HostGator

HostGator Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Doug Skinner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Support for us is rarely needed, which speaks to the stability and ease of use of the service. However, on rare occasion, we've needed support. It has been responsive and helpful. The online chat feature with a real support agent is a key reason for that.
November 20, 2019

Jamie likes HostGator

When setting up the account and getting started, we needed direct support on a number of occasions. It was pretty good. Phone and email support were generally better than online chat support but got needed help. But what's important is that direct support is always available to us. The only thing that keeps me from giving a higher rating is that a few times we were given a sales pitch to go with one of the other HostGator-supported web designing software as if there was an internal competitive sales challenge going on (and maybe there was). Felt like a diversion.
While you will get support from HostGator, it seems to be a different level from 8-10 years ago. It may take 15-20 minutes to get someone on chat, and unless you follow up, I've found followup email support to take a couple of days. If you stick with it, though, you will get support, and I've never had a problem they couldn't help with.
They have an extensive knowledge base, and when I run into an issue that they have not posted about, it is easy to get in touch with somebody who can help me with my question. They offer multiple points of contact and are very responsive—which, in the rare event I have an issue with my service, is critical.

What is HostGator?

HostGator is a web hosting service with WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting capabilities.

HostGator Pricing