iApplicants is an online application tracking system designed for smaller businesses.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Oi/2J/5FR6F0JGG2HB.PNGLove iApplicants!In a large organization it is difficult to cull candidates for limited job opportunities fairly and without a tremendous amount of labor. The tests we use in our department have been used to help evaluate many times with excellent results and are quickly administered.,The screening for our job applicants is excellent, I have tested it by using a group of people I knew to gauge it's effectiveness. It was spot on, it knows who the team players are and who the lone wolfs are, and the applicants can not fool the test. The supplemental activities are excellent as well. I have a few that I use routinely and while they appear easy, in their simplicity many people get overconfident and make a mess of them, which is in itself an excellent indication of their lack of job skills. In addition, I have had excellent customer service any time I have contacted iapplicants. They are responsive and do whatever they can to help you.,They could communicate new features better. They could advertise better to the education industry, no one really knows about them.,10,For us it is totally positive it does not cost a lot and we use it all the time and the product works.,,PowerSchool Student Information System, PowerSchool RegistrationUnless you LOVE shuffling paper and data entry, you need iApplicants!We use iApplicants office-wide for our own recruiting. HR posts and pre-screens applicants, adding a status code for candidates hiring managers need to review. Hiring managers log in, add their own notes and status codes to communicate next steps to HR. This process continues with multiple phases we have built into our recruiting process. It eliminated hundreds of emails, paper copies of resumes, and allows us to communicate quickly back to applicants via the built-in email tools. We also implemented a community hospitality job board about 4 years ago since our mission is to promote economic development. iApplicants will set up employer accounts for us under our 'umbrella' job board, but they also were also very accommodating to allow me to set them up myself if the need arises. iApplicants has been very responsive and accommodating to every request I've ever made of them in the 8 years I've been a customer -- one of THE BEST vendors I've ever worked with.,Innovation - iApplicants partners with other related businesses and develops tools to streamline processes. Their integration makes sense - e.g. integrated background checks or HR software integration. Responsiveness - I don't think I've ever had a response that was beyond 24 hours of my request. Training and Updates - The dashboard offers tutorials at your fingertips. Updates/announcements are displayed upon logging in. I appreciate having it there as a constant reminder, but without getting a lot of email notices that clutter my inbox. Customization - I love that we can brand the application for a professional recruiting "portal" and add additional details about our company. Additional customizations are accessible to me as an end user via the GUI, so I don't have to make a request for everything. The application is long enough to deter job hunters who are "click-happy" and apply to every job they come across - applications that allow job hunters to store their resume in the system and click to apply generated hundreds of unqualified people who were desperate for anything and didn't even read the job description. On the reverse side of the spectrum (particularly government systems), I've seen (experienced) online submissions that were so long and tedious and could take hours to complete online. While some fields are mandatory in the application, iApplicants doesn't require a candidiate to essentially re-key every piece of their resume into sections of an online form.,They provided the various reports I needed, so I'm satisfied - they gave me what I needed quickly and didn't charge anything for customizing a couple of reports for me. If I were a larger organization or had more reporting needs, I think I'd want more flexibility to build them myself. (They may have report-builder tools that I'm not aware of since I haven't had the need for them, though.) I'm not sure if it's within their control, but screening questions are supposed to be required for an applicant to submit their application. Some applicants manage to submit without completing them. Allow candidates to attach multiple electronic files (3-4) in addition to their resume. Cover letters, writing samples, portfolios, etc. are helpful tools to obtain from a candidate during the application process rather than requesting in email later.,10,Dramatically increased employee efficiency. Before we moved to iApplicants, I had to track candidates through EACH phase of the recruiting process (even all of the people