move around the platform quickly.
- The admin dashboard (which is already going to be changing). I think the new setup will be really beneficial for new staff members who may come on to assist with the community.
- Easy to use - with just a few short informational handouts that we created in-house even our members who are less computer-savvy have been able to engage and connect on our site.
- This may seem a small detail, but when tracking through our pages of communities, the user has to manually scroll back to the top after navigating to the next page. This can be a little frustrating!
- Sometimes the load time can be slow.
- We've experienced more outages with the site than we thought we might. Our members and leadership get frustrated when this happens. They don't want a break in their communications!
- Holding their annual conference for the users; the Higher Logic User Group Super Forum. It's a great way to meet some of the people you've interacted with online or over the phone and get to the bottom of problems you're having in a relatively short amount of time.
- The online community onboarding program has been particularly helpful for me so far, while a different use than is typical, I'm new to the platform and needed extensive training to learn about and improve our site.
- Utilizing automation rules to make me feel engaged in their HUG community and encourage my participation.
- The support ticketing system has an outrageous number of options that make it almost impossible to figure out what I'm supposed to input every time I experience an issue with the platform, which causes further frustration for fear of not knowing if you are sending your concern to the wrong place.
- When moving around pieces of information on an individual's profile it automatically moves that piece to the top of the section you are working in, leading to tedious reordering or demographic pieces.
- You have to copy/paste sections when trying to edit navigation of your pages instead of a simple, intuitive drag & drop. They claim to be changing this soon.
- Customer support is reactive and communicates well.
- Sales team does a great job in providing opportunities to utilize more of their product offerings.
- R&D is always ahead of expectations.
- My only concern about the vendor is the speed at which they are growing.
- Higher Logic product managers are probably some of the best in the industry. They know their products and aren't pushy in trying to sell them to you. Don't get me wrong, they do try to sell you a product, but they understand that not everyone who is tasked with learning more is also a decision maker. That doesn't stop them from being professional and thorough in their demonstrations or explanation of fees.
- Their technical support is top notch. Not only do they work to resolve issues, they also work with you to help you with non-issues. Our initial redesign was done by an agency that worked with HL directly to set up the new site. When I was tasked with a mini-redesign this year, HL technical support offered me a lot of insight on how to best do this using just my skills and HL.
- They offer training on their platforms to ensure your success as an administrator. There is no cost and you can either go to their onsite two days "boot camp" or you can access a plethora of training videos and webinars through their online users' community.
- They work with our AMS, but the version of our AMS isn't supported for all of their products which prevents me from using some of the products they offer that would make our organization's processes much easier to manage than they are today.
- Since they are a SaaS organization, each of their products is designed to work together. This is great. What isn't great is that they don't offer any kind of bundle pricing or combined billing. So each product is billed at its own rate, individually each year. This makes it hard for smaller and non-profit organizations to utilize a large number of their products because the cost can be steep in the long run and it's a billing nightmare since you might not get the invoices for all of the services at the same time (or in our case they might not be sent to the same person(s) for each invoice).
- Integrates well with various database systems as well as email messaging systems.
- Excellent support staff. They are professional and quick in their responses.
- Security is a plus for us. Higher Logic's individual communities on each site can be as public or secure as you need it to be.
- Additional reporting capabilities for the community admin. I know they are working on this piece so it will get there eventually.
- Organizing discussions and delivering them to members in customizable digests.
- Creating tools for managing a number of engagement opportunities with constituents.
- Addressing user needs and problems with their own online community.
- The ability to incorporate community elements/widgets into external websites needs improvement.
- While useful, digest emails need to be more configurable to meet company branding requirements and to make digests more visually appealing.
- The platform needs a tool that allows users to create pop-up chat rooms with select users. It could also benefit from the ability to create spontaneous video hangouts among groups of users--more synchronous community features.
- Great resourceful Community Management
- Volunteer Manager
- HUG - Community of all other Community Managers
- Functionality: Polling. Survey. Pin Communities (certain Communities vs others)
- Report enhancement on VM.
- Better Client Example library with up-to-date resources
- Having the chat support available more often
- A user-friendly forum for members to ask questions and provide answers.
- A robust, searchable member directory for our members.
- Integration with our AMS (Aptify).
- A strong admin interface for managing the community, viewing usage stats and creating automated rules for messaging, process flows, etc.
- Top-notch customer service.
- A commitment to continually updating and enhancing their product.
- The UX for the document library needs to be improved.
- Managing committees has been our main use for Higher Logic, you can organize materials easily and facilitate discussion between calls with ease as well.
- Automation rules are an addition to the system added over the past couple of years and they have helped a ton with the day to day communications with our membership, allowing us to get more specific information out to certain segments of our membership and only having to set the automation rule up once to benefit from it for as long as you need.
- Higher Logic is really good at keeping up with current technologies and trickling that down to their user experience. They strive to consistently improve their product.
- Because Higher Logic is on the cutting edge of keeping things current as a community manager it can be really hard to keep current on all their updates and releases.
- Higher Logic listens to their clients needs and continually improves services and offering based on customer feedback to meet our needs.
- The support I receive is fast, accurate, and reliable.
- They are a great group of people with bright minds and creative ideas, and treat you like a friend who wants you to succeed.
- They really care about your success, and when you aren't completely satisfied, they do something about it.
- Some people are not as tech-savvy as Higher Logic staff and other clients, making it challenging to always keep pace with others.
- Ability to access Higher Logic through all platforms. Our members can access the Higher Logic community anywhere or using their preferred method of device.
- Continually updating software from user feedback. Higher Logic is continually updating their software product using their customers' suggestions. Not only do their updates reflect their users suggestions but it is done quickly, sometimes within hours.
- Customer support response time and intelligent employees. Higher Logic's support is fantastic. We have always received quick responses and Higher Logic's employees are intelligent and go above and beyond to resolve your support case.
- Higher Logic's own user community is very active and also provides great support and interesting ideas. The community members, themselves are creative thinkers so there are many avenues available to overcome obstacles, solve problems, or just get good ideas. Higher Logic employees are also very active on the user community website daily interacting with Higher Logic users in a positive and creative way.
- Reporting is copious but you cannot build your own reports so you may have lots of information in several different reports and have to pick and choose across several to combine manually. Exporting functionality is there but there are some reports that are only a screen shot and you cannot export them.