Hunter.io - the seamless email verification Chrome extension every salesperson needsHunter is used by both the sales and marketing teams at our company. The sales and marketing teams use Hunter.io to find relevant contacts at key prospective target accounts. The sales team leverages the Google Chrome extension to look up the email format of companies and then searches for key roles within the organization.,Hunter provides a quick and easy way to look up the email format for any company using the free Google Chrome extension. Hunter allows you to upload a bulk list of emails and verify them easily. Hunter shows where verified emails were found on web pages and PDF documents. This shows that the emails were published by trusted sources.,Hunter.io's UI is a little clunky and it would nice to have a bigger expanded UI view compared to opening up a brand new tab each time a search is expanded. I'd love to see a save feature for Hunter.io. This would save users a ton of time and keep them more organized. It would be great if Hunter.io synced with Salesforce LinkedIn Navigator and my CRM, SharpSpring.,8,We only use the free version of Hunter, so any leads we get results in an immediate positive ROI. This tool saves our sales team an incredible amount of time and thus saves us several hours, and the associated opportunity cost, as we build out lists to get new prospects in the funnel. Hunter verifies emails, helping us save our domain rating and ensures we aren't getting into more spam inboxes.,Data.com,Hunter.io as a tool does not provide any large, customized reports for all the leads you are interested in. Rather, every interaction happens on a micro level within the Google Chrome extension. Hunter.io, however, does enable you to upload a list of bulk emails and then the tool verifies the emails. This is essentially a yes/no report on whether the email has been found within their database.,Data.com, Marketo, Salesforce Analytics CloudHunter ReviewWe use and have recommended Hunter to create a list of leads for our massive lead generation campaigns for our clients. Usually w,e use it together with a CRM pipeline and it works like a charm in a very efficient way to improve efficacy in the sales department of our clients.,Create lists of lead semi-qualified for outreach campaigns using other tools like TypeForm or Salestools. Be able to browse leads based on specific web domains. Be able to send the lead internally to our CRM.,The tool lacks of importan information of leads. Very limited attributes are presented when searching. The service needs a better self integration process with CRMs. There are no good bulk options to look leads and integrate data into CRMs.,6,Definitely Hunter has built lead lists for our clients in a very fast way for our clients. It has managed to cut the times of preparation of lead lists in more than 200% of the time compared to other traditional ways. Our clients can now have tons of leads and deliver contents in a faster way to validate these prospects.,,Actually, there are not enough reports you can manage inside Hunter since it is a tool more oriented to create leads. The real reports you may be able to build them inside your CRM as soon as you add attributes for your new leads. There should be some reports to measure the quality of the leads that you get.,Pipedrive, Typeform, ZapierGreat tool when you need to find an email addressHunter is not sponsored or paid for by my company. However I know through word of mouth many of my colleagues and I use it regularly. Hunter was at its best when it sat on my LinkedIn profile! Boy those were the good ol' days, then LinkedIn gave them a cease and desist order and the service has not been as good or valuable since.,Anytime I need an email address from a website Hunter is my first choice. Hunter uses Chrome extension and I love the convenience and speed of the responses I recieve. It's a great tool I use everyday,There have been times when I've search Hunter for an address on a website and it came back with no results. Then If I search the site I've often found an email address or two. So I'm curious why it wasn't able to find it with the tool, even when I could on my own? I'm not sure what the reasons were exactly why LinkedIn ordered the cease and desist, but I had hoped they two companies could come to terms or that at the least LinkedIn would acquire Hunter. But alas, it's not been the case.,10,Positive to be sure. I don't always get the results I want, but I use the free version and I'm satisfied to go there first when I need an email It's a fast quality product. It was better before when it resided on my LinkedIn account, but that's another matter...,,I don't use Hunter for reporting or list building.,SellHackNew Prospect List research with a zero budgetI use Hunter in combination with another free platform to perform email research on the qualified prospects. It's especially useful when you do ABM and aim at reaching a number of people within the same company. If that's the case, you can simply place the name of the target company, click Search, and the list of all people's emails available will show up on your screen in just a few seconds.,Email research Provides the highest match Provides a guess of a company's name in case you don't know the web address. The email extensions do not always depict a full company's name.,Hunter doesn't always result in data you are looking for. It gives a limited number of searches monthly for free. It no longer integrates with LinkedIn.,10,I was able to build new lists of qualified prospect to use in my email marketing programs. It's free.,,I don't generate any reports. I use Hunter to research emails for the cold email marketing campaigns.Find your right contact fast!Hunter is used across the sales function at my company. Through extensive searching across various databases and websites, we have found that Hunter provides the simplest and cleanest user experience to search and find for a prospect and/or client's email address. It truly solves the problem of not knowing an organization's email cadence.,Providing email cadence across an organization Suggesting contacts within an organization Offering a Chrome extension to find contacts,Seamless integration with Salesforce would be great The same type of integration with Google Sheets for an Excel plug-in Suggested alternatives when unable to find/verify a contact's information.,8,Making it easier to reach out to leads Qualifying the validity of contact information Verifying the deliverability of any email address.,LinkedIn Sales Navigator,I am not typically generating reports with Hunter. My main use for Hunter is using it within Google Chrome, where I am able to utilize both the website itself and the Chrome extension. I have used Hunter in Google Sheets as well, where it is helpful in analyzing a report and finding contact info for those listed on the Sheet.,Apple iCloud, Google Cloud Storage, Slack
Hunter

Hunter Reviews

Hunter
Filter 16 vetted Hunter reviews and ratings
Zach Ettelman profile photo
November 24, 2018

Review: "Hunter.io - the seamless email verification Chrome extension every salesperson needs"

