October 02, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Read Fraser Murphy's full review
Pros and Cons
- Provides email domains very well. While some companies have a different domain for their "firstname.lastname@example.org", Hunter is able to find the domain that is being used by individuals at the company.
- For American contacts in particular it is very good at finding personal phone numbers.
- Helps to enrich the contacts that might be in a company by providing a confirmed list of employees.
- As an extra - I really like how easy it is to use. You can input the contacts name and copy-paste from the chrome extension quickly and easily. This saves a load of time when you are trying to find the right address.
- Recently I have found the Hunter chrome extension to be a little "buggy". For example I sometimes have to open Hunter in a new tab in order to input a contacts name. This is a recent bug though and something I have never had trouble with in the past.
- While it is great for finding contacts when all the email formats are the same, it doesn't give options to try additional email formats in their search bar. This is a little frustrating as the tool itself shows the different formats listed in the drop down of suggested contacts.
- Information isn't always up to date. I'm not sure how they pull their contact information so I don't have a suggestion on how to improve this currently.