Reviews (1-25 of 34)
- Ease of use for new employees. It is fluid and easy to navigate.
- Ability to recap and review throughout training. It is simple to revisit different videos if training questions persist.
- Customization testing is great. It is easy to customize and update testing to keep up with an ever changing restaurant landscape.
- Test question answers are hard to program because of so many variables in answer typing/spelling.
- Programming is not fast because of having to jump around so many different tabs to navigate the site.
- Would like to see a more streamlined site in general.
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Review: "The search is over for the perfect training software"
- Ease of use - this product is so easy to use! Building courses, curriculum, tracking, etc.
- Tracking - we FINALLY have a way to track tests and completion of courses! An absolute LIFESAVER.
- Accessibility - it seamlessly works on all platforms (iPads, computers, cell phones).
- Syncing - I have run into some errors with employees not syncing over from HotSchedules.
- Testing: The testing that HotSchedules Train provides is great because it allows you to create your own questions and answers providing multiple different types of questions.
- Organized: The organization of this training system is very well put together. Being able to break down your training into curricula, course, lecture, on the job training. The system also allows you to create different categories for different curricula.
- Reporting: At Hickory Tavern we are big into the reporting this system offers. We can view reporting any way we would like to. By location, job code, individual, course, curricula, you name it. This makes it easy for the training department to see where our training lacks.
- User accounts: HotSchedules Train has each user in the system by first and last name which is a great tool but this becomes a problem when you have more than one person in your company with the same first and last name. Maybe they should identify by email instead of name so accounts of users with the same name do not merge together.
- Copying Course or Test: Throughout the system you see the option to copy a course or a test but then the only place you can "paste" is within that same course or test. If I am creating two different courses or test that are similar it would be easy to use this function if it were designed a little better. Instead to "copy" a quiz you need to add all questions to a pool. In order to "copy" a course you would need to just create a new one from scratch.
Most of the time customer care is great when helping with troubleshooting. I think maybe extended training is necessary for the customer care team though because I have sent emails or been on the phone with people in that department that it became obvious to me that I knew more about the system than they did. I have also called into customer care before to ask for help and it was a Hotschedules representative that answered (not Schoox in particular) and they had no idea what Schoox was. If they are not trained in troubleshooting that system they should at least know what it is and who to transfer me to for help.
Other than the small issues with customer care not living up to expectations Schoox has been a wonderful tool for us as well as a major paper saver! We used to print all of our training and send it to all of our locations for training. We now have 27 locations with about 120 team members in each location, that is a lot of paper. Thanks for that Schoox!
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Review: "How 1 person can train 1700 employees in 19 different locations."
- Using the App for training as well as On the Job Training (OJT) checklists. Our trainees and trainers can work from a shared checklist on all the key training areas to make sure everything is covered.
- Creating courses and curricula is very simple. The ability to pull websites into the training course has made managing the course data very simple for us.
- The reporting page is very simple to navigate and looking up the progress of a trainee takes seconds.
- Auto-assigning courses and curricula to new hires has made it very simple to begin training at the store level. No new procedures for the managers to learn to get a new employee started. Jobs pull right from the POS and the necessary courses are assigned based on the job.
- Looking up an individual employee's progress on line is very simple and intuitive. But finding the right report for training is not and can take lots of time to find what you are looking for.
- The mobile app needs to have more of the social features like the Leader Board and creating a new message.
- We have 9 different concepts in our training academy, I would like to be able to restrict the courses and curricula to those that only apply to specific concepts. Similar to how the content can be assigned to different units.
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Review: "A good addition to your training initiatives with today's workforce"
- Customization so we can make the information interactive.
- We can make updates instantaneously in the case of new operating procedures or products.
- We can track and report each location and users progress to ensure the information is being reviewed and it also provides a time stamp.
- Making reports easier to export and add more information for reporting. i.e. by department.
- Identifying which content is for which users. Some content cannot be hidden from everyone - and we don't want everyone to see it.
- The ease of use and mobility getting from course to course and, if needed, moving backwards.
Less suited: Having a server actual spiel and 'wait' on a table.