who had no business applying in the first place!) I had to send screening questions to candidates with potential, log their email responses, send notifications manually. Our HR staff is able to serve our internal stakeholders significantly. We're able to collaborate with hiring managers and upper management, provide status updates with just a few clicks, and provide better screening by re-aligning on criteria after the first batch of applicants arrives. Sometimes we have to be more lenient, other times more flexible, depending on what the response rate is to the job post. iApplicants significantly enhanced our ability to move candidates through the recruiting process quickly and effectively.,,8,,Job posting / social media integration - advertising the position Applicant management - it's not just a tool to generate a lot of resumes that then have to be read and further clarified for qualifications for the position. Background/screening - Managed through the system instead of a separate process. Community collaboration Documentation - easy retrieval of resume and applicant information for setting up a personnel file once an offer is made.,Community job board allows us to offer the ability to community partners in the hospitality industry to post jobs. It also links jobs we post to our COMPANY job board into the community board. (www.durhamhospitalityjobs.com) Recruitment for volunteers I wasn't expecting the email notification system to work so well. I love that it saves the communication sent right in the applicant's online record. Prior to using iApplicants, I had to manually track applicants--how many had passed through a series of steps in our recruiting process, including all of the initial applications we received that weren't qualified at all. iApplicants set up a custom report that automatically tracks total applicants, and the count of candidates who have completed each stage. We just use specific key words in the notes line and the report summarizes it by date and/or position.,I'm planning more cross-posting of our job board to other community websites (City, Chamber, etc.) I'm toying with how to use it to facilitate an internship process between employers and students from local universities. iApplicants has the ability to allow job-seekers to submit a resume without applying for a specific job and keep it in the system for 6 months, so employers can search for potential candidates. This will require facilitating training and demonstrating ROI so both candidates and employers see the advantage to participating in the exchange this way. They can enable the system to allow a candidate to append their initial application, but I think they said it requires candidates to create a profile or login. I like the idea of being able to edit an existing application, but not sure I want to make it more complicated than it is right now.,10,Vendor implemented,No,Change management was minimal,Aligning on status codes -- making sure all staff using the system knew which codes to filter by based on what their role in the hiring process was. We just toggle candidates back and forth to communicate where we're at with each phase.,10,Online training Self-taught,9,The product is very intuitive, so someone could pick it up without going through the full training series. However, I recommend watching at least the overview demo. Things like setting up templates and sending emails from the system should be well-understood before you send an email blast to external recipients.,No,10,No,When I approached iApplicants with an idea for sharing our job board, they immediately leaped into action. They provided examples of other applications that demonstrated what they could do. Most companies don't want to allow users access to the "back end" where things may be a little more complicated, but when I mentioned that I'd like to set up employers myself in our community job board, they provided detailed step-by-step instructions in a document, complete with pictures and highlights to areas that I needed to pay careful attention to in order to avoid configuration issues. Since our job board is limited to only employers in our community and only the hospitality industry, they also forward requests for employee accounts that come in through the site itself, so that we can approve who gets an account before they're set up.,Job posting/integration with other job boards Email/correspondence Archiving - keep track of people who applied without cluttering the active process.,When I copy and paste job requirements into the system, I sometimes have issues with fonts, spacing (e.g. bulleting). They offer an RTF editor, but I think the HTML behind it isn't always cooperating with what I'm trying to do. If we have a LOT of applicants that we've sent regret notices to, we have to click the link to archive each individual applicant. It would be nice to have a button to archive everyone who had a certain status