Huawei Ethernet Switches
Huawei Ethernet Switches
Currently, Huawei Ethernet Switches in our Metro network in all regions where we are present, to do fast routing in layer 2, and we use …
The Huawei Ethernet Switches come in multiple versions, but we use them throughout our organisation because they are easy to install and …
Huawei switches are part of several solutions installed within the company (CANTV), for example in the case of the modernization project …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Huawei Ethernet Switches, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
Global company Huawei IT, headquartered in Guangdong, China, offers Ethernet switches.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Currently, Huawei Ethernet Switches in our Metro network in all regions where we are present, to do fast routing in layer 2, and we use the ERPS protocol as a resilience protocol for round links.
We also use CPE equipment for large customers who need equipment that can deliver better quality service delivery.
With Huawei Ethernet Switches we are able to solve problems of high availability, performance and simplicity in scalability in our Backbone.ed equipment that can deliver better quality service delivery.
- High throughput links
- Redundancy of links with resilient protocols
- Fast switching in the event of a redundant link failure.
- Traffic engineering
- Transport of multi services in the same infrastructure.
In large DataCenter networks, where the need to forward large volumes of data, where there are several services implemented.
In the CORE of Metro networks, where there is a need for equipment that has the capacity to support large volumes of traffic and also in Backbone that need redundant links.
The Huawei Ethernet Switches come in multiple versions, but we use them throughout our organisation because they are easy to install and maintain. The switches have perfect throughput, with all the network features we require. The PoE capabilities our switches have allows us to power phones and other devices without the need for a dedicated power outlet.
- There is little to no bandwith loss
- Power-over-ethernet is a welcome feature
- VLANs can be configures easily
- One of our switches encounted a hardware defect after 6 months of use (but was replaced within warranty)
- The switches appear to get hotter than what I would expect under normal use
Huawei Ethernet Switches are perfect no-nonsense network switches that can be used in any internal network. They are especially helpful if you require PoE functionalities or if you need to configure network settings manually (e.g. static routing, VLAN). There are no real-life situations I can think of where these switches would not be suitable
Huawei switches are part of several solutions installed within the company (CANTV), for example in the case of the modernization project of the international platform, 2 pairs of the 5300 series lanswitch were used in each location (Caracas and Barquisimeto), for them the generated traffic was directed during the management of other Huawei teams (Msoft, SBC and UMG)
- Good technical support
- Its configuration is very similar to the Cisco switches
- The cost of the hardware is acceptable but the licenses of use are expensive and in the end its price equals or exceeds the switch of other brands.
- There are functionalities that should be available in the standard version and when they are trying to enable, Huawei support indicates that they have an additional cost which causes inconvenience and difficulties at the time of implementation
- the performance of the equipment is inferior to those of other brands although it is decent.
Huawei switches are ideal for cases where performance is not essential, for low traffic solutions and for equipment management. It is not recommended for situations of high performance and stress, immediate availability and high scalability. It is also not advisable to use them in solutions that involve hardware from other brands, the integration of Huawei with Cisco, for example, is very traumatic and the results were not optimal in my case.