Reviews (1-1 of 1)
February 05, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Hiveage is a decent invoicing/billing system for a small business with features such as recurring invoices, time-tracking, quoting and more. I used Hiveage for my own business invoicing/billing for a couple of years (and moved from its predecessor) and recommended it for a couple of clients needing invoicing/billing that was easy to set up and configure for receiving payments online.
- Setting up to receive online payments from a number of payment processors was quick and easy, and the range of processors was excellent.
- Invoicing and recurring invoicing were easy and straightforward to use, and clients liked it as well.
- The entire system is user-friendly and very easy to use for anyone. It has all the basics you need for billing/invoicing for a small business and is especially ideal for freelancers.
- Mobile app still needed some work, but they were going in the right direction.
- Would like to see them add more accounting/bookkeeping functions.
- Preferred the old pricing structure vs the current one.
Read Jen Garfinkel-Canseco's full review
For a very small business or a freelancer this is an excellent billing/invoicing system. Easy to get set up and configured quickly so you can get paid online quickly. It works very well for what it is intended. But for a growing small business it doesn't have the more complex accounting/bookkeeping features you might need. There is some limitation to customization as well.
Hiveage Scorecard Summary
What is Hiveage?
Hiveage (formerly Curdbee) is billed as a simple solution for expense tracking and invoicing for small companies that do not need larger or relatively complex accounting software. Hiveage allows a user to send invoices and estimates and accept payments online, track time and expenses, set up autobilling and charge subscriptions, and manage multiple teams. Hiveage also lets users bill in multiple currencies, apply discount and shipping options, and manage taxes. Additional features include collaborative billing and monthly summary reports, financial health checks, and accounts receivable and accounts payable tables to observe finances. Hiveage is available for free as an unlimited billing / invoicing solution. Paid versions contain more automation (e.g. automated billing with reminders) and greater volume of transactions, more payment / transaction options (e.g. Stripe, Pay Pal Pro), more advanced billing & expense management (e.g. mileage), taxes, support for documents and attachments, alerts and a dashboard, and multiple account users for collaboration, for users whose implementation must better approximate a true accounting solution. For broader, paid versions, pricing is available a la carte (pick and choose features as desired, from $6.95 per month or with great variety depending on choices) or on two flat tiers (Big 5 for $29.95 per month or $299.95 per year, or Big 10 for $49.95 per month or $499.95 per year). All versions may be tried for free for 30-days.
Hiveage Technical Details