Reviews (1-1 of 1)
Score 8 out of 10
Homebase is used across our whole organization to track both employee and volunteer hours, and scheduling, as well as an area for employees and volunteers, to give positive feedback to each other, and communicate to each other about their schedules. Our managers also use Homebase to take notes about shift issues that may come up.
- Homebase provides an easy way to schedule employees. Their scheduling platform is extremely user-friendly and easy to edit once the schedule is made.
- Homebase makes it easy for employees to switch schedules on their own, a manager just simply has to approve rather than physically rescheduling both employees, this is great for any small retail business or restaurant with many hourly employees.
- Homebase makes it easy to adjust hours that have been incorrectly clocked or clockouts that have been missed.
- The messaging features in Homebase are not consistent across the platform. In the app you can mass message everyone, however using the website you cannot, at least not at the price point that we are using.
- The roles for employees and how to navigate them can be confusing especially when trying to schedule one employee in two different departments.
- The separation of departments is a bit rigid and makes it difficult for universal employees to be scheduled easily.
Read Amy DiMouro's full review
Homebase is well suited for small business owners and startups who need to track employee hours more efficiently, and who desire for their employees to be able to directly compliment each other, or have more control over the ability to trade shifts. It is less appropriate for larger businesses that have multiple departments, or businesses with few departments and employees who may be scheduled in more than one department.
Homebase Scorecard Summary
Homebase in San Francisco offers restaurant management software, featuring workforce management and time tracking with scheduling optimization and messaging, strictly for restaurants.
Categories: Restaurant Management
Homebase Technical Details