code or who was tagged to receive an email.,10,10,10,9iApplicants is iAwesome!Maintained by our HR department, it is a tool used by all the supervisors and managers in the organization. It allows easy share of candidates being considered, allows hiring manager to be involved in search at appropriate levels and provides a more organized flow in the process. It provides the applicants a positive experience as well with autmated responses and ability to up-date applications/resumes if desired without repeating the entire process.,Sourcing Reports: We can see where we are getting the stronger pool candidates Email templates: Allows easy modification to email responses to large groups or individual applicants as to status of their application. Screening questions: Able to place screening questions on application that saves time in reviewing candidate application and moves them quickly to a 'yes' or 'no' category,Searching for candidates who applied earlier for different positions: You have an applicant who is not really a fit for a role he/she submitted an application toward. However, you have a new position come open that they may be perfect - but it was months ago and you cannot remember their name! Search via 'jobs applied for' maybe helpful,10,Faster lead conversion Positive experience for hiring managers huge save on paper and filing for HR! Able to pull archived job postings and applications without digging through manual files,ADP Workforce Now,15,1,10,8iApplicants - Use it and Hire right!iApplicants is used as our Applicant Tracking System. Through iApplicants, I am able to post jobs to multiple sites. Although it does not have all the bells and whistles of a more sophisticated ATS, for my company It is the most cost effective solution. We use the system to house all resumes that come in through our job postings. Some managers are able to use the system more effectively than others to communicate their hiring needs.,Easy to use Cost effective Great technical suport,Search capability Reporting features,8,Time to fill Ease of use,,8,3,1,Pricing Ease of use Customer Support,The screener questions help weed out resume submissions for some roles,If search capabilities and reporting capabilities become more robust, I can see some additional usage.,No,Price Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,I wouldn't change the process. It was fair and streamlined. iApplicants was the most budget friendly product for my company at the time.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,No issues,9,No,9,Yes,I had to add a user to our account in just the last week. I had not done it in a quite some time, so I clicked on the support icon, and I had a new user account up and running within minutes thanks to the online support.,Creating Job Postings Using Screener Questions Sending job posts to job sites,Reporting is limited Search is limited,No,9We weren't gone for long.We currently use iApplicants for the job board piece only. In the past, we have used the applicant tracking along with the job board. In an effort to streamline operations, we no longer use the applicant tracking only because our operations software we use has it's own application. The reporting tool, the ability to modify applications based on position applied for, and applicant tracking by status are a few of the features that we found to be extremely efficient. I wish our new software offered those. Being a service industry, we recruit and hire on a daily basis and our HR department uses the job board daily. The job board posts to multiple sites, allows access by feeder boards, increases our online visibility which in turn, reaches a much larger audience of prospects.,Ease of product use. There is little training needed when introducing this software to a new user. The ability to customize applications, job postings and reports streamlines our recruiting efforts while saving time and resources. Service has been great as well by support staff.,The only thing I would change is, when revising a job posting, the applications connected with that original post would retain the original custom questions. At this time, the updated questions on the application supersede the original which can be misleading if you are not aware this happens. We have worked around it just fine by having a rule that job posts not be edited. You can create a new one easily by copying the original and then making changes. You then have to search both postings for all candidates.,10,Increased employee efficiency Faster lead conversion The ability to identify qualified candidates Increased and more effective communication with candidates Source tracking to assist in determining where to best invest our recruiting resources, in turn increasing our ROI in our HR department The job board has increased our ROI as well with increased visibility on multiple job boards that would otherwise increase overall expenses,10
iApplicants