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Review: "HotSchedules Train powered by Schoox - A great addition to the HotSchedules Portfolio"
- Easily navigable
- Easy at-a-glance reporting
- Easily add content
- Difficult to troubleshoot SCORM issues - there's no apparent error or log to check
- Would like to see reporting/admin functions available on the mobile app
- Sometimes customer service pushes back on integration issues for you to solve as opposed to working together to solve issues on their end with integration
- Makes it easy to create effective tests, great template for creating questions
- User friendly for uploading documents or attaching links to websites
- Already comes with a lot of great videos for training that can be used
- This was recently updated I believe, but navigating the website can be difficult. There was no back button
- As far as I can tell you can't copy tests into different courses. So if I want to use a test I've already created in a different course I have to make it again
- While some of the videos are great, most of them are too convoluted. They should be short and sweet, to the point. Once they get too long you lose the employee's focus
- Detailed testing for each dept
- Accountability for tests not taken from a tracking standpoint
- And rewards points to employees who have taken the tests
- Once a test is written it is very hard to change the percentage needed to pass the test.
And being paperless
- Schoox is easy to use. Creating, editing, and assigning courses is easy, and saves time.
- Progress can be converted to an Excel sheet. Easy to edit, and post for staff to see.
- Schoox provides the administrator the freedom to customize training courses to the needs of the organization.
- Uploading a PDF can sometimes be challenging no matter the size of the file being uploaded.
- Question formats on quizzes don't all work the same between mobile devices, and desktops.
- Across the board, we can see where things have been completed and in what locations they are not being completed. We can see an overview of what scores are on testing which allows us to see where our training may be lacking.
- When we have a new roll out such as a new drink, we send out a video to all on how the drink is made and the correct garnish.
- We send out general notices on Schoox as well. So, for example, we are rolling out a new wellness program. We send out new notices for opportunities for taking advantage of the program.
- We wish that we could print out the test so that people who are not computer savvy could take it in the written form.
- Would like to have a feature where if the test is not passed by a certain date they cannot clock in without an over ride.
- Would like to add picture to the title of new training class.
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Review: ""If You Want Efficiency You Want HotSchedules!!!""
- The ability to release and pick up shifts. Helps out a ton in the aspect of communicating between managers and employees in terms of picking up or dropping shifts.
- The Schoox Training Program. You're able to setup your own online curricula. Love the ability to have a pre-training for new employees and employees that are getting promoted.
- The ability to see your labor in certain sections of the bar. You can really fine tone how much you're spending on labor!
- Wish Schoox had the ability to block out shifts for those who haven't completed their online curriculum.
- I wish Hot Schedules could have some type of cross platform. We run 3 different venues so it would be nice if employees didn't have to create multiple accounts to access their schedule. Logging in and out of multiple accounts can be a tedious process especially if you forget one of your passwords to your accounts.
- I wish the HotSchedules had more manager functionality for editing the schedule or approving shifts. You can get the full website on your phone, but it's a little hard to work with.
- It is extremely easy to build simple courses and tests using SMEs and not professional developers.
- The UI is extremely easy to use and the help files and support documentation allow one to complete work within Schoox without needing much training.
- The integration with our HRIS system was very easy to do.
- I wish there were an easier way to set up dashboards for regional trainer reporting.
- Not all of the features work well on mobile devices (e.g. polls).
- I would like to have access to more administrative features on the mobile app.
- The reporting feature is great for follow-up.
- The training allows communication via text or video.
- I like that you can use the courses across different curriculums.
- I don't like the fact that you can not add content to a course without it changing existing team members' scores to incomplete. I want to add (not replace) a video or document and it only affects future team members, not existing ones.
- I wish that assigned curriculums were easier for new team members to identify. People get confused from what is assigned/required and want is available (extra course or curriculums available to everyone but not required).
- You are able to create your own content for your employees. We predominantly use our own created content. This helps us customize to our specific needs. It also enables us to update items that may have changed without starting over.
- You are able to track completion rate. This helps to hold our employees accountable to the trainings that still need to be completed.
