- Pre-built connectors (6)9.090%
- Support for real-time and batch integration (6)9.090%
- Data quality services (6)9.090%
- Data security features (6)9.090%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM App Connect, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
|IBM App Connect allows businesses to connect applications and build integration flows with no-code apprach, a catalog of pre-built connectors and commn templates. It provides rapid access to business-critical information, while also securing and protecting, enabling businesses to more easily create new and engaging user experiences for their customers. Built-in AI with suggestive data mapping and transformation also speed up development and testing of hybrid integrations.|
- Securely expose APIs to Intranet/Internet
- The pn-premise set up of API Connect is fairly easier compared to Apigee.
- The development of API proxy is fairly easy.
- The development and the transformation capability is not so great. I believe IBM is looking to incorporate some of features of IBM App Connect into API Connect.
- The authentications features are no way close to CA API Management (f.k.a Laye r7).
- The development experience is not as good as Apigee's.
- The GUI should be improved. Maybe the product team should see the other API management tools in their offering.
From my research, the cheapest version of a cloud subscription is more [expensive] than Apigee. I think Apigee's cheapest is around ~300-400 USD/ month.
- It helped our organization seamlessly integrate the on-premise services with partner organization.
IBM API Connect is positioned ahead of Apigee in the Gartner report. But in my opinion the development experience and the data transformation capability is way better in Apigee and it’s a proved solution and has a huge client list. (I have worked on an American Express implementation where the Apigee platform supported millions of transactions).
The analytics features are not available in the free Bluemix version of API Connect. Whereas it is available in Apigee. The security features in Layer 7 (now known as CA API Management) are way better than Apigee or IBM API Connect.
2. Daily, Monthly and Weekly data loads and feeds.
3. File Handling
4. Securely exposing Web Services (REST and SOAP) to applications outside the ecosystem.
5. Bulk data loads in Salesforce.com
2. Good understanding of Application integration concepts, Web Services (SOAP and REST)
3. Understanding of XML, CSVs, JSONs
4. Understanding of the endpoints and their functioning like Salesforce.com, SAP, Oracle (At least the basic concepts)
- Salesforce.com integration. IBM App Connect has pre built connectors for different endpoints (Like Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft etc) which will save lot of development time
- File Handling in different data formats like JSONs, XML, CSVs and Fixed Length and scheduling of Data loads and feeds
- Web Service Integration (RESTful and SOAP)
- User friendly Web Management Console access through a browser for monitoring purpose
- Handling huge files for daily, weekly, and monthly data load jobs
- Integrating Oracle with Salesforce.com
- Integration of web services
- Continue using for dataloads and for web service integration