Hive Reviews

February 14, 2020

Really glad we switched to Hive

We transitioned to Hive this year as a project management tool to replace our previous provider. We needed a platform that offered a full-featured project management tool, editable request forms and a robust proofing and approval environment. Hive has all the features and more. We are using it as a department-wide hub for planning and production. It has centralized several aspects of our business that had previously been siloed from one another.
  • Project management - supports several views (Kanban, Gantt, list, etc.).
  • Editable request forms.
  • Very robust proofing and review environment - handles video as well.
  • Great communication features for updates and collaboration.
  • Client management process takes a little getting used to.
  • Cannot attach multiple files to a project request.
  • Mobile app is just not there (yet).
Hive will fit right in to any workflow that manages multiple projects. It's also a great fit for collaboration on a per-project basis as external users can collaborate with paid users. Across a very large team it would take more planning on how to fit multiple workflows and groups into the workspace but it can be done.
January 16, 2020

Very intuitive group productivity solution

Hive is being used by a few groups in our organisation to manage tasks and group projects, communicate amongst team members and across teams, and share and collaborate on files. It's made project management simple and intuitive and communication within the team easy and seamless. The intuitive and visual interface allows everyone to know easily and instantly tasks and progress.
  • Very intuitive user interface that makes project management, tracking and collaboration easy. Multiple project visualisation options (Gantt, Kanban, calendars, tables)
  • Great integration with a large number of tools
  • Mobile version stripped down
  • Would be good to track version history
Well suited for group project organisation, management and collaboration. Excellent for dynamic workflows requiring active and frequent communications among team members. File sharing and collaboration is well catered for. It is also a very good tool that allows different views of projects and customised views of one's tasks, messages, etc.
August 10, 2019

Excellent tool for project management!

We use Hive across the whole organization to manage all our different projects by navigating through its different task cards and see all the time limits so that projects don't get missed. We like the in-app chat very much and the app itself is very intuitive and very easy to use.
  • Very good design.
  • Google Drive and Dropbox integration.
  • Very easy to use. It does a great job with project organization.
  • You can't move urgent actions to the top.
  • It takes a little too much time to load up on the desktop version.
  • There's definitely room for improvement in keyboard shortcuts.
Hive is very well suited for those looking for a team communication app that has Kanban board support and you don't want to use two different apps for project management and communication. It fails a little bit when some of your team members or bosses don't have much time to read all emails, so we still haven't found a way for them to get only important notification emails.
September 20, 2019

Hive is a great asset for Accountants

It was used by the whole company to help with project management.
  • Easy to understand.
  • Simple to teach to other users.
  • Very user-friendly interface.
  • I'd like to see more integration with other software.
I think it is a great tool.
John Bianchi | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2019

Hive Management Review

On an everyday basis, we use Hive to track and manage our projects and our ongoing work for clients. I think that the primary challenge that Hive solves for us is time tracking and making sure we accurately know the stages that our projects are in. This allows us to plan ahead appropriately and to make better decisions for allocating work and knowing the workload of our team members at any given moment.
  • Time tracking.
  • Project flow tracking.
  • Information integration.
  • The Hive chat.
  • Billing transparency.
  • Ticket and Software adjustments including the Hive App.
I would say the best area where Hive can and should be implemented is in the time and project tracking systems. What I would not use Hive for is invoice tracking or financial information as pertains to the business. Also, using Hive in replacement for an external messaging system similar to Slack is not advisable. The app and the messenger feature are just not there yet.
Read John Bianchi's full review
Cameron Michael Rhoads | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 04, 2019

I'm just a bee working for the Hive

Hive is used by my team as our project management software. We build e-learning courses that rely on a lot of cross-collaboration, so Hive helps everyone keep their tasks straight.
  • Organizing tasks and subtasks.
  • Creating cards is simple.
  • Organizing projects by folder is helpful.
  • Organizing tasks by assignees could be better. It's a little cumbersome to check off each person you want. Can you group these?
  • I don't really use any view besides task view. Is there something better I could be using?
  • It would be nice if attachments showed up in a nicer format, maybe with a preview?
I love that my tasks are ordered so that I know one thing depends on another. Like, I am not going to start this task until this other one is done, and Hive lets me know about that.
Sometimes the fact that a task and its subtasks are all over the place on a status view makes my head hurt. It could be a fault of our own organization, but sometimes it's hard to keep track of what is where.
Read Cameron Michael Rhoads's full review
Tera Ogorzalek | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 06, 2019

Manage your team's workload at a glance!

We use it to track various projects within the marketing department. Currently, only about half of our department is using it, and we are intending to implement with the other half by the end of this year.
  • I am able to assign projects to specific individuals.
  • We are able to comment on projects with each other through Hive.
  • I can forward emails directly to Hive to create projects.
  • I would like to color coordinate with individuals in addition to using colors to represent tags.
Before we began using Hive, there was no project management tool being used and everyone was communicating via email. This made it very difficult to gauge the workload of the department, or to know what individuals were working on at a given time unless they communicated it.
Read Tera Ogorzalek's full review

Task Management (7)
Resource Management (7)
Gantt Charts (7)
Scheduling (6)
Workflow Automation (6)
Team Collaboration (7)
Support for Agile Methodology (4)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (3)
Document Management (4)
Email integration (6)
6.4
Mobile Access (5)
5.8
Timesheet Tracking (4)
6.1
Change request and Case Management (4)
6.4
Budget and Expense Management (4)
6.2
Quotes/estimates (3)
6.1
Invoicing (3)
5.5
Project & financial reporting (3)
5.8
Integration with accounting software (4)
5.3

About Hive

Hive Technology headquartered in New York offers their eponymous project management and process management application, providing integrations with many popularly used applications for productivity, cloud storage, and collaboration.