- You are able to see all your employees scores. This way you can see what an average passing score is for the employees.
- Employees earn a score as the complete modules. This tracks/ranks the employees which creates a spirit of competition between them.
- Be helpful if you could assign multiple training to multiple employees at the same time.
- The Leader Board which gives some friendly competition could be placed in a more visible spot on the Home Page of HotSchedules Train powered by Schoox.
- A way to link outside training that are State required.
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Review: "Great product - needs a little work to be an AWESOME product."
- Ease of use - have all the manuals in one place. Quizzing is graded right away and the manager knows where they stand. Very easy to build in the platform.
- Reporting/Recording of history - I can look at a snapshot of any manager who has used Schoox and see how they are doing at any time. Also keeps a record of the past performance.
- On the Job Training - allows for our managers and trainers to sign off on performance, give a ranking and put in notes.
- Currently, in order to review quiz questions with a manager taking the quiz, you need to go to the computer to review. You cannot review using a mobile device. This is very inconvenient.
- The On the Job Training is very useful. However, currently, I cannot connect it with a workgroup manual. It has to be at the bottom of the course. Since the way I use it is teaching about a certain workgroup.
- Scrolling - I wish we didn't have to scroll through a manual or use the arrows at the top to get to a certain section in a manual. It takes a lot of time. I have some manuals that are more than 70 pages and to get to the last page is a pain.
The use of videos is where I see us really benefitting from the use of Schoox. We can create videos of recipes being made, cocktails being made, a server folding a napkin, a busser clearing a table etc.
- Provides a good structure for outlining training.
- Takes advantage of employees using mobile devices to train and uses far less paper.
- Allows for editing materials relatively easy to keep things up to date.
- Signing up employees to your curricula and courses is awkward because it is based on email which is not used very much by the younger generation.
- Monitoring as a manager is not efficient. I have to spend a lot of time clicking into individual courses to see progress.
- There isn't much structure for a role of trainer that is built in. You can manipulate the system to make it work, but it should just be a checkbox to make someone a trainer.
- Lack of reporting. Ideally as a manager, I would like to get an email report summarizing what my new employee accomplished in training each day. I would like my trainer to be required to put in a few comments and make sure everything that the employee was supposed to do that day is completed.
- No connection to scheduling - The badges they earn for passing a curriculum should show up next to their name in the scheduler for HotSchedules.
- No timeline - It would be nice to be able to layout a basic timeline and connect courses to those days. For example, a server trains for 5 days and on day 3 I want her to complete a food quiz, the system should group the courses so that is possible.
- No WYSIWYG editor. I would rather build the training materials for reading in the schoox rather than have to maintain a library of files somewhere else.
- There should be a separate log in or landing page for setting up and designing the courses. The current layout is very clunky and very slow to work with. If you are working with a couple hundred courses, it gets very time consuming to click through all the hoops to get to what you want. Someone needs to study how managers actually interact with the system when setting it up. I'd love to give you some designs if you are interested.
- For companies with multiple concepts, the first thing that Schoox should ask when logging in is 'Which Concept do you want to work with' then proceed forward only showing files, courses and curricula related to that concept. This would help shorten lists and make things easier to understand for employees that are new.
- The system grades all the quizzes so managers and team members do not have to.
- Train provides an easy way to create new training material and reaches all your current employees.
- The navigation of the site is confusing and hard to get from one place to another.
- The report dashboard is a bit confusing.
- Easy to use and manage.
- Easy to track employees progression in their training.
- No loss of communication.
- An auto reset on a training course when a new hire has failed an exam would be more convenient.
- The ability for all managers to reset the failed courses would be helpful.
- Under individual profiles, it is messy and hard to filter through. Maybe a better layout featuring all their tasks along with progression report.. Maybe a list of what issues they struggled with (what questions were missed) so the managers can see what areas need improving?
- Maybe a report card of strengths and "areas of improvement".
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Review: "If You Don't Use HotSchedules Train powered by Schoox - You're Complicating Your Processes"
We also utilize HotSchedules Train for quizzes and testing as well as being able to see the analytics on where our employees are in training, how they're comprehending what we're teaching, and see how that translates into the actual locations.
