It is being used by the IT department. Our first implementation was for the Employee Terminations process. It was estimated to save us 15 man hours per week at the time we initiated the project. We are also in the process of adding requests for Multi-Factor Authentication resets.
- The ability for the RPA Analyst to document an existing process
- The ability to use the RPA Analyst project to create a project in RPA Designer
- The ease of learning workflow actions & concepts in RPA Designer
- Understanding the infrastructure and all the components (e.g. Activities, Manager, Designer, Conductor, Database, Login Service) was difficult at first
- Understanding the compatibility between versions of all the components was difficult at first
- New versions of Activities are being rolled out at a rapid pace, therefore, not understanding compatibility between components can make change control cumbersome
Hyland RPA is well suited for highly repetitive manual processes. It works really well with more modern web applications. It is more difficult to work with older client-server applications where fields, buttons, and links may be harder to identify, but with time and experience using the tools, most problems can be resolved.
Hyland has been very responsive to our support tickets. They have consistently responded within their SLA.