Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of HPE ProLiant DL, and make your voice heard!
- Tech Details
- Remote management is excellent. The newest iLO software is really good and has more than enough options to satisfy most datacenter needs.
- Uptime! These machines just keep trucking and don't need much care and feeding, even with mechanical drives where they're used.
- Centralized management is a breeze.
- Provisioning has been good for some time and has gotten even better recently.
- Security is good and very rarely are the units in need of an urgent security update.
- iLO Advanced - I feel like this is just a money grab. Give me the remote features, at least the remote console, with the purchase. I'd be OK with paying for the advanced license for more centralized functionality, but straight remote sessions? That should just be there.
- Software entitlements and online interaction are a little wanting. This isn't the hardware per se, but enterprise products are often heavily tied to online services and tools and that could be a lot better.
- In a 3-4 year span, we've had maximum uptime and zero or near-zero interruption to services and platforms.
- In cases where we've engaged HPE support, they've been exceptional. I think we had one incident where a tech did not appear as promised (within the contract window) and when this was pointed out HPE made it right and had someone onsite ASAP.
- Lowered cost of operation - we basically buy these and let them depreciate out. Properly spec'd, there's very little need to open them up for any reason.
- iLO Remote Management is great! It's my favorite feature by far.
- Installation and mounting are excellent and the product feels built to last. Racking and installation is simple with these units and zero tools are required in most cases.
- Hardware maintenance and replacements are easy because the server is designed with this in mind. The worst problem I face most days is not having enough cable length, forcing me to carefully unplug everything on the rare occasion a box needs to be cracked open.
- The basic iLO license has morphed into a money grab. You can watch a system boot, then it boots you once it enters the loaded OS. That seems ridiculous.
- Storage controller cache battery is hard to get to on some models.