iApplicants Reviews

iApplicants
Filter 11 vetted iApplicants reviews and ratings
Kelly Gurney profile photo
June 16, 2017

User Review: "Love iApplicants!"

• The screening for our job applicants is excellent, I have tested it by using a group of people I knew to gauge it's effectiveness. It was spot on, it knows who the team players are and who the lone wolfs are, and the applicants can not fool the test.
  • The supplemental activities are excellent as well. I have a few that I use routinely and while they appear easy, in their simplicity many people get overconfident and make a mess of them, which is in itself an excellent indication of their lack of job skills.
  • In addition, I have had excellent customer service any time I have contacted iapplicants. They are responsive and do whatever they can to help you.
  • They could communicate new features better.
  • They could advertise better to the education industry, no one really knows about them.
In my opinion, they are well suited to any hiring scenario in which there are many applicants and you need to do an initial screening. The tests we use are effective in filtering out people who we have learned later or from experience would not work in our organization, those who have scored well have went on to be successful. It is an excellent tool.
Read Kelly Gurney's full review
Connie Hurt profile photo
April 09, 2015

Review: "Unless you LOVE shuffling paper and data entry, you need iApplicants!"

• Innovation - iApplicants partners with other related businesses and develops tools to streamline processes. Their integration makes sense - e.g. integrated background checks or HR software integration.
  • Responsiveness - I don't think I've ever had a response that was beyond 24 hours of my request.
  • Training and Updates - The dashboard offers tutorials at your fingertips. Updates/announcements are displayed upon logging in. I appreciate having it there as a constant reminder, but without getting a lot of email notices that clutter my inbox.
  • Customization - I love that we can brand the application for a professional recruiting "portal" and add additional details about our company. Additional customizations are accessible to me as an end user via the GUI, so I don't have to make a request for everything.
  • The application is long enough to deter job hunters who are "click-happy" and apply to every job they come across - applications that allow job hunters to store their resume in the system and click to apply generated hundreds of unqualified people who were desperate for anything and didn't even read the job description. On the reverse side of the spectrum (particularly government systems), I've seen (experienced) online submissions that were so long and tedious and could take hours to complete online. While some fields are mandatory in the application, iApplicants doesn't require a candidiate to essentially re-key every piece of their resume into sections of an online form.
  • They provided the various reports I needed, so I'm satisfied - they gave me what I needed quickly and didn't charge anything for customizing a couple of reports for me. If I were a larger organization or had more reporting needs, I think I'd want more flexibility to build them myself. (They may have report-builder tools that I'm not aware of since I haven't had the need for them, though.)
  • I'm not sure if it's within their control, but screening questions are supposed to be required for an applicant to submit their application. Some applicants manage to submit without completing them.
  • Allow candidates to attach multiple electronic files (3-4) in addition to their resume. Cover letters, writing samples, portfolios, etc. are helpful tools to obtain from a candidate during the application process rather than requesting in email later.
I think the product is well-scaled to work in both large and small companies. I'm often amazed when I learn of major organizations that are still shuffling paper or sitting on applications until they sort through all of them at once. This product allows HR to organize candidates as they submit applications and EASILY notify people (en masse) once they're out of consideration (instead of no response at all, which generates a lot of follow-up phone calls.) From the module to send emails, we simply choose the job we're sending notifications for, create a message (or use a template we've pre-built), filter candidates by the code for rejected applicants, check the box next to the candidate name, and click send. Not only is the process so easy, but the message/communication to the applicant is saved in the system (as is all communication sent out via the system.) We then archive the candidates so they're not cluttering the viable candidate lists.
Read Connie Hurt's full review
Mary Patterson profile photo
April 08, 2015

User Review: "iApplicants is iAwesome!"

• Sourcing Reports: We can see where we are getting the stronger pool candidates
  • Email templates: Allows easy modification to email responses to large groups or individual applicants as to status of their application.
  • Screening questions: Able to place screening questions on application that saves time in reviewing candidate application and moves them quickly to a 'yes' or 'no' category
  • Searching for candidates who applied earlier for different positions: You have an applicant who is not really a fit for a role he/she submitted an application toward. However, you have a new position come open that they may be perfect - but it was months ago and you cannot remember their name! Search via 'jobs applied for' maybe helpful
You can build up your iApplicant system to be as beefy as you want. But with cost in mind, we chose to keep it to a certain level and are receiving what we wanted to achieve. There are training opportunities via webinars which also shows ways you can expand the iApplicant service if desired. That is helpful to keep up-to-date with what is available
Read Mary Patterson's full review
Adam Ingber profile photo
June 30, 2014

User Review: "iApplicants - Use it and Hire right!"

• Cost effective
  • Great technical suport
  • Search capability
  • Reporting features
How many employees does your company have? I believe it is suitable for companies similar in size to mine or with fewer employees. I believe larger size companies should only use iApplicants if they hire employees in bulk. Meaning if they make simple hires it would be an excellent product for them. Because of the limited search capability, it may not be suitable for everyone.
Read Adam Ingber's full review
Debi Jordan profile photo
June 30, 2014

iApplicants Review: "We weren't gone for long."

• Ease of product use. There is little training needed when introducing this software to a new user.
  • The ability to customize applications, job postings and reports streamlines our recruiting efforts while saving time and resources.
  • Service has been great as well by support staff.
  • The only thing I would change is, when revising a job posting, the applications connected with that original post would retain the original custom questions. At this time, the updated questions on the application supersede the original which can be misleading if you are not aware this happens. We have worked around it just fine by having a rule that job posts not be edited. You can create a new one easily by copying the original and then making changes. You then have to search both postings for all candidates.
This product is very well suited for organizations and departments that do high volume recruiting.
Read Debi Jordan's full review
Kristin Heath profile photo
June 25, 2014

iApplicants Review: "No More Hiring Headaches!"

