Reviews (1-12 of 12)
- It allows large file to be sent
- I can send it securely by email
- I can download the application to my desktop so i have the files on hand
- The recipient had trouble downloading the data and the software would not install for them
- Ease of use: the Graphical User Interface doesn't require technical know-how to operate
- Delivery Receipts: this allows us the confidence to know our files have reached our customers
- Activity Monitor: lets you know how much data you have used, which is important for budgeting reasons.
- I would like more easily scriptable workflow support - perhaps some Python libraries?
- Email notifications when data quotas have been reached
- I would like to see the price difference between Standard and Advanced come down.
- Very easy to configure, implement, administer, and support. In my company, we don't require a vendor to support Aspera. We have a dedicated team, which does the work for us. This makes it cost-effective.
- Features include file-sharing options for users outside the organization. This is a great feature especially if you deal with multiple sales vendor who requires restricted access to your software. Aspera allows you to share certain software access files with them.
- The biggest issue is with version control, there are frequent requests that come along to update to the latest version. This becomes a challenge if you use Aspera around the clock. Any updates will halt Aspera's use and this can create operational inefficiency.
- File download with the same file name creates an issue because the system doesn't distinguish between the files. No error message is shown and the file gets downloaded as it is on the desktop.
- Reliability of transfers.
- Simplicity of use once well configured.
- Availability of specialists to help building solutions.
- UI is not always consistent nor working (drag and drop buggy in certain areas).
- Missing contextual help.
- Missing some granularity for the activity feature.
Unfortunately, some companies are using alternative solutions as Signiant and all technologies are not communicating directly.
Simple case, it would be great to have an FTP connector to avoid in some circumstances to have to get files from a FTP server to a personal computer to then reupload to Aspera, or the same to upload on a FTP server. This could be a degraded mode (in term of performances) but would be very convenient.
- Upload/download large files without it failing and starting over
- File integrity/no corruption
- Storing files for re-download
- Track upload/download usage OVERALL to know how much space is left
- Track cloud storage overall to know how much space is left
- More easily send single links to users for download, rather than full access (I know it is possible, but it is not intuitive)
It is also great for enterprise-sized companies since it makes file sharing so much easier.
- Totally secure workspaces. Files are invisible unless shared and authenticated.
- Unparalleled speeds of transfer - Haven't capped the speeds yet, across multiple users.
- Top-notch support services. I've never had a ticket go longer than 24 hours without being reviewed by an engineer, resolved, and closed.
- Functionality is growing, and new features are being added (sometimes changing the experience without warning).
- The UI is rather sparse and requires some getting used to.
- Features like search and filtering on workspace names are still missing, so some scrolling is required to work within the Files menu.
- Easy to use and easy to configure and administer.
- Desktop Sync Client is now free!
- Options to share files or request files from users outside the organization.
- Integration options can help save on costs.
- Frequent request to install the latest version of the client.
- Intermittent errors on IOS client when receiving packages as a guest.
No value-added if it is for small and conventional sized files. Also in the case of migration of large volumes of data to the cloud, be ready to pay as the cost goes high. It is also not the best option to store and archive the files permanently due to the cost.
I recommend this program if you need to share media with multiple partners, in smaller work settings this program might not be the best suited for media sharing.
- The upload and download speed is very fast compared to the other systems we have used in the past.
- The file uploader has a progress bar which very accurately shows in both visual and percentage manner, the quantity of the file uploaded and time remaining.
- Ability to send multiple files to multiple people. A lot of these file transfer systems dont have that ability, so its a great plus for a big organization.
- The upload window doesnt stay on top of the web browsers. It kept getting lost if another browser tab was opened.
- The system lacks ability to customize the due notifications when the upload/download is completed. The users should be able to choose if they want a sound notification or another way to be notified of large uploads/downloads that take time.
- Multiple downloads of the same name (same file)have no distinct file names automatically given by the system to distinguish between them. I think the system should prompt an error message in that instance.
IBM Aspera on Cloud Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is IBM Aspera on Cloud?
IBM Aspera® on Cloud is a hosted service designed to allow users to quickly and reliably send and share files and data sets of any size and type across a hybrid cloud environment — according the vendor, up to hundreds of times faster than FTP and HTTP.
- Collaborate with internal and external users using shared work spaces, while controlling access to your data.
- Access data stored across multiple clouds and on-premises data centers.
- Move files of any size and volume over any distance at maximum speed, regardless of network conditions.
IBM Aspera on Cloud Videos (2)
IBM Aspera on Cloud Integrations
IBM Aspera on Cloud Competitors
IBM Aspera on Cloud Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Pay as You Go||$0.95||per transferred gigabyte|
|Standard Edition||$716.40||per transfer volume starting at 1 terabyte per year|
|Advanced Edition||$10,440.00||per transfer volume starting at 6 terabytes per year|
|Enterprise Edition||Contact sales||per transfer volume starting at 60 terabytes per year|
IBM Aspera on Cloud Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
IBM Aspera on Cloud Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|