Reviews (1-14 of 14)
October 02, 2019
We use Hunter at Workable in order to capture contact email and phone information. It is primarily used by the sales team, and associated researchers, to great effect. With Hunter, we are quickly and easily able to find contact information that other tools might have missed. It is great for getting the email domain correct and helping to determine the structure of the first half of the email e.g. first name + last name@...
- Provides email domains very well. While some companies have a different domain for their "email@example.com", Hunter is able to find the domain that is being used by individuals at the company.
- For American contacts in particular it is very good at finding personal phone numbers.
- Helps to enrich the contacts that might be in a company by providing a confirmed list of employees.
- As an extra - I really like how easy it is to use. You can input the contacts name and copy-paste from the chrome extension quickly and easily. This saves a load of time when you are trying to find the right address.
- Recently I have found the Hunter chrome extension to be a little "buggy". For example I sometimes have to open Hunter in a new tab in order to input a contacts name. This is a recent bug though and something I have never had trouble with in the past.
- While it is great for finding contacts when all the email formats are the same, it doesn't give options to try additional email formats in their search bar. This is a little frustrating as the tool itself shows the different formats listed in the drop down of suggested contacts.
- Information isn't always up to date. I'm not sure how they pull their contact information so I don't have a suggestion on how to improve this currently.
Read Fraser Murphy's full review
The scenario we most commonly use Hunter for is to quickly find and retrieve contact email information. Phone numbers are an added bonus, but they tend to only be available for contacts in the US. SDRs have the extension in order to confirm or to help them "guess" as to what a contact's email address might be. This speeds up our prospecting time considerably. Where Hunter falls short is not being flexible where companies have more than one email format.
October 30, 2019
Hunter is used across the sales function at my company. Through extensive searching across various databases and websites, we have found that Hunter provides the simplest and cleanest user experience to search and find for a prospect and/or client's email address. It truly solves the problem of not knowing an organization's email cadence.
- Providing email cadence across an organization
- Suggesting contacts within an organization
- Offering a Chrome extension to find contacts
- Seamless integration with Salesforce would be great
- The same type of integration with Google Sheets for an Excel plug-in
- Suggested alternatives when unable to find/verify a contact's information.
Read Matthew Bernstein's full review
Hunter is best utilized when a salesperson is looking for the direct email address for a contact. This is a common issue for salespeople, and Hunter does a great job of efficiently solving it. Simply knowing the company's website/domain name is all you need to uncover the email cadence for the company, and it's usually very accurate.
October 03, 2019
I used Hunter to track down emails for prospecting and finding the right contact information within target organizations. There are a number of different tools similar to Hunter though this one was used by most of the organization. Finding the right email address is critical in sales so it served an important need.
- Very good at finding email addresses if you know the domain name
- Updating contact information within a CRM
- Very good for sales teams and SDRs
- Not particularly accurate if you don't have the correct domain main
- Companies that use unique formats for email addresses often create issues
- Information is sometimes outdated compared to other tools
Read Judah Ross's full review
Works well if you are looking for a cheap easy to use tool to start prospecting.
September 28, 2019
As an SDR, we are constantly finding ways to prospect new leads for qualified clients and Hunter is a great platform to utilize in achieving our objectives.
- Narrows search of businesses.
- Narrows search of emails.
- Narrows search of potential other business to seek out.
- If the narrow process was more user friendly would be nice.
- Provide accurate info for profiles within system.
- integration with LinkedIn profiles would be nice.
Read Kimball Lybbert's full review
Hunter is great for sending out cold emails to companies that you are targeting.
October 30, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
I am a top regional seller at a national media vendor. Individual sellers (not on the management level or the support level) use Hunter in order to properly identify and verify email addresses of prospective customers. Hunter significantly facilitates the ability of our sellers to contact prospective clients in order to establish initial contact and relationships.
- Provides an accurate list of email addresses for users at target domains.
