Reviews (1-3 of 3)
We wanted to consolidate customer data from all sources—our point of sale, Pipedrive CRM, Drip (marketing automation), Front (2-way digital communication), SpectrumVOIP phone, site tracking via Segment—and create a single source of truth for true segmentation based on behavioral activity, purchase RFM data, and create life-cycle automations through all marketing channels. Hull was able to import most of this data, but it was unable to dedupe, nor could it reconcile contact records cross-platform or otherwise. Proper segmentation was impossible.
- Data visualization from Segment
- Integrates with multiple tools
- Webhook integrations
- Tagging via Zapier
- Needs a deduplication engine
- Needs to be able to perform bulk and automated data cleansing (unified data is messy)
- Needs to integrate with more tools
- Needs to be able to be tailored to different use cases, such as a retail/ecommerce use case, with RFM metrics
Read Tim Berman's full review
I'm not really sure where it is well-suited because it cannot actually unify customer profiles without deduping.
June 21, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
We use Hull as a way to surface the data from our back-end systems into Slack and into various other tools. It is primarily used by Sales and Marketing but plays an important part with Support. We had a problem being able to quickly understand the activity in a customer/prospect account and Hull allows us to call out specific emails/accounts in Slack and drill into the information in an easy to digest manner. We use Segment for all our back-end stuff and Hull ties directly into segment for a seamless integration.
- Slack integration - we revolve around slack as our central comm hub and having our customer information surfaceable is just gold.
- Making back-end data easy to read and digest - there is a lot of data that gets generated by our customers and it's impossible to sift through without Hull consolidating that information for us.
- Customer support - we have only had a couple issues in the many months using Hull and it's always been a quick resolution. They use Slack to support BTW which I love.
- I am not sure about new features, if they are rolling out or what!
- It might also be valuable to see the responsiveness of things triggered through Hull, sometimes data takes a bit longer than expected to trigger a workflow (but never really more than a minute so not a huge deal really...)
Read Ted Bennett's full review
If you are a fast scaling team using segment and slack, Hull is a must. For your sales reps trying to understand the activity of customers/prospects/users of your applicaiton, there is no easier way to surface that information than using Hull. We've been thoroughly impressed by the wide use cases and integrations Hull can offer and we use it many times a day. 100% would recommend this tool.
August 14, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
We use Hull primarily for marketing purposes currently, although we're anticipating expanding it to some features. Our core use is to serve as a data lake where we enrich any prospect records, record anonymous IP visits, and house our complete customer profiles. We then push out select fields to both HubSpot and Salesforce.
- Good fit for our SME marketing/ Sales Tech stack. Integrations like HubSpot and Clearbit are native and easy to use within Hull- and it was one of the only providers that fit that criteria when we were vetting options.
- Ease of Use. Hull is fairly intuitive for a casual user. The only real questions that came up for us were doing the data-mapping phase when we mapped fields against Hull.
- No database to maintain. A critical selling point for us, and something which has freed up a fair amount of engineering time on an ongoing basis has been that Hull, unlike Segment, didn't require us to maintain a database.
- Double-Counting some data refreshes: In the early days of Hull (March '17 ) we had cases where data refreshes were sometimes double counted, which potentially could have been been a problem given that in that they do have a usage based model. It never incurred extra costs for us and the customer success team at Hull was responsive whenever we found instance that are usage was higher than normal.
- Improvements to Knowledge Base/ Training: The product development speed at Hull has been fairly rapid, which has been a great thing, though materials on how to use the product have lagged behind. We encountered a few issues automatically pushing data fields between Hull and HubSpot where we had to remap fields based on whitelist/ blacklist logic. While it was fairly easy once their customer support walked us through it- we probably would have been able to set it up on our own with customer success material.
- Increased number of native integrations: They've been adding new integrations and deepening them pretty regularly, but it would be great to see them continue to add integrations. In the meantime, we found workarounds for just about everything, however, with Zapier and Segment.
Read this authenticated review
Hull is definitely the leading CDP for the small to mid-sized business in which the marketing team wants or needs to have a fair amount of autonomy from engineering, or when it's unrealistic or cost-prohibitive to use internal engineering resources to maintain the marketing database. It's also a great choice for companies who are trying to bring newer and smaller best-of-breed elements into place in their marketing--enabling you to sync customer data records to CTAs/ Chat scenarios/ Email Service Providers, or any type of 3rd party campaign tools. It's probably not the best fit for companies trying to stay in a larger Marketing Cloud Ecosystem, e.g. Adobe/ Oracle.
Hull Scorecard Summary
Hull offers a customer data platform that promises to collect, transform, enrich, filter, search and segment customer data across various tools.
It is a real-time rule and action engine that aims to provide SaaS and Ecommerce businesses with more control over their customer data.
Store all customer data in one consolidated profile. Install connectors to gather data from any tool.
Loop in 3rd party providers to store more data about customers.
Compute additional properties for each customer, such as the fact that they once belonged to a given segment, or the total of several properties.
Create more precise customer segments in realtime based on any property or event. No arbitrary limitations.
Send enriched customers and uniform audiences to other tools and software products.
Categories: Customer Data
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Hull Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||65%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||5%|
Hull Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Hull Technical Details