We use iApplicants to track applications. It is used by the Human Resource Department and applications are passed off to the hiring managers. This helps us fill open positions in a timely manner.
  • The ability to put tracking information in. If we want to reference check, hire, or reject, there are options to do mark those applicants as such.
  • Rejection emails. It's nice to be able to bulk mail those people who you're not interested in or once the position is filled
  • We especially like that once we post a job it asks us if we'd like to have iApplicants post them to there third party websites. Takes the trouble out of having to do it all individually :)
  • Multiple login's without additional charge.
  • More webinars regarding new trends in hiring
For us, we always have lots of openings being in hospitality so it's really nice that they don't limit the number of job postings.
Read Kristin Heath's full review
Kia Summers profile photo
January 21, 2014

iApplicants Review: "Sometimes you get MORE than you pay for!"

At my former employer I was responsible for the implementation of iApplicants. They had no ATS system previously. I assisted our implementation manager in setting the system up based on our company needs, trained the recruiters in using it and developed the reference materials for our team. I also as the lead recruiter utilized it daily to manage our applicant flow.
  • I think posting jobs is particularly easy, our prior system was time consuming and complicated. With iApplicants we reduced our time to post new positions from roughly 3-4 hours down to approximately 15 minutes depending on the number of sites you wanted to push the postings to.
  • The applicant screening questions were the best feature for a team with a large number of requisitions and a limited number of recruiters. This simple feature allowed us to sort through hundreds of candidates in a matter of minutes and identify the top 5-10 to forward to the hiring manager for review.
  • I like having the ability to set up access in the system for hiring managers to review candidates at their convenience. It reduces the need for active communication between the recruiter and the hiring manager regarding the status of incoming resumes.
  • The version we used didn't have the look and feel of more sophisticated ATS systems, which often feel more user friendly. It would be nice if it had less of a database format.
  • The posting feature utilized a third party which was great but didn't post to real time and required some follow up administratively. The feature of posting from the system is fantastic and the number of options is great but for sites that require manual entry and approval just knowing you are waiting on a third party company to manually enter those postings, have them approved and then verify they have actually been posted live requires a bit more follow up than I prefer.
  • We had a posting delete and no technical explanation as to why or how. It took someone several days to realize it was gone which lost traction and was alarming when we realized that the technical support team had no idea how it happened or what could prevent it from happening again. Needless to say that led to having to verify all postings were active daily for several weeks after which was time consuming when you have 30 open requisitions at a time.
I think iApplicants is a great place to start if you are trying to implement a web based ATS system. It doesn't have all of the enhanced features of the more robust systems but for the cost it can't be beat.
Read Kia Summers's full review
Rodney Sharp profile photo
January 24, 2014

iApplicants Review: "Innovative Tool!"

When I was the HR Recruiter for Elk Valley Health Services, I received all applications from nurses and nurse aides through iApplicants and found it quite simple and useful! Upon receiving an application, I attempted to reach out by phone to the prospective employee within 48 hours. I would speak with them for about 20 minutes to determine if they might be a viable candidate. If so, I would forward my notes, along with the nurse's application, to a Field Staff Supervisor, who would contact them to set up a face-to-face interview. If my phone call with the applicant proved that they would NOT be a potential fit, I would use iApplicants to send them a letter of rejection. I loved using this tracking system and would definitely recommend its use to any organization!
  • It keeps good track of applicants-both good potentials and less-than-desirable prospects.
  • It provides wonderful assistance in sending 'anonymous' emails to applicants who are less than desirable.
  • It does an excellent job of pushing postings out to free sites!
  • Nothing to report
I have used numerous ATS's, including Taleo and Prospera, and I definitely like iApplicants the best.
Read Rodney Sharp's full review
June 30, 2014

iApplicants Review: "IDEAL for SMALL BUSINESS to handle their RECRUITING needs at a PERFECT PRICE!"