- It is able to identify e-mail addresses for almost every website. It's rare when a website does not have email addresses associated.
- Even if an email is not previously identified, Hunter can be used to verify the address as long as you are able to discern the email format (ex: first.last).
- Hunter is only as valuable as the information it is able to scrape from the internet. If a company has not listed any email addresses online, then Hunter is not going to be able to find it.
- Sometimes Hunter is only able to identify non-personal-specific email addresses (ex: info @, support@, etc.). This makes it difficult to identify personnel emails
- Sometimes companies will have different email domains that Hunter is not able to correlate. For example, when searching for an email address at Lead.com, Hunter is not able to point to ParentCompany.com email addresses that would be more useful.
Read this authenticated review
Hunter is a great tool for anyone in sales, especially if your job involves hunting accounts. Hunter does a great job of providing the proper email format (ex: first + last name @ website.com) for the vast majority (90%+) of target websites. The verify function is also invaluable as it allows sellers to confirm a lead's email address, which saves time and improves efficiencies.
October 23, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
We utilize this tool mainly in our sales efforts. It used by our business development and account management team. It is resourceful in locating contact information quickly online. It provides us typically with contacts email addresses.
- Locates contact information.
- Locates patterns of how many times that contact's name comes up online.
- Identifies contacts by job title.
- Sometimes contact information is outdated or incorrect.
- Job titles and names are mismatched.
- Sometimes doesn't locate our target contact.
Read this authenticated review
Hunter is well-suited for sales and finding contacts within a company. It's not particularly useful in recruiting efforts.
September 30, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
The entire sales department uses Hunter to confirm valid email addresses prior to adding them to a cadence. This solves the issue of emails getting bounced and then rectifying the issue, which saves us a step.
- Pretty accurate - shows the likelihood of that email working due to the number of sources that this email was found
- It would be nice to see the percentage of this email working
- Organised by the most likely to work to the least
Read this authenticated review
It is great in sales/marketing for lead generation and for outbound propsecting. Would love to see this implemented/directly connected to LinkedIin and Salesforce.
November 24, 2018
Hunter is used by both the sales and marketing teams at our company. The sales and marketing teams use Hunter.io to find relevant contacts at key prospective target accounts. The sales team leverages the Google Chrome extension to look up the email format of companies and then searches for key roles within the organization.
- Hunter provides a quick and easy way to look up the email format for any company using the free Google Chrome extension.
- Hunter allows you to upload a bulk list of emails and verify them easily.
- Hunter shows where verified emails were found on web pages and PDF documents. This shows that the emails were published by trusted sources.
- Hunter.io's UI is a little clunky and it would nice to have a bigger expanded UI view compared to opening up a brand new tab each time a search is expanded.
- I'd love to see a save feature for Hunter.io. This would save users a ton of time and keep them more organized.
- It would be great if Hunter.io synced with Salesforce LinkedIn Navigator and my CRM, SharpSpring.
Read Zach Ettelman's full review
Hunter.io is very well suited for any sales rep who is building out lists of contacts for email outreach, or for marketer's looking to reach out to PR and marketing contacts for link building campaigns. The tool is a great free option if you are doing targeted, 1:1 personalized outreach and you need a few contacts. The tool can be expensive if you are needing to reach thousands of people. A paid version of Hunter.io is not a great fit if you already pay for another list building source such as Data.com or Discover.Org.
January 08, 2019
I am in sales, where I am constantly searching for contacts at the companies to utilize our media options to advertise their product or service. Finding the right person and email is extremely important and Hunter will quickly allow me to scrub the internet resources to confirm an email. Since I've been using Hunter, there have been new additions like the "verified" feature which is great. As a Hunter salesperson myself, this is an extremely valuable tool on a daily basis.
- Verifying email addresses for people at a particular company.
- Easy to use.
- The bulk feature is really nice and will help clean up your data to input in your CRM.
- I say with confidence, this product does everything I need it to do in my role.