Of course, this doesn't replace our current training program but it was a seamless transition and our employees absolutely love this new style of learning. It's super easy to teach people how to use it and can be used anywhere and everywhere.
Lastly, it was amazing to have courses already made which came with HotSchedules Train/Schoox to minimize the time having to create courses and finish up necessary certifications almost instantly.
Make the videos short and concise - 2 minutes or less to drive home important aspects of the training.
- Uploading of courses
- Great built in materials
- Auto assignment
- Test formats are not ideal - no fill in the blank
- Account setup doesn't always work
- Employees often get confused to which courses are theirs, they do unassigned courses
- Training - You can create and customize a training course for any department.
- Ongoing training - As people advance in their positions you can invite them to learn more details of their jobs by posting videos or training courses to watch from the comfort of their homes.
- Navigating is sometimes difficult as with some employees I can see their accomplishments and go back and others I have to click back on admin and then manage members.
- I think for businesses not using the publish for others to see outside of their company you could have a tier without all the "extras".
- If you add to a course that somebody has already completed 100% it should not make them re-take the additional information unless you specify so.
- I am able to select either specific users or jobs based on the material I am training on.
- It allows deadlines to be set, so if we are rolling out new menu items and we need everyone to view the material prior to the go-live date.
- I think it can be less complex, meaning there are too many levels of things which can make it complicated to understand as an administrator.
- The interface can get a little busy.
- The ease of uploading documents or slideshows or videos for new training courses. This is the most important part of training, the content. [It's] Personalized to our company's needs to make us as successful as we can.
- The ability to track every enrolled person's progress. It has date and time stamps, percentage complete, etc. You can also set deadlines that they must complete by. This is a plus for fast paced companies that need precise updates at all times.
- The support team for HotSchedules Train is amazing. I speak to a real person every single time. They are in a positive and upbeat mood every single time. They have solved my problem almost every single time. The only time they didn't solve my problem was because it was a function that didn't exist yet. I get a follow up email that summarizes our discussion, in case I did not take proper notes. This team is a serious wealth of information and problem solving.
- Ease of access. You can access this tool anywhere, anytime, from any piece of technology. In the office we use it on our desktops. In the field they use tablets and cell phones. All processes work.
- There is a functionality that I thought existed but does not. The ability to copy old training and paste it into a new course. This would help because we personalize training based off location, but the bulk of the training stays the same. To be able to start with a fresh slate with no student stats in the course would be beneficial. Right now you can copy and paste into the same course. I want to be able to start a new course with documents already uploaded and exams already made. Then I could make minor tweaks and push out immediately.
- I have trouble understanding the organization of where to find courses. I find myself clicking the "content" tab, then the "me" tab, and finally the "training" tab. I would want a little more clarity in those descriptive words.
- I would want to see some improvement in the ease of getting to the course dashboard. Once the course is made and assigned, that's the most important area that we go to. Right now it's multiple screens to get there. Perhaps if, once the course is made and assigned, the button jumped to the top of the first screen once you hit "manage course" that would be great.
- I would be interested in seeing a side by side of how courses translate from a desktop view to a tablet or smart phone view. So after (or during) the course being built, showing what it looks like to remote users.
- The ability to send a reminder text about a course, as opposed to a reminder email. People all communicate in different ways. This would bridge the gap to those that primarily use texting.
- The ability to maintain a streamlined message
- integration with hotschedules, specifically with importing and managing users based on job codes
- Automated features for getting information to new hires and new roles
- Clunky interface, not as intuitive as other competitors
- Curricula and courses differentiation is often confusing to new users
- Strange conversion of certain PDFs
- We'd love to see the ability to customize our academy a bit more to make it more on brand
I don't believe that Schoox would be well suited for a smaller company because 1) the cost/price associated 2) with a smaller team keeping the message consistent is much easier
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Scorecard Summary
About Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Video
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Competitors
Clarifi Talent Development by HotSchedules Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|