• Hunter provides a quick and easy way to look up the email format for any company using the free Google Chrome extension.
  • Hunter allows you to upload a bulk list of emails and verify them easily.
  • Hunter shows where verified emails were found on web pages and PDF documents. This shows that the emails were published by trusted sources.
  • Hunter.io's UI is a little clunky and it would nice to have a bigger expanded UI view compared to opening up a brand new tab each time a search is expanded.
  • I'd love to see a save feature for Hunter.io. This would save users a ton of time and keep them more organized.
  • It would be great if Hunter.io synced with Salesforce LinkedIn Navigator and my CRM, SharpSpring.
Hunter.io is very well suited for any sales rep who is building out lists of contacts for email outreach, or for marketer's looking to reach out to PR and marketing contacts for link building campaigns. The tool is a great free option if you are doing targeted, 1:1 personalized outreach and you need a few contacts. The tool can be expensive if you are needing to reach thousands of people. A paid version of Hunter.io is not a great fit if you already pay for another list building source such as Data.com or Discover.Org.
Read Zach Ettelman's full review
Rodrigo Rojas profile photo
June 08, 2018

"Hunter Review"

• Create lists of lead semi-qualified for outreach campaigns using other tools like Typeform or Salestools.
  • Be able to browse leads based on specific web domains.
  • Be able to send the lead internally to our CRM.
  • The tool lacks of importan information of leads. Very limited attributes are presented when searching.
  • The service needs a better self integration process with CRMs.
  • There are no good bulk options to look leads and integrate data into CRMs.
Hunter works perfectly for companies using a CRM or whatever other software involving customer data, to grow the list of leads you may need. Also, Hunter is perfect to add leads massively for your outreach email campaigns. However, it needs some improvement to show more attributes other than the name and email.
Read Rodrigo Rojas's full review
★ Kevin Thomas ★ profile photo
May 25, 2018

Hunter Review: "Great tool when you need to find an email address"

• Anytime I need an email address from a website Hunter is my first choice.
  • Hunter uses Chrome extension and I love the convenience and speed of the responses I recieve.
  • It's a great tool I use everyday
  • There have been times when I've search Hunter for an address on a website and it came back with no results. Then If I search the site I've often found an email address or two. So I'm curious why it wasn't able to find it with the tool, even when I could on my own?
  • I'm not sure what the reasons were exactly why LinkedIn ordered the cease and desist, but I had hoped they two companies could come to terms or that at the least LinkedIn would acquire Hunter. But alas, it's not been the case.
If you only are going to use one tool to search for emails, perhaps Hunter isn't the best. But I certainly recommend it as one of the tools in each sales pro's tool belt.
Read ★ Kevin Thomas ★'s full review
Ksenia Newton profile photo
May 03, 2018

Hunter Review: "New Prospect List research with a zero budget"

• Email research
  • Provides the highest match
  • Provides a guess of a company's name in case you don't know the web address. The email extensions do not always depict a full company's name.
  • Hunter doesn't always result in data you are looking for.
  • It gives a limited number of searches monthly for free.
  • It no longer integrates with LinkedIn.
Hunter is excellent when you have a limited budget, a small marketing team as well as a small pool of people you are trying to reach.
Read Ksenia Newton's full review
Matthew Bernstein profile photo
January 16, 2018

Hunter Review: "Find your right contact fast!"

• Providing email cadence across an organization
  • Suggesting contacts within an organization
  • Offering a Chrome extension to find contacts
  • Seamless integration with Salesforce would be great
  • The same type of integration with Google Sheets for an Excel plug-in
  • Suggested alternatives when unable to find/verify a contact's information.
Hunter is best utilized when a salesperson is looking for the direct email address for a contact. This is a common issue for salespeople, and Hunter does a great job of efficiently solving it. Simply knowing the company's website/domain name is all you need to uncover the email cadence for the company, and it's usually very accurate.
Read Matthew Bernstein's full review
Pablo Povarchik profile photo
March 01, 2018

"Hunter helps reduce email research time and bounce rates."

We use Hunter to validate leads email and to uncover the email address of new prospective clients.
  • Email Discovering. Just give Hunter first, last and domain of your prospect and it will give you back their email address.
  • Validation of prospects' email addresses. Hunter helps us reduce the bounce rate to below 8%.
  • Lack of integration with SalesLoft seems like a basic miss.
  • Hunter makes heavy use of former data and it won't do a "great" job uncovering emails for less known domains.
Hunter is great to obtain the email addresses of your prospects, either individually or in bulk. The best use is early in the sales process, where you are typically creating a list of contacts to reach out to.
Read Pablo Povarchik's full review

Hunter Scorecard Summary

Advanced search (4)
5.8
Identification of new leads (3)
6.7
List quality (5)
List upload/download (4)
Ideal customer targeting (2)
Load time/data access (5)
9.4
Contact information (5)
Company information (4)
Industry information (2)
5.5
Lead qualification process (3)
Smart lists and recommendations (3)
5.7
Salesforce integration (1)
Company/business profiles (3)
4.4
Alerts and reminders (2)
3.6
Data hygiene (3)
Automatic data refresh (2)
Tags (1)
Filters and segmentation (3)
5.3
Sales email templates (1)
Append emails to records (1)

About Hunter

Hunter is an online tool for finding and validating work email addresses, based on company domain. Users can search for people by name and domain within the hunter.io web interface, or use a Google Chrome extension to find/validate email addresses associated with the company website they're browsing. The free version allows 100 requests (aka searches) per month; paid versions allow for 1K-50K requests per month, plus the ability to export email addresses in a CSV file.