- Building and deploying large scale Hadoop/Hive/Yarn/Spark clusters with hundreds of nodes in distributed environments on Cloud
- Process …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Hortonworks Data Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) is an open source framework for distributed storage and processing of large, multi-source data sets. HDP modernizes IT infrastructure and keeps data secure—in the cloud or on-premises—while helping to drive new revenue streams, improve customer experience, and control costs.
Hortonworks merged with Cloudera in eary 2019.
- 3 projects in production environemts
- Use to check distributed algorithm performance without cloud costs
- It provides a convenient way of quickly setting up a big data environment, easily setting up clusters with different configurations. It provides several security architectures that can be used as well. Since it provides a big list of components and packaged together, it is a great tool for companies to get set and utilize it for their use cases.
- Since it uses Ambari extensively to install, upgrade and manage software, it is very convenient and easy to support and operationalize the components. Alerting and notifications, ability to create custom alerts give you the capability to add any number of alerts to meet your custom needs. It provides a great way to maintain other software by creating mpacks and the ability to add custom code, and you can add other software to be managed in a centralized tool.
- The use and support of popular and useful open source software and the company's contribution to the community makes HDP a very useful tool that enables a quick, secure, easily maintainable suite of components that can help companies meet the needs of the business. What is great is that new components keep getting added based on any new useful tool that comes available, like Druid, and made available as part of the suite of components. That helps businesses keep up with new capabilities as they become available, and use them to solve their problems.
- My company is expanding our scope of data science area from traditional structured data (coded diagnosis, medication, etc) to unstructured data. Use of Hortonworks in ICU data monitoring was a good demonstration of that possibility.
- Hortonworks data platform is a fully open source product and well aligned with out development culture.
- Hortonworks business people and engineers are supportive and open minded. They played certain role of successful use of Hortonworks.
- It is difficult to have a negative impact, because the required investment is not that high.
- The big open community behind Hortonworks and related Apache Project makes it easy to put 'the wheel to meet the road' quite quickly.
- We have seen management meetings where the attendants were impressed by the results achieved with the datalake built on HDP.
- Positive ROI for streaming use cases.
- Negative impact on staffing, it will require 1-2 FTEs more than Cloudera or a BI operations team.
- Positive ROI for Ambari and the ELK stack. You will get great capabilities for IT Operations.
- Enterprise support cost is lower as compared to CDH (per node).
- Employs Committers of Top Apache Projects (HDFS,YARN,HBase,Hive,Pig, etc).
- Version upgrades require manual work.
- Improved data analysis (especially for our size of data) time by over 150%
- Increased revenue by 60% by better predicting customer needs/way they interact with the system
- Reduced developer time in crunching numbers significantly
- We have developed a strong partnership with Hortonworks.
- Ability to analyze data in a different format efficiently is a positive impact of using Hadoop.