Return to navigation
HireRight is a background screening solution designed to support international and multinational organizations, as well as small businesses. It can function as a standalone product, or integrate with other ATS products with broader recruitment features.Read more
Read all reviews
I use HireRight to run background checks as a pre-hire process for all incoming employees. This allows us to confirm that candidates meet …
We use HireRight to perform background checks on new hires, and we have also used them to conduct both pre-employment drug screens as well …
We are required to use HireRight by the client that we work at as a pre-access item for our employees to be background checked in order …
We use HireRight when we are looking into hire new employees for our organization. HireRight allows us to keep a running database of all …
It is always important to have a background checkable platform. I love that it's easy to use, employee registration is easy, all you need …
HireRight is a partner in our industry that keeps us in compliance with our state and government projects we work on. HireRight performs …
Hire Right is used by the organisation for primary screening of any candidate. How true is the resume of a candidate - is a question every …
We use Hire Right primarily for any candidate's identity verification and credentials verification. It serves as a tool for …
We use HireRight as a background verification tool for new employees. Were in HireRight we used to upload all the certificates and …
We mainly work with State of Ohio and Hireright is the only approve BGC companies for State of Ohio Background check .We are using since a …
HireRight makes us easy for us to collect the data that we need from prospective new hires, from an HR perspective it does a lot of the HR …
To run background checks on applicants before they are hired
We are using HireRight for all our drug/background screening.
Our company uses HireRight through our ADP Run platform. It is used for candidates that we have offered positions as part of their offer …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of HireRight, and make your voice heard!
Return to navigation
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
20 people want pricing too
Return to navigation
- Tech Details
HireRight is a background screening solution. It includes a range of background checking services, and supports international and multinational organizations. HireRight includes criminal background checks, identity checks, candidate experience checks, and driving records, among other types of background checks. The product also provides tailored features for businesses in transportation, healthcare, education, retail, financial services, non-profits, and small businesses. HireRight is a standalone background checking solution, and is designed to integrate with other ATS products with fuller recruitment capabilities.
HireRight is a background screening solution designed to support international and multinational organizations, as well as small businesses. It can function as a standalone product, or integrate with other ATS products with broader recruitment features.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.8.
The most common users of HireRight are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).
Return to navigation
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
HireRight is being used by our entire organization to facilitate pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings, DOT physical recertifications, reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol screening, and random drug screening. HireRight helps us remain compliant with DOT regulations, hold employees accountable for meeting the company standards of our drug/alcohol free workplace policy, and make informed decisions about the individuals we hire.
- Paperless screenings. The ability to send an email invitation to a candidate so they can complete and submit their own background investigation information was a game changer. It has sped up our process and made the completion of the required paperwork easier for candidates. Best of all, we were able to do away with our old, manual paper packet of pre-employment forms.
- Random Drug Screenings. The batch upload option for random drug screening rosters works well and is intuitive. The selections are made accurately and in a timely manner. We have the ability to directly notify the manager of selected employees from the system, without the need for additional paperwork.
- HireRight offers a wide assortment of training options, both for users of the system as well as compliance updates. This has made it easier for our Employee Services team to stay on top of regulatory changes.
- Front line support is lacking. They take a long time to process requests, and we are often told that they are unable to assist us with items that, we know from personal experience, is within their power to do.
- Collection Site Network is difficult to maintain if you plan to add any additional sites aside from HireRight's preferred partners. Sometimes, we value convenience over minimal cost savings, and the setup time for these sites is too long. Once added to the system, there is no way for us to distinguish between custom sites and the sites HireRight has preferred terms with.
- Communication of service interruption. When issues arise outside of scheduled maintenance, we often hear about it from our users, not HireRight. When we follow up with support, we never receive ETAs for a solution, so we have no useful information to pass along to our hiring managers. It is very frustrating when the product is not working at 100% and we have no idea when we can expect it to be fixed.
Pre-employment screenings for DOT regulated drivers is still a challenge and doesn't take advantage of the online ordering options that HireRight can offer for other roles (though the DOT is equally to blame for this). HireRight really shines when we are screening individuals for roles not regulated by the DOT, or when we are using their batch upload option to process large numbers of requests at once (e.g. random drug screenings, Annual MVR pulls). In these areas, it has saved us a huge amount of time that would have otherwise been wasted on repetitive, administrative tasks.
- Improved candidate experience. Our process is now more modern and appealing to candidates, as well as easier to complete.
- Pre-employment screening times have improved, reducing our time to hire. This helps us get new hires onboarded and working faster, which is a win for our new hires and our location managers.
- Online document retention keeps confidential information secure, and reduces the paperwork and clutter we are forced to manage on-site.
I do not want to name drop the vendor we used previously, but when we were evaluating new solutions, HireRight was the only option we seriously considered. A big part of our decision to go with HireRight was that it integrated nicely with our applicant tracking system, which was previously a huge pain point for us.
To the best of my knowledge, this is not an option available to us.
Front line support, which is what our users are forced to deal with, rarely offers timely and acceptable solutions. To get good results, I often have to escalate issues to our account manager (who is wonderful). It seems as though any support request that is handled through normal channels takes far too long to be completed.