Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Hotjar, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
Hotjar is a conversion rate optimization tool for digital marketers. Features include heatmapping, visual session recording, conversion funnel analytics, form analytics, feedback polls and surveys, and usability testing.
The tool is used by digital analysts, UX designers, web developers and product marketers. Hotjar was acquired by Contentsquare September 2021, and is now a Contentsquare brand.
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- Helped to information from testing roadmaps. With the data, we were then able to improve conversion rates for clients.
- Simplified reporting.
- Allowed us to provide additional insights to our clients.
- Difficulty in troubleshooting issues without a customer care line.
- Over-reliance on hotjar recordings rather than soliciting dedicated research on a feature.
- Time-consuming to parse through so many user videos.
- easier a/b testing
- integration with other apps
- better workflow
- helped us keep tabs on our website ux
- helped us determine if our member portal was easy to use
- helped us determine what new features we should add
- Increased customer satisfaction - they like the improvements we've made
- Increased sales leads
- Massively improved the usability of our website based on reviewing the sessions that Hotjar has recorded.
- I couldn't put a dollar figure next to it but it certainly helped us improved our retention & expansion numbers with our current clients
- Hotjar has helped us to innovate more quickly. What used to take us a week or so to send a survey through email and get responses, we can usually do in a day or so.
- Recordings have been great in helping us to know what are the biggest problems ad tackling those first. I can truly say with out recordings, we would have tackled the wrong problems or, honestly, would never have known.
- We can increase conversions
- A user's time-on-site is increasing
- Bounce rates are reduced
- ROI increased 28% in one of our sites by understanding user's behavior
- Some key content were moved to a better place on many of our sites, providing a better experience and more revenue
- I would say it has a huge impact on ROI, basically, it helps you in tweak your product as per audience requirements.
- The better you know your users, better will be sales.
- Surveys can help you plan in advance how and what feature to release.
- Identifies issues which often lead to dropouts
- With the help of Hotjar and other CRO tools, we have increased our returning users by 40%, which was a great result for our team.
- Only positive ROI
- Improved usability
- Improved accessibility
- Better navigation
- More conversions
- easier rollouts
- real time product feature improvement
- Pretesting landing pages for performance campaigns had a huge effect on the conversion rates
- Collecting data about beta testing some features for product teams
- Proving to some clients with hard data, that some important elements need to be on a specific part of the page
- Page Optimization
- Important learnings for new pages and forms
- We were able to increase engagement of our landing pages
- Bounce rate was reduced
- Very little impact on page load time due to script
- Our conversion on events grew 10% with use of specific cohorts from hotjar
- We've used Hotjar to convince many clients of the efficacy of moving over to long-form landing pages for their paid search campaigns
- We've used Hotjar as a sales tool to sell entire website redesigns
- With insights from Hotjar, we've streamlined our own site and eliminated sections that weren't getting any traction where they were
- our customers increased by 1%
- we could increase our conversion rates during the last years
- we understand our customers better
- we can identify areas on our website that need improvements
- Increased sales conversions
- Allowed me to change my copy
- Took annoying elements out of my web page
- provide user with better UI/UX by getting user data
- provide data on user interactions