I was working for a small software development company that worked on federal contracts. I needed an applicant tracking system to be able to do my government reporting. Having come from the staffing industry I was used to a bigger package, but iApplicants suited our small business needs at an EXCELLENT price!
  • Track job historical postings
  • Track applicants and allowed searching
  • Supported government reporting such as EEO-1 report
  • Postings jobs to my website
  • Tracking for the VETS-100 report was lacking as we were not allowed to include the EEO survey as a part of the EEO survey.
  • Several years ago, the dashboard could have uses some visual improvement to make it more user friendly.
I required a system that would allow me to post jobs to my company website, track applications, allow searching of applications and track applicants for government reports. And all this had to be done for a very reasonable price. iApplicants did all this.
June 27, 2014

iApplicants Review: "Happy with iApplicant!"

About three years ago we implemented the iApplicants system for our applicant tracking system. Prior to iApplicants candidates would apply to us directly via email and we would print each individual email, cover letter, and resume. Now with iApplicants we have significantly reduced the amount of paper that we use because we only print the materials for candidates that we either phone screen/interview. In addition, with the iApplicants system it has become easier for managers to review candidates since we can send the materials to managers via email. The system is primarily used by our department however, there are some managers in the building that like to have access and manage the applications for this positions on their own. The system works well because it gives us flexibility.
  • Posting to free job boards - after a job posting has been entered in the iApplicant system you have the option to send the job posting to multiple job boards that are FREE! These sites included Craig's List, Oodle, Simply Hired and Indeed. This saves time because you don't have re-enter the same information each website individually.
  • Flexibility with making changes to department/statuses - with the iApplicant system it is extremely easy to add or delete departments from the systems as well as make new "status" categories (i.e. review completed, not selected, etc.). You can make statuses that are unique to your organization.
  • Manager access - you can easily give manager access to the system by creating them a log-in that can modified after the position has been filled so another manager can use a log-in. Also, when giving manger access you can limit or customize what information they are able to see and what actions they are able to do within the system.
  • Slowness - there are times when the system takes a long time to think to retrieve data and I've also experienced times when the system has complete frozen.
  • Reporting - there are a lot of different reports that automatically come with the system. However, it's not always easy to find the reports that you're looking for as you need to click through multiple screens to get to the specific report that you are looking for.
If you are looking to use this system across an entire organization and want all managers to have a log-in access at all time I would recommend taking a close look at the cost because there is an additional cost for more log-ins.
May 06, 2014

"iApplicants review"

We are using IApplicants to track applicants for our currently openings. All hiring managers also have access to review potential candidates and they make their so our Recruiter can then reach out to them.
  • Organization – No more paper application. That alone is a great way to keep organized.
  • Help – We have a rep that has helped us along the way.
  • Simple – The simplicity to the site is great! If we only need to find applications for a certain position, it’s a click away. If we need to make notes to an application we have that option.
  • In my personal use of IApplicants I have to admit that I haven't come across something that needs improvement. If we need something we call our Rep and he get's it done.
If you are hiring a high volume for different positions, this is a great option. On our Website we have a shortcut to submit applications and individuals have the option to view positions available. Our hiring managers can also view who’s applied and make notes if they are fit our not. Our Recruiter reaches out to make offers or set up interviews. You can update status of individuals, if they are onboarding, hired, etc. and create reports. An easy way to keep everybody updated.

Job Requisition Management (1)
Company Website Posting (3)
Publish to Social Media (2)
Job Search Site Posting (3)
6.0
Customized Application Form (3)
Resume Management (2)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (2)
Candidate Search (2)
Applicant Tracking (3)
Collaboration (1)
Task Creation and Delegation (1)
Email Templates (2)
9.4
User Permissions (3)
Notifications and Alerts (3)
10.0
Reporting (3)
10.0

About iApplicants

iApplicants is a cloud-based ATS developed by Job Match, LLC.This product offers the full suite of features typical of applicant tracking systems: a user-friendly interface and mobile app, batch or mass communication with potential candidates via multiple channels such as email or by leveraging its integration with social networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn) and commonly used applications (e.g. Outlook), automated phone screens, instantaneous posting to multiple job boards, resume parsing, and data and document uploading. This particular platform is sought and used by small to midsize companies and is offered on a flexible payment schedule, including a no contract month-to-month payment plan or on a fee schedule better structured to accommodate light users and small business. Transitioning and implementation is supported via live business hours customer support. A free demo and free live consultation are both available to familiarize potential buyers with the platform.