Score 6.0 out of 10

What is HostGator?

HostGator, from Newfold Digital (formerly Endurance), is a web hosting service with WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting capabilities.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of HostGator, and make your voice heard!

Hatchling

Baby

Business

What is HostGator?

HostGator Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.7.

The most common users of HostGator are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

HostGator is a nice hosting platform that offers you a more one-on-one environment because of the smaller platform size. It's been great using HostGator because I have not experienced any issues with them. HostGator has been proven to be a very great competitor in the hosting environment. We use them for a variety of our clients and have never experienced an issue with them.
Hani Esmael | TrustRadius Reviewer
i have purchased a windows hosting plan and there was issue with domain name being registered and it got pointed to the hosting plan as well as attempting to add 2 other domains to the hosting plan when communicated with support it was supposed to cancel the incorrect domain name and register the correct one and fix the hosting plan accordingly, they kept going on loop on how it takes 24/48 without taking any action to change and not even fix on the account was provided until it gets propagated accordingly and after 5 more communication with the support team they only changed the primary domain on the host to yet another incorrect one and only to get it right on the second after 2 days of going back and forth with them about it and refused to cancel the incorrect domain and told me it was non refundable while one of the support team said it will be cancelled as I requested the same day as the incorrect domain was registered yet there is another error to add the other 2 domains when attempting to add them there is error produced "DNS Name already exists" while its not showing in the Plesk to work on when attempting to contact them again the response was oh we don't support this service which was windows Plesk service and yet the issue persist to this day and not being solved every communication is "will add note to admins to help get it fixed" and yet no action is being taken
We used HostGator to host our websites. We didn't have a lot of traffic going to the site so we needed a cheaper hosting option and went with HostGator. We reviewed a bunch of other web hosts and this fit what we needed the most for the price. We also got a really good sign-up promotion so it was a great deal.
I use HostGator's reseller shared hosting for client websites and a couple of my own sites. I use it for less-trafficked websites and lower budget clients. HostGator's shared hosting allows for a cheaper alternative to VPS hosting while sacrificing speed where it isn't needed. The service's uptime is very decent and a good value overall for the money.
My company uses HostGator as our web host. Their services have been exemplary and they have almost 100% uptime. Part of our reason for choosing them was their cPanel access, which I find very intuitive and full of value added features. Our website is WordPress-based, and HostGator makes updating our site a very straightforward process.
Doug Skinner | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I have used HostGator in 2 capacities. First, in daily use, our district utilizes HostGator for our web hosting services. When our previous host became too expensive and unresponsive, we found HostGator did everything we needed better. It was cheaper and more efficient than our last host. Tech support was responsive at implementation, and there have been very few times we've needed to contact support since the product is stable and reliable.
  • I've also used HostGator in another organization through which email services are provided. In this capacity, I also find it stable, and it offers a variety of email clients to help fit our needs the best.
November 20, 2019

Jamie likes HostGator

My client required a new website, domain, and Webhosting. The company wanted to keep the website operations within one company platform as much as possible and at a reasonable cost, and after some extensive research and advice from colleagues, she decided on HostGator for domain and Webhosting, and the HostGator website builder to create and maintain her new website.
HostGator provides the company with internet hosting. The company started using HostGator several years ago on a shared server, and gradually upgraded to a dedicated server. It hosts my website, and the websites of some clients. It was chosen based on price, as the business owners were capable of providing their own tech support.
I used HostGator to host my most important websites. I chose HostGator because it is one of the most popular hosting services. It offers a very affordable cloud hosting service which is faster and more reliable than traditional shared hosting. I used several hosting plan types on HostGator. I like the Business Cloud hosting the best because it offers hosting for unlimited websites and unlimited bandwidth.
We use HostGator for our current website and hosting and for over one hundred client's hosting and servers. It solves the hosting problem of our clients. They need quality hosting and HostGator provides this. They also have servers that have a great price and high quality. You can't go wrong.
Dan Gospe | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use HostGator to host our website, and to provide automated backups of the website. We get our SSL certificate through them, and also have their SiteLock add-on for providing an additional piece of security. To manage the site, we use their cPanel interface. Until about a year ago, we also had them hosting our email addresses but we migrated off of that plan, and retained only the website services.
Steven Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using HostGator for my business and personal domain for well over 10 years. I use HostGator's services for my website, emails, Moodle platforms, and custom projects. I've set the members as well to use their services. I have also used HostGator to manage my domains. Their service has been solid and reliable.
HostGator was one of my first web hosts about ten years ago. They were and still are very affordable. We stopped using HostGator about seven months ago, though, had been using another hosting company for a few years previous to canceling altogether with HostGator. Initially, HostGator solved hosting needs along with PHP support and cPanel access.
Jack Kingsman | TrustRadius Reviewer
HostGator is being used to host ~10 WordPress, Drupal, and static site installations along with ~15 mailboxes and multiple forwarders. For certain clients, backend usage of PHPMyAdmin for direct database manipulation was used to build and administer custom applications within their sites. DNS is not used, but almost all aspects of vanilla hosting (i.e. no value-add components like CloudFlare) are used.
Jennifer R Glass | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a web hosting company reselling HostGator's services to our customers. We had made the decision to become a web hosting company initially because of our eCommerce clients that we process their credit card payments for to ensure that they were processing via a secure method. From there, since we had the extra capacity, we made the service commercially available to others and have been happy with the service.
HostGator has allowed our business to host our own website and host our clients' websites. It's been a great solution to not hosting MySQL and PHP on our own servers. The management fees for what you get are a great value.
I use HostGator for my personal website and a few freelance sites that I've created for clients. When we need to select a hosting provider for a client I've found that HostGator has very competitive product offerings, competitive pricing, and often has excellent promotions.