- I have used HostGator in 2 capacities. First, in daily use, our district utilizes HostGator for our web hosting services. When our previous host became too expensive and unresponsive, we found HostGator did everything we needed better. It was cheaper and more efficient than our last host. Tech support was responsive at implementation, and there have been very few times we've needed to contact support since the product is stable and reliable.
- I've also used HostGator in another organization through which email services are provided. In this capacity, I also find it stable, and it offers a variety of email clients to help fit our needs the best.
- The Control Panel for web hosting is very user friendly.
- Tech support is always responsive.
- Tech support is responsive and helpful, but not without a special pin code. Since we need tech support infrequently when I do, I can never find that pin. It would be nice to have a quick client verification system.
- Publishing updated pages are quick but could be faster by eliminating a couple of extraneous click.
HostGator is well suited for small businesses and personal use. We have a small public school district, so I can't speak to large applications, but it is perfectly priced and managed for our size.
Support for us is rarely needed, which speaks to the stability and ease of use of the service. However, on rare occasion, we've needed support. It has been responsive and helpful. The online chat feature with a real support agent is a key reason for that.