HoneyBook

Worst customer experience ever!

May 03, 2022
Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with this type of company and highly do NOT recommend this experience to anyone.

Contract management (9)

Customer data management / contact management (9)

Workflow management (8)

6.7

Task management (9)

5.6

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of HoneyBook, and make your voice heard!

$1 Promo

Month

Unlimited Plan - Annual

$390

Year

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.honeybook.com/pricing

Sales Force Automation

Security

5.9

Platform

What is HoneyBook?

HoneyBook aims to help creative entrepreneurs and freelancers book more clients, manage projects and get paid all in one place. With HoneyBook, users can automate busy work and stay on top of to-dos, saving time and money, while growing a business. HoneyBook is designed to emulate a personal assistant. The vendor states that small business owners and freelancer customers have tripled their bookings and saved multiple hours a day using HoneyBook.

They further state that a variety of small businesses have found HoneyBook helpful for booking clients, staying organized, and streamlining their business. Types of users include: graphic designers, djs, photographers, business coaches, web designers, consultants, interior designers, videographers, calligraphers, business coaches, health & wellness professionals, doulas, caterers, event planners, copywriters, bakers, florists, travel professionals and more.

HoneyBook offers features that help small business owners run their business more efficiently and seamlessly manage clients from first inquiry to final payment. These core features include:
  • Lead capture (contact form)
  • Project management
  • Streamlined client communication
  • Templates
  • Invoices
  • Proposals (invoice + contract)
  • Contracts

Sales Force Automation Features

• Supported: Customer data management / contact management
  • Supported: Workflow management
  • Supported: Opportunity management
  • Supported: Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
  • Supported: Contract management

HoneyBook Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesUnited States, Canada
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is HoneyBook's best feature?

Reviewers rate Contract management highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses HoneyBook?

The most common users of HoneyBook are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