Read Daniel Cameron's full review
Hunter is well suited for outbound emails to prospects in a sales organization.
May 17, 2019
I was using Hunter to find E-mail addresses of prospects.
Read this authenticated review
Well-suited in scenarios where you are searching Linkedin for potential prospects but not being able to find an email listed anywhere.
June 08, 2018
Score 6 out of 10
We use and have recommended Hunter to create a list of leads for our massive lead generation campaigns for our clients. Usually w,e use it together with a CRM pipeline and it works like a charm in a very efficient way to improve efficacy in the sales department of our clients.
- Create lists of lead semi-qualified for outreach campaigns using other tools like Typeform or Salestools.
- Be able to browse leads based on specific web domains.
- Be able to send the lead internally to our CRM.
- The tool lacks of importan information of leads. Very limited attributes are presented when searching.
- The service needs a better self integration process with CRMs.
- There are no good bulk options to look leads and integrate data into CRMs.
Read Rodrigo Rojas's full review
Hunter works perfectly for companies using a CRM or whatever other software involving customer data, to grow the list of leads you may need. Also, Hunter is perfect to add leads massively for your outreach email campaigns. However, it needs some improvement to show more attributes other than the name and email.
Hunter is not sponsored or paid for by my company. However I know through word of mouth many of my colleagues and I use it regularly. Hunter was at its best when it sat on my LinkedIn profile! Boy those were the good ol' days, then LinkedIn gave them a cease and desist order and the service has not been as good or valuable since.
- Anytime I need an email address from a website Hunter is my first choice.
- Hunter uses Chrome extension and I love the convenience and speed of the responses I recieve.
- It's a great tool I use everyday
- There have been times when I've search Hunter for an address on a website and it came back with no results. Then If I search the site I've often found an email address or two. So I'm curious why it wasn't able to find it with the tool, even when I could on my own?
- I'm not sure what the reasons were exactly why LinkedIn ordered the cease and desist, but I had hoped they two companies could come to terms or that at the least LinkedIn would acquire Hunter. But alas, it's not been the case.
Read ★ Kevin Thomas ★'s full review
If you only are going to use one tool to search for emails, perhaps Hunter isn't the best. But I certainly recommend it as one of the tools in each sales pro's tool belt.
May 03, 2018
I use Hunter in combination with another free platform to perform email research on the qualified prospects. It's especially useful when you do ABM and aim at reaching a number of people within the same company. If that's the case, you can simply place the name of the target company, click Search, and the list of all people's emails available will show up on your screen in just a few seconds.
- Email research
- Provides the highest match
- Provides a guess of a company's name in case you don't know the web address. The email extensions do not always depict a full company's name.
- Hunter doesn't always result in data you are looking for.
- It gives a limited number of searches monthly for free.
- It no longer integrates with LinkedIn.
Read Ksenia Newton's full review
Hunter is excellent when you have a limited budget, a small marketing team as well as a small pool of people you are trying to reach.
We use Hunter to validate leads email and to uncover the email address of new prospective clients.
- Email Discovering. Just give Hunter first, last and domain of your prospect and it will give you back their email address.
- Validation of prospects' email addresses. Hunter helps us reduce the bounce rate to below 8%.
- Lack of integration with SalesLoft seems like a basic miss.
- Hunter makes heavy use of former data and it won't do a "great" job uncovering emails for less known domains.
Read Pablo Povarchik's full review
Hunter is great to obtain the email addresses of your prospects, either individually or in bulk. The best use is early in the sales process, where you are typically creating a list of contacts to reach out to.
Hunter Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Hunter is an online tool for finding and validating work email addresses, based on company domain. Users can search for people by name and domain within the hunter.io web interface, or use a Google Chrome extension to find/validate email addresses associated with the company website they're browsing. The free version allows 100 requests (aka searches) per month; paid versions allow for 1K-50K requests per month, plus the ability to export email addresses in a CSV file.
Hunter Technical Details