HoneyBook

Worst customer experience ever!

May 03, 2022
Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with this type of company and highly do NOT recommend this experience to anyone.

Contract management (9)

Customer data management / contact management (9)

Workflow management (8)

6.7

Task management (9)

5.6

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of HoneyBook, and make your voice heard!

$1 Promo

Month

Unlimited Plan - Annual

$390

Year

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.honeybook.com/pricing

Sales Force Automation

Security

5.9

Platform

What is HoneyBook?

HoneyBook aims to help creative entrepreneurs and freelancers book more clients, manage projects and get paid all in one place. With HoneyBook, users can automate busy work and stay on top of to-dos, saving time and money, while growing a business. HoneyBook is designed to emulate a personal assistant. The vendor states that small business owners and freelancer customers have tripled their bookings and saved multiple hours a day using HoneyBook.

They further state that a variety of small businesses have found HoneyBook helpful for booking clients, staying organized, and streamlining their business. Types of users include: graphic designers, djs, photographers, business coaches, web designers, consultants, interior designers, videographers, calligraphers, business coaches, health & wellness professionals, doulas, caterers, event planners, copywriters, bakers, florists, travel professionals and more.

HoneyBook offers features that help small business owners run their business more efficiently and seamlessly manage clients from first inquiry to final payment. These core features include:
  • Lead capture (contact form)
  • Project management
  • Streamlined client communication
  • Templates
  • Invoices
  • Proposals (invoice + contract)
  • Contracts

Sales Force Automation Features

• Supported: Customer data management / contact management
  • Supported: Workflow management
  • Supported: Opportunity management
  • Supported: Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
  • Supported: Contract management

HoneyBook Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesUnited States, Canada
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is HoneyBook's best feature?

Reviewers rate Contract management highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses HoneyBook?

The most common users of HoneyBook are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

• Templates
  • Tasks list
  • Contract execution with signatures
  • The calendar doesn't seem to integrate well with Google
  • The timesheet can definitely use some work. You should be able to create a report by a person for a time in a specific time period.
  • Lead capture is simple.
  • Workflows help move the client through the process so I am not tied to the computer.
  • Easy of use - you do not need to be super "techy" in order to use it.
  • It has an APP - I need to have an app on my phone.
  • Recurring payments - I hate chasing payments.
  • Email/Gmail Integration - I can answer emails in my standard GMAIL app and they are tracked inside HoneyBook.
  • I'd like to see it integrate with other email systems.
  • There are still some triggers I would like to be developed in the Workflow.
  • Better File Organization.
Melody Alexander | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • HoneyBook offers incredible resources to train users how to best use their system. It's informative and eye-opening to watch one of their training sessions.
  • I love how easy HoneyBook makes it to create highly professional materials that are beautiful. Its brochures and selling materials are stellar and I'm able to streamline the process without feeling like I actually have to sell my capabilities.
  • I'm thrilled with the billing system and how simple it is to automate. I love that I can see how my customers have engaged with the bills.
  • The app helps me feel connected to my leads and data while I'm away from my computer.
  • I don't have any complaints yet. I'm still so in love with the system that I haven't had any issues to complain about!
Alyssa Parr | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Sending sales proposals + contracts with custom payment schedules.
  • Automatic email reminders when clients have opened proposals, signed, and payed. HoneyBook even sends automated email reminders when clients haven't opened the email, reminding me to follow up.
  • A very easy-to-use dashboard with templates for invoices, contracts, questionnaires, emails, and more.
  • A place to see my sales pipeline with all of my clients, projects, and progress statuses in one place.
  • All of my branding automatically integrated into everything that I send.
  • The online scheduling tool does not work with different time zones very well. It doesn't automatically adjust to my clients' timezones and it doesn't even have many international time zones as an option! I had 3 clients in a row schedule meetings at the wrong time when I first started using HoneyBook's scheduler. I had to switch to Calendly because HoneyBook's scheduling tool was causing me to lose business.
  • The transaction fees for instant deposits are expensive.
  • [I believe} many of the features on HoneyBook are half-baked. It's marketed as an all-in-one business management platform, but I'm still using Calendly, Google Drive, Typeform, Clockify, and ClickUp because HoneyBook's equivalent features aren't as sophisticated or as easy to use.
  • The notes section for client projects does not have much space or allow for any custom formatting such as hyperlinks, bold text, highlighted text, etc. Tools such as Teamwork, Pipedrive, Asana, and ClickUp do a much better job at displaying this type of information.
  • HoneyBook is very user friendly. Companies or individuals can set up their HoneyBook account making use of all the features with little guidance required.
  • HoneyBook managed the payment side of client contracts and that is a huge headache gone!
  • HoneyBook helped us store client and vendor information long-term which led to referrals.
  • The inability to export client data is ultimately what led us to switch to another CRM. It was great to be able to see all client project information within the specific project, but we needed everything from contracts, to general client data to form submissions and questionnaires to ALL be exportable data and that was not an option. All information only lived in HoneyBook.
  • HoneyBook's forms were beautiful but I wish they would have been able to link to SurveyMonkey or Zapier to allow for more integrations. We might not have switched to another platform had that been the case.
  • Task reminders for leads and clients.
  • Automated emails based on workflow assignments.
  • Team collaboration isn't very strong in HoneyBook. There is the ability to assign a lead or client to another team member but the files are not assignable. This has caused confusion for our clients.
  • Reports are based on money collected in a certain month, versus events that took place in a certain month. This may work fine for certain clients but doesn't provide us what we need.