April 27, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
Hyrell is being used by my client to find, select, and hire job candidates. My client is a fast growing software company. Hyrell is being used across the company. The client required an Applicant Tracking System to successfully launch that next wave of hiring. The solution needed to have a solid method to advertise jobs and a strong communications framework. Hyrell met all of the requirements including being easy to use and has a strong and simple work flow.
- Email communication: Hyrell makes it easy to effectively communicate with candidates, either one at a time or in bulk. Hyrell uses a concept of a general hiring manager to prevent your personal email box from being flooded. It does a good job of keeping the communications within the tool.
- Interview scheduling: The ability to setup a calendar and have candidates pick their available times for an interview is a remarkable time saving feature. Since two candidates cannot pick the same slot, it avoids those embarrassing calls to ask to reschedule due to meeting conflicts.
- Job board: The Hyrell job board was easy to setup and brand with a similar corporate identity.
- Account management: Very professional customer onboarding approach. The initial training is strong as well as the ongoing learning opportunities. There is regular contact to ensure that you are getting the most out of the hiring platform.
- The only real challenge was the sales process. It was very bumpy and made it difficult to initially select the product. Once we finally got our questions answered, the client did a trial. That went very well, so the bumpy sales process was forgiven. Although the pre-sales experience was not completely positive, the post-sales experience has been very strong.
- The scheduling interview features has native support for in-person interviews and phone - different build-in templates. A nice feature to include would be to have a template for video, e.g. post a link to a video meeting room. Integration with the leading video/meeting solutions would be handy so you don't have to create the meeting link outside of the tool. It would be handy as we do a lot of video meetings (offer phone if the candidate cannot do video for some reason).
- A bit of a nit, but one area lets you create stored custom views of candidate lists. This is great to see exactly what you want to see. The only problem that is once you create a custom view, you cannot delete it. You can rename it and even change what it does, but not delete it. Seems silly to be able to create a view, but not delete it. Very minor, but that could be improved.
Read Jordan Janisse's full review
Hyrell has been great for my client which has one real simple requirement - find candidates who will be successful. Hyrell has a good balance of ease of use and feature set. Hyrell posts to Indeed and that platform has brought in many qualified candidates. The soft skills questions, hard skills questions and virtual interview do a great job helping candidates self-select out of the application. Once applications are submitted, the hiring tools are available to further manage, organize and eventually find that special candidate.