• Customer Service.
  • Support Team
  • Onboarding
  • features
It is horrible in so many ways, mainly customer support. So, I would never recommend it to anyone. If you want to use it, it is a great way to waste money and to spend extra budget when you want to be really irresponsible with your money.
This is now a copy paste response since this platform is asking me to answer every single question. It is such a negative experience with honeybook that they even upset me while I'm trying to warn others of all the horrible pitfalls in working with the platform.
We use Honeybook to facilitate all of our contract and project agreements. Every contract we send to our employees and clients is executed via Honeybook. It helps us to keep all our important agreements in one place and the executive team has shared access to create, sign and send contracts. The templates help us save time and keep us organized and consistent.
  • Templates
  • Tasks list
  • Contract execution with signatures
  • The calendar doesn't seem to integrate well with Google
  • The timesheet can definitely use some work. You should be able to create a report by a person for a time in a specific time period.
Templates and Contracts are a good use for Honeybook.
I wish there was real-time support but even with it not being real-time, it is timely. The response is always thorough and clear to understand.
Tiffany Waddell Tate | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use HoneyBook as the main CRM for the business. We leverage it for client inquiries, invoice/proposal processing, and client management. It solved for having multiple external platforms to send contracts, onboard clients, and collect payments into one platform. It also was instrumental in streamlining automated processes early in the business lifecycle with an agile staff team.
  • Client Inquiry Management
  • Contracts & Proposals
  • Automated Workflows & Scheduling
  • Phone app in development, not as robust / intuitive as the web-based platform
I would recommend Honeybook to other coaches, consultants, and small business owners. It may not be appropriate for a large team's use, but works for the size of organization I currently own and manage. It also integrates with QuickBooks and makes financial data management fairly seamless.
Their online support is really great! I have been very pleased with the onboarding and continuous learning opportunities for upleveling use of the platform.
Ce'Erica Christine Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
HoneyBook is a amazing tool in keeping my business organized as it allows me to focus on my actual design work. HoneyBook is being used by my entire organization. I use this system to manage both clients and contractors. HoneyBook addresses my issue of keeping up with my client contact information, managing project timelines and keeping up with project files.
  • keeps up with income and expenses
  • keeps up with client communication
  • manages project dealines
  • customization to business type
  • more flexibility with taking payments on site
  • website integrations
The best scenarios for utilizing HoneyBook would be for photographers, graphic designers, wedding planners, copywriters, and videographers. I would not recommend this program for custom product designers, yoga instructors, freelancers with no clear list of service offerings, baby sitters, and personal trainers.
They are always very responsive and can access my account completely so they know exactly what issues I'm having.
I use HoneyBook as my CRM which captures leads, then I send a proposal/contract/invoice. All of my communications are handled through HoneyBook, it allows to me see if clients and potential clients have viewed information that I have sent over. For my business, which has different contracts, I am able to send the appropriate contract to the right type of client, then I am able to apply auto-recurring payments. By using HoneyBook, I no longer need to chase clients down for payments.
  • Lead capture is simple.
  • Workflows help move the client through the process so I am not tied to the computer.
  • Easy of use - you do not need to be super "techy" in order to use it.
  • It has an APP - I need to have an app on my phone.
  • Recurring payments - I hate chasing payments.
  • Email/Gmail Integration - I can answer emails in my standard GMAIL app and they are tracked inside HoneyBook.
  • I'd like to see it integrate with other email systems.
  • There are still some triggers I would like to be developed in the Workflow.
  • Better File Organization.
I recommend HoneyBook to a lot of clients. It is perfect for all sorts of businesses. Currently, I work with bookkeepers, accountants, virtual assistants, coaches and other businesses.
They have ALWAYS been amazing when I needed any type of service or help. Their concierge service is also amazing vs other services I have used in the past. I have confidence when I ask for help - both through Chat or even on their Facebook group that I will get an answer quickly.
Melody Alexander | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm using HoneyBook to help me get organized with my business. I'm a small company, so I do it all: sales, marketing, accounting, planning, and all of the work. HoneyBook allows me to automate, easily track and book my sales, find leads, and bill and send estimates with confidence. It's exactly what I needed to scale my business.
  • HoneyBook offers incredible resources to train users how to best use their system. It's informative and eye-opening to watch one of their training sessions.
  • I love how easy HoneyBook makes it to create highly professional materials that are beautiful. Its brochures and selling materials are stellar and I'm able to streamline the process without feeling like I actually have to sell my capabilities.
  • I'm thrilled with the billing system and how simple it is to automate. I love that I can see how my customers have engaged with the bills.
  • The app helps me feel connected to my leads and data while I'm away from my computer.
  • I don't have any complaints yet. I'm still so in love with the system that I haven't had any issues to complain about!
HoneyBook is perfect for creatives who need a user-friendly, professional system that matches your aesthetic. As a writer and creative director, it looks polished and allows me to automate the things that could otherwise easily fill up my bandwidth, like follow-ups and billing. It allows me to focus on being creative and doing my work. Setup was easy and intuitive, too, which was one of my biggest concerns. I have been thrilled with how easy it is to use and how much HoneyBook empowers me to do without feeling like I'm losing time I need to make sure my business is running.
I haven't had to use it yet, but the up front support I've received from HoneyBook has largely ensured I haven't needed to contact Support anyway.
Alyssa Parr | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use HoneyBook to sen[d] contracts and questionnaires to my clients. I also partially use it as a CRM system, to keep track of my clients' contact details. HoneyBook makes it extremely fast and easy for me to send all of my onboarding documents to clients immediately after our first call. With HoneyBook, I can easily update my contracts if any of my business information ever changes over time.
  • Sending sales proposals + contracts with custom payment schedules.
  • Automatic email reminders when clients have opened proposals, signed, and payed. HoneyBook even sends automated email reminders when clients haven't opened the email, reminding me to follow up.
  • A very easy-to-use dashboard with templates for invoices, contracts, questionnaires, emails, and more.
  • A place to see my sales pipeline with all of my clients, projects, and progress statuses in one place.
  • All of my branding automatically integrated into everything that I send.
  • The online scheduling tool does not work with different time zones very well. It doesn't automatically adjust to my clients' timezones and it doesn't even have many international time zones as an option! I had 3 clients in a row schedule meetings at the wrong time when I first started using HoneyBook's scheduler. I had to switch to Calendly because HoneyBook's scheduling tool was causing me to lose business.
  • The transaction fees for instant deposits are expensive.
  • [I believe} many of the features on HoneyBook are half-baked. It's marketed as an all-in-one business management platform, but I'm still using Calendly, Google Drive, Typeform, Clockify, and ClickUp because HoneyBook's equivalent features aren't as sophisticated or as easy to use.
  • The notes section for client projects does not have much space or allow for any custom formatting such as hyperlinks, bold text, highlighted text, etc. Tools such as Teamwork, Pipedrive, Asana, and ClickUp do a much better job at displaying this type of information.
HoneyBook is great for businesses that rely on sending contracts and proposals to their clients to book projects. It's great for photographers, wedding planners, graphic designers, and web designers. It can help save a significant amount of time if you set up all of your templates and workflows ahead of time.

