Our scope of …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Live virtual machine backup (60)8.686%
- Live virtual machine migration (63)8.282%
- Hypervisor-level security (63)8.181%
- Management console (68)7.878%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Hyper-V, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Easy to spin up on devices.
- Low barrier to entry on personal devices if hardware permits.
- Great training tools.
- Hyper-V helps to reduce the data center infrastructure cost and physical server count
- Hyper-V maintains the load balance of physical servers
- Resource scalability
- Hyper-V allows us to create the multiple VMs on a single physical server
- ROI was high, we were able to consolidate our DC.
- Going from standalone to Hyper-V saved us a lot of management overhead.
- Flexible virtual machines.
- Run multiple operating systems.
- Secure virtual machines in its own isolated space.
- One host server's network issue that related physical servers firmware issue made all servers occur network issue, cluster storage down and network session issue and so on.
- Hyper-V is easy to use and manage multiple data migration processes.
- Cloud services Automation and easy virtualization product.
- Reporting and data source functionalities are very reliable.
- Secure data management and easy data extraction platform.
- With Hyper-V implementing new software or rules on a test, beds take fewer resources and time which is a great bonus.
- Virtual SAN management and Virtual Switch management make it easy to manage network and storage options.
- Editing the disk option made us resize disks on the fly and saved us maintenance, production time, and costs.
- It's integrated in the Windows 10/11 OS. No additional costs.
- It costs less time to setup reproductions when using virtual machines.
- Because Hyper-V licenses were essentially free, that allowed us to have multiple Hyper-V-based hosts for our business needs.
- Ease of use - the people who manage Hyper-V were able to do so very quickly because of the ease of use of the product.
- Well defined research lab environment improved 10x productivity.
- Isolated test results without any bias improved 10x results.
- Low/no cost makes ROI very attractive.
- The fact it already exists on most server installs means little to no downtime for deployment.
- Minimizes costs as upgrading RAM is much cheaper then additional servers.
- It brought down our virtualisation cost.
- It integrated in our Windows Domain.
- One less OS to worry about.
- Hyper-V has helped us retire servers that were over 10 years old.
- Hyper-V simplified server management, returning precious time to IT staff.
- Low cost
- Easy virtualization deployment
- Great security.
- My datacenter has not needed to get any bigger even though I added 30 servers
- Less power consumption as well as cooling
- Easy to do maintenance on hosts with Live Migration
- It cost too much while using this.
- It increases the productivity ultimately helping us to generate more revenue.
- Flexible, able to handle multiple workloads.
- It has compatibility with Windows.
- Cost of licensing the product in comparison to other alternatives.
- Setup is sometimes confusing and VMware knowledge does not always translate well.
- It is completely worthwhile because the license of Windows Server includes the possibility of installing two virtual machines.
- Makes it possible to maximize the use of the owned physical resources.
- Having separate virtual machines with different services makes the infrastructure more scalable.
- If you need more than 2 virtual servers the costs grow a lot.
- No licensing fees allow for more testing
- Basically no support, you're on your own
- Very easy to use
- Lessened Server Sprawl
- Made things simpler
- More agility
- Saved power and battery
- Hyper-V has allowed us to take a small IT room and have it server up dozens of servers despite the lack of space available for hardware.
- Since it is basically free, any return from its use is a positive return on investment and the lessened power usage is a great way to show this when considering Hyper-v.
- We have had many instances of host machines blue screening or rebooting on their own and the clustering capability of Hyper-V, when used with Windows systems, has allowed these issues to be invisible to users.
- Saving on hardware
- Saving on maintenance time
- Cost reduction and TCO.
- Improves business agility.
- It's free, so there is no big investment.
- It improved business continuity.
- Hyper-V is competitively priced, and has allowed some of our clients the ability to create a successful, stable virtual environment that supports day to day operations.
- Patch Tuesday has previously been a major downside, however the alternatives also do require host reboots when significant patches are required, or downtime associated with VM reboots if not the host. It is starting to level off.