It's probably less appropriate for businesses that sell online products through their website. Or larger companies with multiple team members.
[I feel like] HoneyBook's support has helped me sometimes, but other times they claim that their software is capable of things that it actually isn't from my end. For example, when I was having issues with the scheduler not working across different time zones, HoneyBook's support claimed that my scheduler would automatically update to the time zone that my clients were viewing it from (which it didn't).
We used HoneyBook as our client management platform. All client communication, contracts, and payments lived in HoneyBook. It was great to be able to keep everything in one platform as that helped give us a great big picture of our clients, our sales funnel, and our general statistics like booking rate, form submissions, etc.
  • HoneyBook is very user friendly. Companies or individuals can set up their HoneyBook account making use of all the features with little guidance required.
  • HoneyBook managed the payment side of client contracts and that is a huge headache gone!
  • HoneyBook helped us store client and vendor information long-term which led to referrals.
  • The inability to export client data is ultimately what led us to switch to another CRM. It was great to be able to see all client project information within the specific project, but we needed everything from contracts, to general client data to form submissions and questionnaires to ALL be exportable data and that was not an option. All information only lived in HoneyBook.
  • HoneyBook's forms were beautiful but I wish they would have been able to link to SurveyMonkey or Zapier to allow for more integrations. We might not have switched to another platform had that been the case.
Because HoneyBook is so easy to use and set up, I would definitely recommend HoneyBook to a new small business owner who is looking to collect general client information and manage clients. I would not recommend HoneyBook to a larger company or really anyone that as a standard books more than 1 event on a day (the system sees that as a conflict and sends error messages). Anyone that wants to really make use of data should not use HoneyBook as that's not what this system is designed for.
We use HoneyBook to manage all of our clients at our event company. We manage 250-300 clients a year in the software. It is primarily used by our front end office staff and management. It is used to send quotes, contracts, deposit payments, collect signatures, communicate with our clients. We also rely on this software to manage our sales process, client follow-ups and track our pipeline. This allows us to have a more effective process and positive client experience from start to finish.
  • Task reminders for leads and clients.
  • Automated emails based on workflow assignments.
  • Team collaboration isn't very strong in HoneyBook. There is the ability to assign a lead or client to another team member but the files are not assignable. This has caused confusion for our clients.
  • Reports are based on money collected in a certain month, versus events that took place in a certain month. This may work fine for certain clients but doesn't provide us what we need.
It is highly effective for managing the sales process for clients and creating streamlined lead/client follow up workflows and tasks. This is by far the greatest strength of this software. The system as a whole is very user-friendly and can be easily learned by someone with even limited technological experience. I recommend this software for anyone that works directly with a client and has a sales process to manage. It was designed for event companies (photographers, florists, DJs, caterers, etc). Where this software may be less suited is for a larger company that has a team that needs to share clients back and forth - or if one team member manages the sales process and another manages the process from booking a client to client completion. With this in mind, HoneyBook has been very responsive to my requests and has done their best to accommodate my needs. They value their clients!